• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atone13

The difference with "Flawless Raider" is that everyone has to be flawless. You really do have to set out with that goal in mind. I don't mind dying, and especially on NM I play super sloppy because I use that as a chance to try new things. Hard is too hard for Flawless, and Normal you have a good chance of people goofing off.

That said, it's not too hard of an achievement. Get Drizzay on your team and don't use rockets or trip mines.

Yeah I understand that. I honestly don't see myself going for that trophy any time soon, as I'm still relatively new and make silly mistakes all the time. (screw those holes in the dark tunnels in CE!!!) I'm more inclined to not actively seek it out because I know the whole time I'd be overwhelmed with the worry that I'm gonna be that guy that dies near the end to something stupid and ruin it for everyone. I'd be so worried about not screwing up, I'd screw up because of it lol.

shermas

Fourth attempt at the Thorn bounty. Pvp makes me rage delete every time. So far 4 matches in I have 12/500. It's not looking good.

this is so me. I've only tried it three times, though. I got to 112ish/500 in like 5 or 6 matches this most recent time... unbelievable start for me. I was thrilled.

It's been a month, at least, now... I'm currently at 108/500 and I can't even bring myself to play pvp right now.

QUESTION: If I have 2 exotic bounties with crucible requirements, can I stack them while I play?

phen0m24

Yeah I understand that. I honestly don't see myself going for that trophy any time soon, as I'm still relatively new and make silly mistakes all the time. (screw those holes in the dark tunnels in CE!!!) I'm more inclined to not actively seek it out because I know the whole time I'd be overwhelmed with the worry that I'm gonna be that guy that dies near the end to something stupid and ruin it for everyone. I'd be so worried about not screwing up, I'd screw up because of it lol.

Trust me: I'm the LAST person I would have ever thought would be part of a flawless team. the LAST person.

Went in there with Kadey, Drizzay and some fellow GAFers and we knocked it out. Crota's End is so short, even if you wipe you can start over pretty fast.

:)
this is so me. I've only tried it three times, though. I got to 112ish/500 in like 5 or 6 matches this most recent time... unbelievable start for me. I was thrilled.

It's been a month, at least, now... I'm currently at 108/500 and I can't even bring myself to play pvp right now.

QUESTION: If I have 2 exotic bounties with crucible requirements, can I stack them while I play?

Seriously everyone should hire my kid. He did it for me and for another buddy here who shall not be named. :p My son likes PvP hehehe

And I still hate playing with randoms .. add to that the gf(or possibly soon to be ex) is being a major b*itch right now.. the crucible is not being kind

GutZ31

Your attitude is exactly what I would expect from someone that can pull it off.
Being confident is nice and all, but it usually leads to stupid mistakes.

I like to play with people that at least feel the pressure a little, because those are the ones that will learn the fastest from mistakes.

sikkinixx

Despite being a positive K/D Crucible player, the Thorn bounty really stressed me out the first time I got it. I played like crap because I was so anxious.

I deleted it on my Hunter the first time I got it. The second time, I banged it out in one long evening of Iron Banner with randoms. It wasn't so bad and it actually taught me a lot about map control and patience.

I'd recommend doing it. I went from a barely positive K/D player to one who has the occasional Mark of the Unbroken match--both because I'm using Thorn now and it's amazing in PvP and because the bounty taught me how to be more conservative.

I thought that each time I've tried it and I just can't do it. The penalty for death is just too much. One bad match undoes an hour or more of work. Plus to do it well I feel like I need to complete raid and such to get primaries with void damage. The entire reason I'm doing the thorn bounty is to get a good weapon that never drops in strikes because I don't have the hour+ chunk of uninterrupted time I can dedicate to raids.

I've gotten 150 hours out of destiny so it's given me more than another dollar wise. But I've hit that point where it's just not fun anymore. Three weeks of running ~20 roc strikes each week, which are so easy now at level 31 they're boring, and I've gotten three purple engrams. And all of them turned out to be machine guns. Which I already have three legendary of.

I think the thorn bounty is my sign to put them game on ice until house of wolves and the I'll give it a go with new content.

TheOddOne

flawless raider popped!

100% achievement completion :D
My man!

190239.jpg

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Despite being a positive K/D Crucible player, the Thorn bounty really stressed me out the first time I got it. I played like crap because I was so anxious.

I deleted it on my Hunter the first time I got it. The second time, I banged it out in one long evening of Iron Banner with randoms. It wasn't so bad and it actually taught me a lot about map control and patience.

I'd recommend doing it. I went from a barely positive K/D player to one who has the occasional Mark of the Unbroken match--both because I'm using Thorn now and it's amazing in PvP and because the bounty taught me how to be more conservative.

Thorn users can go [insert heinous expletives]

Namikaze1

Will run VoG HM later again with my Hunter if anyone is interested in doing it with an alt or just for the hell of it.

Titan just needs the gauntlets and chest to complete the set.

Warlock needs everything but the boots.

nOoblet16

You don't even have to do the first part of CE, it's better if the first part gets soloed by a hunter. The hardest part of flawless raider is most definitely the Deathsinger and even that has a strategy to it that makes it easy, basically you block the thrall door with a bubble that disorientates them, get all the shooters/boomers and then just snipe Ir Yut from far away while standing on one of the boxes (I took over half of her health on my own during my flawless attempt). The Crota part itself is easy as you know. A lot of people freak out when she begins to sing the song and make mistakes because of the music and the flashing screen, but it's easiest to kill her that time as she is an easy target who never moves (and hence Blackhammer does short work of her from far away) and you get 30 seconds to do it !

You can die in the bridge section a bit though if you are not careful as there really is no cheese to it but Titan bubbles make the fight on the other side and killing Ogres easy.

Lnkn52

Will run VoG HM later again with my Hunter if anyone is interested in doing it with an alt or just for the hell of it.

Titan just needs the gauntlets and chest to complete the set.

Warlock needs everything but the boots.
I have time to do another run now.

Namikaze1

That was great. Thanks everyone!
It was. All three phases in the Templar stage nearly got us but we persevered.

Yes, thank you for waiting.
No problem. :)

Good job. First vog iv done with dgaf, and first hard from start to finish. Ur so good you almost couldnt see how much of a noob i was :p

Thanks for letting me come

I have time to do another run now.
I'm up for it now. We just need to get another team rolling unless the guys from the previous group want to do another one.

Namikaze1

Yeah, I'd be down to run again or start a fresh CE...

And again guys, super good run :)
that's 3 then.

Fake edit: maybe 4

If you guys are doing hard VoG again, do you have any open spots? I need one run as I am still looking for Warlock boots.
We got spot opens.

Just counted my exotics, I need 56 exotic shards to upgrade my entire collection when the expansion comes out!

Anyone down for a raid?
interested in a full VoG HM run?

shem935

Banned

I'm up for it now. We just need to get another team rolling unless the guys from the previous group want to do another one.

Yup I can. Nevermind. I don't need the drops and I don't want to take them from people who need them. Happy raiding!

deafmedal

My adrenaline was pumping hard when lnkn dropped at the start of the third wave, I was sure I would fuck it up lol! Templar was suuuper smooth :)

Just counted my exotics, I need 56 exotic shards to upgrade my entire collection when the expansion comes out!

With HoW I won't even bother upgrading them all. I upgraded all of mine to 331 for TDB but didn't even max damage them when upgrading. Colossal waste of time. Also some are just Crucible exotics so I won't bother until Iron Banner.

"Functional" Exotic Shards:

Nechrochasm
No Land Beyond
Hardlight
Monte Carlo
Dragon Breath

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Nami what's your PSN if you're still doing VoG?

I also started the void portion of the Thorn bounty today, it's not too bad. I'm at 56/500 after three games. I only have one void weapon, thankfully it's an amazing fusion rifle. The range on this thing is insane and it also has great charge.

All I need is 12 more Crucible marks and I can buy a void MG from the NM vendor, so that should help speed up the process. Really wish I had a primary void though. >_>

WipedOut

Anyone know where to get a Destiny Download code (XB1) on the cheap? Figure I might as well just go digital with this since I play it so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom