• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Okay there has to be a better way to get a SINGLE strange coin to drop.

I mean. I've been farming ROC and crucible and sucking Rahool's dick with blue engrams basically all day and not a single fucking coin has dropped.

AND ALL I NEED IS ONE

I mean. I've been farming ROC and crucible and sucking Rahool's dick with blue engrams basically all day and not a single fucking coin has dropped.

AND ALL I NEED IS ONE

Farm ROC strikes like crazy. Tokems and I did this right until midnight for a MoL because he wanted a class item from the speaker before it disappeared lol. Good times...

AND ALL I NEED IS ONE

Have you collected all gold chests yet? I believe the 4th on Mars is a guaranteed strange coin, I did this when I was in dire need of one as well.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Have you collected all gold chests yet? I believe the 4th on Mars is a guaranteed strange coin, I did this when I was in dire need of one as well.

Yeah I did that first thing.

Currently doing the daily heroic. Fingers crossed.

Defyler

omnigul's closet is growing on me. i still think the final encounter design is crap, if not solely for the fact that the lighting is so murky that it makes it hard to see what's going on. that aside, when everyone is running shotguns, it can get a bit chaotic in a so-bad-it's-good kinda way. the sheer amount of adds before that however is so ridiculously silly that i can't help but appreciate how little fucks bungie gives. there's like a dozen thralls in a congo line elbowing each other to get out of the door. i'll take the free glimmer.

I like the Omnigul strike. It feels significantly varied in terms of environment and its enemies. However, it's only really fun when a group is geared well to conquer it together. Most randoms in matchmaking are simply not there, nor are they cogent in realizing the various strats to efficiently finish the strike.

Also, the rewards are not commensurate with the time spent on the strike. I can finish two phogoth, nexus, or sepiks before I finish an omnigul. Which rewards the same "loot."

At this rate it's better to leave then play. Unless it's for pure enjoyment.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I am SO TERRIBLE in the Crucible when I use my Titan. I don't know how yall manage it. Hunter 4 life. Titan's fun in PvE tho.

finally just got around to my first ever crota run; got 4th horseman, swordbreaker, and unyielding casque. not complaining! i guess i'm okay for shotguns now.

New OT, nicely done :) and I am not on the wall of shame. Thus begins the downfall of iRAWR :p

Already 10 pages in. haha what happen to "We wont hit OT20 till HoW"

New OT, nicely done :) and I am not on the wall of shame. Thus begins the downfall of iRAWR :p

Already 10 pages in. haha what happen to "We wont hit OT20 till HoW"

We may not have were it not for the HoW update. That gave us like 20 pages alone. Activity picked up and has started to slow again.

New OT's used to have 1000+ posts in a day. We are at half that now.

Jinjo

This game is absolutely boring and sucks now that there are almost no people to play with. No random joining cause nobody is online. Been trying to find people to do the nightfall with all week already.

PUT ME ON THE BOARD DRIZZY! I'M UNINSTALLING THIS GAME

CC3XudfVEAANiDG.jpg:large

PS - Not pictured: JustGotWicked (add him too, he lurks :p). We two-manned that shit.

GutZ31

AND ALL I NEED IS ONE

First public event of the day has a chance of strange coin as a reward.

Hedera

finally just got around to my first ever crota run; got 4th horseman, swordbreaker, and unyielding casque. not complaining! i guess i'm okay for shotguns now.
Nice, helmet on your fist run. Helmets can be a pain to drop, just ask my Titan. Finally had one to drop for her after maybe 2,5 months...

Nice, helmet on your fist run. Helmets can be a pain to drop, just ask my Titan. Finally had one to drop for her after maybe 2,5 months...

Never had any problem with helmets dropping, it's always been the boots I've had trouble with. Never had any drop for VoG and I'm still waiting for CE to drop 'em.

Hedera

Never had any problem with helmets dropping, it's always been the boots I've had trouble with. Never had any drop for VoG and I'm still waiting for CE to drop 'em.
My Titan had trouble getting helmet and chest. She's my 2nd character and I was able to put my 3rd character at 32 first.

My Titan had trouble getting helmet and chest. She's my 2nd character and I was able to put my 3rd character at 32 first.

Yeah, my Hunter (3rd character) might make it to 32 this week, now that I have Radiant Dance Machines. Just need some more Radiant Shards and Sapphire Wire.

Hedera

Yeah, my Hunter (3rd character) might make it to 32 this week, now that I have Radiant Dance Machines. Just need some more Radiant Shards and Sapphire Wire.
Class items can be a pain to grind for, imo. You need 50 for a legendary piece and I think 100 for an exotic. My alts always run out of those materials...

Omni

I feel like doing something. Like a raid. Either CE or VoG.

Don't suppose anything is happening on Xbox right now?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Was seeing the early Destiny gameplay reveal where the Bungie dev got a Thunderlord from an exotic engram. The game also looked a lot more vibrant with nice visual effects. It kinda feels like they downgraded the whole thing to fit the game on last gen consoles :(

Also OT 20!

Was seeing the early Destiny gameplay reveal where the Bungie dev got a Thunderlord from an exotic engram. The game also looked a lot more vibrant with nice visual effects. It kinda feels like they downgraded the whole thing to fit the game on last gen consoles :(

Also OT 20!

They also blatantly lied to us by telling us we could go anywhere. Showing land across a river and explicitly stating you could explore it, but of course, it is an out-of-bounds area now that will kill you for attempting to go there.

Omni

I have NM and HM Crota checkpoints, just need a good swordbearer for the first one.
Well I can run sword no problems. I've even solo'd normal like 6 times now. Just can't be bothered doing it this week by myself haha.

(obviously I've done more than 6 raids altogether if my comment sounds like that. I think I'm at 60+ Crota completions :p)

Well I can run sword no problems. I've even solo'd normal like 6 times now. Just can't be bothered doing it this week by myself haha.

(obviously I've done more than 6 raids altogether if my comment sounds like that. I think I'm at 60+ Crota completions :p)

Well, I need to go to the gym right now. Will you be on in a couple of hours?

This game is absolutely boring and sucks now that there are almost no people to play with. No random joining cause nobody is online. Been trying to find people to do the nightfall with all week already.

Friday and Saturday are usually quieter. You'll have better luck tomorrow.

deafmedal

Ughh, tough week at work- didn't get home till 9:30 last night and I was whooped. Haven't done anything this week yet save play with the new vault (thank you and fuck you old gen).

Anyone up for NFs or raids?

They also blatantly lied to us by telling us we could go anywhere. Showing land across a river and explicitly stating you could explore it, but of course, it is an out-of-bounds area now that will kill you for attempting to go there.
Not directly. They said this was space that could be used by designers in the future.

Then the video showed a fan saying you could go out there.

I very much doubt we were deliberately or maliciously misled by the design team.

Bradach

Yesterday someone mentioned locked weapons disappearing when put in the vault.

Has anyone heard any more on this? Is this really a thing?

MickeyPhree

Ughh, tough week at work- didn't get home till 9:30 last night and I was whooped. Haven't done anything this week yet save play with the new vault (thank you and fuck you old gen).

Anyone up for NFs or raids?

I need to do a nm crota run if you get some others.

Edit: wow just realized my name change went through. Sext0n 2005-2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom