• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to log in for the first time in weeks.

Game leads me to character creation screen instead of character select.

You think this is a game, Bungie?
6685799.jpg
tumblr_nm7x7wwj5o1tlb56zo1_250.gif

Namikaze1

Going back to main screen resulted in the same thing happening. But it fixed itself five seconds later.

Don't be scaring me like that, Bungie!

LTWood12

Yeah, for sure. We've still got more than a month to figure out how many people are serious about blind release raiding. From my weekly reset crew: Rawr, Casmith, Yzen and Palom are all on break until HoW, and Steroyd was the only one that actually showed up last week, lol. Once we get an exact raid release time I'll reach out to people and start coordinating schedules to see who's available and interested.

Funny to think about but half of my TDB raid release team was supposed to be Cyborg, Mattiator and Astro... who are all retired now. Matt is the only one that played much TDB but I haven't seen him in Destiny or this thread for a very long time. I know Astro was very disappointed with the paltry TDB "expansion" and Cyborg missed it completely due to the most recent WoW expansion progression.

T-44 is having a baby like a week before, but I think he and I will probably be around for the festivities.

5 more resets until the HoW releases (which includes a reset so HoW is the 6th reset from now).

75 marks, 15 motes and 2500 rep per char if just doing nightfalls + 1 Eris NF bounty.

I'll buy mats to get down to 120ish marks and be ready to be maxed by HoW

Decided to log in for the first time in weeks.

Game leads me to character creation screen instead of character select.

You think this is a game, Bungie?
6685799.jpg

happened to me this morning.

then i remembered i quit destiny last night and freed myself from the grind.

house of wolves is going to have to be amazing for me to give my soul back to rahool.

So for CE you pretty much had to have a 31 to run the sword to have any hope. Did anyone here beat it the first day?

We started right at release time, made it to Crota and wasted a couple hours before World's First spilled the Lv31 beans. Took a while to grind my Titan to Lv31 but got there on release day.

I can't remember if it was the same day or not, I need to check my old video archives. All I remember about my first NM Crota kill was we played all through the night and finally beat him in the wee morning hours the next day. So many team members had dropped out and been replaced by the end. The party chat was still called "DekuBleep's Party Chat" even though he'd gone to bed many hours earlier, lol.

Deku Tree

We started right at release time, made it to Crota and wasted a couple hours before World's First spilled the Lv31 beans. Took a while to grind my Titan to Lv31 but got there on release day.

I can't remember if it was the same day or not, I need to check my old video archives. All I remember about my first NM Crota kill was we played all through the night and finally beat him in the wee morning hours the next day. So many team members had dropped out and been replaced by the end. The party chat was still called "DekuBleep's Party Chat" even though he'd gone to bed many hours earlier, lol.

Haha. Yup I went to sleep well after midnight but I remember you picked up other people and went all night long and beat it sometime in the morning after I had woken up. That's some real dedication!

Namikaze1

That's three times in the past 5 minutes I pressed circle! It was definitely a good idea to return to the game today cause I need to readjust myself.

LTWood12

Oh man that sounds brutal. So what is going to be the best way to get a head start on leveling? Maxing out marks, getting rep to almost the next level, saving Cryptarch packages?

blackjaw

i just want to know if its worth getting my reps to a few ticks before next level and maxing marks or if they are introducing new currencies

Daemul

happened to me this morning.

then i remembered i quit destiny last night and freed myself from the grind.

house of wolves is going to have to be amazing for me to give my soul back to rahool.

You quit Zoba? Fuck. Is there any of the old guard left? :(

Yeah but my big question is if it's such a big programming problem then how did no one at Bungie not see this coming? Do they not test anything?

That is a good point and I don't know how they miss that. It is one thing to miss an obscure bug that is hard to detect outside of the millions of players probing every boundary condition, but this is as straightforward as they come.

It is as if no one at QA even bothered to test Black Hammers primary perks before release. The bug is manifest simply using it as it was designed.

I really hope they don't do the +1 level crap again so that it is more about figuring out how to complete the raid than it is to stay alive from OP waves of enemies. Figuring out each parts for the first time was definitely exciting.

Destiny Hard Crota (the actual boss fight) 1st day prepared me for Bloodborne somewhat and BB prepared me even moreso. I'm ready to keep dying!

(Also ready for anything since I have all the healing gear/weapons I need now, unlike when I played Hard Crota)

Normal CE actually gave us a +2 level crap on launch day. unless you were fortuante to mad dash to 31 day of.

You quit Zoba? Fuck. Is there any of the old guard left? :(

it's not just destiny. i've been trying to quit gaming entirely for ages and it seems like the only thing that will work is cold turkey. as joe staten once put it, i need to create more and consume less.

Hawkian, it's time to expand Guardian School. We may need a class or two to readjust ourselves. :p

tumblr_m9wtmq9gE41rqfhi2o1_500.gif

That nightmare ended ages ago!

no come on

Namikaze1

I wanted to do Nightfall and Weekly but upon realizing what it is and what the modifiers are, I literally said nope and went straight to daily. Also said nope on that. Don't know what to do now.

Gordon

Where did this get announced? I've gathered HoW trailer is supposed to be surfacing soon, but I haven't seen anything about it off-GAF. Source?

GhaleonEB

Damn the video was out already, but was set to private:

http://kotaku.com/destinys-house-of-wolves-comes-out-may-19-1697466230

They say they sent the news early by accident and that the video will actually go live at 1pm ET today, so we’ll just have to stare at the screen for an hour and a half waiting for the good part, which should be a familiar activity to anyone who plays Destiny.
That is ice cold.
Where did this get announced? I've gathered HoW trailer is supposed to be surfacing soon, but I haven't seen anything about it. Source?

See above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom