• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnkn52

Hey DGAF, I guess I should try to get some feedback from the experienced community. Trying to build a graphic that would help newcomers plus lost, returning Guardians; of all the changes the game has gone through. Just wanted to know if I should continue with this format (is it too big?, this is just raids). Other categories I was thinking of doing were about the Loot Cave, Cryptarch, Strikes, UI/UX, App & Browser, PvP, Weapons.

Just let me know how I can make it better. Please send feedback via PMs.

Thank you in advance.

Destiny_Raid-GAF-1504241.jpg

RedFury

Two full runs (normal and hard) with my 31 warlock and not a single piece of raid gear. Doesn't seem right.

Also, I have two 32 characters and one 31 and I've never done VoG hard mode. I should try it so I can get fatebringer, right?
Yes! If you can get a team I want in

ethomaz

Banned
Hey DGAF, I guess I should try to get some feedback from the experienced community. Trying to build a graphic that would help newcomers plus lost, returning Guardians; of all the changes the game has gone through. Just wanted to know if I should continue with this format (is it too big?, this is just raids). Other categories I was thinking of doing were about the Loot Cave, Cryptarch, Strikes, UI/UX, App & Browser, PvP, Weapons.

Thank you in advance.
Can you change the pics for a better background? They are unreadable in DarkGAF... just try to use it to see ;)

PS. Anybody not using the DarkGAF is a looser like the ones wit 50ppp
jk

Frostburn

Thank you in advance.

I just want to say I think these look great! One you can do is common misconceptions *or outdated things that don't exist/matter anymore.

Anyone out there want to help my scrub alt through story missions on Mars? I will be able to help with Urzok and raid once I am 20 (32), which should be in a few hours.

NotBacon

Thank you in advance.

Destiny_Raid-GAF-150424d.png

You Light-GAF heathen! And yes please do the loot cave because I still don't know what that is...

M3Rocket

No no no, definitely don't upgrade any 300 max Attack exotics at Xur now. You will be able to level vanilla aka 300 weapons directly to the new 365 Attack level when HoW launches. Upgrading now would also reset all the XP you've invested so far but upgrading during HoW will not reset it.

All the details are still kinda sketchy so if I'm off base on this someone please let me know...

From what I saw and read, the HoW Legendaries all start at 331 attack. No attack upgrade bubbles, only perk bubbles. Etheric light bubble on left side upgrades attack level from 331 to 365. Perk bubbles will probably still require XP to unlock and planet mats/glimmer to level up.

In other words, if you have Etheric Light (which is gated and RNG from weekly activities), you can upgrade any new HoW 331 Legendary attack weapon to 365, but won't have the perks active immediately. If you have an old fully leveled Legendary that is 331 (with all perks unlocked and leveled), Etheric Light will upgrade the attack to 365.

As for current exotics, they will probably remain the same post-TDB base value of 302. An additional Exotic Shard will be needed to upgrade a "maxed" 331 to 365 after HoW drops. This makes sense in the context of Bungie learning from the prior mistake, and now will preserve player investment and progression. If you spent time and XP to level up your exotics, they can be immediately made "relevant" in HoW by simply upgrading the attack from 331 to 365 with an Exotic Shard.

I would presume that if you can use that left side bubble on an unleveled exotic (302 base) prior to it being maxed out that the attack value would scale accordingly. Meaning the left side post-HoW bubble is basically just a 34-attack (365-331) upgrade node. If the attack level is 310, if you can use that node prior to all the other bubbles being unlocked and filled, it would upgrade the attack level to 344 (310+34).

The question is whether the HoW Exotic (namely FoAF) will come with base attack of 331 and whether it will have attack upgrade bubbles. My guess is that it will be like the HoW Legendaries rather than the other pre-HoW exotics.

IMHO--Bungie really knocked it out of the ballpark with the new weapon/armor upgrade paths/progression. But like you, I'm not so sure what happens with pre-TDB exotics with 274 base/300 max. I would presume that one would still need to re-Xurbish it to 331 before it can be maxed to 365,, but Deej wasn't really clear about that before he dismantled his "given" 274 base Godhorn in the video.

So somehow my Super Good Advice has completely disappeared, either in app switching or I sharded it accidentally (which I don't think I would do.) I decided to do a bunch of bounties until the exotic bounty popper. Finished three from work, went to turn them in, and the SGA bounty popped on literally the first bounty I turned in.

Lnkn52

Can you change the pics for a better background? They are unreadable in DarkGAF... just try to use it to see ;)

PS. Anybody not using the DarkGAF is a looser like the ones wit 50ppp
jk

You made a great point. Edited the artwork to reflect that change. Thank You.

I just want to say I think these look great! One you can do is common misconceptions *or outdated things that don't exist/matter anymore.
That might require alot of research, but I'll put it on the list. Thank You.

You Light-GAF heathen! And yes please do the loot cave because I still don't know what that is...
My list just consisted of when they fixed it. But I might include links of what it looked liked. Thank you.

If I buy exotic engrams from xûr over the next few weeks (hopefully helmet and gloves too) but wait until HoW to decrypt them, they'll be generated from the exotic armour pool including HoW, right?

If I buy exotic engrams from xûr over the next few weeks (hopefully helmet and gloves too) but wait until HoW to decrypt them, they'll be generated from the exotic armour pool including HoW, right?
I don't think House of Wolves exotics will drop at 365. It looks like they'll drop at 331 and require an exotic shard to be ascended.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

darthbob

arc heavy or fusion rifle to take out his shields
high impact shotgun when it's down

shotgun to yellow bar enemies melts

Saw a random guardian take out Urzok the other day with their 4th Horseman. Went down in literal seconds it was amazing.

And Crota NM gave me a free exotic shard.

V6O1GQa.png

This week's haul, not including random legendaries:

- No Backup Plans (Nightfall)
- Hard Light #4 (Gorgons) (Sharded)
- Hard Light #5 (Crota NM) (Sharded)
- Vex Mythoclast #2 (Atheon HM)
- Truth #2 (Atheon HM) (Sharded)
- The Last Word #3 (Crota NM) (Sharded)
- Mk. 44 Stand Asides (Xur)
- Song of Ir Yut #2 (Sharded)
- Tireless Striders
- Corrective Measure
- Found Verdict #2 (Sharded)
- Found Verdict #3 (Sharded)
- Vision of Confluence
- Fatebringer

For one week, that's a pretty damn fine haul.

Good news is they significantly dropped the class material requirements per node from 25 to 4. Won't need many (from Reddit):

dSQqy4u.jpg

Good find. I find this far more surprising than the economy overhaul. It is one thing to make our mats more useful, but lowering the grind is surprising. The grind was how they get players invested. Maybe they feel there is enough content to not have to push play of less exciting activities. I suspect some of this comes from the fact they are playing the same game as us and are tired of grinding certain things.

Deku Tree

Am I even going to care about the elemental primary weapons from PoE (if there are any) if they are locked behind Hard Mode if I can more easily and more quickly have max attack elemental VoG and CE primaries?

shaw515

Neo Member
I'm looking to run normal crota a couple times tonight and/or normal VOG. If anyone on Xbox One is playing these later just shoot me a message whether I'm in Destiny or not and I'll likely join.

Impala26

Good news is they significantly dropped the class material requirements per node from 25 to 4. Won't need many (from Reddit):

dSQqy4u.jpg

So... this is just for "new" HoW gear and weapons right?

All content pre-HoW would still need the materials they need now (including energy/shards) and would just need the HoW "etheric light" to "ascend", or no? Can ALL current legendary gear and weapons be ascended?

Basically I'm asking, are ascendant and radiant mats going to still have a purpose after HoW drops or no?

Deku Tree

So... this is just for "new" HoW gear and weapons right?

All content pre-HoW would still need the materials they need now (including energy/shards) and would just need the HoW "etheric light" to "ascend", or no? Can ALL current legendary gear and weapons be ascended?

Basically I'm asking, are ascendant and radiant mats going to still have a purpose after HoW drops or no?

For new a HoW gear yes they're totally dead.

For old gear Answer is unclear. I think they're dead. Other people think they're not dead for your old gear.

We don't know whether your old pre HoW gear needs to be completely maxed to reach max attack and max light. I think it doesn't because the new gear doesn't need to be maxed. Other people don't agree. Factually we don't know yet.

Impala26

For new a HoW gear yes they're totally dead.

For old gear Answer is unclear. I think they're dead. Other people think they're not dead for your old gear.

We don't know whether your old pre HoW gear needs to be completely maxed to reach max attack and max light. I think it doesn't because the new gear doesn't need to be maxed. Other people don't agree. Factually we don't know yet.

I feel like they will be retained for OLD weapons and gear simply by how thorough the material exchange offered by the speaker is. If they weren't, wouldn't it be more simple to make it basically: ALL MATERIAL TYPES ---> GLIMMER ?

Kalamari

NM CE! Full run!

1. EvilKalamari
2. Atone1382
3.Chrome_sitar

Gjallarhorn/Black Hammer/whatever is waiting for you...

ocean

Banned

dSQqy4u.jpg
I have to believe there's some catch or unexplained mechanism to make us grind. Otherwise Bungie may have actually made this game FUCKING AMAZING!!! Literally the best news yet. Now I kind of wish we had a 20 page Vault because this makes having multiple armor sets feasible. Swapping out for different attributes and perks will now be possible.

Running Gunslinger? Let me equip Int Str and HC reload/ammo armor. Hell with this upgrade mechanism I see myself grinding marks for an Armor set from each Faction just for Guardian fashion.

Bungie devs I hope you're reading this: thanks. You make gear something we want to get now instead of a grind to fear.

I have to believe there's some catch or unexplained mechanism to make us grind. Otherwise Bungie may have actually made this game FUCKING AMAZING!!! Literally the best news yet. Now I kind of wish we had a 20 page Vault because this makes having multiple armor sets feasible. Swapping out for different attributes and perks will now be possible.

Running Gunslinger? Let me equip Int Str and HC reload/ammo armor. Hell with this upgrade mechanism I see myself grinding marks for an Armor set from each Faction just for Guardian fashion.

Bungie devs I hope you're reading this: thanks. You make gear something we want to get now instead of a grind to fear.

I'm guessing Etheric Light won't be that common. Otherwise it only gets you up to 32.

mfn_pie

These crucible bounties might make me quit playing Destiny. Not trying to whine or anything but I am beyond frustrated. Seems PvP is even worse connection wise than AW. Did get The Devil You Don't from a engram though which I guess is cool or something.

These crucible bounties might make me quit playing Destiny. Not trying to whine or anything but I am beyond frustrated. Seems PvP is even worse connection wise than AW. Did get The Devil You Don't from a engram though which I guess is cool or something.

We can do them tonight. PVP with randoms is a drag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom