• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'll play more. I'll level armor and guns I would just have Vaulted because of the grind.

Over half my Exotics I've never fired a bullet with. Like I have literally never fired ONE shot with Monte Carlo, Universal Remote, Dragon's Breath, Pocket Infinity, Bad Juju and others just because the grind towards unique perk is absurd. I have never equipped Stand Asides, Dance Machines, Achophylahe etc.

With this system in place I will definitely work to max all of them and see how they play. I'll spend more time and never feel like I'm doing a chore in leveling something.

Same here and good point. I might use some stuff now that i never have before. So used to the standbys

X-Frame

Another question for everyone since I haven't played PvP for several months -- has the way XP is rewarded post-match been changed to include weapons now in addition to armor and the character?

I know the weapons not being rewarded XP for the Daily was something that was just fixed, but is it the same with Crucible? I was under the impression that in the Crucible the only weapon XP we get is by using the weapon.

EDIT: Nevermind, found the answer on reddit that it Crucible matches now reward XP post-game after the most recent patch. Good news!

shermas

Excellent. You have been properly baptized in the waters of terrible VoG loot drops. None of this "got Vex my first hm clear, what's the deal with this thing anyway?"

No joke, I got my first ever Vex with my Hunter on the 3rd HM clear of the day (the 1st 3 times I've tried HM Atheon)... So.. what's the deal with that gun, anyway. Is it good enough to tie up my exotic slot?

400 hours played now.

No joke, I got my first ever Vex with my Hunter on the 3rd HM clear of the day (the 1st 3 times I've tried HM Atheon)... So.. what's the deal with that gun, anyway. Is it good enough to tie up my exotic slot?

400 hours played now.

I use it on bounties all the time. Not so much on high level activities as there are better options.

i'm actually really excited for the new crucible maps. we know what two of them look like and i have a feeling they'll both be promising.

prepared for disappointment though.

400 hours played now.

It used to be a beast, especially in pvp but Bungie nerf has effected it. It's still pretty good though both in pvp and pve.

ocean

Banned
i'm actually really excited for the new crucible maps. we know what two of them look like and i have a feeling they'll both be promising.

prepared for disappointment though.
The TDB maps aren't bad I think. Sky shock might be bigger than Cosmodrome Patrol but the others are fun, if rather hectic.

deafmedal

Yo! Haven't done anything yet, where my weekend warrior buds at?!
Willing to run NFs, or either raid at either difficulty (fresh)... first response picks activity!

1. deafmedal

ocean

Banned

400 hours played now.
It's one of three Solar primaries in the game. Curiously, they're all automatic. This one is special because it's a Fusion Rifle / Auto Rifle love child with great impact and RoF. It's been nerfed a little too far but it's still fun once you get all the perks. Its main problem in PvE is the anemic ammo reserve - it's easy to run out. For PvP, they nerfed base damage, accuracy, range, the whole enchilada. It's still really good though, just not what it once was and not enough to beat a skilled HC player 1v1.

shermas

It's one of three Solar primaries in the game. Curiously, they're all automatic. This one is special because it's a Fusion Rifle / Auto Rifle love child with great impact and RoF. It's been nerfed a little too far but it's still fun once you get all the perks. Its main problem in PvE is the anemic ammo reserve - it's easy to run out. For PvP, they nerfed base damage, accuracy, range, the whole enchilada. It's still really good though, just not what it once was and not enough to beat a skilled HC player 1v1.

I never really play PvP, so I'll probably just fart around with it during bounties/daily stuff... another thing to level up, I suppose.

ocean

Banned
Looking at the video with a little more detail I think I have a better understanding of what the Trials are gonna look like.

They hovered over the "rewards" item sold by the ToO vendor and the first one is called a "Stone Tier" reward. You can cash it in if you get 2 wins on a single ticket.

There appears to be 4 tiers. For simplicity, let's assume they'll be Stone, Bronze, Silver and Gold tier rewards. If Stone is 2, I can imagine the next being 4, then 6 and then 10 wins on a single ticket? And then your reward will vary depending on the Tier you turned in.

Coupled with the Trials Supplies you can purchase (Favor: Start with 1 win; Mercy: 1 loss forgiven; Boon: first win counts as 2), this is sounding really interesting and fun.

HoW is shaping up to be leaps and bounds better than TDB.

Namikaze1

God, I hated playing Skyshock back when I was playing more actively. Is it still as bad as I remember?

------------------

BREEZY!

Have you forgotten our fight?

Meet me at Venus! Ishtar Region! Come alone!

4233197-2882238154-large.gif

oh man. Just got my first Hawkmoon.
congrats!

Looking at the video with a little more detail I think I have a better understanding of what the Trials are gonna look like.

They hovered over the "rewards" item sold by the ToO vendor and the first one is called a "Stone Tier" reward. You can cash it in if you get 2 wins on a single ticket.

There appears to be 4 tiers. For simplicity, let's assume they'll be Stone, Bronze, Silver and Gold tier rewards. If Stone is 2, I can imagine the next being 4, then 6 and then 10 wins on a single ticket? And then your reward will vary depending on the Tier you turned in.

Coupled with the Trials Supplies you can purchase (Favor: Start with 1 win; Mercy: 1 loss forgiven; Boon: first win counts as 2), this is sounding really interesting and fun.

HoW is shaping up to be leaps and bounds better than TDB.

I hope that the gear isn't too hard to get. I mean, I can rock PVP. Since Alpha I've been going around in a group wrecking people every day. But I don't like playing it.

Yo! Haven't done anything yet, where my weekend warrior buds at?!
Willing to run NFs, or either raid at either difficulty (fresh)... first response picks activity!

1. deafmedal

Definitely down for a nightfall

Edit: looks like full. Anyone else up for a noghtfall team?

aarcane

My first Vex dropped for me tonight and yes, it was my first HM clear. Makes up for the "shards and energy" Crota run and this morning's failed nightfall attempt.

My first Vex dropped for me tonight and yes, it was my first HM clear. Makes up for the "shards and energy" Crota run and this morning's failed nightfall attempt.

Now that I have my second one, it's pretty crazy to compare it with my fully leveled one. Once you get that baby leveled up, you'll love it.

Doing some Clash now, 1 spot will be open since I have to leave.

If anyone wants to hop aboard, just join party chat with Macello, Illini, Partheon, n00blet, JGW.

400 hours played now.

What who what what... well, you can thank me for reverse jinxing RNGsus in your favor

edit: Since you said you don't do PvP, the Vex is mainly a really fun to use exotic for lower level PvE stuff like running around on Patrols, doing bounties. It's the best weapon in the game for doing the "kill multiple enemies with a single fusion rifle shot, 20 times" Overcharge bounty since the game will count any enemies you kill in rapid succession with Vex (it actually functions like an auto rifle, not a fusion).

The Vex was originally the most OP, broken PvP gun in Destiny's history, and sadly Bungie nerfed its damage really hard (something like ~33%) across PvP and PvE. Which is really a damn shame that will hopefully be corrected someday in the same manner they buffed shotguns for PvE only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom