• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shermas

Fatebringer is pretty legit... I was lucky to grab it after my first ever templar clear on hard and didn't think it would replace the Crota HC, but I like how it fires. Feels pretty solid and I've only just started ranking it up.

Flawless VoG? :)

Haha we've been trying to get a group going but just never works out with coordinating schedules with the few people goofy enough to want to try it :p

Hudson said he was working 12 hr shifts this weekend so I know he wouldn't be available. You mainly have time on weekends? My schedules can be all over the place but can usually make time if we plan something in advance. Technically we only "need" 4 to do flawless VoG, might be interesting to try with 4-5 if we can't find a full team. Except for the jumping puzzle, having 6 is definitely easier though.

Haven't seen scrota drop down from the platform yet..

Me neither, even with all the hours I've wasted in that room haha. Edit: never seen it while running sword myself. Seen it happen many times while others were
scrub
slicing. :p

It's not a glitch, those people were just slow running away from him so he'd stood up and maintained proximity-aggro long enough to follow them off the platform. There's no reason he has to stay up there, his AI pathing is just leashed there by default. His AI for aggro can override that pathing, same as how he might start running left when he's supposed to go right if someone is close enough to pull his proximity aggro.

Also the same as how the Sword Bear is leashed in the middle, but can be pulled all over the place (even up to the crystal room) if people mess with him too much.

Edit: also it's not a glitch when he teleports back up to the platform after dropping down. This behavior is programmed for all enemies if they're detected outside their intended area for too long. E.g. I've seen a Gorgon teleport back to his intended patrol route because I'd been messing with him too long and pulled him away from his "home base."

Me neither, even with all the hours I've wasted in that room haha. Edit: never seen it while running sword myself. Seen it happen many times while others were
scrub
slicing. :p

It's not a glitch, those people were just slow running away from him so he'd stood up and maintained proximity-aggro long enough to follow them off the platform. There's no reason he has to stay up there, his AI pathing is just leashed there by default. His AI for aggro can override that pathing, same as how he might start running left when he's supposed to go right if someone is close enough to pull his proximity aggro.

Also the same as how the Sword Bear is leashed in the middle, but can be pulled all over the place (even up to the crystal room) if people mess with him too much.

Edit: also it's not a glitch when he teleports back up to the platform after dropping down. This behavior is programmed for all enemies if they're detected outside their intended area for too long. E.g. I've seen a Gorgon teleport back to his intended patrol route because I'd been messing with him too long and pulled him away from his "home base."

We're just too good, that's why.

Epicsaxmusic.gif

Xion385

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I FINALLY GOT MY FATEBRINGER! SHOUTOUT TO THE GAF! SHOUTOUT TO THE RAID!!!! SHOUTOUT THE TEMPLAR!!!! SHOUTOUT TO IN-N-OUT FOR MAKING GREAT BURGERS!!! SHOUTOUT TO BUNGIE!!!

border

Normal or hard VoG full run, starting in 30 mins:

1. Narasingh
2. DarthJr.
3. Moridhin
4. border199x

I will attend this if it's hard mode. All I really need is Fatebringer, but I don't mind doing the whole thing if other people want to.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I FINALLY GOT MY FATEBRINGER! SHOUTOUT TO THE GAF! SHOUTOUT TO THE RAID!!!! SHOUTOUT THE TEMPLAR!!!! SHOUTOUT TO IN-N-OUT FOR MAKING GREAT BURGERS!!! SHOUTOUT TO BUNGIE!!!

Congrats! I just got my first one this past week thanks to ruthless, drizzy and others who invited me the other night. It was a damn special moment. Been leveling mine up and I love it. Such a great hand cannon! Everyone's first of a certain weapon they want is always special.

Lol as someone who was there to hear your on-mic reaction to getting your first GHorn from the Gorgons chest, how did this mic reaction compare?

border

It's been a while since I've run VoG Hard Mode.

Would Black Hammer + Super Good Advice be the preferred weapon combo for Atheon? Black Hammer will give you infinite ammo with no reloads when shooting Atheon, Super Good Advice will give you infinite ammo with no reloads when shooting Oracles (or has that glitch been patched out?).

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Fatebringer is the best PVE handcannon, that's about it.

I'm up for anything if anyone needs a hand otherwise I'm going to spend some time with bloodborne.

Ill join for that

I will attend this if it's hard mode. All I really need is Fatebringer, but I don't mind doing the whole thing if other people want to.

I'm down for this if it's hard. Really want the Vex.

PSN - EyelessOrphan

Can I get in? PSN: xVaalbarAx

Not sure what time you guys are going, but I'm good for hard VoG around 30 from now (~9:15pm PST)

Looks like we have a group. Don't mind saving the templar/atheon checkpoints if people want to run those multiple times.

I still don't know whats great about fatebringer

Relic scrubs are not worthy.

You and me both buddy. Super overrated.

How dare you sir!

I still don't know whats great about fatebringer

• 13 rounds with field scout.
  • outlaw and firefly compliment each other.
  • arc damage.
  • good base stats, especially the impact. word of crota by comparison feels so weak.
  • explosive rounds made it deadly in pvp before they were nerfed.
  • doesn't take up an exotic slot.

it's the perfect weapon for the endless trash mobs the game throws at you.

It's been a while since I've run VoG Hard Mode.

Would Black Hammer + Super Good Advice be the preferred weapon combo for Atheon? Black Hammer will give you infinite ammo with no reloads when shooting Atheon, Super Good Advice will give you infinite ammo with no reloads when shooting Oracles (or has that glitch been patched out?).

Black Hammer is the go to weapon for Atheon. With good timing and Atheon not dancing around a lot, we can easily kill him in the first Time's Vengeance.

SGA is great for oracles, as is Corrective Measure.

deafmedal

Not sure right now but hopefully I can make it. I'll try to see if enough other people could make it, and if so I'll definitely try to be available.
*thumbs up* no worries either way :)

Still looking to start a fresh NM CE if anyone is (still) interested...

Hard VoG full run, starting in 10 mins:

1. Narasingh (titan)
2. DarthJr. (titan)
3. Moridhin
4. border199x
5. EyelessOrphan
6. xVaalbarAx

Alt: blackjaw

My psn is ruthlesbarbarian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom