• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

solo the 3 man version.

I am opposed to matchmaking as how will we see people do awesome SOLO runs?
A bit late to the subject, but yeah: I, for one, really dig the fact that you can solo CE.
I know a lot of people are thinking "lol, CE is lame, look at people soloing it urh urh", and I agree that it may be doable too easily, but on the other hand I also love seeing people like HM05 getting serious about his CE solo speedrun thing, using an overlay timer like most speedrunners do now.
It's also worth noting that it only really becomes easy to solo once you reach 32.
I would love for Bungie to notice that fact and not implement in the next raids barriers like in VoG where you can't go further if your party doesn't meet the minimum number of players required.

noomi

Hey noomi!

I won't tell if you won't tell. I'll see you there next week. ;)

Teehee! Next week is going to be very interesting indeed, I'm pretty excited for it. We're all in cahoots together!

No prob! I might be a bit late tonight but if you send up the signal here I'll try and load it up on my Vita at work.

Awesome! Will do! I'll be home around 6 hours from this post, even if you can't come on I can always grab it another day :)

My hording update lol (destination material spread out all over)

Wish I could post mine :p It's pretty bad too

Skele7on

Banned
A bit late to the subject, but yeah: I, for one, really dig the fact that you can solo CE.
I know a lot of people are thinking "lol, CE is lame, look at people soloing it urh urh", and I agree that it may be doable too easily, but on the other hand I also love seeing people like HM05 getting serious about his CE solo speedrun thing, using an overlay timer like most speedrunners do now.
It's also worth noting that it only really becomes easy to solo once you reach 32.
I would love for Bungie to notice that fact and not implement in the next raids barriers like in VoG where you can't go further if your party doesn't meet the minimum number of players required.

I hope so too.

I really enjoyed my solo of crota yesterday, although fuck you death singer for making me die for the first time when I was going for flawless.

Dave_6

I've got BB preordered but I will still be online for reset day, even if I wait and do it Wednesday. Then again, if it's a bad no-burn NF/weekly I may put it off longer lol.

bitsurugi

It will prolly be a poor reset day next week, most of the names will be online, but grayed out in Destiny, since most of us will be sucked into Bloodborne :D

Shito

I hope so too.

I really enjoyed my solo of crota yesterday, although fuck you death singer for making me die for the first time when I was going for flawless.
Heh.
I'm still new to it, still trying to devise a strategy that will work for me to down Crota. I've got everything before that quite refined, though, up to the point where I could see myself get flawless one day if I don't miss that stupid lamp jump. ^^

On the subject of that thread over on the gaming side, one thing I really can't stand anymore are people clamoring that "options are good!". No, sometimes having bad options can end up being *not good* at all.
I really hate when people have broad opinions like this one.

I've got BB preordered but I will still be online for reset day, even if I wait and do it Wednesday. Then again, if it's a bad no-burn NF/weekly I may put it off longer lol.

I'm going to hopefully be doing reset early in the morning after I come back from the gym. Then by the time UPS drops off Bloodborne I should have made some headway where I can immerse myself in BB without feeling like I'm missing out on some good RNG. (Though if Xur sells Mida I will only care about doing HM Crota to get the Crux and maybe Weeklys for more strange coins).

Namikaze1

Currently looking at how many enemies I killed with my exotics.
Bad Juju - 37
Hard Light - 129
Hawkmoon - 4366
Mida Multi Tool - 214
Monte Carlo - 4104
Necrochasm - 1676
No Land Beyond - 121
Red Death - 103
Suros Regime - 6494
The Last Word - 177
Thorn - 262 (This one is surprising since I thought it would be lower since I barely use it)
Universal Remote - 146
Vex Mythoclast - 2125
Ice Breaker - 889
Patience and Time - 132
Gjallarhorn - 2897 (thought there would be more :/)
Super Good Advice - 101
Thunderlord - 160 (again, thought it would be more)
Truth - 129

Deku Tree

Bad Juju - 37
Hard Light - 129
Hawkmoon - 4366
Mida Multi Tool - 214
Monte Carlo - 4104
Necrochasm - 1676
No Land Beyond - 121
Red Death - 103
Suros Regime - 6494
The Last Word - 177
Thorn - 262 (This one is surprising since I thought it would be lower since I barely use it)
Universal Remote - 146
Vex Mythoclast - 2125
Ice Breaker - 889
Patience and Time - 132
Super Good Advice - 101
Truth - 129

where do you find this information?

noomi

I'm going to hopefully be doing reset early in the morning after I come back from the gym. Then by the time UPS drops off Bloodborne I should have made some headway where I can immerse myself in BB without feeling like I'm missing out on some good RNG. (Though if Xur sells Mida I will only care about doing HM Crota to get the Crux and maybe Weeklys for more strange coins).

I'll be one reset Tuesday like always, but mostly just to transfer checkpoints for the week. All depends on the the my reset crew and if they even want to bother raiding at that day.

Normal Deathsinger and Hard Crota are just too valuable to lose.

It will prolly be a poor reset day next week, most of the names will be online, but grayed out in Destiny, since most of us will be sucked into Bloodborne :D

Yup, and I imagine reddit will be the same. I'll be around though :)

where do you find this information?

I would also like to know this.....

Nami's Hawkmoon kills are impressive.

Iceman829

Anyone want to team up for Iron Banner today on Xbox One?

The joys of playing with randos:

Thu_Mar_19_08-25-37_CDT_2015.png

The train will be running again tonight. I picked up guitar last night after a quick pitstop. Have your tickets ready.

patchday

Oh snap tomorrow is Xur's day. Must remind myself to drop in the thread to witness the wails and gnashing of teeth

But hopefully he'll bring something good. I might log on to scrap up some strange coins. Purchased red death last week but never logged back on to try it out...

Namikaze1

Bad Juju - 37
Hard Light - 129
Hawkmoon - 4366
Mida Multi Tool - 214
Monte Carlo - 4104
Necrochasm - 1676
No Land Beyond - 121
Red Death - 103
Suros Regime - 6494
The Last Word - 177
Universal Remote - 146
Vex Mythoclast - 2125
Ice Breaker - 889
Patience and Time - 132
Super Good Advice - 101
Truth - 129
Yep. That's just on my Titan alone.

My Hunter's exotic kills:
Hawkmoon - 2970
Mida Multi Tool - 186
Monte Carlo - 527
Necrochasm - 26
No Land Beyond - 57
Red Death - 131
Suros Regime - 38
The Last Word - 1082
Thorn - 148
Universal Remote - 222
Vex Mythoclast - 523
Ice Breaker - 312
Invective - 20
Patience and Time - 4
4th Horseman - 31
Gjallarhorn - 1029
Thunderlord - 111
Truth - 48

My Warlock's:
Hard Light - 100
Mida Multi Tool - 184
Monte Carlo - 726
Necrochasm - 254
Red Death - 304
Thorn - 432
Universal Remote - 258
Vex Mythoclast - 200
Patience and Time - 20
4th Horseman - 4
Dragon's Breath - 3
Gjallarhorn - 702
Thunderlord - 120
Truth - 212

Bad Juju - 37
Hard Light - 129
Hawkmoon - 4366
Mida Multi Tool - 214
Monte Carlo - 4104
Necrochasm - 1676
No Land Beyond - 121
Red Death - 103
Suros Regime - 6494
The Last Word - 177
Universal Remote - 146
Vex Mythoclast - 2125
Ice Breaker - 889
Patience and Time - 132
Super Good Advice - 101
Truth - 129

nearly 8k kills with suros on my titan. I used to play the hell out of that gun.

enver been to destiny tracker before

prestige level 63?

whats that?

1 kill with hard light on my titan. count em, 1!

picked that gun up and must of said. never again

Namikaze1

Now I'm looking at the missing grimoire cards. It's funny how I already unlocked rank 3 of Hunters killed in Crucible while I'm still at rank 1 for crucible kills as a hunter. From the same class screen, I'm missing less than 900 to complete the Titans killed rank 3 card and less than 300 for Warlocks killed.

Holy fucking shit! I need to kill 10000 for rank 3 Pulse Rifles?! Fuck that shit!

Knew I hadn't completed the Shotguns Grimoire card. Just need less than 1300 to finish it.

Missing the Rasputin Ghost Fragment. Need to hunt that down.

Need 110 more Ogres to kill for rank 3.

A bit more than that for Hydras.

Mercury card is gltiched so I'm not getting that anytime soon.

2 more full raid completions for rank 3.

Never getting Rumble or Skirmish grimoire cards. Especially Rumble's.

Need 48 more clash wins for rank 3.

Just need to play Combined Arms once. As well as Double.

Salvage. Ha!

Just need 72 VIP kills for rank 3.

Ghazi

Just lost a Crucible match because the game wouldn't respawn anyone on our team and they capped all the points. But it's ok because they fixed the Crota cheese.

The train will be running again tonight. I picked up guitar last night after a quick pitstop. Have your tickets ready.

Yes!

bosseye

So! For no other reason than I feel like it, heres a list of raid and exotic weapons I have after 218 hours of play. Honestly, I thought I’d played longer than that. I’m still basically a n00b, so ought to stop whining about my poor loot drops.

EXOTICS

Hardlight (dropped from Gorgon chest)

Monte Carlo (dropped from ROC strike)

Mida Multi tool (dropped from a Tiger strike way back in the day)

Plan C (dropped from a Tiger strike way back in the day I think. Can’t really remember but I’ve had it ages)

Icebreaker (dropped from a Tiger strike way back in the day)

Universal Remote (bought from Xur)

Thunderlord (dropped from my very first Nightfall. Ashamed to say I didn’t realise the significance of what I had and dismissed it as just another machine gun. I realise now it was the only good thing I’ve ever had from a NF)

Invective (bounty)

Bad Juju (bounty)

Thorn (bounty)

I also now have the bounty for Pocket Infinity.

RAID VoG
Fatebringer
Atheons Epilogue
Praedyths Revenge
Vision of Confluence

RAID CROTA
Blackhammer
Light of the Abyss
Song of Ir Yut
All dropped on normal, never had a raid wepaon drop for me on the various HM runs I’ve attempted. For shame Destiny ;_;

Honestly, you know what my favourite weapons are? Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence. They’re both brilliant.

BUNGIE WHY DO YOU REQUIRE TDB IN IB IF YOU'RE NOT GONNA INCLUDE THE NEW MAPS.

It's like yall just want the DLC maps to die like all map releases in other games. At least yall have an actual playlist that generates interest and requires the DLC....with no DLC in the actual playlist.

Seriously, why.

Homeboyd

Funny :) , but not the constructive answer I was looking for.

If that were the case, I'd already have 5
In all seriousness, here's my breakdown of where I've received Gjallarhorns:

1 from Nightfall (my first)
2 from HM Atheon
1 from Normal Crota
1 from HM Crota

Really wish bnet was way better with stats, would love to see when and where I got exotics (they say you lose two things when you get old: your memory and...uh...something else)

However, I DO remember that I got my one and only Gjallarhorn from the Deathsinger.

Frostburn

Gjallahorn

What is the best thing to do to try and drop one?

Just to put this into perspective I have over 600 hours in the game across 3 characters (One of each class) have been clearing raids on at least one character per week since the first month of release and doing Nightfalls on at least two characters since October and 3 since December along with raiding Crota's End since release. I get 24 chances per week while clearing: 3 Nightfalls, 3 NM and 3 HM Gorgons, 3 NM and HM Atheon kills, 3 Deathsinger kills, 3 NM and HM Crota kills. and I've yet to get one Gjallarhorn to drop for me.

I don't know, maybe I need to PVP more...

Gjallahorn

Pray.

in all honeslty do everything that has a chance of an exotic drop. raids, nf ect. but the trick is to not want one. or dont think you will ever get it. then when you least expect it. it will drop.

hawkian always reminds me that the first game of iron banner i played with him after a two week break - which is also the first time i streamed - is when the first gjallarhorn dropped.

it was a momentous occasion that was immortalized in a jpg i can't seem to find.

you're probably stuck grinding gorgons and deathsinger if you don't have nami's luck

E92 M3

BUNGIE WHY DO YOU REQUIRE TDB IN IB IF YOU'RE NOT GONNA INCLUDE THE NEW MAPS.

It's like yall just want the DLC maps to die like all map releases in other games. At least yall have an actual playlist that generates interest and requires the DLC....with no DLC in the actual playlist.

Seriously, why.

It's not required - just a UI graphic error.

Shito

Gjallahorn

Don't listen the "the trick is to stop wanting one" advices: it's just random, really. ^^
I got one to drop last Friday for me, finally, after some 500+ hours in the game. It's just luck, nothing more.
The only things you can do are to run the nightfalls each week on all your characters, get the gorgon checkpoint each week (you can always ask here, lots of people are offering it on a regular basis), and then if you have the time beat Atheon, Deathsinger and Crota each week as well. Those are the only (good) chances at an exotic drop. Once you've done that, if you still have fuel in you, complete the weekly / grind ROC strikes, in the hope of getting a legendary heavy engram, that *could* turn into a Horn. But that's really quite desesperate (and something I did for several months ^^)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom