• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Good news is they significantly dropped the class material requirements per node from 25 to 4. Won't need many (from Reddit):

dSQqy4u.jpg
After months of saving up hundreds of class materials on both my hunter and warlock?

Fuck-This-GIF.gif

GhaleonEB

So yesterday I played the Valus strike for the first (and second) time since the nerf. It's made a huge difference. In both cases he never made it across the room. The fight lasted ~3 minutes or so, helped by my unloading the 4th Horseman into his face a few times as he wandered by. It's now one of the shortest boss fights, but I think it's actually about perfect now - it's a brief, intense fight that does not degenerate into a grind. It was actually fun to see how fast he could go down, now that weapons actually make a noticeable dent.

ethomaz

Banned
I try to, but my characters don't usually have enough space to always pick up the green orbs. I'm a pack rat and even with the vault space increase, it's full along with weapon slots on 3 characters.
Green orbs already come decrypted to me... when I don't have spaces I just dismantle the green weapon in game.

BTW I do that in the load screens every time.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Yeah, Valus dies very fast. It actually feels like a fun boss fight now.

There has been a few new Destiny players lately. I raided with some this past weekend. One mentioned they were glad they were not early adopters of the game. They will feel like the rest of us after HoW comes out and makes the first expansion feel archaic. HoW is going to be brilliant.
Yup, Destiny now is a lot different than what it was at launch.

MickeyPhree

Xur was good to me this week. Crest of alpha lupi which will finally get my Hunter to 32 and the mida multi tool which I didn't own.

One of every VoG class armor for Frostburn! Almost as good as a shiny new exotic.

You have Hunger of Crota? That's the poor man's horn.

That man ain't poor, he's flat broke and living out of trash cans.

Save a video shooting a Hungry-Hungry-Scrota rocket and a Gally rocket then compare the hit markers. The HoC clusters don't have tracking so they just fall straight to the ground wherever it detonated. The tracking and especially the sheer number of WP rounds generated is on a whole 'nother level. Accept no substitute.

That said, HoC is still cool and my go-to Heavy when running sword on HM CE so I can use Red Death.

Impala26

Sent you a message list night about a normal mode crota and you never replied.

Sorry about that, I was afk with fiancée for some time it was almost 1am by the time I got back so apologies about that.

Looking for some more casual raids this weekend for sure though, I just can never be 100% what time I'll be on a given night as of late.

Peeps, any tips for taking out Urzok the Hated? I'm a 27 Titan.

Bring a strong arc heavy and or special weapon (he has an arc shield) and a solid primary for his health. You have to remember that there will likely be a ton of other enemies pinging you so you have to be ready to think and move on your toes.

Bringing a coordinated fireteam helps considerably.

*Most important: Bring 1 or preferably 2 friends in your fire team when heading to Skywatch.

The key to the fight is that he has an Arc shield which regenerates extremely quickly if you stop damaging him for more than a split second (i.e. reloading a weapon is too slow). So having a friend or two to keep hitting him with anything, especially damage-over-time stuff like Thorn helps a ton.

The other catch is that his actual HP total is quite low if you can keep his shield down. If you have the Saint-14 Helm with the blinding bubble that works like a charm on him. Just pop it on his face then use an Arc shotty like Secret Handshake (from Vanguard vendor) or Found Verdict from Vault of Glass to waste him fast.

An Arc heavy is excellent if you have it, especially the exotic MG Thunder Lord.

Toa TAK

Banned
Bring a strong arc heavy and or special weapon (he has an arc shield) and a solid primary for his health. You have to remember that there will likely be a ton of other enemies pinging you so you have to be ready to think and move on your toes.

Bringing a coordinated fireteam helps considerably.
Sounds about right. Though I've got bad secondary arcs, they're just rares (a machine gun and sniper rifle) but as for primary I've got an auto rifle (Up For Anything).
Bring some level 30+ friends.
I have none. :(

The next opportunity for this should be in 25 minutes. Wish me luck.
*Most important: Bring 1 or preferably 2 friends in your fire team when heading to Skywatch.

The key to the fight is that he has an Arc shield which regenerates extremely quickly if you stop damaging him for more than a split second (i.e. reloading a weapon is too slow). So having a friend or two to keep hitting him with anything, especially damage-over-time stuff like Thorn helps a ton.

The other catch is that his actual HP total is quite low if you can keep his shield down. If you have the Saint-14 Helm with the blinding bubble that works like a charm on him. Just pop it on his face then use an Arc shotty like Secret Handshake (from Vanguard vendor) or Found Verdict from Vault of Glass to waste him fast.

An Arc heavy is excellent if you have it, especially the exotic MG Thunder Lord.
I've got jack all in terms of armor and guns. Legendary armor, but nothing exotic or all that useful. This is probably the hardest thing for me in this game, even VoG was easier than this. :mad:

You have to remember that there will likely be a ton of other enemies pinging you so you have to be ready to think and move on your toes..

There are actually two versions of the Public Event that can spawn at Skywatch. If you get an actual PE where the Warsat crash lands it's much easier because there are way fewer enemies. The other version that can happen is the "Enemies move against each other" fake-PE where an unholy amount of Hive and Fallen enemies spawn and start fighting each other.

Urzok is much easier to take out if you luck out and get the Warsat PE.

I've got jack all in terms of armor and guns. Legendary armor, but nothing exotic or all that useful. This is probably the hardest thing for me in this game, even VoG was easier than this. :mad:

If you're on PS4 I can join up to help for the next PE and bring my blinding bubble.

I don't have a Thunder Lord but I have basically everything else, haha
;_;

Axoman

Green orbs already come decrypted to me... when I don't have spaces I just dismantle the green weapon in game.

BTW I do that in the load screens every time.

If you don't have a weapon slot open, you can't even pick it up though. Which is often my problem. My weapon slots are full of legendary and exotics, no greens to just get rid of to make space.

Toa TAK

Banned
Since the shotgun buff Found Verdict works really well or try another arc shotty. You might be underleveled for him though I can't remember.
I've got none. Just a few sniper rifles and a Murmur fusion rifle.

There are actually two versions of the Public Event that can spawn at Skywatch. If you get an actual PE where the Warsat crash lands it's much easier because there are way fewer enemies. The other version that can happen is the "Enemies move against each other" fake-PE where an unholy amount of Hive and Fallen enemies spawn and start fighting each other.

Urzok is much easier to take out if you luck out and get the Warsat PE.

This is the one I keep getting.
If you're on PS4 I can join up to help for the next PE and bring my blinding bubble.

I don't have a Thunder Lord but I have basically everything else, haha
;_;

Thanks, but I'm on the Xbox One. :(

Impala26

Sounds about right. Though I've got bad secondary arcs, they're just rares (a machine gun and sniper rifle) but as for primary I've got an auto rifle (Up For Anything).

Above all else, if no one else in the area is focused on him, be sure to expend all ammo across weapons before reloading, then preferably grenade after that, super after that if you've got it. A big issue with him just like the "eliminate the target" public events is that he's got a shield recharge delay of only like 2-3 seconds and it recharges fully in less than a second. You have to do everything in your power to keep causing as much damage as possible before you have to fall back to reload/recharge.

GhaleonEB

You have many, right here in this thread. I'm at work or I'd hop on and help. I'm sure some others could do so as well.

If you can't take him out, I'll help you tonight. 4th Horseman was made for decimating him.

Toa TAK

Banned
Above all else, if no one else in the area is focused on him, be sure to expend all ammo across weapons before reloading, then preferably grenade after that, super after that if you've got it. A big issue with him just like the "eliminate the target" public events is that he's got a shield recharge delay of only like 2-3 seconds and it recharges fully in less than a second. You have to do everything in your power to keep causing as much damage as possible before you have to fall back to reload/recharge.
Fuuuuuu, so basically a constant hit on his shields.
You have many, right here in this thread. I'm at work or I'd hop on and help. I'm sure some others could do so as well.

If you can't take him out, I'll help you tonight. 4th Horseman was made for decimating him.

If they'd like. I'm not expecting anyone to do so, but the help would greatly be appreciated. I'm trying to rank up to 30 before House of Wolves comes out.

Can't do it at the nights. I'm a graveyard worker. *super sad face*

Damn, too bad!

Be sure to join the sign-up list for X-Box players linked in the OP (and the 2nd post). DGAF-Xbone group is growing stronger every day, thanks to a recent change in OT management
jk Todd if you're still alive :p

There has been a few new Destiny players lately. I raided with some this past weekend. One mentioned they were glad they were not early adopters of the game.

As rough as the growing pains have been at times, I wouldn't trade my VoG release day experience for anything. Of course there are huge advantages for later adopters, no question about that.

Funny how much of an old fogey I feel like for a game that's ~7 months old.

Impala26

I've got none. Just a few sniper rifles and a Murmur fusion rifle.

Fuuuuuu, so basically a constant hit on his shields.

If they'd like. I'm not expecting anyone to do so, but the help would greatly be appreciated. I'm trying to rank up to 30 before House of Wolves comes out.

Can't do it at the nights. I'm a graveyard worker. *super sad face*

Couple things:
-Vanguard weapons vendors sells a good arc sniper LDR 5001 (just bought this recently as RNG has blessed me with only 1 or 2 decent arc weapons--rocket and HMG)
-I too play on the XB1, my GT is Impala26
-I might be able to help out before too long tonight, let me know if you might be on any later before your work shift.

Navid

Which system are you playing on, if on PS4 send me a invite when you are ready to go and I'll be happy to help out... :)

Edit: Ah, just saw that your on XB1.

E92 M3

Damn, too bad!

Be sure to join the sign-up list for X-Box players linked in the OP (and the 2nd post). DGAF-Xbone group is growing stronger every day, thanks to a recent change in OT management

As rough as the growing pains have been at times, I wouldn't trade my VoG release day experience for anything. Of course there are huge advantages for later adopters, no question about that.

Funny how much of an old fogey I feel like for a game that's ~7 months old.

Same here, Destiny day 1 compared to what it is now has become night and day. It was like the wild west that becomes civilized.

Svartnatt

I was able to take out Urzok solo, I believe I was around level 29 when I did it. This method involves a lot of luck, so be forewarned!

A Sword of Crota elite knight can spawn in this area in addition to Urzok. When he does, leave him alive until Urzok shows up, then take out the Sword of Crota and he will drop his sword. Once he does, grab it and go to town on Urzok with the normal, normal, heavy attack combo. He gets stunned after the heavy hit, so doesn't even have a chance to fight back. Took him out with not even getting hit once.

I was EXTREMELY lucky to have this happen for me right after I took the Urzok quest, first try. I've been trying to replicate it on my other 2 characters, but people keep killing the Sword of Crota before Urzok spawns. So best bet might be to try this out late at night when not a lot of people are in the area.

Toa TAK

Banned
Damn, too bad!

Yeah, I need to join that I don't think I have. I'm only in one of the GAF Destiny clans.
Couple things:
-Vanguard weapons vendors sells a good arc sniper LDR 5001 (just bought this recently as RNG has blessed me with only 1 or 2 decent arc weapons--rocket and HMG)
-I too play on the XB1, my GT is Impala26
-I might be able to help out before too long tonight, let me know if you might be on any later before your work shift.

Cool. I'll probably be on until 3pm (PST), but if not it's cool. I need to double check the vendors.
I was able to take out Urzok solo, I believe I was around level 29 when I did it. This method involves a lot of luck, so be forewarned!

A Sword of Crota elite knight can spawn in this area in addition to Urzok. When he does, leave him alive until Urzok shows up, then take out the Sword of Crota and he will drop his sword. Once he does, grab it and go to town on Urzok with the normal, normal, heavy attack combo. He gets stunned after the heavy hit, so doesn't even have a chance to fight back. Took him out with not even getting hit once.

I was EXTREMELY lucky to have this happen for me right after I took the Urzok quest, first try. I've been trying to replicate it on my other 2 characters, but people keep killing the Sword of Crota before Urzok spawns. So best bet might be to try this out late at night when not a lot of people are in the area.
Okay, so the Sword of Crota I got to focus on as well. I hope his sword is enough to take him out.

M3Rocket

Anyone have Gorgon CP or doing VOG Normal or HM?

I'm on remote play (no mic), but I'm sitting in the Norm Gorgon's CP if you want to grab it. I need to "transfer" it to my Titan, so if you come in, please stay a minute or two so I can swap out characters.

I can also give you the HM after you get the NM.

Impala26

I thought these spawns were nixed (either purposefully or incidentally) with the most recent update? I haven't run into them since the update at least.

Sword of Crota Knights don't spawn anymore after the patch. This would work though, it happened to me and yes, the sword helps.

Frostburn

I'm on remote play (no mic), but I'm sitting in the Norm Gorgon's CP if you want to grab it. I need to "transfer" it to my Titan, so if you come in, please stay a minute or two so I can swap out characters.

I can also give you the HM after you get the NM.

Hey I got it from Bog earlier but I can hop in your game and hold it for you if you'd like.

ocean

Banned
If you have a Titan, run Striker. Flashbang grenade blinds him and makes him an easy target. A good Arc shotgun like Found Verdict or 4th Horseman does a lot of damage. His shield regens ridiculously quick though, you won't have time to reload. Swap immediately to a good Machine Gun and finish him off.

It's a lot (a loooooot) easier if you have someone help so his shield doesn't recover though.

Toa TAK

Banned
Thunderlord.
Looks like I need to keep playing Raids to get that one.
Sword of Crota Knights don't spawn anymore after the patch. This would work though, it happened to me and yes, the sword helps.

No wonder I wasn't getting any.

This Public Event/Mission is BULLshizzah.
If you have a Titan, run Striker. Flashbang grenade blinds him and makes him an easy target. A good Arc shotgun like Found Verdict or 4th Horseman does a lot of damage. His shield regens ridiculously quick though, you won't have time to reload. Swap immediately to a good Machine Gun and finish him off.

It's a lot (a loooooot) easier if you have someone help so his shield doesn't recover though.

Nice, I figured Striker would be easier, but I'm switching to Flash now.

Coming up again in 9 mins. Hopefully I won't be surrounded by level 7s again.

shermas

Two full runs (normal and hard) with my 31 warlock and not a single piece of raid gear. Doesn't seem right.

Also, I have two 32 characters and one 31 and I've never done VoG hard mode. I should try it so I can get fatebringer, right?

You guys have so many weapon parts! I'm probably about ~200 total between my 3 characters.

The loot cave, may it rest in piece. Primary reason I have 700+ platsteel and 400+ weapon parts at all times. I just wish I had more than one character at the time cause I'm always scraping the bottom of the barrel in wire and essence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom