• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noomi and crew I can't log back on to PSN -___- I had flashing NAT issues with everyone in the party but I could still hear everyone, I left the party and couldn't join. After restarting my PS4 I can't even connect to PSN

Edit: you guys might have to pick someone else up, I don't know why I can't log in. . I was hoping to bang this third one out tonight and get done with Atheon. Sigh.

Have you tried changing your MTU 1473?

Saving Private Ryan: Necro-Spasm Abyss Edition and some serious scrub swording were some real Fun Run highlights, thanks everyone for the laughs as always!

I tried changing it and nothing. This has happened to me before. . sigh, it's cool guys. Thanks for being willing to wait but you can pick someone else up. This is RNGesus telling me I can't get loot tonight I guess.

Ghazi

Iron Banner/Crucible wasn't that great before, but the newest balance patch really made it a clusterfuck. Red Death all over the place. Each version of it lags more and more, it's ridiculous. Also, GG Bungie, I rerolled a Lash forty times and didn't get anywhere near what I wanted. Fuck off.

Iron Banner, what rank do you have to be to get weapon drops? Does the rate increase with rank? What chance do I realistically have of getting Gheleon's Demise as a drop?

Thanks

ocean

Banned
Iron Banner, what rank do you have to be to get weapon drops? Does the rate increase with rank? What chance do I realistically have of getting Gheleon's Demise as a drop?

Thanks
After rank 3. In my experience drop rate is real low so get ready to grind grind grind.

Ghazi

Thanks

Rank 3. I don't think rank effects drop rate. Decent chance, if you play enough.

Thanks

Rank 3 is when drops start, seems like drop rate increases with rank (see a lot more weapons drop at end of matches later in week) but no one knows for sure afaik. If you play to rank 5 odds are pretty good you'll get at least one GD. I usually get each of the 2 drop guns at least once but RNG is still R.

Edit: holy cow you guys must have been in between matches. I'm still down for IB if a spot opens.

Rank 3 is when drops start, seems like drop rate increases with rank (see a lot more weapons drop at end of matches later in week) but no one knows for sure afaik. If you play to rank 5 odds are pretty good you'll get at least one GD. I usually get each of the 2 drop guns at least once but RNG is still R.

Edit: holy cow you guys must have been in between matches. I'm still down for IB if a spot opens.

Cool, Rank 4 and Rank 5 seems like a strech. I will be able to squeeze in some matches over the next few days, but will have to smooth talk the Mrs. to let me put in some serious time on Sun/Mon. May need some GAF train. Wish me luck.

Cool, Rank 4 and Rank 5 seems like a strech. I will be able to squeeze in some matches over the next few days, but will have to smooth talk the Mrs. to let me put in some serious time on Sun/Mon. May need some GAF train. Wish me luck.

Make sure to pick up the buff and the bounties.

FINALLY got the stupid Crux of Crota. Now I can witness the disapointment that is Necrochasm first hand. Better yet, I have no need to run HM Crota anymore. Huge weight off my shoulders.

EDIT: Piece of shit. Fully upgraded and it doesn't have the yellow bars around it. What the fuck Bungie? Get it together. This gun's a POS in all facets.

ocean

Banned

I think you see more weapons drop as the week progresses because more and more people hit rank 3+ towards the end. I really hope I can get a Scout with stock (Outlaw+Firefly) perks.

Edit: super late reply forgot to post scrub mobile....

I think there was just network shenanigans for being day one of Iron Banner.

Ha, we kept running into random issues. On our final run the swordbearer was up in the right room with us after the ogres. Luckily we kept our composure, took him down quick in there and drizzy sliced up Crota one last time..

Yeah we were seeing a lot of weird stuff last night. A lot of the usual disappearing swords and quick stand auto-kill garbage but also jacked up stuff that really seemed to be on the Destiny network/server side of things. Like StereoType said, when we finally got the kill the 3rd sword bearer was just standing in that room staring at the wall. For no reason. Wasn't aggro'ed on us or even moving. Just standing and staring. Wtf Bungie.

I need someone who actually understands networking nonsense to explain it to me but there seem to be different types of "lag." Basic stuff like noticeably delayed hit markers when shooting enemies, but then weird stuff that seems to be on Destiny's end. E.g. Scrota will eat a bunch of rockets, his shield should be down but it doesn't register in your game, or extremely late. However, his immune response will still trigger with the timing as if his shield was down when you expected it. Worst examples I've seen are when his immune shield pops up before he even kneels.

You can't attack unless his shield is actually down on your screen or he will still smack the shit out of you. Last night he shot me in the face and never even kneeled despite the fact his shield was completely gone. I wonder if this is part of how they "fixed" the Ethernet cable cheat, by putting control of the immune response on Bungie's end. Which fucks things up when their info about immune and your info about his shield are out of sync.

Happens regardless of sword runner being host or anything else. It feels completely out of your control and can happen with all green connection bars in the fire team. Can post pics/gifs later maybe, but I need to go through old videos from Nm CE launch and see if this BS ever happened back then. Bottom line: the encounter is an abject failure on every conceivable level.

Ghazi

Edit: super late reply forgot to post scrub mobile....

Yeah we were seeing a lot of weird stuff last night. A lot of the usual disappearing swords and quick stand auto-kill garbage but also jacked up stuff that really seemed to be on the Destiny network/server side of things. Like StereoType said, when we finally got the kill the 3rd sword bearer was just standing in that room staring at the wall. For no reason. Wasn't aggro'ed on us or even moving. Just standing and staring. Wtf Bungie.

I need someone who actually understands networking nonsense to explain it to me but there seem to be different types of "lag." Basic stuff like noticeably delayed hit markers when shooting enemies, but then weird stuff that seems to be on Destiny's end. E.g. Scrota will eat a bunch of rockets, his shield should be down but it doesn't register in your game, or extremely late. However, his immune response will still trigger with the timing as if his shield was down when you expected it. Worst examples I've seen are when his immune shield pops up before he even kneels.

You can't attack unless his shield is actually down on your screen or he will still smack the shit out of you. Last night he shot me in the face and never even kneeled despite the fact his shield was completely gone. I wonder if this is part of how they "fixed" the Ethernet cable cheat, by putting control of the immune response on Bungie's end. Which fucks things up when their info about immune and your info about his shield are out of sync.

Happens regardless of sword runner being host or anything else. It feels completely out of your control and can happen with all green connection bars in the fire team. Can post pics/gifs later maybe, but I need to go through old videos from Nm CE launch and see if this BS ever happened back then. Bottom line: the encounter is an abject failure on every conceivable level.
Bungie would say it's your fault.

I'm sure they are aware of these issues, but if they haven't fixed them by now I doubt they truly care about ever doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom