• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
New OT title, I like of it

Kat+Dennings+Chris+Hemsworth+Facebook+photo+scene+in+Thor.gif

Also TOP of the page, bow to Darth Penguin!

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Man...

This game is a lot like Pokemanz with guns.

Also, dressup...

I wanna get the Battlecage of Kabr with Armamentarium and Thunderdevil to make my Titan look like this guy:

:3

I'm depressed DGAF. . I got bored of crucible so I started budgeting my life for after graduation in May. . why are taxes so high guys :( How do you all do it. . I don't want to graduate or grow up, I won't be able to grind on reset Tuesday anymore.

Same. Haven't been able to play for like two weeks because I've been wrapping up final projects and papers and preparing for graduation.

rip fun ;~;

Gordon

Man...
This game is a lot like Pokemanz with guns.
Also, dressup...
I wanna get the Battlecage of Kabr with Armamentarium and Thunderdevil to make my Titan look like this guy:
:3
It's a pretty mediocre cosplay, but I mean, I guess..
That's Battlecage/Knightbone Guard/Armamentarium/Order's Greaves and Mark of The Risen, Thunderdevil of course, and all interpreted through the abstract impressionist that is bungie.net lol

It's the best I could do - better boots and gloves would help.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
It's a pretty mediocre cosplay, but I mean, I guess..

That's Battlecage/Knightbone Guard/Armamentarium/Order's Greaves and Mark of The Risen, Thunderdevil of course, and all interpreted through the abstract impressionist that is bungie.net lol

It's the best I could do - better boots and gloves would help.

Mediocre?

What other better way is there to recreate Briareos in Destiny?

Gordon

Mediocre?

What other better way is there to recreate Briareos in Destiny?
I just mean my rendition. I have a very small selection of non-raid boots and gloves.

Edit: and that vanguard helmet with horns is a reasonable option in lou of the battlecage. Lacks the red eye but has distinct horns as opposed to the futuristic ponytail handle

I promised my kid that I'd share his solo bridge run... so here it is:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A_KQYJW3zq8

He's using my titan since he is only level 30 on his account. Nothing we haven't seen before, but he's only six. The first but is him waiting for his super to charge.

You're letting your 6 year old play Destiny, a game where we murder thousands of innocent aliens.... 0_o

tell him nice job....i hate solo'ing that part, it's so boring.

BiGBoSSMk23

I just mean my rendition. I have a very small selection of non-raid boots and gloves.

Edit: and that vanguard helmet with horns is a reasonable option in lou of the battlecage. Lacks the red eye but has distinct horns as opposed to the futuristic ponytail handle

I think any simplistic shoulders would do. Vanguard has some pretty minimalistic gauntlets.

Also the Molinya headgear looks like Shadow of The Colossus LOL

EDIT:

BTW how long did it take you to get Battlecage to drop? I regret passing on Armamentarium last week. Fuck...

Gordon

You're letting your 6 year old play Destiny, a game where we murder thousands of innocent aliens.... 0_o
They're robots, and when we knock them apart they get put back together, hence the respawns. Guardians, fallen, hive, vex, and cabal - all robots. That's how my 4 year old understands it. Helps that all of my guardians are exo lol
(he mostly sees dancing in tower and speedrunning non-violently through campaign missions and bounty stuff)

I think any simplistic shoulders would do. Vanguard has some pretty minimalistic gauntlets.

Also the Molinya headgear looks like Shadow of The Colossus LOL
Yeah, all I have are CE gauntlets, those Eris gauntlets, and two sets of IB gloves. I feel like PoE faction armour should be pretty solid for this. At least I hope it will have an aesthetic toward that direction.

God I need to get a copy of that game. I watched my buddy play through a chunk of it and it was beautiful. Need more simple stark games like that. Everything is too busy being busy and visually noisy these days.

stb

Strange request, but can someone drop me off on Mars patrol? I don't even have the moon fully unlocked yet and need to do chests on Mars for the SGA bounty.

Thanks!
PSN berried_treasure

Holy fucking shit the strikes really suck. I mean, it's only so noticeable they suck when you're low level. Like, I'm doing the nexus mind and adds after adds after adds keep spawning. It's like...this isn't good dungeon design. It's not good Raid design. It's not good design at all.

And the sad part is every damn strike is like this. The sad part is thinking forward, if every damn strike they release is like this...they need to give up. I can't imagine going into Destiny 2 or Destiny 3 and having just adds spawn constantly being the hardest thing about a strike then. They need to get their shit together

/rant

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
For the first time since launch, I'm doing the bounties twice to level a weapon faster. I'm that excited about finally having a good hand cannon, lol.

Strange request, but can someone drop me off on Mars patrol? I don't even have the moon fully unlocked yet and need to do chests on Mars for the SGA bounty.

Thanks!
PSN berried_treasure

Wait, you're 20+ and don't even have Mars and Venus unlocked? Did you just play crucible to level up?

Venus and Mars are the two best planets, you should definitely unlock them and explore.

Defyler

Holy fucking shit the strikes really suck. I mean, it's only so noticeable they suck when you're low level. Like, I'm doing the nexus mind and adds after adds after adds keep spawning. It's like...this isn't good dungeon design. It's not good Raid design. It's not good design at all.

And the sad part is every damn strike is like this. The sad part is thinking forward, if every damn strike they release is like this...they need to give up. I can't imagine going into Destiny 2 or Destiny 3 and having just adds spawn constantly being the hardest thing about a strike then. They need to get their shit together

/rant

It's a really strange mechanic when you're low level. I'm assuming that's how Bungles wants you to interact with the strikes overall it just doesn't scale that way. Staying on the ground, weak dps, multiple waves spawning creates a tense, far more difficult situation in those strikes from lvl 18-24. They're incredibly slow and tedious at that point.

It's a massive change of pace from roc strikes at 30-32.

/rant

That is probably why most of us are not very excited about Arena - it might just be a horde mode with adds spam :(

stb

Wait, you're 20+ and don't even have Mars and Venus unlocked? Did you just play crucible to level up?

Venus and Mars are the two best planets, you should definitely unlock them and explore.

Yeah, never did the story missions on my alt.

BiGBoSSMk23

Is it just me or does the new Bat voice sound a bit like Optimus Bat? :p

It's awesome.

It's a really strange mechanic when you're low level. I'm assuming that's how Bungles wants you to interact with the strikes overall it just doesn't scale that way. Staying on the ground, weak dps, multiple waves spawning creates a tense, far more difficult situation in those strikes from lvl 18-24. They're incredibly slow and tedious at that point.

It's a massive change of pace from roc strikes at 30-32.

Yeah it's like....then you have to realize that all the Halos were pretty much like this. Go point A to point B, fight huge waves of enemies, that sometimes seem endless because there's so many of them. Other than select missions like get inside the Scarab to destroy its core or go through a huge library getting away from endless enemies, each level played out the same in terms of shoot bad guys, get it done with.

This is Bungie. They have been doing the same thing over and over again. What really marks the stark contrast is Destiny missing custom multiplayer, which was fucking huge and kept that game alive.

That is probably why most of us are not very excited about Arena - it might just be a horde mode with adds spam :(

But atleast(Hopefully) you'll get rewards from killing these add spams. In strikes, not even the boss drops engram. Hopefully, HOPEFULLY Bungie makes killing=rewards instead of what they've been doing with Strikes.

strikes on a low level are an exercise in frustration.

the encounters aren't difficult, especially if you're overleveled or have good gear to use. however, if you're underleveled, you're burning through bullets that don't so much as tickle the AI. then you run out of ammo and have to duck dodge bob and weave your way through plasma bolts that can nearly insta kill you.

i like the devil's lair in the roc playlist - players tend to camp the doors with shotguns and then snipe their way through the rest, so it goes by at a nice pace. but when you're doing it for the first time on a low character, it's awful. the walker fight takes insanely long, especially if you have teammates who aren't familiar with the encounter.

i'm temporarily avoiding that strike though because i spent an hour it recently. it was lagging so fucking bad and i couldn't see damage numbers or revive anybody. sepiks alone took us 30 minutes because he wouldn't move or take damage.

I also have gorgon checkpoint of you want to try the chests...

nevermind I can select hard now

strikes on a low level are an exercise in frustration.

if you're underleveled, you're burning through bullets that don't so much as tickle the AI. then you run out of ammo and have to duck dodge bob and weave your way through plasma bolts that can nearly insta kill you.

i like the devil's lair in the roc playlist - players tend to camp the doors with shotguns and then snipe their way through the rest, so it goes by at a nice pace. but when you're doing it for the first time on a low character, it's awful. the walker fight takes insanely long, especially if you have teammates who aren't familiar with the encounter.

i'm temporarily avoiding that strike though because i spent an hour it recently. it was lagging so fucking bad and i couldn't see damage numbers or revive anybody. sepiks alone took us 30 minutes because he wouldn't move or take damage.

I mean....yeah. I remember the devils strike was hellish in alpha/beta because people didn't know what to do. But now it's like...it's not hard or challenging, just annoying.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Would you rather have a bullet sponge boss? The little guys are the ones that are fun to fight, imo. I love horde modes, especially if they're focused on surviving until you die.

hydruxo

/rant

Future strikes need some more interesting mechanics in them for sure, I'm hesitant to say they should have more raid-like mechanics because I don't think they should be mini raids, but they need to make some changes. Strikes as they are right now are pretty mindless and are more or less boss rushes. Like you said none of them are really that different from each other. At the very least I'd like to see some strikes with debuffs like the no health regen at Crota or new modifiers.

omnigul's closet is growing on me. i still think the final encounter design is crap, if not solely for the fact that the lighting is so murky that it makes it hard to see what's going on. that aside, when everyone is running shotguns, it can get a bit chaotic in a so-bad-it's-good kinda way. the sheer amount of adds before that however is so ridiculously silly that i can't help but appreciate how little fucks bungie gives. there's like a dozen thralls in a congo line elbowing each other to get out of the door. i'll take the free glimmer.

as for undying mind ... jesus. i have no idea what to think of this shit. on the one hand, it's great when supers are being chained non stop. but if people are hoarding them and using scatter grenades....

uggggggggh

as long as the dps is there and everyone knows what they're doing, you can have some crazy battles. bungie throws so many yellow bar enemies at you for it too. i'm not sure if it's genius or insane. most people i've played it with don't even wait to figure out. they look left, look right, pop up their ghost and depart. if there's one strike that needed a boss nerf, it's this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom