• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whelp, I'm considering coming back because the changes coming in HoW look promising. Anyone feel like carrying a 29 Titan through stuff on Xbox One?

So where do I start? I found TDB severely lacking and pretty much put the disc in its case until a couple of days ago.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
<_>

I love that when you fire it, it always looks like an overreaction.

I want it so bad..

And to think I got it on my first week with the game. Dismantled...

Fuck.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Whelp, I'm considering coming back because the changes coming in HoW look promising. Anyone feel like carrying a 29 Titan through stuff on Xbox One?

So where do I start? I found TDB severely lacking and pretty much put the disc in its case until a couple of days ago.
Duuuuuude, yes, I need more XB1 friends who play this game. I also went several months without playing and I'm currently at level 31 purely from playing Strikes, Nightfalls, and Crucible, and buying gear from the Vanguard and Crucible vendors. I find raiding to be a pain in the ass and I prefer the shorter, easier to organize activities. You can get to 31 with relative ease.

Anyways, add me on XBL. My GT = kittens dx.

I think Halo has that but Destiny does have the FASTEST growing number of OTs in gaf history. It'll surpass the Halo count soon as well.

if we counted the alpha and beta threads, we'd already be passed it.

will probably pass OT 30 by the end of the year. during peak times, these threads last 2 weeks.

Falchion

Was lucky enough to pull Truth from the Deathsinger so now there's only 3 exotics that I don't have, not including several exotic bounties I've been too lazy to finish up.

Homeboyd

So, I played well over 500 hours of Destiny from a week after release through February, completely 3 Nightfalls and up to 6 hard raids once CE hard released each and every week and never received Gjallarhorn. I haven't signed in for almost 8 weeks I would guess. Tonight a friend sends invite for a Nightfall and I decided why not. Jump on, breeze through, and while looking at my phone hear him yell 'You got Gjallarhorn!' This eff'n game, man. I had over 45 public event rewards plus 5000xp bounties from before saved between my characters so I had it fully leveled almost instantly. The thing destroys! Bring on HoW even if I won't devote time to Destiny like I used to.
Congrats. Another gaffer here just asked for some help running his 27 hunter through a NF just a bit ago. Me and another join him just to help quickly before I went to bed. During the run I ask him if he's missing any exotics. He says "gjallarhorn"...

We kill Archon and I wish him luck.

Boom.

Gjallarhorn.

Duuuuuude, yes, I need more XB1 friends who play this game. I also went several months without playing and I'm currently at level 31 purely from playing Strikes, Nightfalls, and Crucible, and buying gear from the Vanguard and Crucible vendors. I find raiding to be a pain in the ass and I prefer the shorter, easier to organize activities. You can get to 31 with relative ease.

Anyways, add me on XBL. My GT = kittens dx.

Will do when I have some free time tomorrow!

Ran NM Crota with a group of randoms, bunch of nice guys. Half of them had never beat Crota. Get to Ir Yut and my second Gally hits, which is great, since I don't have to worry about losing it with web app transfer now.

Anyway we get to Crota, almost kill him, two guys die, we kill the oversoul, but then a third and fourth dies. Oversoul kills me, but leaves the other guy alive (he was in the NM Ogre room if that matters). He comes out, revives everyone, we beat Crota. Very weird.

Also one of the guys says another dude showed him where you can get the 4th chest in Vault of Glass (it appears in the platforming section). It wasn't there when we checked, and we didn't wipe to try again, but it certainly does look like a place where a chest would be.

raindoc

Ran NM Crota with a group of randoms, bunch of nice guys. Half of them had never beat Crota. Get to Ir Yut and my second Gally hits, which is great, since I don't have to worry about losing it with web app transfer now.

Anyway we get to Crota, almost kill him, two guys die, we kill the oversoul, but then a third and fourth dies. Oversoul kills me, but leaves the other guy alive (he was in the NM Ogre room if that matters). He comes out, revives everyone, we beat Crota. Very weird.

Also one of the guys says another dude showed him where you can get the 4th chest in Vault of Glass (it appears in the platforming section). It wasn't there when we checked, and we didn't wipe to try again, but it certainly does look like a place where a chest would be.

there's a couple of spots in the VoG that look like something could be hidden there.
did he say how to make it spawn?
any more details?

there's a couple of spots in the VoG that look like something could be hidden there.
did he say how to make it spawn?
any more details?

I have a theory that it involves that closed summoning gate on a platform off to the distance right before Gatekeeper/Atheon.

Maybe..

Never give up. That's not the sexy way.

I got Crota down to one more sword yesterday and then a suicide thrall blew me up. I have the movements down pat, once my Hunter hits level 32 I should get him down in two swords.

Needless to say, I let Poker take over after that. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom