• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

down 2 orth

More common than before the PR buff and introduction of Obsidian Mind but that's not saying much since it was basically never used before. It can stack well with a Void Walker build but still not a great PvP exotic, just too low impact. Red Death is the go-to PR and HCs are the go-to exotics overall.

Yeah I was thinking it didn't really make sense to use it unless people are lacking some good exotics, but I saw some guys doing well with it.

The Last Word is getting a ton of representation too since Xur last sold it, which does make sense since its so damn good!

I know! I just need a few Rumble wins and then I'm done. Are you playing Crucible now? Just got the party invite but I gotta eat something now.

No worries, me and Ray were gonna do a little Skirmish so feel free to join up if you get back from eating.

Or if anyone else wants to be a third go ahead and join our party chat.

Xion385

A winner is you!

Hurry and level at least one of those bad boys up, I promise you will absolutely find it repulsive!

Best legendary hand cannon for PvE in the game.
I only have the damage upgrades left, but I'm finally wielding and feeling its power. I don't want to go back.

shermas

I only have the damage upgrades left, but I'm finally wielding and feeling its power. I don't want to go back.

After finally doing hard VoG and getting a vex and a fatebringer, I spent the day switching back and forth with them... for PvE, they're both awesome. The Vex actually made me put away my Icebreaker for a while and mess around with some of my shotguns. I think FBringer will make me put away WoC for a while. I'm a fan.

GutZ31

After finally doing hard VoG and getting a vex and a fatebringer, I spent the day switching back and forth with them... for PvE, they're both awesome. The Vex actually made me put away my Icebreaker for a while and mess around with some of my shotguns. I think FBringer will make me put away WoC for a while. I'm a fan.

Any story or strike missions,
CE abyss,
with many throw away enemies, like thrall or dregs, Fatebringer is a god send, and makes for some epic one shot multi kill explosions in blue arc damage.

Be ready to run with in it the next nightfall with arc burn, I find myself still getting most kills if no one else in the party has fatebringer but me.

Ran VoG again yesterday... All I got was a damn chest :(

Your best move is to do hard mode every week with multiple characters, and if you are only looking for fatebringer, focus on Templar fight only.
If you want to keep GAF friends on the other hand, be willing to do the whole thing. Team player, and all.

If you are looking for secondary, and heavy weapons from VoG, make sure you do normal mode before hard, as you get 2 chances at them like that.

GlamFM

Banned
Still need the VoG legs and the Hunger of Crota.

Sooooo...

Anybody down for a normal VoG and/or normal Crota run?

SnakeEyes

Banned
I need one more person for a Hard Vault of Glass. Add me on PSN, at Kurt-Niisan

Still need the VoG legs and the Hunger of Crota.

Sooooo...

Anybody down for a normal VoG and/or normal Crota run?
Wanna join my hard? I have 5 people so far who are 31/32 and running Hard for the loot to upgrade for House of Wolves :)

GlamFM

Banned
I need one more person for a Hard Vault of Glass. Add me on PSN, at Kurt-Niisan

Wanna join my hard? I have 5 people so far who are 31/32 and running Hard for the loot to upgrade for House of Wolves :)

Sure. I forgot, does VoG armor also drop on hard?

I could start in one hour.

Sure. I forgot, does VoG armor also drop on hard?

I could start in one hour.

It does drop on hard. I know there's some debate about your odds being better on normal since there are fewer weapons in the pool that could drop in the place of armor but of course nobody knows for sure what the exact percentages are for each.

Oracles, Templar and Gate Keepers can all drop legs, chest or arms. Helm only drops from HM Atheon.

Finally got 100 Rumble wins. Grinded 40 wins in just 2 days.

I had to hop off for a bit but just logged back on but it looks like you're off for now. Looks like group I was playing with before also went their separate ways by now.

If anyone wants to run PvP or Roc trains let me know, I'll probably do a little Dark Souls 2 for now.

I died. Back now.

What's this about ascending? Are weapons Super Saiyans?

Details are still a little hazy but basically you can upgrade any Legendary or Exotic weaopon/armor to the HoW level (365 attack, 42 light). Includes any vanilla or TDB gear.

Legendary items require new material called Etheric Light that is a random drop from activities in HoW. Not sure if every one has been confirmed, but apparently Prison of Elders, Trials of Osiris, NFalls, Raids and maybe other stuff like Iron Banner will have a chance to drop Etheric. The big question is exactly how rare this drop will be and how many chances players will have during a given week. Exotic items only require an exotic shard to ascend.

Exactly how it works hasn't been conveyed very clearly. Deej said the item had to be "fully upgraded" but wasn't clear if this simply required all the XP investment, actually purchasing all bubbles, or something else. Still a big question mark.

GlamFM

Banned
It does drop on hard. I know there's some debate about your odds being better on normal since there are fewer weapons in the pool that could drop in the place of armor but of course nobody knows for sure what the exact percentages are for each.

Oracles, Templar and Gate Keepers can all drop legs, chest or arms. Helm only drops from HM Atheon.

I had to hop off for a bit but just logged back on but it looks like you're off for now. Looks like group I was playing with before also went their separate ways by now.

If anyone wants to run PvP or Roc trains let me know, I'll probably do a little Dark Souls 2 for now.

Thanks, normal VoG it is!

Guys, is that exotic chest piece or the scout riddle from XUR any good?

I'm a level 29 hunter and I play half online and half single player. Just got home this weekend and don't have much time for research on it. I have one exotic helmet and one secondary weapon so far. My only two exotic items.

Yes or no?

Guys, is that exotic chest piece or the scout riddle from XUR any good?

I'm a level 29 hunter and I play half online and half single player. Just got home this weekend and don't have much time for research on it. I have one exotic helmet and one secondary weapon so far. My only two exotic items.

Yes or no?

Yeah but you're too late, Xur has departed.

Guardian Lord list has been updated. Congrats to our new Lords: carterd1981 and Poker Face!

He's still on my screen. So which ones would I get or both?

Since you already have an exotic armor piece I'd go with the Scout, it's a damn good exotic weapon that's useful in many activities and it's fun to shoot assuming you like scouts.

Cob32

Haven't played since around launch. Considering reinstalling. 2 quick questions;

1) can non raiders reach the level cap given enough time?

2) can pve only players purchase other faction items other than vanguard stuff?

Haven't played since around launch. Considering reinstalling. 2 quick questions;

-Yes absolutely, especially once HoW releases there will be many options for hitting the level cap

-No, sadly not. Stupidly every other vendor only accepts Crucible marks so you have to play that. (edit: assuming that by items you mean weapons and armor, the faction class items are bought with glimmer).

1) Yes but you'll need to grind iron banner for the armor. Wait till may 19th when all legendary gear will be upgradable to max light level.

Also, you should definitely raid.

2) Nope, but there might be changes next month that allow that or some sort of mark exchange. Otherwise, you'll need crucible marks for faction gear.

In anniversary of my 100th post, I totally destroyed a fellow countryman/girl in rumble.
And this is what you get as thanks.

r4k3adF.png

So ashamed of fellow Dutch people sending me all these messages full with diseases.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
In anniversary of my 100th post, I totally destroyed a fellow countryman/girl in rumble.
Yeah, but rumble can really mess with your mind. I wanted to send a few messages too but I figured it's not worth it. Haha.

Also Vex is great. I've been using that too.

FyreWulff

Details are still a little hazy but basically you can upgrade any Legendary or Exotic weaopon/armor to the HoW level (365 attack, 42 light). Includes any vanilla or TDB gear.

Legendary items require new material called Etheric Light that is a random drop from activities in HoW. Not sure if every one has been confirmed, but apparently Prison of Elders, Trials of Osiris, NFalls, Raids and maybe other stuff like Iron Banner will have a chance to drop Etheric. The big question is exactly how rare this drop will be and how many chances players will have during a given week. Exotic items only require an exotic shard to ascend.

Exactly how it works hasn't been conveyed very clearly. Deej said the item had to be "fully upgraded" but wasn't clear if this simply required all the XP investment, actually purchasing all bubbles, or something else. Still a big question mark.

I like that. If any legendary can be ascended that would mean a lot more variety in the appearance of max level characters.

About the closest you're going to get to transmog, because that only leaves out Uncommon and Common armors.

Yeah, but rumble can really mess with your mind. I wanted to send a few messages too but I figured it's not worth it. Haha.

Also Vex is great. I've been using that too.
So true, even though its better now since the special ammo patch. That Fellwinter's Lie.

Vex is good, but when enemies are running to the side it seems like its impossible to hit them. Must be the low bullet velocity or something.

I like that. If any legendary can be ascended that would mean a lot more variety in the appearance of max level characters.

About the closest you're going to get to transmog, because that only leaves out Uncommon and Common armors.

Rares are "left behind" as well, but yeah I get what you're saying and it's fantastic. The upgrade system for HoW is night and day improvement from the TDB debacle, at least with the details we know so far.

Vex is good, but when enemies are running to the side it seems like its impossible to hit them. Must be the low bullet velocity or something.

I heard something that since Vex is a FR it actually fires projectiles like a true FR does, or like shotguns, rockets, PvE enemies (e.g. Boomers) do. It's not a "hitscan weapon" like auto rifles, snipers, etc. and therefore velocity is slower and you'd have to actually lead targets more. Not a tech guy so maybe I'm talking out my ass but it seems to make sense in-game.

Yeah, but rumble can really mess with your mind. I wanted to send a few messages too but I figured it's not worth it. Haha..

I can't imagine why Crucible would make anyone rage out, it's always so delightful:

y4V32R.gif

I heard something that since Vex is a FR it actually fires projectiles like a true FR does, or like shotguns, rockets, PvE enemies (e.g. Boomers) do. It's not a "hitscan weapon" like auto rifles, snipers, etc. and therefore velocity is slower and you'd have to actually lead targets more. Not a tech guy so maybe I'm talking out my ass but it seems to make sense in-game.

Yeah that does make sense, I never think about it actually being a FR since its a primary, but the problem with the vex holds true for all other FRs as well.

Just gotta take enemies head on I guess!

So I still need Abyss Defiant, Hunger of Crota, Atheon's Epilogue, Praedyth's Timepiece and Praetorian Foil.

I'll probably try and at least finish a few HM Bridge runs this and next week, maybe take a few cracks at Crota too if I can find the people for it. Run VoG for the gear and the armor I still need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom