• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Noice. Fun running!

Top of the page declaration: Hunters best class. That is all.

Crota dodging a Hunter's blink strike using a Titan jump like a boss.

upload_convert.gif

Don't know if this was posted or not, but Bungie teased a bunch of armor items.

79 Pieces of Gear Teased

not including the ships/sparrow, that's 75 pieces of weapon/gear. All with unique looks(Except for the Moon Breakers).

I'm pretty damn excited. That's way more than what TDB had, in terms of looking unique/different.

They really did work on HoW all this time. TDB probably was good to go at September. Exciting.

Played pvp for the first time in a while and my screen just stays green. Everyone and their mother is using a thorn.

I like what they did with the ammo crates though with limiting special ammo, toning down the shotgun usage.

down 2 orth

Good run guys. Reacquired the chest for my warlock which was the last piece I needed for him.

That was a lot of fun! Was super happy to get Vision of Confluence.

Quick question: If I finished the last half of CE normal, can I do it again and get the goodies from the first half?

exYle

You guys think that if Prison of Elders gets matchmaking we'll finally see the end of requests of raid matchmaking or will it just get worse

You guys think that if Prison of Elders gets matchmaking we'll finally see the end of requests of raid matchmaking or will it just get worse

Taking into account what a disaster weekly MM can be, I highly doubt it.
The whole raid checkpoint system also just does not work with MM without making it overly complicated.

if prison of elders has matchmaking (and it should), they should also put it on for nightfalls and tweak the orbit modifier.

raid matchmaking can wait a little longer after that for them to get it right.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Just got Patience and Time via an engram I got for leveling up the Cryptarch. :)

Didn't catch the stream from the other day and a bit behind on all the tidbits on HoW, but it made my day seeing a news blurb on Commendations getting the axe.

Look forward to getting some folks together for Nightfalls and maybe some Crucible trains later.

Hi, I have a hunter 32 (PS4, PSN Vasilisk), and I'm looking for Crota HM. I'll be online playing Destiny or other games around five hours since this post.

So I decided to do the Weekly on my last character today. Figured I'd just do it with randoms, not too hard. Got all Void weapons.

I join a game.

There's one person in it, and they're dead, right near the beginning (the first darkness zone in the caves with the Hydra). That's odd, I think. Why would there only be one person in a weekly? What could've caused two people to leave?

So I run over and revive the person. We clear out the entire room no problem. Exit the cave, head down to the big open area where Dinklage works on the door and three waves of enemies spawn.

The guy I'm playing with dies pretty early from a sniper shot. He's 32, but it happens. I revive him. We clear out the enemies before the first wave.

First wave comes and he dies twice more. He's a Titan and he's trying to shotgun Minotaurs (with Void damage). I check his weapons: his shotgun is Void, but his primary and heavy are Solar. Okay, whatever.

Second wave comes. He dies again. I'm getting annoyed because I'm a Hunter and have dick for a shield, but it's fine. Third wave comes, he doesn't die. Yay.

We reach the Archon Priest. He's still shotgunning. He dies three times before we kill all the enemies in the area. The Archon Priest comes out. He dies two more times. Each time I have to revive him. And I do.

The Archon Priest is almost dead and I jump up to the area you begin at just to regain my shield. He jumps up with me and then sits down. Idles.

Whatever, I jump down and keep fighting. Get some Truth rockets on the Priest, thing's almost dead. Invisible sword guys come so I jump back up to the area to regain my shield. This guy then stands up and tries to Titan shoulder charge me off the ledge. So he's not even idling anymore, he's just being a dick.

I jump back up. He starts dancing. Then he goes into his pause menu.

I push his character off the edge. His character dies. I jump down after the enemies leave and revive him. I start shooting at enemies. Perhaps we can finish it now.

He jumps back up on the cliff. Sits down. So I jump back up and sit down with him. I'm not going to complete this for him, especially since I've now had to revive him 10 times.

We stay sitting for a few minutes. I'm watching a hockey game on TV at this point. I flip back to the game; he's now backtracked and is playing around on his sparrow in the previous area.

I go join him. I get on my sparrow. Ram him. Try shooting exploding barrels when he's near him.

This all goes on for 15 minutes.

Eventually the hockey game I'm watching goes into an intermission. I jump back into the game, see that he's idling in the earlier area. So I run into the Archon Priest area and die on purpose. It resets everything. Another player joins us. We finish the strike.

As the countdown to orbit timer nears zero, he charges at me again. I jump at the last second and he shoulder charges an explosive barrel, killing himself.

And people really think matchmaking for Raids or the Nightfall is a good idea?

Anyone down for 1-3x Oracle and/or Templar kills? Got 3 now and the Oracle CP, 3 spots open. We're just doing a NFall now.

I hope Xur sells Thunderlord so DrDrizzay can complete his collection.

That's expected in 2 weeks, let's hope it's true.

until then we'll just keep stealing his thunder :p

Thanks guys! :) Sure, it's more fun it get it as a drop but I'll be plenty happy to buy it with the coins I earned, damnit.

Theorry

It was on Reddit, the spider guy had predicted it but received an email from bungie asking him not too post any more leaks.

He had correctly predicted TLW for last week.

I wouldnt mind if he stopped imo. It kills abit the suprise every week. Same with the dlc leaks etc. :)

i don't really have any nightmare stories doing weeklys with randoms

i even did a nightfall with randoms this week.. i loaded into it solo, sat at the beginning and set my fire team to public.. 2 people joined

raids would be a total clusterfuck though no doubt

Destiny: House of Wolves |OT| Fatebringer 24/7/365
Destiny: House of Wolves |OT| My, what big guns you have
Destiny: House of Wolves |OT| Loot. Grind. Repeat
Destiny: House of Wolves |OT| Become Legend....again
Destiny: House of Wolves |OT| Went to Trial, then Prison
Destiny: House of Wolves |OT| And Wolfpack Rounds
Destiny: House of Wolves |OT| This time, it's for Reef
Destiny: House of Hype |OT| Raise the Reef

Ganhyun

So I decided to do the Weekly on my last character today. Figured I'd just do it with randoms, not too hard. Got all Void weapons.

I join a game.

There's one person in it, and they're dead, right near the beginning (the first darkness zone in the caves with the Hydra). That's odd, I think. Why would there only be one person in a weekly? What could've caused two people to leave?

So I run over and revive the person. We clear out the entire room no problem. Exit the cave, head down to the big open area where Dinklage works on the door and three waves of enemies spawn.

The guy I'm playing with dies pretty early from a sniper shot. He's 32, but it happens. I revive him. We clear out the enemies before the first wave.

First wave comes and he dies twice more. He's a Titan and he's trying to shotgun Minotaurs (with Void damage). I check his weapons: his shotgun is Void, but his primary and heavy are Solar. Okay, whatever.

Second wave comes. He dies again. I'm getting annoyed because I'm a Hunter and have dick for a shield, but it's fine. Third wave comes, he doesn't die. Yay.

We reach the Archon Priest. He's still shotgunning. He dies three times before we kill all the enemies in the area. The Archon Priest comes out. He dies two more times. Each time I have to revive him. And I do.

The Archon Priest is almost dead and I jump up to the area you begin at just to regain my shield. He jumps up with me and then sits down. Idles.

Whatever, I jump down and keep fighting. Get some Truth rockets on the Priest, thing's almost dead. Invisible sword guys come so I jump back up to the area to regain my shield. This guy then stands up and tries to Titan shoulder charge me off the ledge. So he's not even idling anymore, he's just being a dick.

I jump back up. He starts dancing. Then he goes into his pause menu.

I push his character off the edge. His character dies. I jump down after the enemies leave and revive him. I start shooting at enemies. Perhaps we can finish it now.

He jumps back up on the cliff. Sits down. So I jump back up and sit down with him. I'm not going to complete this for him, especially since I've now had to revive him 10 times.

We stay sitting for a few minutes. I'm watching a hockey game on TV at this point. I flip back to the game; he's now backtracked and is playing around on his sparrow in the previous area.

I go join him. I get on my sparrow. Ram him. Try shooting exploding barrels when he's near him.

This all goes on for 15 minutes.

Eventually the hockey game I'm watching goes into an intermission. I jump back into the game, see that he's idling in the earlier area. So I run into the Archon Priest area and die on purpose. It resets everything. Another player joins us. We finish the strike.

As the countdown to orbit timer nears zero, he charges at me again. I jump at the last second and he shoulder charges an explosive barrel, killing himself.

And people really think matchmaking for Raids or the Nightfall is a good idea?

As bad as the PVP trolls.

Bradach

I join a game. *Snip*

Lol! I was sure he was going to get a gjallahorn at the end.
Pity there's no rep system where people like him get paired with people like him.

Shito

<_> I'm not THAT good
Soloing HM Bridge is actually easier than HM Abyss.
Get yourself on top of a pillar, kill the swordbearer, teleport / sword your way across the bridge and hide behind the safe spot, taking pot shots at thralls coming around you to make the ogres appear. Snipe the left one, and jump / rocket the one on the right, and voilà!

amar212

Dat Hunter Iron Banner helmet and vanilla scarf that can't be obtained again once dismantled.

Damn you Bungie.

I will delete my Hunter on the Friday May 22 and start again over the weekend to level him up before Tuesday.

Damn you Bungie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom