• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I am so beat. Staying up till 7 in the morning on the day before having to run a 5k. Never again.

Lamonster I'll load it up for you. I'm just stream monstering so I won't be doing any playing until maybe later tonight.

Anybody else wants Gorgons just jump in.

Carbonox

Got my second Gjallarhorn in a Crucible match earlier. Well happy.

I need to do the 500 kills with a void weapon for Thorn - any tips? I have void Shotguns, Snipers and Rocket Launchers but I was hoping for tips on primaries. After all this time I STILL lack a void primary. :/

I am so beat. Staying up till 7 in the morning on the day before having to run a 5k. Never again.

Lamonster I'll load it up for you. I'm just stream monstering so I won't be doing any playing until maybe later tonight.

Anybody else wants Gorgons just jump in.
Gracias!

Got my second Gjallarhorn in a Crucible match earlier. Well happy.

I need to do the 500 kills with a void weapon for Thorn - any tips? I have void Shotguns, Snipers and Rocket Launchers but I was hoping for tips on primaries. After all this time I STILL lack a void primary. :/

Didnt your void abilities counts for the bounty?

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Anyone wanna help taking down urzok?

I'm sick and tired of that motherfucker.

I was hoping for tips on primaries. After all this time I STILL lack a void primary. :/

Only two exist in the game: Word of Crota hand cannon that drops from HM Scrota and Atheons Epilogue auto rifle drops from NM and HM Atheon.

W of C is decent but not great for PvP, AE is hot garbage pea shooter. Secondaries, heavies and abilities can get the bounty done very well without any primary. A void machine gun like Corrective Measure or Jolders Hammer can do a looot of work.

patchday

GAF, I must admit I am so happy with this game right now. It just keeps improving

I hope the next dlc adds a bit more crucible features. At least increase the glimmer gains and give me some green/blue armors I can breakdown for mats. My titan is running out of plate armor fast. I might actually have to do a strike mission <shudders>

I like NFs, weekly, and crucible. So as you can imagine, I don't get much green armor. People probably think I'm kinda silly over the mic when I'm begging the game to drop me some green loot. And a part inside me dies when its a gun (cause I need plates- not weapon parts)

Alright its sunny outside. Taking the kid to the park. Maybe I can run a little Crota Normal later to get some more radiants.

Now that the dlc confirms it wont wipe our progress I finally feel motivated to max some of my guns (at least my legendaries)

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Quick please? Anyone?

Public event just dropped !

PSN BiGBoSSMk23

GAF, I must admit I am so happy with this game right now. It just keeps improving

I hope the next dlc adds a bit more crucible features. At least increase the glimmer gains and give me some green/blue armors I can breakdown for mats. My titan is running out of plate armor fast. I might actually have to do a strike mission <shudders>

I like NFs, weekly, and crucible. So as you can imagine, I don't get much green armor. People probably think I'm kinda silly over the mic when I'm begging the game to drop me some green loot. And a part inside me dies when its a gun (cause I need plates- not weapon parts)

Alright its sunny outside. Taking the kid to the park. Maybe I can run a little Crota Normal later to get some more radiants.

Now that the dlc confirms it wont wipe our progress I finally feel motivated to max some of my guns (at least my legendaries)

I'm pretty sure that the class mat requirement is going from 25/upgrade to 4/upgrade. You should be in good shape when HoW drops.

GutZ31

So, I have no color blindness whatsoever. Just wanted to get that out of the way.
Now, try changing the color blindness setting to the last one in the list, I think its yellow, blue.

I find it makes finding players name tags extremely easy, but do try the other filters as well.

I originally thought it would effect everything on screen, but it only effects HUD, and HUD markers.

287/500 on the Thorn bounty today, should be able to finish tomorrow. Would like to have it for the IB. It's funny, the gun I despise the most in pvp is the one I'm trying to get.

Had 30 fucking engrams to try the exotic trick and not one of them turned legendary. My legendary engram turned exotic regardless. Got another Truth, which I'm ok with. Really wanted it to be Thunderlord though.

Had 30 fucking engrams to try the exotic trick and not one of them turned legendary. My legendary engram turned exotic regardless. Got another Truth, which I'm ok with. Really wanted it to be Thunderlord though.

Pretty sure that trick has been debunked by now.

I know that feel with the Truth from an engram when hoping for TLord. Happened to me a few weeks back, made a gif of it but on mobile now...

The Train is ready to leave the station at anytime, but only if we have enough passengers.
i'll be up for it later tonight, if you guys are around. did not have a good KD ratio last night, so
a boatload of
additional practice is in order. still falling into the trap of chasing people a little too far, and not paying enough attention to my radar....

Pretty sure that trick has been debunked by now.

I know that feel with the Truth from an engram when hoping for TLord. Happened to me a few weeks back, made a gif of it but on mobile now...

I am still going to try with my Heavy. I turned in about a dozen blue's last night but no dice. Going to stock up and try again.

BokehKing

Banned
287/500 on the Thorn bounty today, should be able to finish tomorrow. Would like to have it for the IB. It's funny, the gun I despise the most in pvp is the one I'm trying to get.
What class are you trying to get it on? It was a lot easier pre-special ammo nerf
Just cheez it with a void fusion rifle

I am still going to try with my Heavy. I turned in about a dozen blue's last night but no dice. Going to stock up and try again.

Yeah everyone is saying that it's bogus, but I figured I would give it a shot.

Sure, no reason not to try. Odds of blue-->legendary are pretty low of course, but nothing to lose. I'm trying to get all 3 of my Cryptarch ranks close to leveling up so I can add 3 Cryptarch HoW packages to the faction ones I'll get once I level those ranks up.

What class are you trying to get it on? It was a lot easier pre-special ammo nerf
Just cheez it with a void fusion rifle

I only have a Titan, but it's been pretty good. Very easy to get kills with the magnetic grenade, Armamentarium helps a lot too! Also easy to get Disintegrate kills, since people still run into my WoD. The special ammo nerf is annoying though. Honestly if I had a primary void I'd be done by now. It's not as bad as people say it is, but I spend the majority of my time in pvp. So I'm used to it.

i tried 27, yes, 27 blue engrams... didn't get a single legendary flip out of them.
then i did 16 blue engrams... didn't get a single legendary.

gave up.

did some remaining blue ones and some legendary armor drops.

got Voidfang vestments out of one of them... *shrug* seems to be debunked, imo.

i tried 27, yes, 27 blue engrams... didn't get a single legendary flip out of them.
then i did 16 blue engrams... didn't get a single legendary.

gave up.

did some remaining blue ones and some legendary armor drops.

got Voidfang vestments out of one of them... *shrug* seems to be debunked, imo.

The trick supposedly doesn't work for armor, only weapons. That may be a factor in some reports.

BuzzJive

Yeah - Defender was easiest to do it with. Having Atheon's Epilogue helps, but mostly in a way that makes you sad that you're trying to kill anybody with Atheon's Epilogue, so you mostly fire just secondary and heavy weapons.

I've done it with all 3 classes now just to try it, and Hunter was easily the worst because of no Void subclass.

-griffy-

Banned
I found playing Clash made it go quickest on my hunter. Void sniper and rocket launcher, and just try to stay stocked up on special ammo as best you can.

shermas

Just did Templar HM for the first time ever and got a Fatebringer. I've been using Word of Crota as my primary for weeks (months?), so I'll give this one a try and see if it lives up to the hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom