• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen dude really is one of the worst characters Bungie has ever made.

Quite the opposite, really. For a character that has such small screen time, he sure did invoke quite a reaction from a very large amount of players.

He is a terrible person, but an amazing character. Characters like him and the Queen give me hope that Bungie still has some writing talent floating around somewhere. Both characters had the same amount of screen time, and both characters got very strong reactions from characters.

Meanwhile the Speaker and the Stranger were forgotten after the player went to sleep for the night.

E92 M3

Quite the opposite, really. For a character that has such small screen time, he sure did invoke quite a reaction from a very large amount of players.

He is a terrible person, but an amazing character. Characters like him and the Queen give me hope that Bungie still has some writing talent floating around somewhere. Both characters had the same amount of screen time, and both characters got very strong reactions from characters.

Meanwhile the Speaker and the Stranger were forgotten after the player went to sleep for the night.

I read a lot of books with horrible people that are great characters (an easy example being Tywin), but this queen dude just annoying.

Queen is cool.

ich00

I found you guys, ok. I need raid buddies. I have a Lv. 28 hunter and the expansion pass. I play on Xbox One.

Welcome! You'll find lots of great people in here.

There's a post in the OP that has a list of the xbox players who hang around the thread and post #2 has a clan for xbox gafers that you can join to connect as well. Otherwise keep on the look out for people looking to for a raid group, or post somehting to get your own going.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I read a lot of books with horrible people that are great characters (an easy example being Tywin), but this queen dude just annoying.

Queen is cool.

I had to google each, as I don't remember either of them :(

I'm going for Rumble wins and it is so goddamn infuriating. I even took my router out and connected the PS4 straight to the ONT. I basically hate all Europeans now.

Any couple souls that wanna do fast DS and Crota normal mode? Ill be free to do HM after.

How many more do you need? Just finished watching that film, so I'm up for a quick normal Raid. Still need that Swordbreaker!

I'm going for Rumble wins and it is so goddamn infuriating. I even took my router out and connected the PS4 straight to the ONT. I basically hate all Europeans now.

I gave up on Rumble a long time ago (US-EAST). Might revisit it one day if I start doing more Crucible, but it seemed to mostly be one or two guys holding their own high traffic areas, one guy camping a no-traffic zone, and the other 3 being pigeons ripe for braining as they passed through the two other zones (and briefly hold if they get it).

Raybunny

How many more do you need? Just finished watching that film, so I'm up for a quick normal Raid. Still need that Swordbreaker!

I gave up on Rumble a long time ago (US-EAST). Might revisit it one day if I start doing more Crucible, but it seemed to mostly be one or two guys holding their own high traffic areas, one guy camping a no-traffic zone, and the other 3 being pigeons ripe for braining as they passed through the two other zones (and briefly hold if they get it).

Yes, finished one but still need 2 more times.

E92 M3

For some reason HoW coming out is causing me a lot of stress. Right now I am very happy with Destiny nothing needs to be accomplished and I can just play. With HoW, there will be so many new things to catch up on and I won't have time for any other games. I swear my OCD and perfectionist personality drives me crazy sometimes.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Rumble is rage inducing. I need a bunch of wins for that Grimiore score. I... just can't deal with all the BS.

Namikaze1

So what's everyone plan for May 19?

I haven't decided yet if I'll play The Witcher 3 (I have it digitally preordered) or try out Prison of Elders. I'll be playing that day. Just don't know what. I'm leaning towards trying out PoE for a bit.

I haven't decided yet if I'll play The Witcher 3 (I have it digitally preordered) or try out Prison of Elders. I'll be playing that day. Just don't know what. I'm leaning towards trying out PoE for a bit.

Rumor has it, youll have to complete all the story content before PoE unlocks. so ill be doing that first across all 3 characters before trying out PoE

Probably taking off the 20th so I can stay up late on the 19th and game all the next day.

i'm taking the day off to enjoy all the DLC goodness

Homeboyd

For some reason HoW coming out is causing me a lot of stress. Right now I am very happy with Destiny nothing needs to be accomplished and I can just play. With HoW, there will be so many new things to catch up on and I won't have time for any other games. I swear my OCD and perfectionist personality drives me crazy sometimes.
With your luck, you will literally get every new item in one of those PoE packages on day 1. All exotics (for every character), all PoE and ToO gear, a pack of 100 etherics, the new ships and every new faction weapon with 1000 motes to reforge them.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Sorry again for not being around when you were looking even though it didn't seem like there were many people available anyway. I'll definitely be around this weekend if we can find a good time. Obviously VoG Flawless is not the most in-demand activity.

We were close, but it looks like RL got in the way. We had six, three online, and three that thought they would be able to make it.

I'll be keeping an eye on things, but work 12 hour shifts over the weekend, so it's unlikely that I'll be able to participate.

Shito

The queen's brother is the worst character in the game, while the queen is the best one.
Makes for a nice contrast...

I don't intend on burning through HoW's content, so I won't take any day off to play it.
I suppose just like last time we'll have to advance in the story mode to unlock its strike / the weekly and NF.

RetroMG

I'll be in Disneyland. Which, on the one hand, yay Disneyland! But I am a little sad that I'll be missing the HoW launch.

But I'll be back that Friday to start attacking the Prison of Elders.

Namikaze1

Rumor has it, youll have to complete all the story content before PoE unlocks. so ill be doing that first across all 3 characters before trying out PoE
Ugh. I hope Nightfall isn't one of the new strikes that day and isn't locked behind some "story" reasons like TDB was. :/

Probably taking off the 20th so I can stay up late on the 19th and game all the next day.

i'm taking the day off to enjoy all the DLC goodness
I wish I had a job. :(
Didn't help that I was on crutches when I got called in for interviews two weeks back. :'(

NAMI I HEAR YOU'RE TALKING SHIT ABOUT THAT QUEEN DUDE

you wanna fight
Meet me somewhere!

Shito

Ugh. I hope Nightfall isn't one of the new strikes that day and isn't locked behind some "story" reasons like TDB was. :/
You know damn well the new strike will be that week's NF.
The only question is whether or not they will force us to unlock it again or not.
I hope not, because it's a pain in the ass to do on all 3 characters...

WipedOut

I know what you mean, Finally have everything done for Crota and only really want to run on normal now. Love going through VOG, really want to try and obtain all the armor for all classes now.

I've taken the 18-20th off, going to be a fun time for destiny. (Yes I really took time off for a video game)

Thanks to PrivateHudson and Moridhin for the nightfall runs last night. Apologize for my drunken, sloppy, (but hopefully entertaining) play.

Strange coins, legendary fusion rifle, and assmats... awesome...

The hunt for the horn is really losing steam...

Ha...I'm pretty sure that I died just as much, and I didn't have an excuse. One shot hobgoblin snipers are no joke. Had fun as always, even if the loot was poop.

Deku Tree

That's not a Rumor. Dee said it directly in the twitch stream. All end game stuff will be locked behindl completing story missions.

Namikaze1

You know damn well the new strike will be that week's NF.
The only question is whether or not they will force us to unlock it again or not.
I hope not, because it's a pain in the ass to do on all 3 characters...
You know as well as I do that's exactly what they'll do.

We were close, but it looks like RL got in the way. We had six, three online, and three that thought they would be able to make it.

I'll be keeping an eye on things, but work 12 hour shifts over the weekend, so it's unlikely that I'll be able to participate.

ick.... what job would be so cruel. I hope you make good money for those hours.

That's not a Rumor. Dee said it directly in the twitch stream. All end game stuff will be locked behindl completing story missions.

thats where I heard it. kinda of sucks. I wont be able to take that day off as I will be fresh in a new job and dont want to be "that guy" at a new place. however it will give me that week to level up and grind the stories so I can be fully preprared for the weekend.

hopefully we get a new "murmur"

I guess the silver lining is I don't expect them to take more than 1-1.5 hrs to finish.

I'll be reset.. PoE'ing same as any other week. We still don't know a lot of concrete details like how long it'll take to hit Lv33 and 34, what levels the PoE enemies will scale to, Etheric light confirmed drop spots/chances per week etc. Once all the reveals are finished hopefully there'll be a clearer picture of what each weekly reset will look like going forward. How long will PoE take to clear each week? I'd expect a Lv32 activity to scale to 34 enemies by the end, same as NM VoG and CE.

Only being able to go through the new content with 2 buddies is such a freaking bummer. Last I heard all our usual crew was coming back for HoW but nothing nailed down. We should at least get two 3-man teams to hang out in party chat and talk about all the new stuff. World's First PoE Scrub Masters!

Ugh. I hope Nightfall isn't one of the new strikes that day and isn't locked behind some "story" reasons like TDB was.

I wish I had a job. :(
Didn't help that I was on crutches when I got called in for interviews two weeks back. :'(

yeah, i think someone mentioned that Deej said that the strike will be locked behind completing the stories.
i thought you're a student from the posts on the blog?
ouch, didn't know that you had injured yourself. seems like it's going around (graverobber). hope that you're back on your feet!

E92 M3

With your luck, you will literally get every new item in one of those PoE packages on day 1. All exotics (for every character), all PoE and ToO gear, a pack of 100 etherics, the new ships and every new faction weapon with 1000 motes to reforge them.

I wouldn't worry about it.

I actually hope so, but with each DLC RNG luck changes for everyone. We'll see...

I know what you mean, Finally have everything done for Crota and only really want to run on normal now. Love going through VOG, really want to try and obtain all the armor for all classes now.

I've taken the 18-20th off, going to be a fun time for destiny. (Yes I really took time off for a video game)

We've all been there. I took vacation for Titanfall lol (it was glorious).

Shito

You know as well as I do that's exactly what they'll do.
Well...

... yeah, that seems to settle it. ^^
Hope it'll be like TDB at least, where you didn't need to complete all the missions to unlock the strike. I still haven't finished the urn quest one single time to this day...

I guess the silver lining is I don't expect them to take more than 1-1.5 hrs to finish.

I'll be reset.. PoE'ing same as any other week. We still don't know a lot of concrete details like how long it'll take to hit Lv33 and 34, what levels the PoE enemies will scale to, Etheric light confirmed drop spots/chances per week etc. Once all the reveals are finished hopefully there'll be a clearer picture of what each weekly reset will look like going forward. How long will PoE take to clear each week? I'd expect a Lv32 activity to scale to 34 enemies by the end, same as NM VoG and CE.

Only being able to go through the new content with 2 buddies is such a freaking bummer. Last I heard all our usual crew was coming back for HoW but nothing nailed down. We should at least get two 3-man teams to hang out in party chat and talk about all the new stuff. World's First PoE Scrub Masters!

it will be easy for sure to get PoE groups together but damn am I going to miss the 6 man/woman comoderie that comes with 6 man activities. at least we will still have VOG for that. and with the new upgrade system it wont be hard to get players together for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom