• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again for invite! I couldn't hear driz at all cuz of nat issues.

But dat fatebringer! Finally.. Now to level it up

So jelly... Most of my old group had Fatebringer. Some even had it for their 3 chars. I never got it...

A buddy got MIDA in our NF this week. Since you guys like it for the Abyss I'm gonna get it as well, just in case I get to run CE again.

Thanks again for invite! I couldn't hear driz at all cuz of nat issues.

But dat fatebringer! Finally.. Now to level it up

NAT errors are so frustrating. I never know if we're talking at the same time or who is saying what, they bug the heck out of me.

On the bright side, two new FBringer owners out of the runs is pretty sweet. Congrats on the drop and enjoy it!

So I'm exploring the gorgon maze by myself and it's actually kinda fun since I've never really checked it out. Now I think I may understand where I'm going instead of always having to rely on following someone.

Why couldn't the Vex be in the chest though. Why must I rely on Atheon only :(

So I'm exploring the gorgon maze by myself and it's actually kinda fun since I've never really checked it out. Now I think I may understand where I'm going instead of always having to rely on following someone.

I love walking around at Gorgon maze solo, just hanging out and listening to the sounds they make. Especially on NM, once you learn their locations and patrol routes you can walk around freely, in harmony with their movement.

Commune with the Gorgons. Be one with the Gorgons.

VoG flawless for shits and giggles. No serious business allowed.

No biggie, perhaps tomorrow then.

Sorry again for not being around when you were looking even though it didn't seem like there were many people available anyway. I'll definitely be around this weekend if we can find a good time. Obviously VoG Flawless is not the most in-demand activity. Could be fun to stream it during the weekend or something if people are around to watch.

How scary is it Drizzay that even I don't touch Bounties or Dailies or I'm on like 10+ hours lol

When you hopped in the party chat and said you were downloading PS+ games... then I saw you in OddWorld and Apotheon... well, I just didn't know how to feel about that.

You'll be off and running in Destiny and IRL in no time!

- How am I supposed to counter someone using TLW 2-3 shotting people from mid-range? I just don't understand how stuff like that is still possible, meanwhile when using the weapon myself I seem to completely suck with it, is there something I'm missing? :p.

Not sure if you read it already or not but Zoba's TLW guide that's posted in the OP is excellent: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=160766797&postcount=971

I love walking around at Gorgon maze solo, just hanging out and listening to the sounds they make. Especially on NM, once you learn their locations and patrol routes you can walk around freely, in harmony with their movement.

Commune with the Gorgons. Be one with the Gorgons.
I think I'll just stick to punching them in the face.

Also has anyone tried that exotic trick? I think i have enough blue engrams to give it a shot, but I'm just curious to know if anyone has confirmed it.

RemiLP

Not a bad idea. Might try this. I always just stick to the back infront of me. Have no idea where in going :p

What exotic trick?

Video was posted that claimed if you had a bunch of blue engrams you could start decrypting them until one of the blues turned into a legendary item. Then you had to immediately decrypt an available legendary engram and it was "guaranteed" to turn into an exotic. Something about how the RNG system was on a timer and the blue --> purple meant you were in the right window for engrams upgrading their quality level.

Supposedly the guy repeated it successfully 15 times but people tried it here with 0 success. Either they had 20+ blues that never went purple, or when they got that part to work the legendary engram would still give them ass mats/legendary quality stuff.

It was either very quickly patched or it was bogus to begin with I guess.

Namikaze1

Sorry again for not being around when you were looking even though it didn't seem like there were many people available anyway. I'll definitely be around this weekend if we can find a good time. Obviously VoG Flawless is not the most in-demand activity. Could be fun to stream it during the weekend or something if people are around to watch.
I couldn't make it due to a family matter I had to deal with. I could run anytime this weekend except during Game of Thrones this Sunday. That's GoT time. Nothing else matters. :p

M3Rocket

Video was posted that claimed if you had a bunch of blue engrams you could start decrypting them until one of the blues turned into a legendary item. Then you had to immediately decrypt an available legendary engram and it was "guaranteed" to turn into an exotic. Something about how the RNG system was on a timer and the blue --> purple meant you were in the right window for engrams upgrading their quality level.

Supposedly the guy repeated it successfully 15 times but people tried it here with 0 success. Either they had 20+ blues that never went purple, or when they got that part to work the legendary engram would still give them ass mats/legendary quality stuff.

It's bogus is my vote.

You couldn't "save" engrams and reward packages prior to TDB and decrpyt it afterwards for a chance at getting a TDB weapon, armor, etc. I think I remember reading from a Bungie person that when the engram and reward packages pop, the roll as to what the reward is determined at the time the engram/package is generated. NOT when it's decrypted.

It's the same type of red herring that someone posted on Reddit a long time ago about the speed in turning in your bounties to Xander. That when you turn them in quickly enough, Xander will reward you with a Weapon Bounty.

It's bogus is my vote.

You couldn't "save" engrams and reward packages prior to TDB and decrpyt it afterwards for a chance at getting a TDB weapon, armor, etc. I think I remember reading from a Bungie person that when the engram and reward packages pop, the roll as to what the reward is determined at the time the engram/package is generated. NOT when it's decrypted.

It's the same type of red herring that someone posted on Reddit a long time ago about the speed in turning in your bounties to Xander. That when you turn them in quickly enough, Xander will reward you with a Weapon Bounty.

I'm almost positive i remember opening a vanguard package i received pre-dlc and receiving a dark below gun.

I do recall reading the engram thing too and just figured the same rules didn't apply to packages.

Either way, i have more saved up and will open them when new dlc is out!

Yeah, a few people in here confirmed it didn't work for them.

Someone said that decrypting a legendary engram right after (like, in the same second or less) a blue engram decrypted to a legendary guaranteed an exotic.

Ah, ok. I would guess it's bogus.

Got a legendary engram yesterday in the daily. Went to Rahool in the slight hope of getting something interesting. 2 energies. Glad to see RNG didn't change in the 3 months I was absent. :p

Played a couple of ROC strikes with a couple of randoms before going to sleep. 2nd strike reward for one of the randoms ( the one with the lowest kill score) was Hawkmoon, which I don't have. I wasn't mad, just surprised and laughed. I guess I've become desensitized to getting shafted by RNG.

I've run a ton of 24 and 26 strikes and never got an exotic from them. Even legendaries are incredibly rare for me. It always surprises me when people get exotics from them.

M3Rocket

I'm almost positive i remember opening a vanguard package i received pre-dlc and receiving a dark below gun.

I do recall reading the engram thing too and just figured the same rules didn't apply to packages.

Either way, i have more saved up and will open them when new dlc is out!

Hmmm. The way I remember it was that someone asked Bungie about whether they could save packages prior to the TBD launch for exactly that reason. And the answer was no. So instead, many of us ranked up vanguard, crucible and factions right to within 50-75 XP of ranking up. Then AFTER TDB launched, we turned in bounties while rotating faction handkerchiefs, armbands, etc and got several rank-up packages that resulted in some TDB gear.

The best rank-up "bug" I've seen was when Kadey cashed in like 20-daily public event packages for Ascendant Energy/Shards when TDB was new. Everyone else was so jelly that she got to level up weapons and armor faster than anyone else because of it. :)

Hmmm. The way I remember it was that someone asked Bungie about whether they could save packages prior to the TBD launch for exactly that reason. And the answer was no. So instead, many of us ranked up vanguard, crucible and factions right to within 50-75 XP of ranking up. Then AFTER TDB launched, we turned in bounties while rotating faction handkerchiefs, armbands, etc and got several rank-up packages that resulted in some TDB gear.

That's exactly what I'm doing now in preparation for HoW. Got a few factions set and ready so far.

Deku Tree

K5lepP7.jpg

Nami he was in the video! You knew it!

Thrak360

Neo Member
I can't seem to find the details right now, but what are the default perks on the Crucible vendor's Saterienne Rapier? I got one from an engram last night, but seems like a crappy roll. So much so that might be best to just scrap the one I got, and buy it from the vendor someday.

My Rapier came with Who's Next, Third Eye, and Snapshot/Hammer Forged/Custom Optics. Note, I am a Hunter who plays with Knucklehead Radar.

Thanks.

EDIT: Oh, and as I see it being discussed right now, the Rapier was gotten from a purple engram, the result of the "exotic trick" not working for me. lol

Atone13

Good run guys. Reacquired the chest for my warlock which was the last piece I needed for him.

Grats! That was a fun run, thank you again guys for my first HM VOG clear. I may not have gotten much in the way of drops, but I walked out of there with enough shards to get myself leveled up to 31, pretty happy about that.

I couldn't make it due to a family matter I had to deal with. I could run anytime this weekend except during Game of Thrones this Sunday. That's GoT time. Nothing else matters. :p

Cool, sounds good. Hopefully we can manage to find a time given people all over the world with different schedules and time zones. I'll definitely be around and keeping an eye on the thread.

It's bogus is my vote.

Ah, ok. I would guess it's bogus.

Yeah, for sure. If something sounds too good to be true...

If those of you looking to do a VoG flawless need 1, I would be down. I started a new character and need to run VoG normal once, so why not do it flawlessly?

I can't seem to find the details right now, but what are the default perks on the Crucible vendor's Saterienne Rapier? I got one from an engram last night, but seems like a crappy roll. So much so that might be best to just scrap the one I got, and buy it from the vendor someday.

My Rapier came with Who's Next, Third Eye, and Snapshot/Hammer Forged/Custom Optics. Note, I am a Hunter who plays with Knucklehead Radar.

Thanks.

EDIT: Oh, and as I see it being discussed right now, the Rapier was gotten from a purple engram, the result of the "exotic trick" not working for me. lol

The vendor Saterienne Rapier comes with Outlaw, High Caliber Rounds/Hammer Forged/Armor Piercing Rounds and Firefly, which are pretty OK perks. I actually prefer my Gheleons Demise, which has almost the same perks, but with more impact. Third Eye is imo an useless perk outside some occasions in PvP, but I see you're already wearing the Knucklehead Radar, which does essentially the same. If you have the Crucible marks and really want a Rapier, I suggest you buy the one from the vendor.

Deku Tree

I'm gonna start upgrading some weapons that I never bothered to upgrade because it didn't seem worth it with all the old resets. But I'm only upgrading up to all the perks. Not gonna upgrade the last four extra damage nodes. Not worth it until I know exactly what is Bungies Damage system for upgrades in HoW.

Thrak360

Neo Member
The vendor Saterienne Rapier comes with Outlaw, High Caliber Rounds/Hammer Forged/Armor Piercing Rounds and Firefly, which are pretty OK perks. I actually prefer my Gheleons Demise, which has almost the same perks, but with more impact. Third Eye is imo an useless perk outside some occasions in PvP, but I see you're already wearing the Knucklehead Radar, which does essentially the same. If you have the Crucible marks and really want a Rapier, I suggest you buy the one from the vendor.
Thanks. The vendor version sounds better than what I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom