• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm hopping on for a little if any Xboners wanna play. I'm up for anything.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
So one thing I'm noticing is that the enemy factions in Destiny seem to be aesthetically tied to the character classes. For example, the Hive gear seems to suit the Warlocks a lot more, the Fallen are nomad-looking, with cloaks and rifles, stealth and daggers, and the Cabal are armored ...well, titans lol...

Is there going to be a DLC about the Cabal? :(

darthbob

So one thing I'm noticing is that the enemy factions in Destiny seem to be aesthetically tied to the character classes. For example, the Hive gear seems to suit the Warlocks a lot more, the Fallen are nomad-looking, with cloaks and rifles, stealth and daggers, and the Cabal are armored ...well, titans lol...

If the old, out of date, and probably inaccurate roadmap is to be believed, then we'll see a Cabal themed expansion eventually.

Edit: Post #5555. You know what that means!

Interstella-5555-daft-punk-12805547-1024-768.jpg

DrBo42

Watched some of that community reef reveal thing on Twitch. Was surprised when a question was asked about putting the grimoire content into the game. Is that something people are actually interested in at this point?

darthbob

Watched some of that community reef reveal thing on Twitch. Was surprised when a question was asked about putting the grimoire content into the game. Is that something people are actually interested in at this point?

I'd actually love to be able to drop into the tower, run over to the Speaker's area, and read up on Destiny's lore via Grimoire.

Probably won't ever happen, but it would be awesome...

Radabe

Neo Member
Quick question - I've filled the postmaster with a combination of vanguard, cryptarch and public event packages - is there a 'better' one of those to keep for HOW? I know the guns won't be the new content but wasn't sure on the exp they give.
Was thinking of turning in all the vanguard/cryptarch now and just having/getting more of the public event ones to turn in (highest exp??)

PranoyTen

Neo Member

I see what you mean .. but IMO the CE gear looks pretty bad on Warlocks, i prefer the VoG gear on my Warlock.

Lima

Quick question - I've filled the postmaster with a combination of vanguard, cryptarch and public event packages - is there a 'better' one of those to keep for HOW? I know the guns won't be the new content but wasn't sure on the exp they give.
Was thinking of turning in all the vanguard/cryptarch now and just having/getting more of the public event ones to turn in (highest exp??)

Yes just keep the public event packages around. They give 2500 XP each without the nightfall buff.

Radabe

Neo Member
Yes just keep the public event packages around. They give 2500 XP each without the nightfall buff.
Awesome - good to know. Will have fun tomorrow opening all the vanguard/crypto packages. I'm sure nothing great will drop, but you never know!

I must've killed over 100 Blades of Crota and still no Husk of the Pit.

At this point I'm almost glad because I have no impetus to run HM Crota for the Crux.

I'd rather have the crux but no husk though. I could at least grind for the husk and most likely get it in a day. I've got 3 more weeks and then I assume nobody will ever run HM CE again. I know I won't...even if I don't get the crux by then.

Remind me in the future not to use Roc strikes to level up armor. I just went in to level up some Jackknife stuff before it's gone from the vendors and had my worst matchmaking experience ever. To sum it up:

-Kill Target Public Event starts as we start the mission and the start the door trigger to open up the first part of the Valus strike. I go to get it, thinking my teammates will follow. One was mid-quit because it was Valus and the other went to go hide for the next part of the strike. Being level 29 with an Ice Breaker as my one solar, I could not kill it and gave up.
-Get to next part, get to third major, get killed by a random shield bump. Other guy finally starts "playing".
-Manage to do the whole thing over again. Guy hides behind Master Chief tower and proceeds to die three times and is only killing what gets close to him. I revive each because I need an extra life, just in case. He responds by getting to and running me over in an Interceptor
-I die twice to the tank because it was being super aggressive for some reason. He does not revive me either time. Once it's dead, guy continues to AFK.
-Get to Valus. Third person finally joins and suddenly this guy is all "oh I was doing things the whole time" and zooms over to me from where the tank died.
-Decides to hide in the cheese spot. In a Roc strike. With the new Valus.

So the elapsed time was about 20 minutes. I got a Legendary Engram out of it and he got the wrong type of class armor so I guess it all worked out. Hopefully that report feature actually works.

I haven't played destiny in a while, has Xur sold the gjallahorn yet?
Only one time: the second week after launch.

Edit: Hmm, complaining on GAF must have worked. Was just placed in a strike and it was done after I took 6 steps. Got another purple.

if you don't mind playing with someone still learning the ropes, i'd like to get more practice.

Are Macello, Illini, Phaethon, Wicked or n0oblet still playing? Not sure when I'll be available again but definitely down to fire it up again sometime tonight if there's a group.

I'd be interested. Would anyone happen to have the oracles cp?

I do. Want me to load it up?

Holy cow I'm having 2014 flashbacks with everyone looking for Oracles CP. What is happening. Community feels more alive than it has since shortly after TDB launched when the disappoint started setting in. Fingers crossed we're still on the upward climb of this sine wave.

I do. Want me to load it up?

Holy cow I'm having 2014 flashbacks with everyone looking for Oracles CP. What is happening. Community feels more alive than it has since shortly after TDB launched when the disappoint started setting in. Fingers crossed we're still on the upward climb of this sine wave.
Yeah man, that'd be cool. I'll be sure to reset my gorgon cp this time :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom