• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

Just got a Payback SOS from a vanguard package. Never really been interested in the Vanguard auto rifles post TDB (as there's nothing close to Shadow Price), but this doesn't look half bad. Counterbalance, Field Scout, and Third Eye. Worth leveling? I don't need it, but I like keeping the interesting stuff around. W/ field scout how big is the mag? Defaults at 38.
Nah, shard it, it's awful.
It's basically a legendary Nechrochasm....

someday

Banned
I don't understand what the medallions do. I know you get them when you lose. Do I need to go immediately to the tower after a win and turn them in?

I don't understand what the medallions do. I know you get them when you lose. Do I need to go immediately to the tower after a win and turn them in?

No, they auto redeem when you get a win in Iron Banner. And you can only hold up to 5. Each coin is worth about 80-90% of a win, and 1 win will redeem all the coins you have.

mmmm night gaf train

I guess that's true, I always forget about racking them up to turn in with one win. i don't like the feeling of having more than a couple in my pocket, lol. not one bit.

It sucks, but sometimes I'm in a situation where I queue up for IB and I get into a losing game. And it's like 'Sure I'll roll with it.' I leave matchmaking and lo, it might happen again. Matches are only 10 minutes so right now I'm in the 'I don't care if I try or not' mode. I already saw someone get a MIda/Gjalla through matchmaking last night within the first 10 matches, so I'm disillusioned with trying.

Took your advice on this loadout. Had pretty good results last night. Took some time to get used to Red Death (still am), but it is a beast. I won a few fire fights I had no business winning and I know I would have lost with any other weapon. Won a couple of 2v1 and 3v1 fights due to Red Death health proc that would have surely gone the other way without it.

Swarm seemed as deadly as ever. It does however have a very small clip. 1 Heavy Ammo drop is a single clip. Not terribly efficient since it only gets about 3-5 kills vs a Thunderlord that can get 5-8, but still good. I think Red Death kind of makes up for it.

I'm glad it worked out for you. I've been using against all odds and it's great. The magazine is really small though and with bungie patching out the heavy ammo drops from dead guardians it's difficult to go on long kill streaks with it. Red death is worth it though. plus, if you really want to use both red death and thunderlord you can swap out weapons when heavy ammo drops. Just stay close enough to the crate so you get the ammo pack to drop, then you can change weapons and grab the ammo when you're ready

Thread is always dead this time, except on Xurday. I will be up for the next 5 hours, but won't be able to play for about 2. Don't stay up for me though. I have to stay up. You're doing it for "fun".

Lace

Doing the last part of crota on normal

Hit me up if you want to help

Psn: reaperchad.

Edit: postponed to tomorrow.

Doing the last part of crota on normal.

1) reaperchad
2) blindkid
3)
4)
5)
6)

Hit me up if you want to help

Psn: reaperchad.

I've got a 27 Titan who need the crota drop. Obviously he can do no damage to anything so I understand if you don't want to carry him through.

Played IB for the first time since the weapon rebalance.

What have the done to my beloved Suros, I was getting outshot by handcannons and pulse rifles left and right.

Not like this Bungie, not like this.

Guess I have to level up my Red Death and bad juju now.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I may start running IB with guys here again since all my people went their separate ways in the past month :/

I will say that it IS funny as hell watching people actively lose their shit when the see their exotics getting bodied by legendaries.

i'm a level 29 in japan, never raided or nightfallen. anyone let me know if you want to play in the next few hours!

PSN ID: SpiritoftheBlitz

bitsurugi

Best way to grind IB is to do about 10 matches per day, do all bounties and have all the bonus items (shader, emblem etc.) with tempered buff.

You can easily be rank 5 by satuday this way.

In just 2 days i am at about 900/2400 towards rank 4. Considering up till friday tempered buff isn't that great, it's not bad at all.

Also, don't be too sad about a medallion, it's still 80% rep of a win, so it's not bad at all. In fact a quick medallion is timewise better then a slow win. Odd as it sounds, it's true :D

..and people say the top PvP players don't get rewarded with exotics! Check out this sweet loot:

CAc7UYeUUAAIUyq.jpg:large

Feorax

Just spent 15 mins sorting through my weapons and got rid of some deadwood. Pretty happy with the loadouts on all 3 of my guardians now. There are some weak spots for sure, but I have enough in there to cover pretty much all bases until the day I'm lucky enough to get a Black Hammer or Gjallarhorn to drop.

Downside is that I've got so much levelling up to do...

EDIT: Also, if anyone is wanting to do HM Atheon let me know. It's the last thing I need to do this week (other than maybe a shot at Fatebringer) and I have the CP on my Hunter.

Played IB for the first time since the weapon rebalance.

What have the done to my beloved Suros, I was getting outshot by handcannons and pulse rifles left and right.

Not like this Bungie, not like this.

Guess I have to level up my Red Death and bad juju now.

Haha, Handcannons could always outshoot Suros ever since the very first weapon patch.

Skele7on

Banned
at work till 1pm after that I will be around for some fun.

LOL at the destiny thread on the gaming side. that guy is absolutely ridiculous and as for some of the replies even bigger lol, they're casuals that want everything on a plate.

Them saying matchmaking for raids, OH HELL NO.

noomi

Morning dgaf!

Twas the day before Xursday and all was quite!

In other news... or not depending on Bungie today :p The weekly update should be up today! Hoping to get some more good tidbits about the upcoming vault space update.

Skele7on

Banned
Morning dgaf!

Twas the day before Xursday and all was quite!

In other news... or not depending on Bungie today :p The weekly update should be up today! Hoping to get some more good tidbits about the upcoming vault space update.

I think considering DeeJ was at SXSW we may have a crappy update incoming.

I love how we're all destiny defenders and all pretty much on the gaming side defending our own addictions to this game :p

I think considering DeeJ was at SXSW we may have a crappy update incoming.

I love how we're all destiny defenders and all pretty much on the gaming side defending our own addictions to this game :p

To be fair, most of the rebuttals seem to come from people who don't have real experience playing with randoms/LFG etc. Or from people 'hurr durr, you like BUNGIE so everything you say is just what a shill would say'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom