• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's great. He did a great job. He is showing some advanced skills there. He will be out playing you before you know it. :p

Thanks for looking! It will make his day when I tell him tomorrow. He did the abyss too, but I didn't save that.

The best part was when he beat the first ogre, he looks at me and starts telling me about how his heart is racing. It was a totally new sensation for him, and to watch him experience that was awesome.

Omni

New thread! Woo.
Whining? I don't need an Xbox list. But you making such a big kerfuffle over someone politely asking if you could update the OP, and you pretty much going 'But muh hatred', is childish. You literally couldn't edit, scroll all the way to the bottom, type 'XBone Player list' and copy paste the link posted, is extremely childish.

This is where you're wrong. I don't 'need' that list, I play on the PS4. But I'm going to call you out when you're acting like a drama queen over how much you hate Microsoft and that you possibly can't edit the OP because it would go against your hatred of MS. Hell, you had already edited the OP earlier that day, was it really that hard to spend a minute editing it again?.

It's pathetic, todd. It really is. It's childish. And that shit doesn't belong over in the Destiny Community. It certainly doesn't belong on NeoGAF, this isn't GameFAQs.
I agree with this.

Not sure why he's acting like such a child. Well in the posts that I've seen from him over the last couple of days. You'd think the community would be more important than his console war bullshit. I've just ignored him.

GutZ31

Thanks for looking! It will make his day when I tell him tomorrow. He did the abyss too, but I didn't save that.

The best part was when he beat the first ogre, he looks at me and starts telling me about how his heart is racing. It was a totally new sensation for him, and to watch him experience that was awesome.
I think everyone gets that at some point in their life, and its always the high you just keep chasing.

Your son is now an addict, shame on you.

After not playing console games for 5+ years I purchased a PS4 for Bloodborne and have been playing Destiny for a few weeks. I've managed to get to 26 and have been on quite a few strikes however I've yet to hear a single person use a mic. Is that odd? I'm just trying to figure out if there's some issues with my connection/headset or if it's just a matter of people not talking in public on consoles since party chat became available.

He's hooked. I figured he freaked out a bit when IB ran out of bullets and the Ogre started to rage and close in on him.

Same feeling I get beating a tough Souls boss. Probably a bit too mature for him, but I bet kids could adapt to the game play quickly.

I promised my kid that I'd share his solo bridge run... so here it is:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A_KQYJW3zq8

He's using my titan since he is only level 30 on his account. Nothing we haven't seen before, but he's only six. The first but is him waiting for his super to charge.

pretty smooth.

i have a kid brother who's 5 and he's got a good hold of smash bros. i'd be surprised if he could play destiny well enough to attempt a feat like this.

After not playing console games for 5+ years I purchased a PS4 for Bloodborne and have been playing Destiny for a few weeks. I've managed to get to 26 and have been on quite a few strikes however I've yet to hear a single person use a mic. Is that odd? I'm just trying to figure out if there's some issues with my connection/headset or if it's just a matter of people not talking in public on consoles since party chat became available.

its pretty normal i think

randoms don't much like to chat with other randoms

try and find some games with people in this thread.. real friendly bunch

patchday

if anyone's interested, i started an unnecessarily long in depth analysis of the pvp maps a while ago. i'd forgotten about it until just now. i planned to make it all fancy with pictures and graphs, but it's been sitting in my documents gathering dust. it's probably outdated but i can post some of it for now.

edit: actually i think i already posted some of it a few OTs back. bieberidontrecall.gif

huh I'd check it out

Omni

Crota hard still gets my heart pumping :x
Yeah I still get nervous on that final sword. With the amount of bugs and stuff it just feels like luck whether or not you beat him, so you're always expecting something to go wrong

I like it, but there's too much emphasis on one guy in this raid. Looking forward to the arena if it means everyone does something

huh I'd check it out

Please do. I am interested in the informed opinion of higher tier PvPers. You see the game in an entirely different light than my scrubby perspective.

actually i did post some of it a while back

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=133266482&postcount=19779

i'll see if anything needs to be corrected/updated and then post one of the map breakdowns

yup that was posted before blind watch was updated and there's some verbose word usage in there, lol. lemme fix that first

Impala26

Could play online, but all Xbox features: friends list, party, microphone, messaging, etc. were completely borked.

Is Microsoft getting DDoS'd right now?
(basing this off of the current xbox.com/status)

GutZ31

A lot of people play without using a mic.
Mostly ever get people from GAF with mics, as we are all awesome people that care about each other
Valy, you don't care about any of us do you? :(

Match made games tend to be maybe 20% have mics on, or the rest just don't set fire team chat as default.

Welcome to the party.

It is not odd to have people muted in public space. Bungie did it intentionally. At launch there was no way to talk to randoms. They eventually added the opt in feature, but few use it. Most interaction with others is transient in the PvE space and outside of NF and Raids, communication isn't critical so few ever use it.

The social tools have been lacking and are well documented. If you want to talk to folks, assemble a Fireteam on DGAF, we are better company anyway.
For the most part.

"Hooked", "addicted", oh god, what did I do?

I think he'll be alright though. He was too busy picking up older women today to think about video games. He saw this girl at his brother's baseball game, walked over and sat on a fence near her, and two words later she was sitting next to him. Cool as a cucumber.

Could play online, but all Xbox features: friends list, party, microphone, messaging, etc. were completely borked.

Guess I picked the right time to go into Skirmish solo, then.

GutZ31

"Hooked", "addicted", oh god, what did I do?

I think he'll be alright though. He was too busy picking up older women today to think about video games. He saw this girl at his brother's baseball game, walked over and sat on a fence near her, and two words later she was sitting next to him. Cool as a cucumber.

I think he's gonna be all~right~ .

Giggidy

great thing about the xbox one is you can snap skype and use that in lieu of party chat

I can't tell if this is stealth trolling or not...

I'm watching you

i can see how it'd be taken sarcastically given the timing, but i was being sincere

credit is given where it is due. granted, i wouldn't have found out if the party system didn't go down in the first place, but it was a convenient workaround when i used it.

todd360

I'm sorry deku. I was being stubborn. I was only thinking about myself and not the rest of us. I don't know what's wrong with me. I baited the entire thread into a stupid squabble.

I don't know what to say. I was being childish like the others said. I really like you guys a lot. Why else would I post here almost daily when there's no new destiny content to play. I haven't been coming here to find groups. I have no need for groups until may. I just come to hang out and talk about destiny with like minded people and I've lost sight of that.

old news but funny how ironic this weapon description became

suros_regime.jpg

RIP pre-patch Suros.

willow ve

Yeah - same here. Game ran fine (ran 5+ Roc Strikes with no issues) - but couldn't message, see friends, list, etc.

Deku Tree

I'm sorry deku. I was being stubborn. I was only thinking about myself and not the rest of us. I don't know what's wrong with me. I baited the entire thread into a stupid squabble.

I don't know what to say. I was being childish like the others said. I really like you guys a lot. Why else would I post here almost daily when there's no new destiny content to play. I haven't been coming here to find groups. I have no need for groups until may. I just come to hang out and talk about destiny with like minded people and I've lost sight of that.

tEP68to.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Dealing void damage for the Thorn bounty is pretty hard as a Hunter now that there's so much less special ammo in PvP. It'd be cool if they'd lower the requirement.

Ganhyun

i think i have a stalker somehow in in crucible on the one right now. i keep leaving lobbies, and not even two matches after in the new lobby the same guy shows up.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
probably going to have to use epilogue or word of crota in the mean time
I don't have either of those. :-(

Just camp the heavy ammo and sit your ass down invis until it spawns.
Yeah, I'm making slow progress. It's just reallllly slow. I'm pretty good at PvP and go at least +10 in almost all my matches, so my K/D is fine. I just don't deal enough void damage.

I'm depressed DGAF. . I got bored of crucible so I started budgeting my life for after graduation in May. . why are taxes so high guys :( How do you all do it. . I don't want to graduate or grow up, I won't be able to grind on reset Tuesday anymore.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom