• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My god. We got it done. Thanks for hanging in there guys. Close to five hours with many people. Reminds me of some rpg where it takes multiple parties to take down an enemy.

My god. We got it done. Thanks for hanging in there guys. Close to five hours with many people. Reminds me of some rpg where it takes multiple parties to take down an enemy.

BRU-TAL at times but glad we stuck it through and Mr. Swordbearer finally cooperated. At least I have a Word of Crota to show for it; thanks again for handling sword duties!

Deku Tree

This sounds like that first night of NM Crota when I was playing with Drizzay.
For me, like that, never again. I need and want nothing from HM Crota.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yep.

Two swords in that last run too.

upload_convert.gif

This actually happened twice today and happened to me a few days ago. I was running sword all three times.

I have to find that part where Dhruv died and oversoul didn't appear until 20 secs later.

And Dhruv using jedi tricks as a Titan.

upload_convert.gif

So cleared VoG HM for the first ever time yesterday, only shards and a ship dropped but oh well it was fun anyway with a good group. Login this morning and there waiting for me at the post master was a shiny new Mythoclast! must've had full primaries when Atheon dropped.

So question is do I level this bitch up or can I just wait for HoW and ascend it from scratch? Do I have to at least unlock the bubbles?

GutZ31

So cleared VoG HM for the first ever time yesterday, only shards and a ship dropped but oh well it was fun anyway with a good group. Login this morning and there waiting for me at the post master was a shiny new Mythoclast! must've had full primaries when Atheon dropped.

So question is do I level this bitch up or can I just wait for HoW and ascend it from scratch? Do I have to at least unlock the bubbles?

Your are going to need to level it at some point, may as well start before HoW.

patchday

Yep.

Two swords in that last run too.

upload_convert.gif

This actually happened twice today and happened to me a few days ago. I was running sword all three times.

I have to find that part where Dhruv died and oversoul didn't appear until 20 secs later.

And Dhruv using jedi tricks as a Titan.

upload_convert.gif

crota and swordbeaer must've really misbehaved if it took yall that long. The one or two times I ran HM crota with you we were done in record time

I havent been back to HM Crota after getting everything I wanted. I was very fortunate to get the drops I wanted in first couple trips to it

Go back to bed, its Saturday.

Its a little early for raiding, but if you get a few more people, I wouldn't mind helping out.

Yeah it may have to wait til later. Got an early start to the day and wanted to take a shot... I have a show to do this afternoon... praps 7ish PM EST If people want in.

Wilde

Anyone interested in doing hard mode Templar from the checkpoint? Trying to get one more Fatebringer!

1. ZW33

Namikaze1

I'm so close to maxing out all the exotic weapons. So close. All but 5 are currently maxed out at 331. I should be done by the end of next week.

Namikaze1

Why waste an exotic shard getting them to 331? Just wait until HoW to ascend them.
You do know that ascending an exotic that isn't maxed out at 331 isn't going to get you straight to 365 right?

You're still gonna end up using two shards per exotic if you go down that route.

GutZ31

Why waste an exotic shard getting them to 331? Just wait until HoW to ascend them.

From the info we have so far, you still need to level them all the way, then use the ascend bubble to finish it off.

Even if this is not the case, you would still be under attack value without fully leveling it first.

Namikaze1

Going to have to spend 2 exotic shards whether you wait for HoW or not?

From the info we have so far, you still need to level them all the way, then use the ascend bubble to finish it off.

Even if this is not the case, you would still be under attack value without fully leveling it first.
All this.
I want to be able to get them straight to 365 right off the bat.

probably because he has nothing else to do (assuming all his characters are maxed and he has all things)
This too. There's nothing left for me to get in the game.

All I'm doing till HoW releases is upgrade exotics.

Deku Tree

You do know that ascending an exotic that isn't maxed out at 331 isn't going to get you straight to 365 right?

You're still gonna end up using two shards per exotic if you go down that route.

It's unclear whether or not this is the case.

Even if you need to level it fully it is unclear if Bungie will require you to use both an exotic shard to ascend and another one to level it fully.

It's possible that you can get to 365 even without leveling the last four nodes. So far no evidence to the contrary. And this would be consistent with Bungies new leveling philosophy.

I doubt you'll get to 365 with that. It'll probably max at 331 if you ascend it without upgrading it at all, 365 if you have it upgraded.

Deku Tree

All this.
I want to be able to get them straight to 365 right off the bat.

This too. There's nothing left for me to get in the game.

All I'm doing till HoW releases is upgrade exotics.

The safe thing to do is fill up all the exp bubbles and wait until More info or until HoW drops in order to spend your exotic shards.

Namikaze1

It's unclear whether or not this is the case.

Even if you need to level it fully it is unclear if Bungie will require you to use both an exotic shard to ascend and another one to level it fully.

It's possible that you can get to 365 even without leveling the last four nodes. So far no evidence to the contrary. And this would be consistent with Bungies new leveling philosophy.
From the stream, it was said you don't lose any progression to weapons you ascend. So say you're halfway done leveling Gjallarhorn. You don't lose that progression once you ascend but it won't be 365 because it wasn't maxed out prior to ascending. You'll still gonna have to continue pouring xp into it and that last node will most likely cost you an exotic shard.

I really wish they had shown what happens if you ascend a stock exotic. Damn Deej and his lack of weapon parts!

Well, that sucks if true. I was thinking the damage upgrade bubbles would be removed once ascended like legendaries. I wish Deej wouldn't have been lazy and just went and got his weapon parts to ascend that unleveled mythoclast (or gjallarhorn, forget which one it was)

Deku Tree

From the stream, it was said you don't lose any progression to weapons you ascend. So say you're halfway done leveling Gjallarhorn. You don't lose that progression once you ascend but it won't be 365 because it wasn't maxed out prior to ascending. You'll still gonna have to continue pouring xp into it and that last node will most likely cost you an exotic shard.

I really wish they had shown what happens if you ascend a stock exotic. Damn Deej and his lack of weapon parts!

The bolded part is what I am saying is unclear. I am not sure if that is the case or not. I am waiting for more info before spending my exotic shards.

I wonder if Deej lack of weapons parts was done on purpose to not explain that part because too complicated...

Namikaze1

The safe thing to do is fill up all the exp bubbles and wait until More info or until HoW drops in order to spend your exotic shards.
I have more than enough shards to max out the remaining 5 AND ascend all of them. I'm gonna stick with what I think is safer and that's having them maxed out.

Thanks for a couple of great Crucible games last night GAF! We may not have had the train running at full steam, but even when we lost it was fun (a learning experience). Oddly, I'm starting to almost look forward to playing PvP.

BTW, I forgot how enraged it can make me and my inner truck driver comes out. Don't play PvP with me if you are offended by cursing. I need to brush up on that too, I felt like it could have been more varied and colorful.

GutZ31

Thanks for a couple of great Crucible games last night GAF! We may not have had the train running at full steam, but even when we lost it was fun (a learning experience). Oddly, I'm starting to almost look forward to playing PvP.

BTW, I forgot how enraged it can make me and my inner truck driver comes out. Don't play PvP with me if you are offended by cursing. I need to brush up on that too, I felt like it could have been more varied and colorful.

Truck drivers are not as well versed as sailors when it comes to the art of profanity.

I don't know what I am talking about, but you are sure to hear my say at least "WHAT THE FUCK!?" 3 times per match.

GutZ31

I really hope thats the new sparrow for us to get, but doubt it for now.

And as for that rocket launcher thing we were talking about earlier, looks like it is pretty much confirmed to be similar to taking the sword from the public event spawns of crota.
We will kill this guy, and take his arm as a temporary weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom