• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, someone please tell me this has an explanation:

I am running Crota hard right now. I did the normal r2 smash method to get him in 3 swords. When we were in the crystal room after the ogres, it said enrage was near when Crota was on the right. We just played like normal and killed him after he rotated to the middle.

For the second clear, which just happened, this time it said enrage was near while Crota was in the middle (after ogres). He rotated to the right, then as he was about to rotate back to the middle, he enraged.

What in the fucking fuck is that? Has this happened to anyone before? Is there a way to prevent it (other than kill him in two swords har har)?

Deku is right, enrage timer starts when you activate the phase. You have a lot of time to kill while clearing the initial adds when doing the standard 3 sword kill strat but sounds like you were taking a really long time if you're seeing the "enrage is near" text at all. That means there's one minute until enrage and he spends one minute at each position, so you still have time if he's already on the right and you can do the third sword quickly. If he was in the middle you'd have to just go get the 3rd sword and hit him on the right side at that point.

That second run must have just been super slow clearing the major Knights/acolytes before going outside. No glitch or lag involved.

Scrota advice for page topper. Need to get lap top fixed so I can stop being a scrubby mobile poster.

Ridli

Reposting for new page -- Looking for 1 more to run Normal Mode Crota

PSN
1. RidliMM (me!)
2. Retrogamer42
3. UnstableH20
4. Bengeance
5. Kaikken
6. Garrison

Edit: Looks full

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What.

ieQKXj3SdwLPs.png

Also the 10 minute from glass break is accurate. Should really never be an issue unless the add clearing is extremely slow (waiting for supers to charge maybe?)

Do people still do normal VOG? If so who do I tag to do one.

Ps4? I'll do any VoG any time I'm available. Can get back on Destiny a bit later tonight if there's people for it.

Also the 10 minute from glass break is accurate. Should really never be an issue unless the add clearing is extremely slow (waiting for supers to charge maybe?)

Ps4? I'll do any VoG any time I'm available. Can get back on Destiny a bit later tonight if there's people for it.

Well to be fair I am 23. So I will work my ass off for the next few days and be more prepared. I just want to play with people again.

KyleP29

Anyone on Xbox want to run the weekly heroic level 30 with me? i would normally ue matchmaking but my hunter doesnt have the strike unlocked.

Send me a message to my gamertag KyleP29 if you want to

Edit: Completed it. Thanks to any who offered the help

Deku is right, enrage timer starts when you activate the phase. You have a lot of time to kill while clearing the initial adds when doing the standard 3 sword kill strat but sounds like you were taking a really long time if you're seeing the "enrage is near" text at all. That means there's one minute until enrage and he spends one minute at each position, so you still have time if he's already on the right and you can do the third sword quickly. If he was in the middle you'd have to just go get the 3rd sword and hit him on the right side at that point.

That second run must have just been super slow clearing the major Knights/acolytes before going outside. No glitch or lag involved.

Scrota advice for page topper. Need to get lap top fixed so I can stop being a scrubby mobile poster.

I am an idiot. Both times we picked up someone and came in from orbit, and waited for supers. Waiting all that time is the issue. Normally we have it loaded already and don't run into that issue.

Frostburn

Ok, someone please tell me this has an explanation:

I am running Crota hard right now. I did the normal r2 smash method to get him in 3 swords. When we were in the crystal room after the ogres, it said enrage was near when Crota was on the right. We just played like normal and killed him after he rotated to the middle.

For the second clear, which just happened, this time it said enrage was near while Crota was in the middle (after ogres). He rotated to the right, then as he was about to rotate back to the middle, he enraged.

What in the fucking fuck is that? Has this happened to anyone before? Is there a way to prevent it (other than kill him in two swords har har)?

The timer for enrage starts when you all stand at the crystal to start the encounter, not when engaging Crota or leaving the crystal room doors to the main arena. *I'm sure someone already answered...

forrest

formerly nacire
Fellow Guardians! I need your help with something non Destiny related. In fact it's Resogun related. I made a full set "10" ships from the Star Wars universe and uploaded them all late late Sunday night and they quickly got buried underneath a lot of other submissions. I spent a lot of time on them and would appreciate any Resogun owners to take a few minutes, search for customer ships by creator Forrest_Crump and give my Star Wars ships a look.

Of course if you don't like any of them, feel free to not like. Just looking for some help to maybe get them some more exposure.

Here is a link to them on youtube, if you wanna check em out without logging into the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TCSSpXHFMM&list=PLsVDq--YhCXCNpN862eWxVB8dPw1gFfE3&index=1

Anyhow, thanks for taking the time to read this everyone and thanks for taking the time to like my little creations if you choose to do so!

:D

Well to be fair I am 23. So I will work my ass off for the next few days and be more prepared. I just want to play with people again.

Yeah you could be carried as a 23 since its min level to enter Nm VoG, but not a lot of fun for you, haha. With 33 light vendor gear and 36 light Ce/exotic gear, VoG isn't a great place to level up anymore but it's still the best co-op to be found in Deatiny.

Yeah you could be carried as a 23 since its min level to enter Nm VoG, but not a lot of fun for you, haha. With 33 light vendor gear and 36 light Ce/exotic gear, VoG isn't a great place to level up anymore but it's still the best co-op to be found in Deatiny.

Vex Mythoclast drop is still worth a trip once a week, assuming you don't have it already.

Frostburn

I spent a lot of time on them and would appreciate any Resogun owners to take a few minutes, search for customer ships by creator Forrest_Crump and give my Star Wars ships a look.

Here is a link to them on youtube, if you wanna check em out without logging into the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TCSSpXHFMM&list=PLsVDq--YhCXCNpN862eWxVB8dPw1gFfE3&index=1

Anyhow, thanks for taking the time to read this everyone and thanks for taking the time to like my little creations if you choose to do so!

Dude those are sweet, I'll have to fire up the game and check them out in game!

I try and organize one every week, mainly because my cousin loves to play it. I will likely get a group going later this week if you're still interested.

Vex Mythoclast drop is still worth a trip once a week, assuming you don't have it already.

Well I will keep this in mind. Like I said before I have done all this stuff just on the XboxOne version. You guys and your zany adventures sold me on getting the game for the PS4 and starting it all over.

I will keep my eyes out for any VOG runs this week. Thanks in advance!

Yeah for sure, also a small chance for any vanilla exotic weapon. Vex is still a top PvP gun and a blast in PvE. Such a unique and interesting weapon.

I'll play VoG as long as the servers let me, haha. On the short list of my all time favorite gaming content.

LTWood12

Want to help us out? Pleeeeease

Fellow Guardians! I need your help with something non Destiny related. In fact it's Resogun related. I made a full set "10" ships from the Star Wars universe and uploaded them all late late Sunday night and they quickly got buried underneath a lot of other submissions. I spent a lot of time on them and would appreciate any Resogun owners to take a few minutes, search for customer ships by creator Forrest_Crump and give my Star Wars ships a look.

Of course if you don't like any of them, feel free to not like. Just looking for some help to maybe get them some more exposure.

That's awesome Forrest! I'll definitely help

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
From Gorgon to Atheon kill x3 hard, then one full Normal CE and then two DS/Crota kills thereafter.

1. Moi
2. Baby
3. Forrest

4. What
5. You
6. Name

Yeah for sure, also a small chance for any vanilla exotic weapon. Vex is still a top PvP gun and a blast in PvE. Such a unique and interesting weapon.

I'll play VoG as long as the servers let me, haha. On the short list of my all time favorite gaming content.

Vault is really really amazing content, I was disappointed with Crota after playing VOG because I wanted more content with jumping puzzles and a Gorgon like area.

Randoms are nuts. Just did the Weekly with 2 guys that thought they were Rambo. They charged into each area over and over and got killed fast every time. I would have to bail them out each time. smh

forrest

formerly nacire
Dude those are sweet, I'll have to fire up the game and check them out in game!

That's awesome Forrest! I'll definitely help

Thanks guys, I really did spend a lot of time on them, shading and coloring them properly, similar to pixel artwork. They are modelled about as accurately as I could get them within the confinements

Checkout the cockpits of the tie fighters , I backlit them with a red glow so it looks like a little pilot silhouette. Granted it's a single voxel, but you get the idea! 😃

My God, you combined two things I love dearly... You are amazeballs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom