• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnkn52

I really hope thats the new sparrow for us to get, but doubt it for now.

And as for that rocket launcher thing we were talking about earlier, looks like it is pretty much confirmed to be similar to taking the sword from the public event spawns of crota.
We will kill this guy, and take his arm as a temporary weapon.

I guess those that own the DLC won't be getting anything extra like before with the trick sparrow. But that would be cool if they introduced a new set of type sparrow.

shermas

i got heart of praxic fire from xur's chest engram, but only have a hunter. should i start from zero with a warlock just for this y/n

I started a warlock a couple weeks back just because I already had 3 or 4 exotics and a bunch of blue/purple gear for that class sitting in my vault.

Having a 3rd class for nfalls and weeklies has been fun. It doesn't take THAT long to get to level 20, then, if you have a few good pieces, you can quickly get to level 27ish.

From there, you need to grind for enough Hadronic Essence to level up your armor...this was the most time consuming part of ranking up my new guy.

Long answer, but YES. Create another character. It's fun and you get more chances at loot every week.

My god. We got it done. Thanks for hanging in there guys. Close to five hours with many people. Reminds me of some rpg where it takes multiple parties to take down an enemy.
wow... i would have stayed but toward the end, my somnolence was getting the better of me, and dragging the FT down. glad you all pulled it off!

NITC
Precision lowers reload
Kills lower grenade cool down

RAPIER
missing replenishes ammo
Last round kill increases reload

Are all legendary scouts otherwise the same?

What about the middle row? Anything good in there?

I think, on paper without looking at the perks, the Rapier is a more popular choice.

Thanks for a couple of great Crucible games last night GAF! We may not have had the train running at full steam, but even when we lost it was fun (a learning experience). Oddly, I'm starting to almost look forward to playing PvP.

BTW, I forgot how enraged it can make me and my inner truck driver comes out. Don't play PvP with me if you are offended by cursing. I need to brush up on that too, I felt like it could have been more varied and colorful.
lol! yeah, it was good playing with everyone. i really need an Idiot's Guide to PvP, though... XD

I started a warlock a couple weeks back just because I already had 3 or 4 exotics and a bunch of blue/purple gear for that class sitting in my vault.

Having a 3rd class for nfalls and weeklies has been fun. It doesn't take THAT long to get to level 20, then, if you have a few good pieces, you can quickly get to level 27ish.

From there, you need to grind for enough Hadronic Essence to level up your armor...this was the most time consuming part of ranking up my new guy.

Long answer, but YES. Create another character. It's fun and you get more chances at loot every week.

You should. Go for it.

yeah you guys are probably right. i do think warlocks look the coolest at least

specdot

So Destiny is the game that keeps on giving. In two night falls this week with my Hunter and Titan I get the exact same gun (Coiled Hiss). Ugh.
Then, last night running the Vault, I got two Found Verdicts in one shot after the Templar and after killing Atheon, no lie, I got Vision of Confluence, Red Death, Vex (my first one) AND BallerHorn (also my first one). RNGESUS was pleased with me.
Anyone wanna run Crota HM? I'm feeling lucky and I want the Crux. lol.

Agent

CDciq3aWgAAu2OI.jpg

Rngpls.

LkPr

So Destiny is the game that keeps on giving. In two night falls this week with my Hunter and Titan I get the exact same gun (Coiled Hiss). Ugh.
Then, last night running the Vault, I got two Found Verdicts in one shot after the Templar and after killing Atheon, no lie, I got Vision of Confluence, Red Death, Vex (my first one) AND BallerHorn (also my first one). RNGESUS was pleased with me.
Anyone wanna run Crota HM? I'm feeling lucky and I want the Crux. lol.

Looks like u got all my drops, lol. Beat Atheon on hard last night and all i got for my efforts was a ship and shards... It was my first VOG clear all week and by far the WORST drop I have ever received.

lol! yeah, it was good playing with everyone. i really need an Idiot's Guide to PvP, though... XD

Me too. I really think a lot of it comes down to knowing the maps and the flow. Problem is, you need to play a lot to get that down since the flow changes depending on the game type. Plus, land head shots and get gud.

Any suggestions as to the best Warlock build for PvP would be welcome. My warlock is halfway to rank 3 for crucible, so that's why it's my PvP toon, but I may bail on that and go with my Hunter. Better to do it sooner rather than later.

specdot

Looks like u got all my drops, lol. Beat Atheon on hard last night and all i got for my efforts was a ship and shards... It was my first VOG clear all week and by far the WORST drop I have ever received.
Everyone in my group was telling me the same thing. I became THAT guy. lol. I felt kind of bad for my cousin who raids with me. He's the one who always wants to do VoG. I was kicking and complaining the whole time - I really hate fighting the Templar, but I went along because that's what family does, and I end up getting the gun he's been trying to get. lol. At least he got Fatebringer though.

Bradach

There seems to be something wrong with the raid progression part of the phone app.
I've done CE NM on 3 char and CE HM on one char but the app says only one char has CE done on NM!?
Is this a known bug with the app?
EDIT: bungie.net is also incorrect.

Well I am back to 32 and ready to raid again this week. I actually need to run normal VoG so I can save checkpoints on hard, so I thought it'd be cool to try for a flawless while doing it. Is there still any interest in that?

Z3M0G

I think Halo has that but Destiny does have the FASTEST growing number of OTs in gaf history. It'll surpass the Halo count soon as well.

Its only because Destiny makes players rely on external sources for matchmaking end-game content. The OT threads are mostly people shouting for parties.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
It's so funny when people get to 2100 score (2500 to win) in Rumble they start panicking like anything and start choking.

Its only because Destiny makes players rely on external sources for matchmaking end-game content. The OT threads are mostly people shouting for parties.

Please stop this. This isn't true at all.

Just picked a random page in the current Halo OT (Page 5) and found this right at the top of the page:

You guys gonna be playing more later tonight?

Just got on, anyone want to team up for some slayer or breakout?

invite sent

Thanks for the invite, I'm gonna grab some food and I'll be back on later.

Anybody wanna play? Tryna get my semipro back.

GT: Vin FTW

We're a community. Posting about getting together to play is what we should be doing.

Crucible has MM, but that doesn't stop us from grouping up for that activity either.

I'm sure your post was sarcasm, I just needed to get that off of my chest.

Karl2177

Just picked a random page in the current Halo OT (Page 5) and found this right at the top of the page:

We're a community. Posting about getting together to play is what we should be doing.

Crucible has MM, but that doesn't stop us from grouping up for that activity either.

I'm sure your post was sarcasm, I just needed to get that off of my chest.

The Halo example is kinda meh because that was during the H5 Beta, where the party system was clearly still in an alpha state. A more polished Halo game probably won't have as many posts asking for groups. That being said, it's not like discussion here gets stifled in favor of the lfg posts. I ignore almost every lfg post because I gain nothing from them. Besides, I'd argue that it's better that the posts be about lfg than about arguing game mechanics(when half the posters don't understand the game mechanics) like the Halo thread.

GutZ31

The Halo example is kinda meh because that was during the H5 Beta, where the party system was clearly still in an alpha state. A more polished Halo game probably won't have as many posts asking for groups. That being said, it's not like discussion here gets stifled in favor of the lfg posts. I ignore almost every lfg post because I gain nothing from them. Besides, I'd argue that it's better that the posts be about lfg than about arguing game mechanics(when half the posters don't understand the game mechanics) like the Halo thread.

Wat?...

Every halo that has had the ability to pre-make parties, every game that has had multiplayer with the ability to invite people, despite polish, has seen huge gains in fan following because of it.

Match making without the ability to bring your choice of people along would be terrible in this day in age, seeing as split screen is no longer 100% supported by devs around the world.

Ah, I didn't know that was during a beta. I skipped the online stuff with halo 4, so I'd love to know how they handled MM to do stuff like co-op runs of a story mission on legendary mode. Did it work out, and have there been any leaks about how they'll handle it in halo 5?

patchday

Ah, I didn't know that was during a beta. I skipped the online stuff with halo 4, so I'd love to know how they handled MM to do stuff like co-op runs of a story mission on legendary mode. Did it work out, and have there been any leaks about how they'll handle it in halo 5?

In Halo 4 the MM worked great for coop however there were a frakload of afkers. Similar to the strikes here in Destiny if not worse

What if the necrochasm was the first weapon to use the new bubble upgrade system? because it upgrades pretty similar to the new dlc upgrade system

GutZ31

Did h4 have content of similar difficulty to nightfalls or raids? If so, did the gaf community group up here, or just leave it to MM?
I don't remember any co-op stuff for halo 4.
Gotta admit though, didn't beat it because I found it boring/not as good as previous halos in my opinion.

If it did have co-op, I don't remember seeing the option.

patchday

Did h4 have content of similar difficulty to nightfalls or raids? If so, did the gaf community group up here, or just leave it to MM?

I always played with my friends. I never checked gaf for Halo

I don't remember any co-op stuff for halo 4.
Gotta admit though, didn't beat it because I found it boring/not as good as previous halos in my opinion.

If it did have co-op, I don't remember seeing the option.

Yeah the coop was pretty well done if played with good folks. especially due to the campaign. 343i took the time to add cutscenes and everything. Coop had its own unique story

Will probably bounce on that X1 if 343i delivers on Halo 5

ocean

Banned
Posting in Zoba's gaming thread. Haters must be educated, HoW doesn't deserve being shat on because of TDB's mess because I feel it genuinely brings positive changes to the table.

Daemul

I will never understand the constant comparison some people here make between the number of Halo and Destiny OT's, especially since they're comparing the total amount of Destiny OT's to the amount of Halo Community OT's, which doesn't include the OT's used for any of the individual Halo game releases.

Seriously, the comparison makes no sense.

ocean

Banned
I will never understand the constant comparison some people here make between the number of Halo and Destiny OT's, especially since they're comparing the total amount of Destiny OT's to the amount of Halo Community OT's, which doesn't include the OT's used for any of the full Halo game releases.

Seriously, the comparison makes no sense.
Making these comparisons is a foolish and meaningless endeavor. Moreover, there's Halo, 2, 3, 4, Reach, MCC, and all the attending reveal/leak/impressions/rumors/review/rant/LTTP etc threads for each. However, the OT count and sheer amount of random threads of Destiny is hard to grasp considering it's a single game that hasn't been out for a year yet.

Deku Tree

I will never understand the constant comparison some people here make between the number of Halo and Destiny OT's, especially since they're comparing the total amount of Destiny OT's to the amount of Halo Community OT's, which doesn't include the OT's used for any of the individual Halo game releases.

Seriously
, the comparison makes no sense.

Bolded part is not true though I don't believe.

Karl2177

Wat?...

Every halo that has had the ability to pre-make parties, every game that has had multiplayer with the ability to invite people, despite polish, has seen huge gains in fan following because of it.

Match making without the ability to bring your choice of people along would be terrible in this day in age, seeing as split screen is no longer 100% supported by devs around the world.

Reach threads on GAF were more about discussion(or something along on the lines of it lol) rather than posts looking to party up because the party system on Reach was fantastic. David Candland is a brilliant UI designer and Reach's UI is his best work, imo. If there were things like tags in Destiny that let other players know you were looking for a raid or a Nightfall group, it would surpass Reach.

No. The closest thing was weekly Spartan Ops missions, which were fairly lackluster in difficulty. It also didn't help that HaloGAF's reception of Halo 4 was largely negative, so not many people were even playing.

Deku Tree

Nope, the Halo Community threads are their own separate OT's, individual Halo games get their own OT's like the Halo:TMCC did.

They recently skipped an OT number because in the past they forgot to count the Halo Anniversary collection in the OT number.

Talk to Hawkain about OT number comparisons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom