• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

All Titan exotics have their bubbles unlocked.

Only 3 exotics remain for my Warlock.

5 for my Hunter.

5 exotic weapons in total.

I'll be done before May 19.

Mindlog

I still skip it even though I know about the HoW details. Unless it's just there on the first try. Then I grab it.
It's really easy to grab after crossing the bridge.

Cross the Bridge.
Get loot.
Come back as enemies stop respawning and no weight of darkness.

Yeah, I have some great lag GIFs lying around waiting to be made...

I wish matchmaking received a little more attention. Pubs are fun for me because of how random they can be even if I lose more games than I win. However, most of the time teams vs pubs is a total stomp. It's the equivalent of Omnigul or Undying coming up in a Roc strike. Bungie is making tweaks to PvE to make certain draws more attractive. Do the same for PvP.

Ooh, that reminds me of a pretty good lag one I saved from our Gaf-training yesterday, might throw it up in a bit. Love me some gifs. Curious about what PvP MM changes you'd want to see? There are a lot of issues like you said.

Pubs are boring to me because the game loses any semblance of strategy and team work, although I can understand the manic charm other people might enjoy. On the other hand, being in a team steam rolling pubs match after match (like yesterday) is tons of fun... for a while. It can grow kinda stale when there's zero competition since it has the same effect of marginalizing strategy. Of course you can still stick to strats, give call outs etc. but it's only natural for teams to lose interest in that when every match is a 10k+ blowout.

Not sure how other multiplayer games foster better competition? Ranked matches or w/e?

E92 M3

NAz47We.jpg

Current stash - and I have tons of dupes that I don't want to dismantle yet.

XYGOIpn.jpg

Not exactly crazy about the IB helmet aesthetics. I guess every class can just use their exotic helm with the IB gear.

At least this Crucible announcer quote accurately describes what people should do during a match:

You fight to win, Guardian. So fight!

Unlike that "Capture the Zones!" nonsense which is the most flagrant false advertising this side of Stoner's Pot Palace.

How come sometimes Crota will let you walk right up to him on his podium and some times he'll instastomp you the minute you go visible again? This happened to me twice the other night, and I haven't even fired a shot after leaving the ledge.

GhaleonEB

Do you ever spend anything on anything?

He's got a lot more mats than I, but I'm sitting on lots of motes of light (around 340). Never spent one, since there's nothing worth spending them on. Looks like that might finally be changing.

Now, what to do with 1200+ sapphire wire...

How come sometimes Crota will let you walk right up to him on his podium and some times he'll instastomp you the minute you go visible again? This happened to me twice the other night, and I haven't even fired a shot after leaving the ledge.

Are you saying his insta stomps on your initial jump up after going invis on the rock? Or you mean you smacks you even though you did the Blink strike invis after the first shield break?

Honestly can't think of any times he stomped me when my invis was active on the initial jump up there.

It even congratulates you with a "You control all zones, good job!" when that just means you've futzed up.

Lol good point. Forgot about that chestnut. Bungie pls. Do all the blueberries a favor and rename Control as "Team Deathmatch w Score Modifiers."

gspec

He's got a lot more mats than I, but I'm sitting on lots of motes of light (around 340). Never spent one, since there's nothing worth spending them on. Looks like that might finally be changing.

Do you upgrade anything?

Are you saying his insta stomps on your initial jump up after going invis on the rock? Or you mean you smacks you even though you did the Blink strike invis after the first shield break?

Honestly can't think of any times he stomped me when my invis was active on the initial jump up there.
When my super runs out just before I reach him for the first time, sometimes he's just chill about it but the other night, it was instant stomp. If I had another run, I would have crouched at the rock to invis.

Deku Tree

I have 145 motes. I get 9+ a week from the Eris NF bounty etc. I used to spend them on Exotic engrams but I don't anymore now that I have everything. They are also a cheap source of exotic shards if you need them.

Now motes are also good for rerolling HoW gear.

So this week in IB the weapons will be the fusion and pulse rifles?

Have they announced that or it's just what should be next in the rotation? Can't recall ever seeing the IB pulse but I assume it was sold during a previous event I skipped.

Can't imagine I'd bother buying a new Peruns nowadays given the Crucible FR extinction event. Plus it's kinda like the Auto Rifle in the sense of not making a max impact weapon for its class, which makes it useless to me in PvE given all the great FRs I already have.

The two drops will be the previous two sold guns, which were the Jolders MG and the... AR? HC? Can't remember for sure...

When my super runs out just before I reach him for the first time, sometimes he's just chill about it but the other night, it was instant stomp. If I had another run, I would have crouched at the rock to invis.

Ah, well yeah that makes sense haha. If your invis runs out it should be an insta-stomp but sometimes his aggro is pulled onto the Titan bubble or he's otherwise distracted. Also if the rockets are taking him down fast enough you can get away with it but that's not a glitch or anything.

Shadow jack invis is 12 seconds so if the sword falls far from the rock it's safest to "top yourself off" with the crouch invis since the two invis sources will stack on top of each other.

Mindlog

Not sure how other multiplayer games foster better competition? Ranked matches or w/e?
The path of least resistance is probably a non-party playlist.
Also 250 credits for every kill when on a random team vs a group :]
http://i.imgur.com/NAz47We.jpg

Nice stash.
I have mostly half that in everything and way less Ascendent Mats. I stopped running VoG for a while and I upgrade lots of stuff. Probably have 3x the Planetary Materials. I had to move Planet Mats out of my Vault and onto each character to makes space for heavy. From there all of their stashes grew because I bought mats to burn off excess marks. Oh I also have close to 2k weapon parts.
It even congratulates you with a "You control all zones, good job!" when that just means you've futzed up.
I'm laughing. So true.
It's somewhat similar to all of the Hard Solo attempts. They're on the platform before Crota kneels most of the time, but every now and then Crota would swat at them. It most likely has to do with lulls in Crota DPS.

E92 M3

The path of least resistance is probably a non-party playlist.
Also 250 credits for every kill when on a random team vs a group :]

Nice stash.
I have mostly half that in everything and way less Ascendent Mats. I stopped running VoG for a while and I upgrade lots of stuff. Probably have 3x the Planetary Materials. I had to move Planet Mats out of my Vault and onto each character to makes space for heavy. From there all of their stashes grew because I bought mats to burn off excess marks. Oh I also have close to 2k weapon parts.

I'm laughing. So true.

It's somewhat similar to all of the Hard Solo attempts. They're on the platform before Crota kneels most of the time, but every now and then Crota would swat at them. It most likely has to do with lulls in Crota DPS.

My planetary mats are spread all because they stupidly can't stack.

WipedOut

NAz47We.jpg

Capture.png

You have me beat on a few, I'm really lacking on Planet Mats, Hadronic and Plasteel. Went 3 class too late in the game.

I also have not run a full raid in quite some time so I'm really lacking in Radiant Mats.

GhaleonEB

Do you upgrade anything?

I upgrade everything. I'm actually always a bit low on ascendant energy since I keep pulling out random legendary weapons for upgrade. I have historically sharded level 30 armor, a habit that I've halted since the upgrade path news.

On the plus side, I'm sitting on 20 commendations.

One sword hard Crota. OMG that orb generation prep.

Holy moly we need new content. Every PvE achievement for months has been some variation of "World's First X Sword Y Team Member(s) Z Level N/HM Crota kill!!!" Shotguns only, no GHorn, no Guns at all, blindfolded standing on your head reciting the ABCs backwards...

The post right below that one is "Worlds 1st One Sword No Gjallarhorn" :-/

ethomaz

Banned
When did you start playing the game? At launch? Do you upgrade many weapons and armor or just a few?
Well I can say from my experience playing the game since launch that I have even more than him upgrading almost every Exotic.

The materials are just too abundant in this game with exceptions of Raid materials in the first weeks... after that it start to have a lot too.

Axoman

You have me beat on a few, I'm really lacking on Planet Mats, Hadronic and Plasteel. Went 3 class too late in the game.

I also have not run a full raid in quite some time so I'm really lacking in Radiant Mats.

You guys have so many weapon parts! I'm probably about ~200 total between my 3 characters.

ethomaz

Banned
You guys have so many weapon parts! I'm probably about ~200 total between my 3 characters.
I get every single green orb I see in my front... and dismantle for 2 weapons parts after decrypt.

So it is not hard to have that much... my last char (created in February) have over 200 parts already.

Deku Tree

Good news is they significantly dropped the class material requirements per node from 25 to 4. Won't need many (from Reddit):

dSQqy4u.jpg

Wow! I think I'm all set with mats for a long time...

Hadronic over 900
sapphire over 500
Plasteel over 500

Planetary mats over 900 of each.

I remember when we had to grind for planetary mats ;_;

There has been a few new Destiny players lately. I raided with some this past weekend. One mentioned they were glad they were not early adopters of the game. They will feel like the rest of us after HoW comes out and makes the first expansion feel archaic. HoW is going to be brilliant.

Axoman

I get every single green orb I see in my front... and dismantle for 2 weapons parts after decrypt.

So it is not hard to have that much... my last char (created in February) have over 200 parts already.

I try to, but my characters don't usually have enough space to always pick up the green orbs. I'm a pack rat and even with the vault space increase, it's full along with weapon slots on 3 characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom