• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

Hunter - kill swordbearer, blink across.
Titan - kill sowrdbearer, lift and swing across.
Warlock - kill swordbearer, glide and swing sword across.

I can never get the timing right with warlock. It's definitely easier with titan and hunter.

The hunter blink is by far the easiest to do.

Which class and which part?
Warlock and Titan are easier to cross the bridge with, and after that you just have to wait behind the "lamp" thing just at the left of the central plate, taking pot shots at mobs until you clear enough of them for the ogres to appear. You will then have a direct gunsight on the left one, and for the right one the easy way is to jump and shoot rockets at him, while staying hidden.

Made it across. Was using my hunter, and I'd never seen the blink strike method before. Worked on the 2nd or third try, thanks guys.

Managed to get my hunter chest piece, which was the last piece of CE gear I needed for all 3 characters.

Goddamn Crota and your dumb loot. Titan not only didn't get boots, nothing dropped at all. Just shards/energy. Adios POS, to the Iron Banner it is.

Manp

Nice.

I'm going to try for it tomorrow.. My perks kind of sucks, and since the game won't give me the Hunger of Crota, much less a Gjallarhorn, it'll do.

Any other perks I should look out, besides field scout and tracking?

i'd say field scout on the middle column and something to speed up reload like who's next or spray and play. grenades and horseshoes is a valid alternative to tracking, some say it's even better.

:)

Does anyone have any thoughts on the best legendary vendor hand cannon? I have The Chance right now from FWC but can purchase any other faction/crucible/vanguard weapon. I just want something so that I can still use my ghorn/thunderlord and I prefer hand cannons.

bosseye

You know, the more I think about my NF last night, the more grumpy I'm getting. Fucking 7 ass shards, again. Why would that ever be an appropriate 'reward' for a NF, especially one thats as much hassle to complete as Omnigul. Shards shouldn't even be in the loot table for that. I mean I actually enjoy Omnigul (OmniLOL as I call her, ho ho ho) as a strike, its pretty fun and enjoyable chaotic at times, but theres no denying it can be time consuming as a NF even with a burn.

I'm not saying I ought to get an exotic every time I run a NF, but its a complete insult to get shards or energy. What can I do with those? Aside from start a new character and use them to level that? But no way am I doing that, I have zero desire to trawl through the early game again, so I have all these useless mats that I haven't needed on a character since like Level 29 that keep on dropping for pretty much everything I'm doing. Also the same damn shotguns and hand cannons every fucking time; Two for the morgue - just fuck off. The Devil you do/don't - just fuck off.

And I'm never going to be quite at ease with RNG I guess, by its very nature its naturally unfair which is fine, life isn't fair and I have the same chance of loot at everyone else, but it doesn't half start to skew your perceptions of your own luck when you get crap continually and others are literally showered in exotics. It starts to make you feel like you're doing something wrong when you're missing huge amounts of weapons, or players who have stuck over 1000 hours in and still don't have say Gjallerhorn or Hawkmoon and then you have others with vaults full of exotic dupes getting more every week who have become utterly blase about it. RNG has a tendency to make you focus on loot as the be all and end all which when you're on a 'loot slump' can make the whole thing feel a bit depressing. When I can do my first entire run of CE on HM from the abyss right through to Crota (not killing Crota, natch - not managed that yet, the big glitchy nobhead) and I get nothing but shards and energy or the same damn gauntlets for the 10th time and I'm surrounded by my fireteam getting constant new weapon drops it starts to grate a little. I've never seen the helm drop for anyone yet either.

I love Destiny, despite the obvious flaws I really do, and I'll continue to play the current content and look forward to HoW because ultimately its a lot of fun and one day my luck may start to change but when I have a shitty NF like last night (like every damn NF I do these days) it just destroys any enthusiasm for a day or two. Grinds my fucking gears.

Sorry.

I love Destiny, despite the obvious flaws I really do, and I'll continue to play the current content and look forward to HoW because ultimately its a lot of fun and one day my luck may start to change but when I have a shitty NF like last night (like every damn NF I do these days) it just destroys any enthusiasm for a day or two. Grinds my fucking gears.

Sorry.

tumblr_liuf36gXdF1qc2vw9o1_500.jpg

Silav101

Id be up for it if it was OK to bring my 31 Warlock through the Abyss and bridge

I have a lvl32 warlock, would love a full run if you still have room. Otherwise a lvl31 titan or hunter, if you don't mind. I do have a maxed gjallarhorn to make encounters easier.

Psn is my gaf name.

Zoidberg

I have a lvl32 warlock, would love a full run if you still have room. Otherwise a lvl31 titan or hunter, if you don't mind. I do have a maxed gjallarhorn to make encounters easier.

Psn is my gaf name.

1. Zoidberg
2. Feorax
3. Ruthles
4. HigXx
5. Boguester
6. Silav101

I'll send out invites now.

I found a Glory Hole Jumpship from the ROC playlist. Finally, this game rewards me for my hard work and ski-bwahaha sorry I know it's completely random

nOoblet16

Was playing with a bunch of Gafers last night and it was one of those days.

First NM DS+Crota, I got a No land beyond from DS, and TearsofBlood got the same from Crota. Someone said that we'll see Dragon's Breath in the next run and guess what not only did we see that pop up in the second DS run but Tears got another No land beyond from Crota.

After that we were running Atheon NM+HM and all we got was Atheon's Epilogue and chatterwhite, until I got my second Mida multitool of the day (third in total). As if all of that wasn't enough Nightfall this week and last week gave me dupes of stuff I bought from Xur in these two weeks and the Gorgon chest just gave me shards from all 6 tries on NM and HM.

Was playing with a bunch of Gafers last night and it was one of those days.

First NM DS+Crota, I got a No land beyond from DS, and TearsofBlood got the same from Crota. Someone said that we'll see Dragon's Breath in the next run and guess what not only did we see that pop up in the second DS run but Tears got another No land beyond from Crota.

After that we were running Atheon NM+HM and all we got was Atheon's Epilogue and chatterwhite, until I got my second Mida multitool of the day (third in total). As if all of that wasn't enough Nightfall this week and last week gave me dupes of stuff I bought from Xur in these two weeks and the Gorgon chest just gave me shards from all 6 tries on NM and HM.
#teamphatloot

We'll be finishing Atheon HM x2 tonight around 6:30 pm GMT!

noomi

Catching up to the thread... please excuse....

Just looked at my stats this morning, it has taken me nearly 700 hours to collect every exotic weapon. Compared to some other players, I know that's not too bad. Still 700 hours.... That is a month of play time.... one month of me sitting in front of a monitor playing destiny... scary...

Now what dgaf? What do? No longer have a carrot to chase. Start to sherpa, help people, flawless run?
Bloodborne ;)

Sorry.

I know this feel bud, and I was real salty about it for a long time. Destiny is fun, but RNG definitely makes it frustrating. There are things they can do to improve the system, but I doubt that will ever happen. Shards should never ever ever be a reward for nightfalls. I really wish they would implement a system for exotic weapons we need other than constantly playing a lottery :/

What can I say.... the same thing people always told me. Keep at it and eventually it will come. Sucks to hear... I know, but hey... who knows... your day might be tomorrow?

Best top of page post ever! Add me to the list of new owners. Sorry gk, I was just commenting earlier how I may have the most time played with no Gjallarhorn. Weapons collection now complete.

I would've had celebration gifs and pics ready, but I truly did not expect to get it. I wasn't even look up at the screen when it popped.

Oh man, grats coy! Really happy your finally got your horn :) Cheers!

This.... this was a little painful to watch.... that's a lot of sharding... holy hell. Any dupes I usually shard on the spot these days, can't afford the lose that precious vault space.

Goddamn Crota and your dumb loot. Titan not only didn't get boots, nothing dropped at all. Just shards/energy. Adios POS, to the Iron Banner it is.

Smart loot system right? We should question Bungie about it. Definitely does not feel any different from the VoG loot system...

Shito

Smart loot system right? We should question Bungie about it. Definitely does not feel any different from the VoG loot system...
I don't know, for me it did seem somewhat "clever" on the armor front.
They really should add a check to guarantee you at least a drop in the whole run, though. Completing a raid and only getting shards is bullshit. That's what happened to me when completing my first VoG months ago, after 8 hours on it, and let me tell you it doesn't really give any incentive to come back to it...

noomi

I don't know, for me it did seem somewhat "clever" on the armor front.
They really should add a check to guarantee you at least a drop in the whole run, though. Completing a raid and only getting shards is bullshit. That's what happened to me when completing my first VoG months ago, after 8 hours on it, and let me tell you it doesn't really give any incentive to come back to it...

There's gotta be something else to it. Players out there that run Crota 3x a week still are missing Black Hammer & Hunger of Crota :( Messiek just got his last week after running 3x a week since launch, ocean doesn't have his either, and I'm pretty sure Rubenov is still missing the hunger of crota. Maybe the smart loot system only applies to armor and not raid weapons?

Who the hell knows lol, only Bungie knows these secrets :p

anyone up for a flawless crota run?

Or just nightfalls and Crota HM runs?

I would love to do a flawless run at some point this week, I feel like it would be really fun and stressful haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom