• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not directly. They said this was space that could be used by designers in the future.

Then the video showed a fan saying you could go out there.

I very much doubt we were deliberately or maliciously misled by the design team.

It was a little more explicit than that. He said it is "all playable space" we can "go to right now" that "we hope to send you to some day". I guess they could weasel themselves out of that with "some day", but I think that it was said in a way to be easily interpreted as we will be going there once the game releases since we aren't going there for this Demo. Comment is at ~2:20m.

Lima

Alright video of me dismantling my 3 Ghorns coming later today. I am a man of my word after all. If I can figure out how to disable the child lock :)

MickeyPhree

I can jump in in 5 minutes.

You know you can count me in.

Thanks for your help this morning!

cwAqlzi.jpg

Bradach

Alright video of me dismantling my 3 Ghorns coming later today. I am a man of my word after all. If I can figure out how to disable the child lock :)
That was a different OT. The bet no longer applies!!
I don't think you should do it.

Deku Tree

Are you deleting your characters too?

Don't you want to wait to hear about the details of the Prison of Elders?

Atone13

Alright guys, I think I screwed up and was hoping for a little guidance here. After completing my round of bounties this morning, I was surprised to see that I opened up an exotic weapon bounty. There were 3 to choose from. My plan was to not select one and look them up and decide which one to do based off the rewards... but of course, like an idiot, instead of backing out I accidentally hit the accept button on what turns out to be a shotgun reward. The other two offered a pulse rifle, and the thorn hand cannon.

My question... If I drop the bounty, will I be able to go back and select one of the other ones? Or is it lost until I unlock another exotic bounty item? Did I just screw myself or what?

GutZ31

Bring on the blood bath~!

Probably better to wait for the info about the HoW content in detail before making any final deletions.

-SNIP-

My question... If I drop the bounty, will I be able to go back and select one of the other ones? Or is it lost until I unlock another exotic bounty item? Did I just screw myself or what?

Nope, you are stick with that bounty, or you can delete it and hope another exotic bounty comes soon.

The shotgun is pretty awesome by the way.

Agent

Not being able to skip the cutscene at the end of today's daily is brutal. I was 98% of the way from escaping but the cutscene took over.

Is this a movie worth watching? Is it on any streaming sites? Netflix, Amazon Prime Videos, etc?

dunno which (if any) streaming services carries it. i ... obtained mine, ahem... ummm... well... you know. i did purchase Alpha and Ex Machina and they're both worth the purchase. The series in general is fantastic.

Oh man I don't think I had made Wall of Shane in like 10 OTs.

my first OT was 19 i think, and i already made it... dunno whether to be glad or sad?
edit: nope, i made it at the tail end of 18. Ca$h-4-Crota... lol. that was a great title, too.

shermas

Alright guys, I think I screwed up and was hoping for a little guidance here. After completing my round of bounties this morning, I was surprised to see that I opened up an exotic weapon bounty. There were 3 to choose from. My plan was to not select one and look them up and decide which one to do based off the rewards... but of course, like an idiot, instead of backing out I accidentally hit the accept button on what turns out to be a shotgun reward. The other two offered a pulse rifle, and the thorn hand cannon.

As far as I know, you cannot go back and pick up another bounty... once you pick it up, it's yours. You can abandon it, just like any other bounty, but then it's lost in the RNG machine.

Atone13

As far as I know, you cannot go back and pick up another bounty... once you pick it up, it's yours. You can abandon it, just like any other bounty, but then it's lost in the RNG machine.
Nope, you are stick with that bounty, or you can delete it and hope another exotic bounty comes soon.

The shotgun is pretty awesome by the way.

Alrighty, thank's guys. I kinda assumed this was the case, but it doesn't hurt to ask. And GutZ if you say the gun is good then I don't feel too bad, and the run five strikes without dying doesn't seem too rough., so it is what it is I guess.

On a side note, if anyone is thinking about doing a VoG normal today, I'll be around most of the day and would love to get a clear in this week.

Bradach

On a side note I'm glad that VoG is seeing a it of a revival since their upgrade announcement.

I only started raiding after CE was out and there was very little interest in VoG in here.

GutZ31

Alrighty, thank's guys. I kinda assumed this was the case, but it doesn't hurt to ask. And GutZ if you say the gun is good then I don't feel too bad, and the run five strikes without dying doesn't seem too rough., so it is what it is I guess.

On a side note, if anyone is thinking about doing a VoG normal today, I'll be around most of the day and would love to get a clear in this week.

Let me just put it this way;
The shotgun regenerates ammo over time, making it almost never run out when used like other shotguns.
It also shoots at a fairly high rate of fire, making it rip through enemies in records time.
I have used a non-fully leveled, 286 attack Invective to do gatekeeper and atheon in normal VoG with just 4 people. It works great.

deafmedal

Still lookin to form a raid party, I think the plan is Gorgons NM, then some HM stuff.
I believe we have 4 and need 2 more!

Invective is good, so don't worry about it. Full auto regen shotgun. One of my favorite pvp weapons.

Frostburn

20 OTs in and still no Ghorn for me :( 250 Strange coins saved up knowing full well Xur can't even sell the weapon.

Still excited for new content though, I've been running Nightfalls and Weeklies randomly, raiding if people are on but I know HoW will bring me right back.

Simonnnnn

Anybody up for Sword Running on Crota HM?

I'll make that clearer, we've got the checkpoint and 3 people, so need another three including a Sword Runner if anybody is interested.

PSN ManxWraith

Atone13

Anybody up for Sword Running on Crota HM?

I'll make that clearer, we've got the checkpoint and 3 people, so need another three including a Sword Runner if anybody is interested.

PSN ManxWraith

I haven't done HM yet, but if you just need a warm body I'd be down for a kill

psn, atone1382 just give me 2 mins, gotta fire up the ps4. brt

Simonnnnn

I haven't done HM yet, but if you just need a warm body I'd be down for a kill

psn, atone1382 just give me 2 mins, gotta fire up the ps4. brt

Feel terrible, my friend just got two more. Sorry for messing you around. If you want I'll add you anyway and if you need any help I'm available most of the time if I'm online?

Rosso and I are getting our asses kicked by almighty Crota, holy fuck. Wolfpack rounds not detonating, overly agressive knights, Swordbearers playing hide and seek... And I haven't even mentioned the slippery rocks.

Dave_6

20 OTs in and still no Ghorn for me :( 250 Strange coins saved up knowing full well Xur can't even sell the weapon.

Still excited for new content though, I've been running Nightfalls and Weeklies randomly, raiding if people are on but I know HoW will bring me right back.

I'm in the same boat as you except with the Thunderlord. I've got ~190 coins but with the exception that Xur may actually have it on May 8th, if Bungie hasn't already changed that.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Need one or two more for normal Crota right now! We're at the end. Xbox One.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom