• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's the perfect weapon for the endless trash mobs the game throws at you.

Yep this post pretty much nails it. I'd add the Sure Shot IS sights that give "superb target acquisition" which improves crit shot auto aim iirc and obviously compliments Outlaw and Firefly so well. The guys who 2-manned HM VoG back in the day both used the same load out: FB + P's Revenge + GHorn.

Definitely not overrated but its strengths have to be taken in context, same as any gun. Not good for PvP, not good when you want a primary with range (especially since the HC nerf). Its PvE value is also a reflection of how much they've ruined ARs, and the PR buff didn't boost them for PvE as well as it did for PvP.

You know I'm in for hard flawless VoG.

After Googling, it seems 6pm EST Friday is 8am Saturday for you... I think? Time zones are weird.

Xion385

Lol as someone who was there to hear your on-mic reaction to getting your first GHorn from the Gorgons chest, how did this mic reaction compare?
It was 80% tamer than the G-Horn. Lol. I didnt have an out of body experience this time like last time. I said it too before the drop that I wasn't going to get it. I'm still pretty pumped I got it before HoW.

Arrrammis

I still don't know whats great about fatebringer

- Has firefly perk (explosion on headshot kills), which is normally only available on scout rifles (i.e. no other hand cannon in the game has it)
- Does arc damage (amazing at launch, still arguably the best arc damage dealer)
- Easy to control recoil with good fire rate for a hand cannon
- Large clip

If you're not big into hand cannons, then Fatebringer probably still doesn't seem good. Personally, it's still the best for me in PvE, with Hawkmoon being a close second.

- Has firefly perk (explosion on headshot kills), which is normally only available on scout rifles (i.e. no other hand cannon in the game has it)
- Does arc damage (amazing at launch, still arguably the best arc damage dealer)
- Easy to control recoil with good fire rate for a hand cannon
- Large clip

If you're not big into hand cannons, then Fatebringer probably still doesn't seem good. Personally, it's still the best for me in PvE, with Hawkmoon being a close second.

I see ._. I do like Handcannons. It's on my list then.

You'll get your skills back, I had to do that a few weeks ago too. On the bright side, those games were super fun!

I'll have to show you guys my power level. I don't pvp because when I do, I always win

I see ._. I do like Handcannons. It's on my list then.

I'll have to show you guys my power level. I don't pvp because when I do, I always win
watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Would Black Hammer + Super Good Advice be the preferred weapon combo for Atheon? Black Hammer will give you infinite ammo with no reloads when shooting Atheon, Super Good Advice will give you infinite ammo with no reloads when shooting Oracles (or has that glitch been patched out?).

Black Hammer is the go to weapon for Atheon. With good timing and Atheon not dancing around a lot, we can easily kill him in the first Time's Vengeance.

SGA is great for oracles, as is Corrective Measure.

Back in the day, I was 1-portal killing Atheon with 300 Atk Horns before you hipster whipper snappers knew what a BHam was! Get off my lawn!

On a serious note, the team should all use one or the other, especially for BHam'ing. Even one person using rockets or grenades will make him dance a ton and derail the Ham pain train. I'd still take #TeamHorn in a true Atheon speed kill challenge, although it'd be interesting. I've 1-portal Horned him with 10+ T's V seconds to spare, while our BH kills have always gone down to the wire.

As for the SGA vs CM debate, CM gets the edge for its Void damage on the right side Minotaur and its Field scout + Surplus + Oracle Disruptor perks make the SGA ammo advantage pretty moot. Of course both are good so use w/e is fun but CM is the min/max winner.

lol assmatgaf always delivers with the reaction gifs :p

On a serious note, I assume your post is joking but if it's serious at all I will totally delete it Breezy. We do a lot of playful teasing around here about "scrubbing it up" haha.

lol assmatgaf always delivers with the reaction gifs :p

On a serious note, I assume your post is joking but if it's serious at all I will totally delete it Breezy. We do a lot of playful teasing around here about "scrubbing it up" haha.

I'm playing for the reactions as well :p It's always more fun when you can poke fun at yourself

^Cool, that's what I figured :)

Speaking of scrubbing it up, I can't resist re-posting this classic when the situation arises:

Lots o Thunderlawds dropped today. I think everyone who needed one got one. Especially those who played for a long time and haven't gotten it yet.

I see how it is. The Gaf clan wars are real! How about you take a long walk off a short Atheon platform...

LN77CVo.gif

Now I know what Driz felt like on hard mode day one.

Someone finally understands... *wipes away single tear* Nevermind everyone, Gaf clan wars are cancelled.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Guys I don't get this.

I don't get anything for running raids again?

I've run VoG normal a couple times now with different groups and I'm not getting anything. Not even shards... :(

darthbob

Guys I don't get this.

I don't get anything for running raids again?

I've run VoG normal a couple times now with different groups and I'm not getting anything. Not even shards... :(

A single character can only run VoG once a week if you're trying to get drops from it. If you have two other characters they can also run it once, for a total of 3 runs.

Is it just me or did Bad Juju suddenly become one of the most used weapons in the crucible?

More common than before the PR buff and introduction of Obsidian Mind but that's not saying much since it was basically never used before. It can stack well with a Void Walker build but still not a great PvP exotic, just too low impact. Red Death is the go-to PR and HCs are the go-to exotics overall.

You mean Thorn?

Yep. The Thorn's "thunk-thunk" sound effect is the new version of the old Suros "tick-tick-tick-tick." Good thing they nerfed so many guns so that we would see more Crucible weapon variety :-/

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
kthnx

back to the n00b corner I go...

I'd be down for either PvP or a RoC train if anybody wants. Wouldn't mind stacking some marks but can't deal with rando's for either activity...

Xion385

HOLY FUCK GAF! I had another Fatebringer and my 4th Thunderlord waiting for me at the postmaster....... I think I need...... I think I need to sit down..... I feel like I'm dreaming.....

Crucible w/ randos is one of the most insufferable gaming experiences imaginable. Playing the first two-thirds of a Clash round when it's 3v6 is awesome, smh.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Crucible w/ randos is one of the most insufferable gaming experiences imaginable. Playing the first two-thirds of a Clash round when it's 3v6 is awesome, smh.
I know! I just need a few Rumble wins and then I'm done. Are you playing Crucible now? Just got the party invite but I gotta eat something now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom