• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skele7on

Banned
To be fair, most of the rebuttals seem to come from people who don't have real experience playing with randoms/LFG etc. Or from people 'hurr durr, you like BUNGIE so everything you say is just what a shill would say'

most comments make me want to go through my screen and punch them.

Some of them are alright, but a lot of them are these casual players who try because they want everything for free and a game to be like COD.

I just don't get every time that destiny is mentioned they just freak out and bash the hell out of it, DON'T THEY KNOW IT WON A BAFTA.

E92 M3

Morning dgaf!

Twas the day before Xursday and all was quite!

In other news... or not depending on Bungie today :p The weekly update should be up today! Hoping to get some more good tidbits about the upcoming vault space update.

Morning, I'm still waiting for the Necro buff lol.

Skele7on

Banned
Hope it's Hard Light. That will complete my collection of exotic weapons and armor. I'll be able to play other games and live.

got four of those bastards.

Hopefully ruin wings as then I only need boots for 32 on titan.

Just hope it's something decent.

noomi

I think considering DeeJ was at SXSW we may have a crappy update incoming.

I love how we're all destiny defenders and all pretty much on the gaming side defending our own addictions to this game :p

Last time deej was away, that other Bungie guy took over the update and it was one of the best one's we've ever had. Maybe again?!?

To be fair, most of the rebuttals seem to come from people who don't have real experience playing with randoms/LFG etc. Or from people 'hurr durr, you like BUNGIE so everything you say is just what a shill would say'

Just saw the thread in the gaming section and posted my thoughts... yeah, seems many people are really misinformed about the game. I love how some of them have such strong opinions about it and are like "I sold the game almost immediately" no idea what they are talking about.

We are the heroes destiny deserves! *cape flaps in the wind*

Morning, I'm still waiting for the Necro buff lol.

We'll probably be waiting a long time sadly :( I really want the necro/NLB buff as well, but i want the black hammer/word of crota to get fixed even more. Would hate for house of wolves to come out and then for them to fix the weapons.

Happened with the vex.... they fixed it a week before TDB :/

What is Xur going to sell tomorrow????

I don't think we can tell anymore, seems Bungie has a system in place now to throw off megamans predictions

ich00

Top of the morning dgaf! Does anyone have a nm gorgon I could grab before I spin the wheel of bad luck with randoms in ib?

Skele7on

Banned
the main issue with matchmaking on crota, is you go in with 6 people and somehow magically get to crota, who the hell carries sword, I can imagine all kinds of lol's to happen when you find out that actually no one knows how to do it...

Namikaze1

A part of me wants Bungie to give in to all the raid matchmaking whining just to see what they'll be whining about once they realize what a terrible idea matchmaking for raids is. People can already get an idea of how terrible it would be for Nightfall alone just from the Weekly. No one goes into voice chat during in the Weekly.

The thread was great for some lols. You can tell who hasn't played Destiny and those who had
for a week and sold it off. ;P

Skele7on

Banned
A part of me wants Bungie to give in to all the raid matchmaking whining just to see what they'll be whining about once they realize what a terrible idea matchmaking for raids is. People can already get an idea of how terrible it would be for Nightfall alone just from the Weekly. No one goes into voice chat during in the Weekly.

The thread was great for some lols. You can tell who hasn't played Destiny and those who had

BUT BRO MATCHMAKING WILL BE TOTALLY AWESOME.

Yeah I love wasting heavy synths on shit that is going nowhere.

Stranger danger is real in destiny.

Deku Tree

They did already IMO.

http://www.destinydb.com/activities/130248458-the-arena

After the last patch people found a new 3 player Arena mode. Three player MM raid confirmed!

Namikaze1

BUT BRO MATCHMAKING WILL BE TOTALLY AWESOME.

Yeah I love wasting heavy synths on shit that is going nowhere.

Stranger danger is real in destiny.
Implementing Matchmaking for Nightfall is such a terrible idea. No other game mode sends you to orbit upon a wipe.

I say let them have their matchmaking just to see how quickly they turn on the idea of it.

They did already IMO.

http://www.destinydb.com/activities/130248458-the-arena

After the last patch people found a new 3 player Arena mode. Three player MM raid confirmed!
Yeah, I'm not looking forward to facing stealth vandals with a 3-man squad...

Skele7on

Banned
Implementing Matchmaking for Nightfall is such a terrible idea. No other game mode sends you to orbit upon a wipe.

I say let them have their matchmaking just to see how quickly they turn on the idea of it.

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to facing stealth vandals with a 3-man squad...

at least it's a good way to get rid of the terrible randoms you'd get from matchmaking.

Yeah it'd be off by the next weekly reset.

Yeah, but it works so well in nightfall, certainly did this week.

That whole thread is Players VS Quitters

Namikaze1

at least it's a good way to get rid of the terrible randoms you'd get from matchmaking.

Yeah it'd be off by the next weekly reset.

Yeah, but it works so well in nightfall, certainly did this week.

That whole thread is Players VS Quitters
It really is. And I bet you most of them don't know what a burn is.

Namikaze1

yo mama so dumb, she sharded Gjallarhorn twice.

BURRRRRRRRRRRN!
BURN.gif

Then just get rid of the KTO on death and make it start at the beginning. KTO for a wipe in the NF is pointless. All you are doing is makng people go through a loading screen again...loading screens don't make something harder. Matchmaking for the nightfall would be fine, as the strike just has a few more modifiers but its content we have all run many times before. It gives people who can't do it solo but may not have friends to do it with the option to do it. Why is that bad? They could just implement a matchmaking option, but still leave the option to go solo for those that want to go that route. I can't imagine its either or.

Jito

Banned
What's the issue with options guys, don't want matchmaking, don't use it maybe?

I never bother raiding because of the effort to get a group together, but the raids aren't rocket science so matchmaking would be great. Even use an option for experienced players to guide nubs through.

But yeh, they're all idiots who've never played it or only played for a week. While I've got near 200 hours game time, guess my opinion counts then ;)

Skele7on

Banned
I need to stay out of the other thread before I say something that'll result in a ban.

I swear GAF literally love to hate this game, like seriously they love bashing it more than MGS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom