• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a level 30 hunter, that's a no go on killing the ogre :p How long does the crouch stealth last with a hunter and the knife? Trying to time it so I can use patience and times stealth and the hunter one alternatively.

Yeah, I almost got it this time. My crouch/Patience and Time refused to invis me near the end, supered and invised twice, but got hounded by a group of thrall just as the path was cleared out.

Timing the crouch invisibility with the ogre coming around the corner. As soon as that runs out, use P&T. Once that runs out, super and go invisi running to one of the rocks in front of the bridge and hide there. Should be enough time for bridge to form. If super runs out you can run to a thrall and stab for last invisibility.

I'll upload my badass solo from earlier today.

You're a hunter, don't need Patience and Time.

Jump on the rock next to the lamp after activating the plate. Stay there and go crouch invis as soon as you see the ogre.

Depends on where the ogre moves, you can either stay on the rock if he moves to left behind the big rock. If he sees you, then jump down, melee a thrall and go hide behind one of the two rocks near the bridge.

Having a super helps. Pop super and go invis, the thralls won't see you if you're behind the rock. Bridge will be done by the time you lose invisibility. Run over and get your loot.

whooooooo I soloed abyss on hard

booooo I got shards :(

Jump on the rock next to the lamp after activating the plate. Stay there and go crouch invis as soon as you see the ogre.

Depends on where the ogre moves, you can either stay on the rock if he moves to left behind the big rock. If he sees you, then jump down, melee a thrall and go hide behind one of the two rocks near the bridge.

Having a super helps. Pop super and go invis, the thralls won't see you if you're behind the rock. Bridge will be done by the time you lose invisibility. Run over and get your loot.

It really helped to have P&T. Being able to time when the stealth goes out on P&T, and crouching right before that will immediately put you in crouch stealth, then time the stealth that crouch gives you and go into P&T and you get stealthed into that. Then I just jumped down, meleed a thrall, path opened, popped my super just in case.

whooooooo I soloed abyss on hard

booooo I got shards :(

It really helped to have P&T. Being able to time when the stealth goes out on P&T, and crouching right before that will immediately put you in crouch stealth, then time the stealth that crouch gives you and go into P&T and you get stealthed into that. Then I just jumped down, meleed a thrall, path opened, popped my super just in case.

Yay. Now solo the bridge.

If Hudson's 6 year old can do it, you can do it too :p

You will dismantle that P&T when you see a real hunter do the abyss solo.

Give that P&T to your warlock.

RedFury

Anyone running NF?
Also did they fix the cheese? I was sniping from the rock and was on the second wave, was waiting for the third wave and I had to redo the ghost at the door.

It will happen someday.

Looks like the nightfalls are full, but if anyone has an open spot for anything...

Please respond.

We should do it tomorrow regardless, fridays mean i can stay up later and even have some drinks. I can run the kid raggid before hand so hes out by raid time. I really wanna start running vog regularly again. And would rather run it with good folks :)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

I'm just offering him more options. It's always good to put yourself in someone else s shoes. When it comes down to it there is no right or wrong way to do things. Just get it done.

Are you doing normal or hard?

VoG? That's done with. Unless you meant the abyss, I did a hard clear for chance of boots.

I'm just offering him more options. It's always good to put yourself in someone else s shoes. When it comes down to it there is no right or wrong way to do things. Just get it done.

Thanks Kadey~ Your tips helped. I thought the bridge took longer to form, but it only takes half a minute or something.

VoG? That's done with. Unless you meant the abyss, I did a hard clear for chance of boots.

Thanks Kadey~ Your tips helped. I thought the bridge took longer to form, but it only takes half a minute or something.
I meant solo the abyss. Strats different becuease you cant kill the ogre on hard. At least i cant

We should do it tomorrow regardless, fridays mean i can stay up later and even have some drinks. I can run the kid raggid before hand so hes out by raid time. I really wanna start running vog regularly again. And would rather run it with good folks :)

We'll see how things go. Tomorrow's a work night for me. I have to be up at 6am on Sat.

FYI Hudson et al: can't log on right now, not sure if I'll be back on a bit later or not

No biggie. All for fun!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Relinquish your pain unto me.

upload_convert.gif

BuzzJive

PSN - Anybody up for a full Hard VOG run?

We need 2 people. One of our dudes is a 28 that we're carrying, the other 3 are 31's and 32's with lots o weapons. We are all in the same office and can chat to eachother, and 2 of us have mics to talk to you.

If you're interested, send me a friend request - buzzj1ve

Unstable

i have the Crota HM CP... anyone interested?
still chasing gjallarhorn (i pronounce it yallarhorn... i think that's right, right?)

i will if there's no one for scrota, but we'd need a bunch of gud players to cover for my scrubbiness. :D
Don't worry, you have me.

LTWood12

i have the Crota HM CP... anyone interested?
still chasing gjallarhorn (i pronounce it yallarhorn... i think that's right, right?)

i will if there's no one for scrota, but we'd need a bunch of gud players to cover for my scrubbiness. :D

I totally would, but have to get up early to drive 5 hours to a wedding. Maybe this weekend?

Just for fun, I'm Spotify searching songs that share names with guns in Destiny. It can be hit or miss, obviously, but there's a song called Thorn by a group called Favorite Weapon. Hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom