• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultrazilla

Alright so I wasn't feeling the VOG raid.

Need five more for a fresh Crota normal run.

PSN/PS4 Kaijuseijin

I'd like to start in the next 10 minutes or so.

only two more changes would make this upgrade system perfect

upgrading rare stuff to higher attack values
exchanging vanguard marks for crucible marks and vice versa

hopefully the new perks are useful. was just thinking how dumb the fang of ir yut's target mark is

it could have done something cooler like make enemy AI target whoever was marked.

patchday

After watching that Bungie stream from yesterday I got pretty mad at that community rep. All he did was kiss up. * Okay that's not fair, he did do a good job especially he got bonus points for mentioning Neocrocasm

But what upset me -> "Oh yeah I feel that the glimmer cap is just fine Deej! But yeah I feel obligated to ask on behalf of community are you raising the cap?"

REALLY? Anyone that plays this game like most any gaffer will notice the glimmer cap is just broken.

ugh, this game could be such a great thing with just some minor tweaks. Like raising the glimmer cap.... I'm sure they will eventually like a year from now...

My monthly PvP whine post:
- I like how Pvp is full of people with the "The Last Word/Praedith's Revenge/Word of Crota" trifecta. No I actually don't, gotta deal with it I guess.
- How am I supposed to counter someone using TLW 2-3 shotting people from mid-range? I just don't understand how stuff like that is still possible, meanwhile when using the weapon myself I seem to completely suck with it, is there something I'm missing? :p
- Matches have become clearly harder over time, I guess that's because lots of casual players stopped playing already.
- Fuck snipers, they became a bigger threat than shotguns ever were. I mean, you could at least counter shotgun users from a safe distance.
- Thorn, the thing is still the most popular gun in PvP at the moment.
- Bad Juju > Red Death
As you can see I have a lot to whine about and yet I can't stop playing this stuff.

in general I just get tired of Crucible because of the lack of variety of game modes and poor rewards for my time (I only use the marks to buy planetary mats). Drop rates are awful as ever. These devs are so bad at this RPG thing. Not even the good sense to drop green armor so we can at least break that down for armor mats. So if all you do is pvp you'll be broke in regards to glimmer and armor mats. That's just silly.

hopefully the new perks are useful. was just thinking how dumb the fang of ir yut's target mark is

it should have made enemy AI target whoever was marked.

That would be super OP, unless it had a low proc rate. But we definitely could use some more interesting perks.

After watching that Bungie stream from yesterday I got pretty mad at that community rep. All he did was kiss up. * Okay that's not fair, he did do a good job especially he got bonus points for mentioning Neocrocasm

"Oh yeah I feel that the glimmer cap is just fine Deej! But yeah I feel obligated to ask on behalf of community are you raising the cap?"

REALLY? Anyone that plays this game like most any gaffer will notice the glimmer cap is just broken.

ugh, this game could be such a great thing with just some minor tweaks. Like raising the glimmer cap.... I'm sure they will eventually like a year from now...

I thought he did a good job. Don't agree with his assessment on Glimmer either, but he got them to squirm on a lot of issues.

i think the glimmer cap is fine so long as the rest of the stuff is appropriately priced.

if everything is relatively cheap and then the most expensive stuff are only a couple thousand, then we should never run out. but Xur upgrades cost a third of of our wallets and then it takes a long time to make that money back.

players should never feel like they need to farm glimmer unless they're buying something very rare.

i think the glimmer cap is fine so long as the rest of the stuff is appropriately priced.

if everything is relatively cheap and then the most expensive stuff are only a couple thousand, then we should never run out. but Xur upgrades cost a third of of our wallets and then it takes a long time to make that money back.

With Ascension being 1500 Glimmer instead of 7K at Xur, glimmer won't be as scarce. Iron Banner however....

GhaleonEB

Honestly, a new thread would be appropriate for it IMO.(Ask Ghaleon if it'd be ok to make a 'Where is Destiny Now' for a list of changes from Vanilla.) The changes the game is going through are by far the best thing about it, it's a completely different game in its approach. Although this list/thread probably would be best being put up when HoW releases, when we have a complete list of changes.

I mean, I think I've seen threads before of how games are today in terms of changes, and Destiny is one of those games that people enjoyed but hated the lack of content/grindiness of it that they might've just dropped it. So giving a PSA of sorts for when HoW comes up would be nice for those who'd be interested in checking it out and want to read the changes without having to search for them.
I suggest a House of Wolves OT the day it is released; we've done the same for many expansions for other games. Doesn't need to be anything elaborate, just a thread on the gaming side to discuss the expansion upon release. Up to you guys to decide who makes it.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I was away from Destiny for roughly 60+ days from my Accident/Hospital/Rehab, start up my first match of Crucible, choose Inferno Clash, go 25-10

WHAT THE FUCK!?!

Though I was gonna be rusty as fuck, but DAMN, feels good to be on top

Wanna do Raids and NF but still feel rusty, not running like a well oiled machine in my Destiny hay-day

Will take a few weeks to get in the groove, same as for me walking like a human being again
Hilarious how Destiny and my real life are clashing with each other
1 skill set of walking again normally, while the other getting back the skills to be that ole ye GraveRobber

How scary is it Drizzay that even I don't touch Bounties or Dailies or I'm on like 10+ hours lol

1 good thing to report is I lost roughly 75 lbs so far, only 175 to go, will go fast when I become more mobile, eating light and doing my daily leg/feet exercises to get me going

Arrrammis

Need 3 for a fresh Crota normal run

PSN PS4 Kaijuseijin

Starting now. Join on me
Are you still looking to run? I jumped in and everyone just left (I don't smell that badly, do I?)

Anyhoo, I'm looking to get a raid going. Preferably VoG, but I'd be fine with either. Just want a reason to play destiny.

PSN is Arrrammis

patchday

I don't think the glimmer cap is broken.

Did you go on the gaf GK glimmer runs? You'll hit the small cap in a few mins. Then next thing you know- just buy 1 upgrade from Xur and that's 7k gone. Only thing that'll get you back is those blue polyphages which we smart enough to stack up.

Now- if they will change this to just 1500 then that'll be sweet but upgrading .equipment will still be a drain

It's funny but I barely play this game as it is nowadays. But just upgrading my old "Found Verdict" today to 300 set me back a couple thousand. This means I am supposed to get back on the hamster wheel and grind the glimmer. But I don't have time since I got other games to play, etc.

If we had a large glimmer cap- I could've stayed in the GK Glimmer run and earned a 100k so I wouldn't need to grind for a few months (as seldom as I play now that would last me)

This is the only RPG I play that has such a silly low money cap. I would just drop the game altogether- but I do find it fun to play casually 2-3 hrs a week

guess bungie figures you'd be buying stuff when you hit the cap, and then using consumables each time you play to earn it back.

but then consumables started being used as currency...

the whole thing was a mess. i don't think increasing the cap would do any harm, nor should it really be a problem. unless last gen can't handle a cap passed 25k...

shem935

Banned
Are you still looking to run? I jumped in and everyone just left (I don't smell that badly, do I?)

Anyhoo, I'm looking to get a raid going. Preferably VoG, but I'd be fine with either. Just want a reason to play destiny.

PSN is Arrrammis

Would be up for a VOG as well. Need that foil.

patchday

guess bungie figures you'd be buying stuff when you hit the cap, and then using consumables each time you play to earn it back.

but then consumables started being used as currency...

the whole thing was a mess. i don't think increasing the cap would do any harm, nor should it really be a problem. unless last gen can't handle a cap passed 25k...

Yep

When I sit down and at least think bout my issues with the PVE side of the game I'm actually fairly content. It's just the glimmer cap that bugs me

Now on the PVP side I have a bit more issues. Such as they need to at least drown the Crucible players with more loot (I'm not even asking for exotic drop increases- I just want green armor drop rates increased)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom