• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shermas

for new page:

isn't there some work around for the 'kill enemies in a nightfall strike' fusion rifle bounty? like i can go into a darkness zone and use a fusion rifle? i remember reading something about it.

i tried to use a fusion rifle for a bit of the nfall this week and i finished at 3/200 required kills. not a good pace.

So before i basically rage quit this game, i was making monthly highlight reels or something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN2ugK0Ddnw

This was the one for March, but it's more relevant now that Xur is selling The Last Word. I never got a chance to replace some of the filler clips with better stuff, but i did end up time syncing it so i put it up.

Buy it and enjoy it because Bungie's probably going to nerf all the fun.

for new page:

isn't there some work around for the 'kill enemies in a nightfall strike' fusion rifle bounty? like i can go into a darkness zone and use a fusion rifle? i remember reading something about it.

i tried to use a fusion rifle for a bit of the nfall this week and i finished at 3/200 required kills. not a good pace.
yeah, leave the nightfall area to another darkness zone for lvl30 enemies, dying won't kick you to orbit.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
That would be great but it will be 3.5 hours from now before were actually online.

Add me anyway. PSN: Bradach333

I have Gjallarhorn as well! Can I come?? :O

The Last Word totally blows until you get that major stability upgrade, tho.

I never have enough glimmer when he rolls around, and I don't generally have enough time on the weekends to try and farm for more glimmer. :-(

before the hand cannon nerf, an unleveled last word was more forgiving. you definitely need the stability now though because the initial accuracy was changed.

bungie loves their bloom.

So before i basically rage quit this game, i was making monthly highlight reels or something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN2ugK0Ddnw

This was the one for March, but it's more relevant now that Xur is selling The Last Word. I never got a chance to replace some of the filler clips with better stuff, but i did end up time syncing it so i put it up.

I have only one response for that:

35pul2.jpg

Mindlog

Put some time in the Crucible. It's been a while.

I know what they were going for, but I can confirm the following.
I despise crate timers. At most we should have had a map running time indicator.
I don't like the ammo notifications. It's just too much dumbing down of map awareness.

My Warlock was already at 200 Crucible marks. I'm going to get my Hunter and Titan to 150 Crucible marks and that will be enough of that. That seems like a good balance between playing for fun and grinding because the game wants you to play well beyond the point of fun.
RIP shooting through every wall sniping.

i heard that the crate only gives you 3 sniper rounds too.

2 minutes for 3 sniper rounds is ridiculous.

i was watching a friend stream and it looks like people are camping the ammo crates 20 seconds before they come up.

TheOddOne

i heard that the crate only gives you 3 sniper rounds too.

2 minutes for 3 sniper rounds is ridiculous.

i was watching a friend stream and it looks like people are camping the ammo crates 20 seconds before they come up.
Also, the new crate placements are dumb.

Deku Tree

I just played doubles skirmish for the five grimoire points.

I was playing against a team and for most of the ten minutes it was two on one. My team mates kept quitting. I must have gone through six or more MM team mates who quit. Lol.

moris

I just played doubles skirmish for the five grimoire points.

I was playing against a team and for most of the ten minutes it was two on one. My team mates kept quitting. I must have gone through six or more MM team mates who quit. Lol.
Invite me if you are still playing?

shermas

yeah, leave the nightfall area to another darkness zone for lvl30 enemies, dying won't kick you to orbit.

THANK YOU! I fired up the Nfall, started roaming around the Cosmo and quickly got to 70/200. Much better way to go about this bounty.

I think I'm going to delete my Thorn bounty. I hate Crucible so much. And I'm so awful. I know I won't use the gun very much, even if I collect the bounty.

THANK YOU! I fired up the Nfall, started roaming around the Cosmo and quickly got to 70/200. Much better way to go about this bounty.

I think I'm going to delete my Thorn bounty. I hate Crucible so much. And I'm so awful. I know I won't use the gun very much, even if I collect the bounty.

How do you get into another darkness area inside the nf?

I have the bounty too

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Starting NF #2, feel free to join. Room for one more. Thank you to BigBossMK23 for the help on the first run!

PSN: Kill_Deaf_Radio

YW. :)

Keep forgetting I don't get diddly squat for running it again. Jelly AF of your 12 coins. *shakes fist*

I just need one for TLW. D;

MickeyPhree

Just power through it. I hate playing crucible, but I roughed it out and finished the bounty.

shermas

How do you get into another darkness area inside the nf?

I have the bounty too

Start nightfall, then head over to the Steppes area... when you get to that first room with the dregs and shanks (beyond the public event area), it switches to a dark zone and their levels jump up to 30. After I cleared that zone, I went over to the skywatch area and there are other darkness zones along the way. Basically, every place in the Cosmo that's part of another mission has level 30 enemies that count toward the bounty.

shermas

Just power through it. I hate playing crucible, but I roughed it out and finished the bounty.

But math is killing me. I'm so bad that I can barely move the needle on the bounty. Then, I have a good match (something like 5-8 k/d for me) and follow it up with something like 2-10 and I'm right back where I started.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really good at Crucible and that bounty is still a pain in the ass for me. I just don't have very good void weapons. :-\

Primary weapon hierarchy in Crucible as of the pulse rifle patch IMO:

SCOUT RIFLES
  • Mida Multi Tool
  • Ghaleon's Demise
  • Fang of Ir Yut
  • Vision of Confluence
  • Any Legendary with high impact, good rate of fire and stability, and explosive/armor piercing rounds (a good Crusader I or Badger CCL roll)
  • Any Rare with high impact, good rate of fire and stability, and explosive/armor piercing rounds (Stalker BNGL)

For scout rifles, I'd say you want at least 15 rounds.

I truly miss my A1.ScoutSauce pre DLC. I'd put that above Ghaleon's. Dismantling that weapon was my biggest mistake.

A.1F19X-RYL

Arrrammis

I truly miss my A1.ScoutSauce pre DLC. I'd put that above Ghaleon's. Dismantling that weapon was my biggest mistake.

A.1F19X-RYL

Kept this one and The Devil You Know, still some of my favorite legendary weapons. They just don't make 'em like they used to, ya know?

Kalamari

Kept this one and The Devil You Know, still some of my favorite legendary weapons. They just don't make 'em like they used to, ya know?

I was stupid and dismantled my a.1fryl-19whatever rifle too, but I kept my TDYK. Hopefully there will be more good guns in the future, and now with the upgrade system coming we will be more careful about our dismantling of good weapons.

Don't do that. I am horrid at crucible And have the bounty let's help each other out and get it done.

PSN: CthulhuSars add me and we will make plans to power through it. There are a few GAF members willing to help.

Start nightfall, then head over to the Steppes area... when you get to that first room with the dregs and shanks (beyond the public event area), it switches to a dark zone and their levels jump up to 30. After I cleared that zone, I went over to the skywatch area and there are other darkness zones along the way. Basically, every place in the Cosmo that's part of another mission has level 30 enemies that count toward the bounty.

You have to use fusions right, can you use vex?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yall, I need help. I finally got the stability upgrade for The Last Word and I'm still trash with it. I was assuming that upgrade would change everything, but my Crucible K/D drops dramatically when I try to use it. Red Death has been my go to. Any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom