• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get tracking and field scout on it...I got on mine.

Clown cartridges will give you an extra rocket when active. For example you get four rockets in PVP 2-2 (2 in clip and 2 reserve). If you shoot one rocket and then reload and clown cartridge procs you get 3-1 ( 3 in clip and 1 reserve). You end up with a total of 5 rockets instead of 4

Deku Tree

This has been a major problem for me since the Beta. I can't tell the arc from the void shields currently, not one bit, and have to just guess (I used to keep a cheat sheet next to me but lost it).

Only the Vex have Void shields. The rest of the enemies don't have void shields.

E92 M3

I have a source and can confirm Nechrocasm is getting a MUCH needed nerf. 300% reduction to damage, mag size nerf, range nerf, and color nerf (green flames nerfed to poop brown).

You're welcome and enjoy!

#welisten

Can't wait! Poop brown flames have always been my favorite!

DeeJ still doesn't have any level 32 characters? In fact, neither of his two characters wears any raid armor.

Deej barely plays Destiny lol.

just got thunderlord from iron banner drop omfggggggg

we lost and I didn't play good either

no hate mail so far

just missing fourth horseman

Ezio

Hey guys new to the thread just started playing again on Xbox one and I'm at level 22. what do you recommend I do to level up now?

Namikaze1

That time my heart literally got smashed into depression.

Luckily, we beat him after a few tries later on. I am just glad we kept trying, i knew we would make it sooner or later.

Was a great night, nowadays beating hHM Crota is just a chore, at that time was so rare. What was, 3h after release? We beat even Datto's team.
We beat him the run after this one actually! :D

ocean

Banned
Only the Vex have Void shields. The rest of the enemies don't have void shields.
Hundreds of hours and I had never considered this. Void shields are so rare!

Arc: Captains, Knights, Harpies
Solar: Wizards, Shanks, Centurions
Void: Minotaurs, Nightfall Psions

according rto destiny tracker I entered the VOG solo and killed dregs and vandals.

what?

I wanna say thuogh that if after TBD bungie wanted us to use differnt loadouts they did a damn fine job. going and looking at all those VOG runs it seems like everyone was using some combination of VOC, IB, AE, PR, and Ghorn. Not a whole lot of variations.

with the exception of ghorn I never seem to run a CE where everyone is running the same primary. thats pretty cool.

Sullichin

One last check if there's interest in a (Normal) VoG Newbie raid tonight. I think a lot of people are checking out IB and such this week, I only have one spot occupied.

Thursday - 3/19 - 9:00PM EST - Vault of Glass Newbie Raid - Sign Up Here (4 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Raids alternate each week between the Vault of Glass and Crota's End.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

I signed up for this in case it's still happening

Namikaze1

You joining us in the Bloodborne madness? You better be.
What? I've been there since day 1. :p

Feels damn good to finally beat a Souls game. Since I have the week off from college, I have been playing it since Monday. I put roughly 20 hours of my time into it this week. Been playing in between Destiny and tv breaks.

GhaleonEB

I swear there was a strike recently where an enemy I wasn't expecting to have one of the blue/purple shields had the opposite; someone on the team had to point it out for me.

Wait, just remembered - the Psions had void shields the last time the Mars Spongebob strike was on the weekly rotation. I couldn't tell and had brought my feeble arc sniper.

Eidelon

One last check if there's interest in a (Normal) VoG Newbie raid tonight. I think a lot of people are checking out IB and such this week, I only have one spot occupied.

Thursday - 3/19 - 9:00PM EST - Vault of Glass Newbie Raid - Sign Up Here (4 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

I signed up.

Eidelon

Deku Tree

I swear there was a strike recently where an enemy I wasn't expecting to have one of the blue/purple shields had the opposite; someone on the team had to point it out for me.

Wait, just remembered - the Psions had void shields the last time the Mars Spongebob strike was on the weekly rotation. I couldn't tell and had brought my feeble arc sniper.

Yup I forgot about the Psions. Here is a classification below.
Good luck determining this shield type at the end of the dust palace strike too!

Hundreds of hours and I had never considered this. Void shields are so rare!

Arc: Captains, Knights, Harpies
Solar: Wizards, Shanks, Centurions
Void: Minotaurs, Nightfall Psions

psions are cabal

Ahh there have been a couple more signups for the newbie raid, so it's on for 9. 2 spots left

ocean

Banned

Yeah all the Nightfalls have the Epic modifier. It gives Shanks a Solar shield and Psions a Void shield. So damn annoying *shakes fist*

ahh yes. the silly psions have void shields in NF. makes alot of sense. just like harpies having arc shields.

Unstable

All the nostalgic stuff on the last few pages got me digging through my hard drive. I forgot I took these.

These were taken right before the Alpha servers shut down.

W5HlCkY.jpg

EiZdjkz.jpg

AuBOtDL.jpg

This is the first area of the game which you could revisit in the alpha. You can't now, for some reason they put a door blocking the entrance.

/Random Nostalgia

GhaleonEB

A fair point. I actually considered this before I posted that comment in this thread; that someone could either deliberately go find posts by DGAFfers or innocently stumble upon it, and elected to post it anyway.

I probably could have qualified it better, but I believe I would call that thread a trainwreck "to its face". It isn't so much the OP's thesis; I do disagree with it, but that's his opinion, and discourse about that opinion is fine.

Why I think it's a trainwreck is a few things:
- "forum" style posting makes it pretty hard to track who's responding to what more than one quote back. People forget who they're debating/arguing (in the civil sense) with, or what else that person has said. I had this miscommunication with someone in that thread today, but I think we were able to clear it up.
- "opinion pieces" like that, especially hot-button games like Destiny absolutely attract drive-by posts. Many of the points these posts consist of have already been discussed, confirmed/refuted, etc. I don't believe there's a way to solve this.
- many of the people who appear to be there to genuinely discuss the topic in good faith haven't considered the context beyond their own experience and wants. I understand this is human nature, but it's frustrating to repeatedly see responses that essentially boil down to "I don't care about logic, *I want it*". I made the point that Zoba quoted above, and it fell entirely on deaf ears. Not a single response. Even an acknowledgement that someone hadn't considered that would have helped my impression of the thread.

All this said, it DOES sound like at least a few people are going to check out this OT and will be giving grouping up here a shot. I guess that's a silver lining.

I actually agree with your post, was more making a tangential point; I was more thinking of posts like "that gaming side thread is filled with poopy newbs who are poopy". I think the framing of the thread was wildly off base, and that tainted the entire discussion. Some good discourse came out of it, and as you said some folks may use the forum to access game modes they had previously not, so that's a net positive.

Yup I forgot about the Psions. Here is a classification below.
Good luck determining this shield type at the end of the dust palace strike too!

Ug, I forgot about that one. Before I understood the burn system I thought it was weird that one of the Flayers had one color shield, and two of them had the another. :lol

EL CUCO

Let's not do this, last time it got brought up we had way too much Dark Souls talk; I actually thought I was in the wrong thread for a while. :p
Nami wont be able to spam up the Bloodborne thread like he does here, though. We'll chop him at the legs if he tries. lol

Namikaze1

Alright, DGAF, which should I upgrade first: Pocket Infinity or Plan C?

Nami wont be able to spam up the Bloodborne thread like he does here, though. We'll chop him at the legs if he tries. lol
We'll, there's one problem with that plan of yours. You'll have to find me
after getting out of my Chalice Dungeon that is!

please try to avoid sniping at Gaming threads or posts in those threads from here. I don't think it's helpful to take shots from the "safety" of the community threads.

One thing I'd add from my experiences: you never know who or how many people might lurk in the OTs but never post. Especially if people were encouraged to check out DGAF in gaming threads then it's a good idea if we're showered and shaved and on our best behavior, so to speak.

just got thunderlord from iron banner drop omfggggggg

-_- I would complain here but I must shamefully admit I haven't even leveled the first bubble of my Saint helm that I was so excited to finally buy from Xur. I feel so far removed from the grind aspects of the game, I don't know how to get back. Probably wouldn't max a TLord before HoW anyway, haha.

i'm going to go through the stats of OT18 later. lemme know if these categories are good before i start counting: ]

I like the categories and thanks for offering to undertake this arduous task. I was wondering how you'd classify multi-quote/comment posts that may include multiple categories. One point for each category?

Deku Tree

I'm still sad that I don't have a horrible Necrochasm or a third Fang.

My regular raid crew decided to take a break from destiny until HoW. Cuco said his grind cup was filled up or something...

Anyone doing HM Crota 1x or 2x or 3x tonight sometime after approx 9pm est?

moris

My regular raid crew decided to take a break from destiny until HoW. Cuco said his grind cup was filled up or something...

I'm down for one.

EL CUCO

I'm down for HM Crota tonight, Deku. #QuestForDekuchasm :) if Soss and Ray are down, that makes 4 of us.

Can't promise I'll play anything of Destiny next week though lol

noomi

I'm down for HM Crota tonight, Deku. #QuestForDekuchasm :) if Soss and Ray are down, that makes 4 of us.

Can't promise I'll play anything of Destiny next week though lol

Count me in guys, I just need 1. Have CP, if im not online message me on PSN and I'll come on , psn is noomi85

I can run sword if needed but otherwise I'll either be doing IB or not playing. Happy to help of course, but priority to people that still need loot.

I'm kinda surprised you've only gotten 2 Fangs so far, have you gotten a million Words? I've lost count but I feel like I've had 5+ of each. Dismantled a lot by now so who knows.

kamicowzi

Banned

I am signed up as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom