• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
zXxRYdf.jpg

Completed to the left, incomplete to the right. (Necrochasm is incomplete for some random reason)

I have maxed out TLW before but the Vex made it obsolete before the DLC hit. And outside of Solar burn I think the Bad Juju makes the Vex Obsolete. Universal Remote is beautful. NLB I am waiting for the inevitable patch lmao.

I am missing two Hunter Exotic pieces, actually three if you consider the boots, but MEH all of them aren't very useful outside of the one that gives extra Super energy (I think Third Man is better for PVP anyway).

I have Primary/Special/Heavy of each element all 331 except Arc Heavy (I keep getting 331 Rockets but my 300 one has better perks) and I also have a Void Shotty because it's OP in both PVP and against Minotaurs.

All 3 classes are all Hunters with Blade Dancer and Gunslinger levelled. I am done until the DLC.

--

For Solar Sniper

I think the Longbow Synthesis (with Firefly and Faster Reloads) is the best.
There are times you want BH for inf ammo, especially where there isn't a burn or Crota's End
There are times you want Ice Breaker for a different sort of inf ammo (where you can't pick up packs)

But the Longbow Synthesis is freaking amazing. I got the Raid Chest that gives extra Sniper ammo so it has 15 shots, all fast reloads, that is 3 clips. Perfect for basically any non-boss scenario. If it were Raid gear people would go crazy for it.

Made finally getting the BH kinda disappointing. haha

The way I was seeing people talk about IB, I thought it was this huge thing where you only find entire enemy teams of 32s or something. So far I've been doing better in this than regular Crucible as a 31 and alone. Guess all that training for it wasn't necessary.

Funny thing, too. They have exactly the 36 light gear I need to hit 32: chest and boots.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Thanks for the Crota run guys, I'm happy to snag that 4th Horseman. The Gjallarhorn is now quite literally the only exotic in the game I'm missing. Of course it'd come down to that one...

noomi

Noomi got it!!!

Noomi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOMI GOT IT!!!!

1st time i do Crota with Noomi, Noomi gets a Hawkmoon :D

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!

Congrats!

Ohhhhhh... congrats Noomi.

Congrats!!!

Yep anytime :) but nonetheless I must depart now...

Congratul-fucking-ations!!!

Congrats.

Gratz noomi, I know you wanted Hawkmoon a lot!

I remember him posing about grinding ROC strikes daily. That's dedication

Nice to see the reset start off with joy. Congrats noomi!

Oh hey, nice noomi, congrats!
So now there's really nothing stopping us from using HAWKMOON as the password thingy for Bloodborne... ^^

Congrats Nooomi! Now it's only LiK right?

Haha! Thank you all so much! I damn near lost my mind when I saw the yellow text "Noomi Found Hawkmoon" I started laughing and cheering and I think a single tear dropped down my face lmao!

Then.... I heard the door open, and my zombie wife walked into my office with the look "You mother fucker, you woke me up!" and then I said "babe.... but... the HAWKMOON I GOT IT!" she smiled a bit, said "congrats" and retired back to the bedroom. She will let me have it later when we are both back home haha!

Worth it! WORTH IT!

Didn't even have a chance to equip it because I had to hustle my ass out of the house to get to work lol.

TODAY IS THE BEST DAY EVAR!

This was the whole fireteam when it dropped

large.gif

BokehKing

Banned
Did they incorporate the smaller maps into iron banner yet, or are we playing the same 3 boring maps over and over again

Hell at this point I would take the moon map back if we are stuck with the same 3 all week long

phen0m24

Nice noomi! Just in time for IB. :)

Now we await the Kartik or Hudson posts of either mad chaos glee or finally ya stupid game! ;)

Bring forth the Horns!

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
Did they incorporate the smaller maps into iron banner yet, or are we playing the same 3 boring maps over and over again

Hell at this point I would take the moon map back if we are stuck with the same 3 all week long

I don't mind the map selections, just fix it so the same map doesn't repeat 4 times in a row. Nothing more annoying than playing Twilight 4 times in a row. I don't feel like backing out because my team is on a winning streak.

Stratn

Just a quick question, I have a maxed out Admonisher 3 with void and tracking. Is this rocket launcher OK to use against Crota on Normal mode? I often hear (from people on DestinyLFG) that they just want people with the G-horn.

I also wanted to give a shout-out to Layercop. He helped a pack of noobs take Crota down. He is a class act and made the sword look easy (all though I bet its not). He left before I got to thank him.

Man, Destiny has a great community!!

No because you will still need gauntlets.

Edit:Did Lord Iron Banner sell gauntlets last time ?

yeah at the first IB after TDB launched.

Just a quick question, I have a maxed out Admonisher 3 with void and tracking. Is this rocket launcher OK to use against Crota on Normal mode? I often hear (from people on DestinyLFG) that they just want people with the G-horn.

I also wanted to give a shout-out to Layercop. He helped a pack of noobs take Crota down. He is a class act and made the sword look easy (all though I bet its not). He left before I got to thank him.

Yup. Any maxed out RL with Tracking is fine for both normal and hard mode.

E92 M3

Perfectly fine for Crota

Haha! Thank you all so much! I damn near lost my mind when I saw the yellow text "Noomi Found Hawkmoon" I started laughing and cheering and I think a single tear dropped down my face lmao!

Then.... I heard the door open, and my zombie wife walked into my office with the look "You mother fucker, you woke me up!" and then I said "babe.... but... the HAWKMOON I GOT IT!" she smiled a bit, said "congrats" and retired back to the bedroom. She will let me have it later when we are both back home haha!

Worth it! WORTH IT!

Didn't even have a chance to equip it because I had to hustle my ass out of the house to get to work lol.

TODAY IS THE BEST DAY EVAR!

This was the whole fireteam when it dropped

large.gif
Holy shit, I'm so happy for you. I better see your ass on Iron Banner by Thursday at the latest!

ocean

Banned

The LFG community has a bizarre hard on for Gjallarhorn. You can use a Sniper, machine gun or basically any upgraded rocket against Crota. Timing (killing Swordbearer quickly and taking Crota's shield down all together) is far more important.

Shito

Fuck this Nightfall.

Fuck it indeed.
Even when I was still chasing my Horn I was skipping it.
This week I will skip it as well, and without the slightest regret or remorse in me.

And to come back to that discussion early on about the XP boost it gives: nobody mentionned this, but I find myself prefering the rep boost it adds as well. Helps levelling up Rahool, for those blue packages or those purple engrams decoding to ass mats...

ethomaz

Banned
1st NF = 12 Shards

PS. I need to kill these Sentinels with Flame Shield, what I have? Gjallarhorn... lol the NF dropped a lot of heavy for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom