• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navy Bean

I know it's been said but how stupid do you have to be to go capture A on Blind Watch when we have B and C and are comfortably winning? Seriously, you must be an idiot. We ended up losing by 5k....

The 300 swarm will be just fine for IB. I would use red death. It's easily one of the best PVP weapons

Took your advice on this loadout. Had pretty good results last night. Took some time to get used to Red Death (still am), but it is a beast. I won a few fire fights I had no business winning and I know I would have lost with any other weapon. Won a couple of 2v1 and 3v1 fights due to Red Death health proc that would have surely gone the other way without it.

Swarm seemed as deadly as ever. It does however have a very small clip. 1 Heavy Ammo drop is a single clip. Not terribly efficient since it only gets about 3-5 kills vs a Thunderlord that can get 5-8, but still good. I think Red Death kind of makes up for it.

Omni

How is it possible that I just got my THIRD Crux before the raid hand cannon? The game is just trolling me at this point.

asjkkdhnaskhdas

Iceman829

I know it's been said but how stupid do you have to be to go capture A on Blind Watch when we have B and C and are comfortably winning? Seriously, you must be an idiot. We ended up losing by 5k....

I had some guy doing that in 2 different matches tonight. Of course to top things off he was a level 29. Too bad my shotgun is more powerful than his stupidity. The lag was awful for most of the night too. Thankfully I only need to get IB rank 4 this time on 2 characters for the gear I want. I would've invited you, but the train was rolling and you were doing nightfalls and raids earlier.

RdN

GUYS!

I just gt a Vision of Confluence AND a Gjallarhorn from Atheon Normal!!

My first Gjally!!

Really freaked out when I saw it!

LTWood12

Just got a Payback SOS from a vanguard package. Never really been interested in the Vanguard auto rifles post TDB (as there's nothing close to Shadow Price), but this doesn't look half bad. Counterbalance, Field Scout, and Third Eye. Worth leveling? I don't need it, but I like keeping the interesting stuff around. W/ field scout how big is the mag? Defaults at 38.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just got a Payback SOS from a vanguard package. Never really been interested in the Vanguard auto rifles post TDB (as there's nothing close to Shadow Price), but this doesn't look half bad. Counterbalance, Field Scout, and Third Eye. Worth leveling? I don't need it, but I like keeping the interesting stuff around. W/ field scout how big is the mag? Defaults at 38.
tinybits of impact :(

So I just rerolled my Jolder's, and got aggressive ballistics, counter balance, field scout, and grenadier for the 3rd perk. Know the 3rd perks is bad, but I don't have anymore motes. Is it still a keeper?

KyleP29

Ugh, Iron Banner with randoms is not fun. I keep getting AFK'ers on my team.

yeah i jumped on thinking to level up my rank to get a gear so i can get to 32 on my hunter until i get the raid drops but after spawning C side in blind watch and watching my whole team capture B and run to A while i was left trying to keep C against the whole other team i was done.

yeah... you guys gotta group up, IB is great with a GAF team and intolerable otherwise :-/

The medallions help me manage losses. I mean, it's a verrrrry good incentive to not leave matches.

Granted it makes trying for wins fruitless since you can rack up 3-4, earn crucible exp since it's a loss, than cash in for 10 points less per medal than a regular win. Although that can be offset with buying the Tempered buff and it gets stronger throughout the week.

They really made IB easy to grind. God bless.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Swarm seemed as deadly as ever. It does however have a very small clip. 1 Heavy Ammo drop is a single clip. Not terribly efficient since it only gets about 3-5 kills vs a Thunderlord that can get 5-8, but still good. I think Red Death kind of makes up for it.
Agreed. I've had better luck with some non-legendary LMGs in the Crucible (outside of IB, of course).

I think that's what I received on the last NF run I did this week (after energy for the first...), but didn't check the perks. With how low the impact is and after the last big patch, don't see a point. Not sure how they perform now in IB, but probably still better to go with SUROS or Abyss Defiant as far as ARs are concerned.

I can help if you haven't found one yet.

Yes. I'll be online in 5 mins.
Thanks, Ruthles for the offer. Just saw it too late :)
Hudson was running the sword for us, and did an admirable job of it. We just were having some glitches and the Swordbearer mob wasn't going down fast enough.

I'll keep you in mind for next time, if you don't mind?

edit: top of page!
tumblr_nk1hwiaHzg1sqx8y7o1_400.gif

Thanks, Ruthles for the offer. Just saw it too late :)
Hudson was running the sword for us, and did an admirable job of it. We just were having some glitches and the Swordbearer mob wasn't going down fast enough.

I'll keep you in mind for next time, if you don't mind?

Thanks for being polite. I fucked it up just well enough on my own, and couldn't blame it on glitches, at least half of the time.

I bought my brother a PS4 for his birthday and he's enjoying the demo and wants me to play with him if he buys it. I haven't played since right after the dlc hit but I may just be jumping back in lol This game... You always come back to it somehow don't you?!

we never really leave.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
mmmm night gaf train
The medallions help me manage losses. I mean, it's a verrrrry good incentive to not leave matches.

Granted it makes trying for wins fruitless since you can rack up 3-4, earn crucible exp since it's a loss, than cash in for 10 points less per medal than a regular win. Although that can be offset with buying the Tempered buff and it gets stronger throughout the week.

They really made IB easy to grind. God bless.
I guess that's true, I always forget about racking them up to turn in with one win. i don't like the feeling of having more than a couple in my pocket, lol. not one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom