• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes sense in the context of Bungie learning from the prior mistake, and now will preserve player investment and progression.

The question is whether the HoW Exotic (namely FoAF) will come with base attack of 331 and whether it will have attack upgrade bubbles. My guess is that it will be like the HoW Legendaries rather than the other pre-HoW exotics.

I would presume that one would still need to re-Xurbish it to 331 before it can be maxed to 365,, but Deej wasn't really clear about that before he dismantled his "given" 274 base Godhorn in the video.

Yep, agree with everything you are saying here, including the part about HoW exotics being along the lines of HoW Legendaries instead of earlier exotics. The only issue is, like you said, some of the really important details are still missing. My understanding was that any of the Legendaries and Exotics would be upgraded straight to HoW levels, and that re-Xurbishing was going the way of Commendations and the Dodo. Hard to be certain since the stream was so unclear, like you said.

Btw can the Iron Banner gear be upgraded to 365 / 42 Light levels as well? Have they commented on this at all and I missed it completely?

These crucible bounties might make me quit playing Destiny. Not trying to whine or anything but I am beyond frustrated. Seems PvP is even worse connection wise than AW. Did get The Devil You Don't from a engram though which I guess is cool or something.

Yeah the "mesh networking" or w/e, with Destiny's server + peer-to-peer hybrid system, can produce some bizarre results that become very aggravating in PvP. I really want to get a nice gaming monitor to reduce at least one source of lag...

Which crucible bounties are especially irritating? I'd definitely recommend to either not bother or space them out over a few days, at least to me however much XP they are isn't worth the headache if it's not fun at all.

Yep, agree with everything you are saying here, including the part about HoW exotics being along the lines of HoW Legendaries instead of earlier exotics. The only issue is, like you said, some of the really important details are still missing. My understanding was that any of the Legendaries and Exotics would be upgraded straight to HoW levels, and that re-Xurbishing was going the way of Commendations and the Dodo. Hard to be certain since the stream was so unclear, like you said.

Btw can the Iron Banner gear be upgraded to 365 / 42 Light levels as well? Have they commented on this at all and I missed it completely?

Yeah the "mesh networking" or w/e, with Destiny's server + peer-to-peer hybrid system, can produce some bizarre results that become very aggravating in PvP. I really want to get a nice gaming monitor to reduce at least one source of lag...

Which crucible bounties are especially irritating? I'd definitely recommend to either not bother or space them out over a few days, at least to me however much XP they are isn't worth the headache if it's not fun at all.

Pie and I have Thorn and Invective. So they are madness if one does not like PVP.

Alright, I'm giving in...my warlock will be devoted to PvP until I get rank 3, buy the cool firefly scout rifle and bank an extra 200 marks (and get the salvage achievement). Wish me luck fellow PvP newbs!

Playing on a monitor is such an improvement. I use to play on a standard LED TV. I switched over to a BenQ, just because it's easier just to have everything in one spot. The amount it reduces the input lag is ridiculously good, I honestly have no desire to ever game on a TV again.

Deku Tree

The question is if you upgrade a pre HoW weapon with Etheric Light does it go right to 365 attack even if it is not fully leveled? I think it does. Other people think it doesn't. And we don't know for sure.

Playing on a monitor is such an improvement. I use to play on a standard LED TV. I switched over to a BenQ, just because it's easier just to have everything in one spot. The amount it reduces the input lag is ridiculously good, I honestly have no desire to ever game on a TV again.

Great to hear, I'm definitely motivated to make the switch and look forward to seeing the difference for myself. Obviously the connection lag can be a big issue when you see enemies teleporting across the map, but sometimes the feedback you're getting from the game just feels "off." Not as snappy and responsive as it should be, and I'm hoping that feeling will be noticeably improved.

May I join you on your quest?

You two playing now? If you wanted a third for some ToO Skirmish practice or something I could probably log on soon...

First 2 HM Atheon kills evar... 12 shards and 2 timebreakers! Maybe my Hunter will snag something fantastic.

Excellent. You have been properly baptized in the waters of terrible VoG loot drops. None of this "got Vex my first hm clear, what's the deal with this thing anyway?"

The question is if you upgrade a pre HoW weapon with Etheric Light does it go right to 365 attack even if it is not fully leveled? I think it does. Other people think it doesn't. And we don't know for sure.

Yeah. I have gone back and forth on it. When DeeJ hovered over Ascend on the unupgraded Vex, it seemed like it was possible. Then again, on XP locked nodes it will still show what mats you have with everything lit up even though you can't upgrade it. DeeJ also said you need "a full upgraded gallerhorn (sic) to ascend". It could be a mis-speak, but who knows.

Just got a Heavy Legendary Engram from the Weekly. Might as well try the engram trick. Only got 9 blue's though. Guess I should do some Roc first.

25% chance at Horn if true.

M3Rocket

They haven't commented about it specifically that I recall. But IB gear are basically 331 Legendaries, so I would presume that they're upgradeable as well. Again--the premise being that Bungie doesn't want to invalidate all the "work" we've done to acquire and rank all that gear.

I think pre-HoW weapons/armor base attack/defense/light levels won't change. Think of the upgrade bubble on the left (Etheric Light on Legendaries, Exotic Shard on Exotics) as an extra attack upgrade bubble (+34 for post-TDB weapons; +65 for pre-TDB weapons; +2 light, et al. for post-TDB armor; +4 light level, et al. for pre-TDB armor).

darthbob

Just got a Heavy Legendary Engram from the Weekly. Might as well try the engram trick. Only got 9 blue's though. Guess I should do some Roc first.

25% chance at Horn if true.

Tried that trick, but didn't work for me. My Heavy Weapon Engram turned into a really shitty The Cure. :/

YMMV of course.

Dunk#7

3X Nightfall

Anybody up for this? I am behind this week lol

1. Dunk7
2. xGrief

Just need one more. You can just do 1 or 2 if you want.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I keep seeing people mention Trials of Osiris, but we don't actually know what it's gonna be aside from being a PvP event, right?

I keep seeing people mention Trials of Osiris, but we don't actually know what it's gonna be aside from being a PvP event, right?

i think its supposed to some kind of 3v3 type match

i remember something about a social space allowing 3 players at a time .. on mercury i believe

darthbob

We'll all know a lot more next Wednesday, but from data mined info we can see that it'll be similar to Iron Banner in that level advantages are enabled. I'm expecting it to be like a cross between IB and Inferno Skirmish, but I'm sure I'll be surprised.

ocean

Banned
It is believed to be a weekend 3v3 PvP event where you need to gain a "ticket" to compete by achieving Crucivle victories. Once you enter using your ticket, wins will keep you playing while losses will kick you out. The ToO vendor seems to have items you can purchase to keep you playing despite a loss or to have the first "win" count for 2 for example.

We've seen pictures of the exclusive armor set you can win and they look amazing.

here's what it was according to old data

• it was 3v3 skirmish with level advantages enabled
  • you needed a special ticket to enter. before you had to luck into the tickets but it looks like you can buy entry with motes/coins or something now
  • win 10 times and you unlock special rewards
  • lose 3 games and you'd be out of the 'tournament' and you'd need to buy a new ticket
  • all the games would take place on the burning shrine map

dunno how much of that has changed. and according to the new datamine, there's a separate social space exclusively for winners called
hall of ametet. mercury would also be a selectable planet from the menu

Hey guys, remember when that Twitch streamer said "no raid?" to Deej on the Bungie stream? Well, now you can commemorate the momentous occasion in t-shirt form:

RV1ywQx.png

blazeuk

NM CE! Full run!

1. EvilKalamari
2. Atone1382
3.Chrome_sitar
4. blazeuk
5. RetroMG
6. & Friend

Gjallarhorn/Black Hammer/whatever is waiting for you...

I completely forgot we weren't in party chat and left without saying anything, sorry! Thanks for the run guys.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It is believed to be a weekend 3v3 PvP event where you need to gain a "ticket" to compete by achieving Crucivle victories. Once you enter using your ticket, wins will keep you playing while losses will kick you out. The ToO vendor seems to have items you can purchase to keep you playing despite a loss or to have the first "win" count for 2 for example.

We've seen pictures of the exclusive armor set you can win and they look amazing.

here's what it was according to old data

• it was 3v3 skirmish with level advantages enabled
  • you needed a special ticket to enter. before you had to luck into the tickets but it looks like you can buy entry with motes/coins or something now
  • win 10 times and you unlock special rewards
  • lose 3 games and you'd be out of the 'tournament' and you'd need to buy a new ticket
  • all the games would take place on the burning shrine map

dunno how much of that has changed. and according to the new datamine, there's a separate social space exclusively for winners called
hall of ametet. mercury would also be a selectable planet from the menu
Daaaamn, as someone who actually enjoys and is good at Crucible, that sounds awesome. It's like a Raid-level challenge for PvP, awesome.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
They're gonna show it off next week on wednesday, but yeah it's PvP so far.
Sweet. Between ToO and PoE, there's a lot for me to be (potentially) excited about with HoW. Getting raids going on XB1 is a pain in the ass, so I'm stoked about these smaller fireteam challenges.

yeah i really hope burning shrine is not the only map

that would be pretty lame

i know it fits in with the whole mercury thing but cmon

Good find. I find this far more surprising than the economy overhaul. It is one thing to make our mats more useful, but lowering the grind is surprising. The grind was how they get players invested. Maybe they feel there is enough content to not have to push play of less exciting activities. I suspect some of this comes from the fact they are playing the same game as us and are tired of grinding certain things.

Im actually stunned. 80 percent of my time is grinding. Gonna play alot less now. Just becuase i wont have much to do. Hopefully HoW will have things to ocupy that time

ocean

Banned
Im actually stunned. 80 percent of my time is grinding. Gonna play alot less now. Just becuase i wont have much to do. Hopefully HoW will have things to ocupy that time
I think I'll play more. I'll level armor and guns I would just have Vaulted because of the grind.

Over half my Exotics I've never fired a bullet with. Like I have literally never fired ONE shot with Monte Carlo, Universal Remote, Dragon's Breath, Pocket Infinity, Bad Juju and others just because the grind towards unique perk is absurd. I have never equipped Stand Asides, Dance Machines, Achophylahe etc.

With this system in place I will definitely work to max all of them and see how they play. I'll spend more time and never feel like I'm doing a chore in leveling something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom