• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
They recently skipped an OT number because in the past they forgot to count the Halo Anniversary collection in the OT number.

Talk to Hawkain about OT number comparisons.
The fact that you can even compare a single game to an entire decade + long franchise spanning 3 console generations says a lot about the love and hate this most recent Bungie production has merited here in GAF. I don't, however, think this can be usefully interpreted as meaning anything though :p

Karl2177

They recently skipped an OT number because in the past they forgot to count the Halo Anniversary collection in the OT number.

That's not the reason at all. It was called OT Anniversary because HaloGAF got shut down for 4 months and Wahrer though that by not calling it OT20, it might bring more positive discussion(Surprise: it didn't). There was an Anniversary thread in 2011 and a pair of MCC threads.

I have ascended to Guardian Lordship. Would love to be added to the Lord List. My PSN is kortez1981

16644714403_bf69323940.jpg

I'll PM Boguester

congrats!!

pretty sure i just did my first flawless solo raid. im too nervous to goto orbit since i didnt get the achievement yet so im waiting for the game to kick me out lol

edit:

QH1TGh2.png

just waiting on that cheevo to pop...the run seemed kind of glitchy, hope it doesn't impact it :/

65QUfpW.gif

I have 3 that are going to do a full normal VoG run as soon as we have 6. We could try for flawless (confident in us 3 since we raid together all the time) if there is enough interest. If not, anyone would be welcome, no experience, level, or gear requirement.

Daemul

Nah, you're confusing the title of the thread with the game. HaloGAF OT 20 was called Anniversary to bring some positivity to the community, it had nothing to do with Halo Anniversary the game.

EDIT:Goddamnit, beaten so badly. The curse of being a slow responder.

Are the weapon perks set in stone, or can they change depending on the "name" of the weapon? For instance, I don't think I've ever heard of a Hand Cannon getting Outlaw and Firefly other than FB, but the Crucible Vendor has a Scout with those perks. NOW, can a Scout also random drop with those? Can it be any Scout, or only the Rapier? Does anyone know the full extent of the Perk rules?

If I roll hard enough, will I ever be able to get a Vanquisher VIII with Outlaw and Firefly?

Deku Tree

Hawkian made a long detailed well researched post a long time ago about the relevance of comparing Halo Community OT numbers to the Destiny Community OTs. I think he had it right. Although I'm not about to dig it up.

Karl2177

pretty sure i just did my first flawless solo raid. im too nervous to goto orbit since i didnt get the achievement yet so im waiting for the game to kick me out lol

When we did it, you had to go to the "Log out of Destiny" option in the furthest right menu. Then sign back in and it'll pop.

Are the weapon perks set in stone, or can they change depending on the "name" of the weapon? For instance, I don't think I've ever heard of a Hand Cannon getting Outlaw and Firefly other than FB, but the Crucible Vendor has a Scout with those perks. NOW, can a Scout also random drop with those? Can it be any Scout, or only the Rapier? Does anyone know the full extent of the Perk rules?

If I roll hard enough, will I ever be able to get a Vanquisher VIII with Outlaw and Firefly?

From what I understand each type of weapon has a pool of perks that it can pull from. Some weapons are preset, like raid weapons and exotics. I've never seen an auto rifle with Firefly, so I'm sure that it is possible.

Atone13

I have 3 that are going to do a full normal VoG run as soon as we have 6. We could try for flawless (confident in us 3 since we raid together all the time) if there is enough interest. If not, anyone would be welcome, no experience, level, or gear requirement.

I'd be down for a normal VOG run, I make no promises on the flawless bit though... random deaths just seem to find me. psn is atone1382, just need a few mins before I turn on the ps4 though.

GutZ31

As far as I know, only scouts have a chance at firefly, I think outlaw is almost universal, except for maybe rocket launchers.

Never seen any auto rifles, pulse rifles, or hand cannons with firefly, but maybe someone else has?

ocean

Banned

Each weapon type has a perk pool. Firefly is a perk that can't roll on any Hand Cannon, which is what makes Fatebringer special for example. I can't tell you 100% but I am pretty sure Firefly can't roll on any Auto Rifles either.

I think Firefly is a Scout/Sniper/Fatebringer perk.

When we did it, you had to go to the "Log out of Destiny" option in the furthest right menu. Then sign back in and it'll pop.

From what I understand each type of weapon has a pool of perks that it can pull from. Some weapons are preset, like raid weapons and exotics. I've never seen an auto rifle with Firefly, so I'm sure that it is possible.

Yeah, Raid and Exotics aside, has anyone found a Rapier that wasn't from the vendor with those perks? Has anyone found an NITC with those? More so, is there a database with the potential pools? I want to start planing out my perfect gun/perk combination and don't want to re-roll a thousand times for something that isn't possible.

Edit:

As far as I know, only scouts have a chance at firefly, I think outlaw is almost universal, except for maybe rocket launchers.

Never seen any auto rifles, pulse rifles, or hand cannons with firefly, but maybe someone else has?

Each weapon type has a perk pool. Firefly is a perk that can't roll on any Hand Cannon, which is what makes Fatebringer special for example. I can't tell you 100% but I am pretty sure Firefly can't roll on any Auto Rifles either.

I think Firefly is a Scout/Sniper/Fatebringer perk.

Okay, maybe my best bet is to dream up a weapon, and ask if anyone has ever seen that perk combo. I'm thinking a Final Boss with Unflinching, Flared Magwell, and Play and Spray for PvP.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
wow... i would have stayed but toward the end, my somnolence was getting the better of me, and dragging the FT down. glad you all pulled it off!

Yeah. Everybody was really tired near the end. I personally was tipsy from my usual Friday shenanigans. We had him one hit from dying so many times but something stupid had to happen.

I've done all my stuff this week but I'm willing to help people out later tonight. Crota must die a billion times for last night. I think it took that one kill longer than the rest of my raids put together this week.

ocean

Banned
Yeah, Raid and Exotics aside, has anyone found a Rapier that wasn't from the vendor with those perks? Has anyone found an NITC with those? More so, is there a database with the potential pools? I want to start planing out my perfect gun/perk combination and don't want to re-roll a thousand times for something that isn't possible.
Outlaw + Firefly is also the default roll on the IB scout, which has higher impact than the Rapier. You could get NITC Or Badger with those perks but it's a matter of luck. You'd be better off getting the Rapier or the IB scout next time it's on sale if you're after that perk combo since waiting on a random drop can be frustrating.

Daemul

Skirmish turns to complete shit when there's a bounty available for it. People who have no business playing it flood in and ruin the mode with their ineptitude.

I'd be down for a normal VOG run, I make no promises on the flawless bit though... random deaths just seem to find me. psn is atone1382, just need a few mins before I turn on the ps4 though.

No worries. Looks like there won't be much interest, anyway. We're going to run through normal Crota first.

If anyone needs normal CE, you can join on Reignofsparrows. Fireteam is public. I'm doing a full run starting now.

Outlaw + Firefly is also the default roll on the IB scout, which has higher impact than the Rapier. You could get NITC Or Badger with those perks but it's a matter of luck. You'd be better off getting the Rapier or the IB scout next time it's on sale if you're after that perk combo since waiting on a random drop can be frustrating.

Sure. Honestly, with FB up-gradable, I should be fine (still may get the IB scout if it comes around). I was mostly using them as examples since that's just what I could think of at the time.

Namikaze1

One more for a full VoG HM run!

Will send invites once we got a full team.

In the meantime, I am going back to reading the Joker thread.

Mindlog

This one is called, Intriguing Proposition.
H4py6aD.jpg

Okay, maybe my best bet is to dream up a weapon, and ask if anyone has ever seen that perk combo. I'm thinking a Final Boss with Unflinching, Flared Magwell, and Play and Spray for PvP.
Within a day or two after the expansion releases I'm betting we will get a thorough rundown of the perk pool on reddit.

I have Serpentine, NITC, and Gheleon's Demise with Outlaw/Firefly. They're pretty good, but I rarely use them. Fatebringer.

Lexad

Is there a way to determine how many ghosts I have found so far. Would like to go after finding all 50 but would like to know how far along I am

Atone13

flawless raider popped!

100% achievement completion :D

Grats! This is one of those that I'm never too confident about getting, if I do get it I think it'll be by accident as something that just happens. Because you can be sure if I set out with the goal in mind of completing a flawless raid, I'm bound to rocket myself in the face at least 3 times.

No worries. Looks like there won't be much interest, anyway. We're going to run through normal Crota first.

If anyone needs normal CE, you can join on Reignofsparrows. Fireteam is public. I'm doing a full run starting now.

No prob, I'd join ya for that normal CE, but I've already got my clear for that and VoG HM done for the week. If that normal VoG picks up feel free to shoot me a message, be happy to come along and help out.

Is anyone having trouble staying connected to the Destiny servers or is that just me

I just ran through a strike with no problems, however I did rotate through 3 different party members throughout the strike though. So unless they were all quitters, something might be a bit wonky somewhere.

Grats! This is one of those that I'm never too confident about getting, if I do get it I think it'll be by accident as something that just happens. Because you can be sure if I set out with the goal in mind of completing a flawless raid, I'm bound to rocket myself in the face at least 3 times.

Thank you :D.

I did rocket myself and died to silly things a couple of times. I was so nervous killing crota it took me 4 swords lol.

No prob, I'd join ya for that normal CE, but I've already got my clear for that and VoG HM done for the week. If that normal VoG picks up feel free to shoot me a message, be happy to come along and help out.

I just ran through a strike with no problems, however I did rotate through 3 different party members throughout the strike though. So unless they were all quitters, something might be a bit wonky somewhere.

The difference with "Flawless Raider" is that everyone has to be flawless. You really do have to set out with that goal in mind. I don't mind dying, and especially on NM I play super sloppy because I use that as a chance to try new things. Hard is too hard for Flawless, and Normal you have a good chance of people goofing off.

That said, it's not too hard of an achievement. Get Drizzay on your team and don't use rockets or trip mines.

Frenden

Banned
And back down to zero. Fuck you pvp. Fuck you thorn. Fuck you bungie. Bounty deleted.

I feel liberated.

Despite being a positive K/D Crucible player, the Thorn bounty really stressed me out the first time I got it. I played like crap because I was so anxious.

I deleted it on my Hunter the first time I got it. The second time, I banged it out in one long evening of Iron Banner with randoms. It wasn't so bad and it actually taught me a lot about map control and patience.

I'd recommend doing it. I went from a barely positive K/D player to one who has the occasional Mark of the Unbroken match--both because I'm using Thorn now and it's amazing in PvP and because the bounty taught me how to be more conservative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom