• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

thats going to be the next urn quest. lol

althuogh if hes not the one doleing out the missions like eris, I fear since we know the new raid is going to be the arena, I would hate for him to be the anouncer. I wouild except it only if hes the final boss.

speaking of which, who is the final boss going to be. I dont know much about the fallen lore, unlike crota I cant think of any fallen legendary figures that could be the end game for the new raid.
I am hoping that the douche doesn't end up having an Eris role for HoW.

Boss will probably a mega version of an Archon Priest. The raid gear for Hunter or Warlock talks about an Archon Priest. The Titan gear is based around the Wolf Walker that you face in one of the new strikes if I recall correctly.

rNilla

I'd actually rather have a raid that can be completed quickly like CE than something like VoG's mandatory spend 30 minutes in the Well.

I'd actually rather have a raid that can be completed quickly like CE than something like VoG's mandatory spend 30 minutes in the Well.
Nothing like spending eternity hunting Oracles! Fun times.

Huh? It is just over a month away, that isn't bad!

I missed you all!!!

Deku do you have a new group for Nightfalls/Weeklies? Take me back! :(
Well considering I haven't played this game since January. Seems far away to me.

5/19 can't come soon enough. I'm definitely taking the day off to play.

Perhaps story missions and grind to 33 in the morning and blind raid in the afternoon/evening?

Release date doesn't mean jack to me, I want leveling details so we know what to bother stacking in the meantime. New "commendations" or old ones still good? Vendor light levels? NM and HM Raid release dates?

I'm guessing they'll have some exclusive release story deal with another website like for TDB that actually includes the nuts and bolts.

Took the words right out of my mouth. After the clusterfuck around the disjointed info release at TDB that resulted in people making poor decisions on incomplete info, I expect them to do better this time around but I am not holding my breath. The PR cycle is about generating hype, not delivering detailed info dumps.

It is also another indictment against a piss-poor game design that it isn't immediately obvious to us how progression should continue with an expansion. It should be a simple extension of what already exists, yet they instead rework numerous sytems and arbitrarily add new activity gates.

Lnkn52

All I know, it's not going to be like Halo's HuntTheTruth countdown first TV Spot.

giphy.gif

Took the words right out of my mouth. After the clusterfuck around the disjointed info release at TDB that resulted in people making poor decisions on incomplete info, I expect them to do better this time around but I am not holding my breath. The PR cycle is about generating hype, not delivering detailed info dumps.

It is also another indictment against a piss-poor game design that it isn't immediately obvious to us how progression should continue with an expansion. It should be a simple extension of what already exists, yet they instead rework numerous sytems and arbitrarily add new activity gates.

They better give us all those details in this week's update, a month to prepare is perfect timing.

Last time was like 1 fucking week, not to mention all the exotic weapon BS

noomi

Noooo Noomi! Have fun with GTA :) if you pop onto the PS4 I've a friend request waiting there for you! :)

Will do! Whats your PSN name by the way? I have a few pending ones, but usualy am weary accepting if I don't recognize the name....

Enjoy the break Noomi. When you come back maybe you can make Atheon's rooms disappear again...

CCejbxKUAAIVx5u.jpg:large

CCejfopVIAIv6MC.jpg:large

Hah! Thanks man :) It still amazes me how you can fabricate these random screenshots of us on the fly like that lol!

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I just hope they don't make it like impossible to do it at lvl 32. That would piss me off. I am not gonna bother with vendor gear this time.

LiK

can't help but notice everyone here has been in the same damn threads as me. we really do have similar taste in games, lol

Dear Bungie,

All I ask is for a raid without gamebreaking glitches and headache inducing lag. That's all. My blood pressure would appreciate it.

With Love,
Everyday Math

Xoxo

Shito

Come on guys let's be positive! I'll go first:

Like my exotic gauntlets? I ripped off the exterior of a Warsat and made them. They damage anything that melees me.

ACD/0 Feedback Fence
I realize I didn't even take a look at the leaked exotics for HoW.
Alas, nothing really stands out... :(
Those "add poison when meleeing an enemy while invisible" gloves for the Hunter could be fun to use, but then again you usually don't come that close to an enemy unless you know you can OHKO it...
There's not a single exotic in that list that I really want for their perks. The hunter helmet and the warlock chest are looking cool though.

RetroMG

Did May 19th get confirmed or is that still going off the Megaman leak? I haven't been looking at the thread much the last day or so.

I'm going to be in Disneyland that week, which, one hand, yay Disneyland, but on the other hand, boo, I'm going to miss the blind raids.

Deku Tree

Deku do you have a new group for Nightfalls/Weeklies? Take me back! :(

Haha. No new group. Kinda dead around here for forming a new group anyways Lolz.

I've been just doing NF Tuesday morning with whoever is doing it. Then I do weeklies whenever or with MM.

You can come back anytime Cosmos!!!

Dear Bungie,

All I ask is for a raid without gamebreaking glitches and headache inducing lag. That's all. My blood pressure would appreciate it.

With Love,
Everyday Math

Xoxo

I am hoping that the raid boss fixes in the upcoming patch actually works and that what they learned from that influenced the code for the new HoW raid.

LTWood12

Did May 19th get confirmed or is that still going off the Megaman leak? I haven't been looking at the thread much the last day or so.

I'm going to be in Disneyland that week, which, one hand, yay Disneyland, but on the other hand, boo, I'm going to miss the blind raids.

It's confirmed. Activision sent emails to all the major gaming outlets making the announcement. Trailer will be up in an hour.

may 19th. we have just a little more than a month to prepare for what I am unsure yet.
its crazy to think we have had TDB longer than we have had vanilla destiny. I need some new blood, some new grinding. I kinda like the grind. I just currenlty have nothing to grind out.

hopefully they will give is queens wrath early in prepartion.

I think Ill be skipping the blind raid this time around. when scota launched. 3 hours in, we could not get past the bridge. we have gotten some faulty intel on how to kill the gatekeeper. but it was really exciting at first, but not much fun when you got rolling.

I really hope they don't do the +1 level crap again so that it is more about figuring out how to complete the raid than it is to stay alive from OP waves of enemies. Figuring out each parts for the first time was definitely exciting.

Destiny Hard Crota (the actual boss fight) 1st day prepared me for Bloodborne somewhat and BB prepared me even moreso. I'm ready to keep dying!

(Also ready for anything since I have all the healing gear/weapons I need now, unlike when I played Hard Crota)

Haha. No new group. Kinda dead around here for forming a new group anyways Lolz.

I've been just doing NF Tuesday morning with whoever is doing it. Then I do weeklies whenever or with MM.

You can come back anytime Cosmos!!!

Hooray! It totally is like a family reunion in here!

Let's start again next Tuesday/Wednesday?

RetroMG

Remote play...?

From Disneyland? I mean, yeah, I'll bring my Vita and start stuff from the hotel room, but usually when my family goes to Disneyland, we're either in the park or asleep.

Just saw all the stuff about the HoW confirmation. Now I kind of don't care that I'll be out of town until that Friday, I'm just so excited for new content.

LTWood12

Ugh I'm going to be in a fucking meeting when the trailer drops. It's going to be like the good ol' days when being gone an hour meant I missed a good 10 pages of posts.

Namikaze1

Decided to log in for the first time in weeks.

Game leads me to character creation screen instead of character select.

You think this is a game, Bungie?
6685799.jpg

I will be in too!

As soon as details spill I will figure out my battle plan on making sure I am ready for day one. Looks like I will be coming back very soon!

Hey, if you need people, hook me up! I'll be set to go upon launch if the raid isn't locked. And isn't the entry level for normal raid 32? Or 33? Can't remember what the leak showed. I hope we don't have to go through that bullshit though I was lucky enough to reach 31 on my Titan on TDB launch day.

Yeah, for sure. We've still got more than a month to figure out how many people are serious about blind release raiding. From my weekly reset crew: Rawr, Casmith, Yzen and Palom are all on break until HoW, and Steroyd was the only one that actually showed up last week, lol. Once we get an exact raid release time I'll reach out to people and start coordinating schedules to see who's available and interested.

Funny to think about but half of my TDB raid release team was supposed to be Cyborg, Mattiator and Astro... who are all retired now. Matt is the only one that played much TDB but I haven't seen him in Destiny or this thread for a very long time. I know Astro was very disappointed with the paltry TDB "expansion" and Cyborg missed it completely due to the most recent WoW expansion progression.

Deku Tree

Did you have any hope Bungie would fix this?
Ever since they took the "remove the problem" solution, it was clear it was too much of a hassle for them to properly fix it. Their code must REALLY be a mess...

Well they said they would fix it so I kinda just took them at their word.

I thought the Word of Crota one was fixed some time ago. It wast just Black Hammer that was still messed up.

How did they fix WoC? If you shoot hive you can't get crits so you don't get extra rounds. Still broken right?

Edit:

It looks simple on the surface, but i think is actually fairly complicated to solve. The Hive Disruptor perks breaks the damage type counter so consecutive precision shots are not avcounted for. They would have to rework the whole sub system for calculation. Something they probably don't think is worthwile for a couple of weapons.

Yeah but my big question is if it's such a big programming problem then how did no one at Bungie not see this coming? Do they not test anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom