• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I decided to do the Weekly on my last character today. Figured I'd just do it with randoms, not too hard. Got all Void weapons.

I join a game.

There's one person in it, and they're dead, right near the beginning (the first darkness zone in the caves with the Hydra). That's odd, I think. Why would there only be one person in a weekly? What could've caused two people to leave?

So I run over and revive the person. We clear out the entire room no problem. Exit the cave, head down to the big open area where Dinklage works on the door and three waves of enemies spawn.

The guy I'm playing with dies pretty early from a sniper shot. He's 32, but it happens. I revive him. We clear out the enemies before the first wave.

First wave comes and he dies twice more. He's a Titan and he's trying to shotgun Minotaurs (with Void damage). I check his weapons: his shotgun is Void, but his primary and heavy are Solar. Okay, whatever.

Second wave comes. He dies again. I'm getting annoyed because I'm a Hunter and have dick for a shield, but it's fine. Third wave comes, he doesn't die. Yay.

We reach the Archon Priest. He's still shotgunning. He dies three times before we kill all the enemies in the area. The Archon Priest comes out. He dies two more times. Each time I have to revive him. And I do.

The Archon Priest is almost dead and I jump up to the area you begin at just to regain my shield. He jumps up with me and then sits down. Idles.

Whatever, I jump down and keep fighting. Get some Truth rockets on the Priest, thing's almost dead. Invisible sword guys come so I jump back up to the area to regain my shield. This guy then stands up and tries to Titan shoulder charge me off the ledge. So he's not even idling anymore, he's just being a dick.

I jump back up. He starts dancing. Then he goes into his pause menu.

I push his character off the edge. His character dies. I jump down after the enemies leave and revive him. I start shooting at enemies. Perhaps we can finish it now.

He jumps back up on the cliff. Sits down. So I jump back up and sit down with him. I'm not going to complete this for him, especially since I've now had to revive him 10 times.

We stay sitting for a few minutes. I'm watching a hockey game on TV at this point. I flip back to the game; he's now backtracked and is playing around on his sparrow in the previous area.

I go join him. I get on my sparrow. Ram him. Try shooting exploding barrels when he's near him.

This all goes on for 15 minutes.

Eventually the hockey game I'm watching goes into an intermission. I jump back into the game, see that he's idling in the earlier area. So I run into the Archon Priest area and die on purpose. It resets everything. Another player joins us. We finish the strike.

As the countdown to orbit timer nears zero, he charges at me again. I jump at the last second and he shoulder charges an explosive barrel, killing himself.

And people really think matchmaking for Raids or the Nightfall is a good idea?

Yes, I do. It's better than not having the chance to do any raid at al or having to solo through NF, which is the point I'm at now since my group is basically disbanded. There's a report player function, you should use it in cases like that.

Sure, it's much better to have people on your friendslist to play these things with, but almost no-one on mine is still playing. The past couple of days I've been checking GAF after getting home from work to see if I can join a group running VoG or CE, but I'm always out of phase with the runs going here.

Manp

this to me might rank first among the shittiest weeks as far as NF rewards are concerned :°°°

3x NFs:
- LDR 5001 (Arc with somewhat decent perks. would be good if it wasn't my 5th one! also, none of them has been void :| )
- 11 strange coins
- 7 ascendant shards

7... seven!

:(

Shito

Yes, I do. It's better than not having the chance to do any raid at al or having to solo through NF, which is the point I'm at now since my group is basically disbanded. There's a report player function, you should use it in cases like that.

Sure, it's much better to have people on your friendslist to play these things with, but almost no-one on mine is still playing. The past couple of days I've been checking GAF after getting home from work to see if I can join a group running VoG or CE, but I'm always out of phase with the runs going here.
I'm all for them adding an *OPTION* to have some match-making on the NF.
But I sure as hell am against making it mandatory like it is now for the weeklies. I don't mind too much about those, because even when the two random guys I'm with try to sparrow past optionnal zones filled with minotaurs during a void burn, leaving me the last guardian standing with angry minotaurs at his back, I know that at worst we'll respawn at the last checkpoint. I don't want to have to deal with this shit for a NF, though: I'll take a solo NF over one with randoms any day.

So I decided to do the Weekly on my last character today. Figured I'd just do it with randoms, not too hard. Got all Void weapons.

I join a game.

*snip

Yeah I can understand how that could be annoying, especially since I've had bullshit like that happen to me. I can usually determine within the first couple of minutes if my group is gonna suck or not. I will leave as soon asi notice some dickhead isn't playing.

With that said, it has still been much better doing the weekly with randoms than doing it alone, so I would absolutely love matchmaking in the nightfall, but I wish it wouldn't kick you back to orbit on death, just make us restart from the beginning.

As for the raids...I just don't see how it would work. I wouldn't necessarily be against it though, but I doubt I'd ever use it.

The matchmaking should be optional though for anyone that doesn't want to use it

Ambitious

8.jpg

vyzkKdX.gif

Heh, nice catch.
The "bricks" system they designed for gears is coming back to bite them in the ass with each new release. Sure it is easier and quicker for creating to new gears, but it leads to such things...

Or maybe weapon shaders...probably not but we can dream right?

Waldini

Hmm?

The Fang model with a simple re-skin? Usually Raid gear/weapons have a very distinct look to them. Weird seeing the Fang being re-used.

Maybe weapon skins? Which I don't think would happen anytime soon. Still, there might be a reason why they didn't show off any of the new HoW shaders...

Haha I'm sure a few here remember my long-time rantings of what Bungie was going to do with the Queen's Wrath events, and there it is as I catch up on the HoW coverage. Can't say I'm proud of making that call though.

Ambitious

Not my picture. It's from Reddit.

Possible explanations:
1) Weapon Shader
2) Level 34 CE, dropping alternate versions of weapons
3) Reskin

Bradach

So I got a crux last night from crota. Problem is I got rid of a few husks months ago and haven't seen them since.

Is there any chance I can get one now the sword of crota lads don't spawn anymore?

HigXx

So I got a crux last night from crota. Problem is I got rid of a few husks months ago and haven't seen them since.

Is there any chance I can get one now the sword of crota lads don't spawn anymore?

Go to the Fist of Crota mission and theres one there every time

You might still get one from the Blade of Crota spawning at the start of the Fist of Crota mission.

Edit: Beaten ^

Shito

Heh, got a dupped MIDA during a NF this week, so I'm not surprised to see Xur having it in stock. ^^
Nothing for me this week, but then again I'm starting to get at the end of my exotics list...

RemiLP

I join a game.

There's one person in it, and they're dead, right near the beginning (the first darkness zone in the caves with the Hydra). That's odd, I think. Why would there only be one person in a weekly? What could've caused two people to leave?

So I run over and revive the person. We clear out the entire room no problem. Exit the cave, head down to the big open area where Dinklage works on the door and three waves of enemies spawn.

The guy I'm playing with dies pretty early from a sniper shot. He's 32, but it happens. I revive him. We clear out the enemies before the first wave.

First wave comes and he dies twice more. He's a Titan and he's trying to shotgun Minotaurs (with Void damage). I check his weapons: his shotgun is Void, but his primary and heavy are Solar. Okay, whatever.

Second wave comes. He dies again. I'm getting annoyed because I'm a Hunter and have dick for a shield, but it's fine. Third wave comes, he doesn't die. Yay.

We reach the Archon Priest. He's still shotgunning. He dies three times before we kill all the enemies in the area. The Archon Priest comes out. He dies two more times. Each time I have to revive him. And I do.

The Archon Priest is almost dead and I jump up to the area you begin at just to regain my shield. He jumps up with me and then sits down. Idles.

Whatever, I jump down and keep fighting. Get some Truth rockets on the Priest, thing's almost dead. Invisible sword guys come so I jump back up to the area to regain my shield. This guy then stands up and tries to Titan shoulder charge me off the ledge. So he's not even idling anymore, he's just being a dick.

I jump back up. He starts dancing. Then he goes into his pause menu.

I push his character off the edge. His character dies. I jump down after the enemies leave and revive him. I start shooting at enemies. Perhaps we can finish it now.

He jumps back up on the cliff. Sits down. So I jump back up and sit down with him. I'm not going to complete this for him, especially since I've now had to revive him 10 times.

We stay sitting for a few minutes. I'm watching a hockey game on TV at this point. I flip back to the game; he's now backtracked and is playing around on his sparrow in the previous area.

I go join him. I get on my sparrow. Ram him. Try shooting exploding barrels when he's near him.

This all goes on for 15 minutes.

Eventually the hockey game I'm watching goes into an intermission. I jump back into the game, see that he's idling in the earlier area. So I run into the Archon Priest area and die on purpose. It resets everything. Another player joins us. We finish the strike.

As the countdown to orbit timer nears zero, he charges at me again. I jump at the last second and he shoulder charges an explosive barrel, killing himself.

Well, iv pretty much only done weekly, nf and raids with randoms. If i join a weekly with only 1 other guy, and its not near the end, i go to orbit and try again. Iv never had any problems completing a weekly with mm.

I spend more time looking for people to raid with than i spend on actually playing the raid.

Yes, i think mm is a good idea, as long as its optional.

Well, if I get Nightfalls in today there's still a chance at Thunderlord and Hawkmoon. Haven't done any Raids in a long while either, so there's those too.

Shito

Is the MIDA worth picking up?
It's a great scout rifle, not my favorite but a great one nonetheless. Its main qualities are its amazing stopping power (it can stun knight majors with each bullet), and its agility boost. It's currently the only gun that lets you go through the abyss reaaaally easily.
I told everyone in my usual raid group that didn't already have one to buy it this week-end.

Anyone have a link to the Xur predictions for the next couple of weeks? I really want to know if he'll sell HotPF again since I dismantled my alt's one by mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom