• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so what are people's thoughts on the last word? i have about 40 coins, never really play PvP, and have a hawkmoon, so am thinking it might be skippable... but open to being convinced otherwise.

20 OTs in and still no Ghorn for me :( 250 Strange coins saved up knowing full well Xur can't even sell the weapon.

Still excited for new content though, I've been running Nightfalls and Weeklies randomly, raiding if people are on but I know HoW will bring me right back.

same here. no GHorn since beta, for me. i've been running almost every exotic drop every reset, but i've only seen a handful of GHorn's even drop in my Fireteam....

Omni

That was the weirdest and most frustrating normal Crota I've ever done! On Blue Ninja's host I got 6 or so hits in and only managed to take less than a quarter of Crota's health. Switch to my host and that same amount of hits has him below half

And the moral of the story is to always give swordbearer host :p

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
same here. no GHorn since beta, for me. i've been running almost every exotic drop every reset, but i've only seen a handful of GHorn's even drop in my Fireteam....
I got it in the second week after the game came out, but it's still the old version. I need Xur to upgrade it. :(

That was the weirdest and most frustrating normal Crota I've ever done! On Blue Ninja's host I got 6 or so hits in and only managed to take less than a quarter of Crota's health. Switch to my host and that same amount of hits has him below half

And the moral of the story is to always give swordbearer host :p
You rocked it dude.

so what are people's thoughts on the last word? i have about 40 coins, never really play PvP, and have a hawkmoon, so am thinking it might be skippable... but open to being convinced otherwise.

Its a Pvp weapon mainly. Well the only reason you would want it, is to collect all the exotics weapon and armor in your case since you dont play Pvp. It has a sweet animation tho :D

best crucible weapon bar none.

the last word
thorn
hawkmoon

everything else

there's a post on reddit that does a good job explaining its effectiveness (until the part about it needing a nerf)

http://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePlaybook/comments/32x9cn/buy_tlw_or_youre_an_idiot/cqfzc3v

Last night I lost 1.5 million souls in a defiled dungeon (panicked at the wrong second) and didn't rage quit. That's a big loss. Game is great :p

I have noticed as I get older I don't rage quit.

Last time I raged at a game was Halo 2. Everything is going well starting to enjoy the game... BAM credits start rolling.

So technically I rage quit at the end. But I raged none the less...

I'm depressed DGAF. . I got bored of crucible so I started budgeting my life for after graduation in May. . why are taxes so high guys :( How do you all do it. . I don't want to graduate or grow up, I won't be able to grind on reset Tuesday anymore.

giphy.gif
Become a grad student ;D

best crucible weapon bar none.

the last word
thorn
hawkmoon

everything else

there's a post on reddit that does a good job explaining its effectiveness (until the part about it needing a nerf)

http://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePlaybook/comments/32x9cn/buy_tlw_or_youre_an_idiot/cqfzc3v

I will never get Thorn, I quite literally suck at PVP. I am horrid at it. I think blind people with no hands are better at PVP then I am. Forever stuck at 9 bounty slots and never a Thorn.

milkham

I will never get Thorn, I quite literally suck at PVP. I am horrid at it. I think blind people with no hands are better at PVP then I am. Forever stuck at 9 bounty slots and never a Thorn.

You can just go into rumble with a buddy and pick a quiet spot on the map for him to run into your void weapons over and over

mfn_pie

Dude we'll get that bounty knocked out soon.

Crazy night last night. Bought TLW from Xur. Ran hard Atheon (wasn't much help to anyone from my clan), which dropped Atheon's Epilogue, Abyss Defiant, and Vex Mythoclast. Tried to run hard CE from the bridge, got to Deathsinger but couldn't progress from there, which dropped shards, energy and Willbreaker's Greaves.

Special shout out to Toaster and Death for the chest checkpoints for shards and energies. Also had some legendary engrams drop which I will apply to my warlock.

We should start a DGAF train. Just have corrective measure in your heavy slot >:)

edit: or do that rumble thing. I'm down to get killed over and over c:

Primary weapon hierarchy in Crucible as of the pulse rifle patch IMO:

HAND CANNONS
  • The Last Word
  • Thorn
  • Hawkmoon
  • Any Legendary with high impact, good range, good rate of fire and stability (TDYK, Red Hand IX, Lord High Fixer, Timur's Lash)
  • Any Rare with high impact, good range, good rate of fire and stability (Backhanded Compliment, Regulator, Heaven Can Wait)

PULSE RIFLES
  • Red Death
  • Bad Juju
  • Three Little Words
  • Oversoul Edict
  • The Stranger's Rifle
  • Any Legendary with high impact, good range, full auto, good rate of fire, good reload and stability
  • Any Rare with high impact, good range, full auto, good rate of fire, good reload and stability

SCOUT RIFLES
  • Mida Multi Tool
  • Ghaleon's Demise
  • Fang of Ir Yut
  • Vision of Confluence
  • Any Legendary with high impact, good rate of fire and stability, and explosive/armor piercing rounds (a good Crusader I or Badger CCL roll)
  • Any Rare with high impact, good rate of fire and stability, and explosive/armor piercing rounds (Stalker BNGL)

AUTO RIFLES
  • Vex Mythoclast
  • Suros Regime
  • Up For Anything
  • Vanquisher
  • Monte Carlo
  • Abyss Defiant
  • Any Legendary with high impact, good range and stability. Also, Focused Fire basically turns them into a scout rifle (like the Suros perk). I think it increases damage somewhere around 20%
  • Any Rare with high impact, good range and stability (Galahad, Shingen)

HONORABLE MENTION
  • No Land Beyond (if you can use it)
  • Universal Remote

Impact and Rate of Fire give you a weapon's TTK, but there's usually a tradeoff (a high impact sniper for instance will never have a high rate of fire, and vice versa). These are the most important stats to lookout for. Everything after depends on your preference.

For hand cannon magazine size, it's best not to go below 8 rounds.
For auto rifles, 28 rounds and above is good for multiple targets.
For pulse rifles, at least 9 bursts or 27 rounds.
For scout rifles, I'd say you want at least 15 rounds.

Deku Tree

I would think that Fang of Ir Yut would be much better than Vision of Confluence in the Crucible. It basically has the same stats and target mark seems much better than Full Auto as a perk.

I would think that Fang of Ir Yut would be much better than Vision of Confluence in the Crucible. It basically has the same stats and target mark seems much better than Full Auto as a perk.

i never see it in crucible because it's a hard crota drop, but its stats are definitely better. third eye is valuable if you aren't a hunter with knucklehead radar

you forgot the best primary, Universal Remote~

yea i meant to add another category

i never see it in crucible because it's a hard crota drop, but its stats are definitely better. third eye is valuable if you aren't a hunter with knucklehead radar

It is amazing. I have 2 because RNG decided since I have the Thorn bounty to only give me weapons that have Arc damage.

Edit: Mind you I am not complaining my favorite weapon type is scout rifle. From the little I have played of crucible since the patch shotguns still reign supreme.

E92 M3

I have noticed as I get older I don't rage quit.

Last time I raged at a game was Halo 2. Everything is going well starting to enjoy the game... BAM credits start rolling.

So technically I rage quit at the end. But I raged none the less...

I am not much of a quitter either, but when I lost 2 million in the township in Dark Souls, I stopped playing for 2 days lol.

backup/restore is your friend :)

Care to elaborate, please? If it's as easy as it sounds than that truly takes away all of the suspense lol. I run around with a lot of souls because it makes things more exciting and always keeps me on my toes.

E92 M3

Hopefully I don't forget to login and get some stuff from Xur before he leaves lol. They really need to add in-app purchasing - it'll be so cool!

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Anybody doing VoG? Please add me. :(

BiGBoSSMk23

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Primary weapon hierarchy in Crucible as of the pulse rifle patch IMO:
The Last Word totally blows until you get that major stability upgrade, tho.

Gotta get that shit upgraded!
Checking Xur each week for his upgrades?
I swore there was a Gjallarhorn upgrade offered recently.
I never have enough glimmer when he rolls around, and I don't generally have enough time on the weekends to try and farm for more glimmer. :-(

shermas

isn't there some work around for the 'kill enemies in a nightfall strike' fusion rifle bounty? like i can go into a darkness zone and use a fusion rifle? i remember reading something about it.

i tried to use a fusion rifle for a bit of the nfall this week and i finished at 3/200 required kills. not a good pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom