• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

yeah, i think someone mentioned that Deej said that the strike will be locked behind completing the stories.
i thought you're a student from the posts on the blog?
ouch, didn't know that you had injured yourself. seems like it's going around (graverobber). hope that you're back on your feet!
I am a student but I'm in need of a job. :p

Didn't injured myself. I got jumped back in March. :/

Well...

... yeah, that seems to settle it. ^^
Hope it'll be like TDB at least, where you didn't need to complete all the missions to unlock the strike. I still haven't finished the urn quest one single time to this day...

you should do it at least once to "do it" besides the last mission is actually quite fun. ive only done it once myself

Impala26

So, are any of the Sparrow Drives from Xur worth it?
Seems like a steep price when I'm still collecting exotics and run low on coins each week.

finally got this trophy...
JzKlXV1.jpg

I am a student but I'm in need of a job. :p

Didn't injured myself. I got jumped back in March. :/
oh i remember that. hope that you're doing better!

Thanks for the Nightfall, Toaster. Almost pulled that stunt off. Almost.

Also, thanks Raybunny for the DS cp. It's great to finally have Swordbreaker, and it was cool to have a few exotics drop even if they were dupes (Hard Light @ DS, SUROS at Crota).

So, are any of the Sparrow Drives from Xur worth it?
Seems like a steep price when I'm still collecting exotics and run low on coins each week.

Noup unless you want a colored one for your colored sparrow, with a free upgrade that adds more durability and legendary status.

HigXx

Only two trophies I need are Flawless Raider and the Clan Raid one. It's more a pain to the lack of people around just now, hopefully get them when HoW comes out

Also does anyone else thing the Iron Banner helmets really don't look nice at all?

That Legendary Engram from the NF delivered!
Delivered Energy, that is, to go with the Energy spoils as the NF award

Edit: Was nice that I figured out that switching tvs (1080p is so good) means changing brightness. This tv I set to be a bit darker than the mud-vision plasma, so weeks prior it looked like the darkness won until I came to that shocking revelation today.

I just picked up the dark below after taking a long break. Is it worth trading in some exotics to xur for an upgrade? Griding and leveling guns all over again sound very tedious is it worth is?

I just picked up the dark below after taking a long break. Is it worth trading in some exotics to xur for an upgrade? Griding and leveling guns all over again sound very tedious is it worth is?

Well, upgrading any you haven't leveled up should be fine.

The rest...might be better to wait for the HoW patch in a few weeks.
Alright to help a friend any soul whiling to join on DS + Crota NM? Fast run.

I'll jump in. Gotta switch to an alt.

witness

Got back into this in the last week or so after taking 2 months off. Got rid of my two shitty blues that I was stuck with, including my first exotic piece, and am up to level 29 now. I think I'm kind of screwed though because unless I raid, I won't get ascendant shards needed to fully upgrade all these pieces of legendary armor. I went and did like half of a raid, and the experience was fine and fun, but I was just a nervous wreck worrying I would screw something up. Is there any other way to get them? I might give it another shot this weekend, or just wait for house of wolves go from there.

Rhaegar

Got back into this in the last week or so after taking 2 months off. Got rid of my two shitty blues that I was stuck with, including my first exotic piece, and am up to level 29 now. I think I'm kind of screwed though because unless I raid, I won't get ascendant shards needed to fully upgrade all these pieces of legendary armor. I went and did like half of a raid, and the experience was fine and fun, but I was just a nervous wreck worrying I would screw something up. Is there any other way to get them? I might give it another shot this weekend, or just wait for house of wolves go from there.

Now is the perfect time to get into the raids, especially if you're just looking for the normal mode versions. Everyone has run Crota's End so much that it's pretty much autopilot. My one recommendation is to make sure you find a group that is willing to do a quick explanation before each new encounter (really only takes a minute or two tops, so shouldn't be a hardship for them). The way raids are running these days, you don't even have to contribute that much during each encounter for teams to breeze through, which gives you time to learn the encounter in a relatively stress-free environment.

Everything I just said goes out the window in hard mode of course. That's just an unforgiving laggy b*tch that takes every inadvertent death on your part and rubs your team's face in it.

mamoui

You can get some with daily mission, public events and nightfall. Your first public évent of the day also give you a package at the postmaster guarenteed to give you a shard an energy, a strange coin or a mote of light.

Well, upgrading any you haven't leveled up should be fine.

The rest...might be better to wait for the HoW patch in a few weeks.

I'll jump in. Gotta switch to an alt.

Thanks I haven't played since like end of November and I'm so lost. So they are changing exotic upgrades again? I thought it was just legendary items.

i'm down.

Ok cool. If no one else from GAF seems interested, will fill out the group with LFG peeps. How many times are you looking to kill Crota xD?

Also, what is the verdict on MK. 44 STAND ASIDES? Saw them reviewed terribly, but some other folks were saying they are great for PVP.

Hung Wei Lo

finally got this trophy...
JzKlXV1.jpg

I just recently got this to complete the PVE trophies; considering I don't PVP at all, I wonder if I can be considered a Guardian Lord, but with an asterisk (I've done flawless on both CE and VOG, but the credit for it would probably show on the CE one - that should account for something, right?) :/

Mindlog

I'm going for Rumble wins and it is so goddamn infuriating. I even took my router out and connected the PS4 straight to the ONT. I basically hate all Europeans now.
Yeah, I have some great lag GIFs lying around waiting to be made.

After a small break I've been very inconsistent with just about everything and doubly so for my Hunter. Yesterday I tried to solo CE. My deaths by source.
1. Jumping the bridge. I tried constructing the bridge, but Sword Doucher didn't want to come center.
2. Greed. Jumped to my death after the bridge section to make getting the chest easier.
3. Boredom. Not sure if I've ever bothered clearing post-Deathsinger mobs.

I #TeamFirstTried Crota.

I've also started clearing up some of the easier exotic bounties for shards. Went into the Crucible for Invective and almost left before the match started because it was 6 randos vs a team. That's why I have 0 captures here.
Knew we were going to lose, but so close to finishing the bounty in one game. Damn! I stayed because it was Delphi and we were A. Figured I could play conservatively and count on the enemy team attacking A. Red Death, Gjallarhorn and Achlyophage Symbiote took care of the rest. I wish matchmaking received a little more attention. Pubs are fun for me because of how random they can be even if I lose more games than I win. However, most of the time teams vs pubs is a total stomp. It's the equivalent of Omnigul or Undying coming up in a Roc strike. Bungie is making tweaks to PvE to make certain draws more attractive. Do the same for PvP.

Impala26

Thanks I haven't played since like end of November and I'm so lost. So they are changing exotic upgrades again? I thought it was just legendary items.

Upgrades of existing weapons and gear are no longer going to have anything to do with gear. You will be able to do them at any time provided you acquire the HoW material "etheric light" for legendaries and exotic shards for exotics.

What does POE stand for.

Prison of Elders

Ophelion

The exotic bounty to get the Thorn is driving me fucking nuts. Thank god my main is a Warlock or this Crucible phase would probably give me an aneurism.

But my brother keeps crowing about how great it is! :-( Neeeeeeeeeeed to get it!

No no no, definitely don't upgrade any 300 max Attack exotics at Xur now. You will be able to level vanilla aka 300 weapons directly to the new 365 Attack level when HoW launches. Upgrading now would also reset all the XP you've invested so far but upgrading during HoW will not reset it.

All the details are still kinda sketchy so if I'm off base on this someone please let me know...

Kalamari

Don't delete any of your favorite legendary weapons from vanilla, they can be upgraded! I really regret dismatling my AF1whatever scout rifle, but luckily I held onto my TDYK.

I just recently got this to complete the PVE trophies; considering I don't PVP at all, I wonder if I can be considered a Guardian Lord, but with an asterisk (I've done flawless on both CE and VOG, but the credit for it would probably show on the CE one - that should account for something, right?) :/

I know it sounds cliche but I don't think it would be fair to the 90 people already on the list to start bending GLord rules. It's just a game and no one probably cares that much about a few trophies but the PvP trophies are not that big of a grind honestly. Maxing all 3 character subclasses is the only real Platinum grind.

Maybe try to tag along with some Gaf groups next time Salvage comes to get 2 birds with one stone with the 100 Crucible marks? Although Iron Banner/Control is definitely the best mode for getting the "kill one of each class in ~5 seconds" trophy. That one is more luck than anything, I randomly got it with a Titan super in one of my first matches.

Lima

Who still grabs the first chest in Crota they said. Radiant materials will be useless come HoW they said while laughing at me still collecting them.

Well guess who is laughing now.

tumblr_lmhfjvhcke1ql51daii.gif

Also, what is the verdict on MK. 44 STAND ASIDES? Saw them reviewed terribly, but some other folks were saying they are great for PVP.

Great is an exaggeration but they are good and can be nice for shoulder charging fools. But you already get 5 seconds of active time, so another 5 isn't critical imo.

For my money Armamentarium is the top Titan PvP exotic, not crazy about Saint Helm since anyone dumb enough to rush the bubble without a super doesn't need another handicap for you to be able to kill them. And anyone that knows what's up will blind-Blade-Dance you just fine. The Crest one with fast revives is great for the 3v3 modes, useless in 6v6.

Deku Tree

Who still grabs the first chest in Crota they said. Radiant materials will be useless come HoW they said while laughing at me still collecting them.

I still skip it even though I know about the HoW details. Unless it's just there on the first try. Then I grab it.

E92 M3

I still grab the gorgon chest, too. Never leave loot on the table ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom