• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
took the sparrow out for a spin

aaaaand he sticks the landing! While also ignoring the scrub who died, as it should be.

Normal VoG or Crota anybody?

I'd be down for a normal VoG run if enough others express interest to get it off the ground. If there are any newer players around who want to try raiding and/or VoG for the first time, I'd be happy to help sherpa-derp along with Glam here.

Strongly recommend new players learn the encounters on Normal before jumping into Hard. That tends to happen a lot these days since most people only want to do Hard for the better weapons. Much more fun to have a relaxed learning experience on Normal first.

Sitting here in my office at work... the crucible train from yesterday/last night is kicking my a$$.

Better to have trained and lost (sleep) than to never have trained at all.

Shout out to Raybunzeezy on the super fun Skirmish matches earlier, especially this nail biter:

CDf37xxUMAIpDr3.jpg:large

Text prompts actually said a player on the other team "dealt the final blow" but my kill immediately after that put us 10 points over for the W.

yDWDnx.gif

Zocano

Huh, what's going on in here? Hand cannons still haven't been nerfed to hell? I'll check back in next week.

Sorta been itching to play some but PVP isn't as diverse as I'd like it to be and I pretty much have all I want (sans Gjallarhorn). Might do a raid just to do a raid after reset.

On one hand, I think it's a good idea that we are getting a true horde mode. This game really needs that kind of permanently (hopefully?) random PvE content.

The raids are quite fun but because of the lack of depth in mechanics, they become too rote (and finished too quickly) for them to really have any real legs.

I doubt it will happen but I would love for there to be a raid that's difficult enough mechanically (e.g. requires extreme and diverse team coordination) such that the first real raid victory doesn't happen for at least a week or so. That's what's awesome about the early FF14 raids and WoW raids. They weren't beat and dissected as quickly as Destiny ones are. And while they're not the same games, with the way they've been approaching content, it would have helped them a lot if the raids were actually to that degree of difficulty and length. I know on my server in FF14, the final raid wasn't completed for at least a month. That's the kind of shit I want. Brutally intense and all about getting the gear progression from the raid to be able to beat the later parts of the raid. Sadly that's not at all as to how they've approached it.

At least Horde mode will be mindlessly (and hopefully near-infinitely) enjoyable. I hope they have a way to implement altering level design. Like you move from place to place or the stage changes as you persist. Would help with cheesing, too (probably).

I hope they have a way to implement altering level design. Like you move from place to place or the stage changes as you persist..

The Arena's environmental/map designs are my biggest concern right now, followed by the activity's length/depth and the degree of randomization. If it's literally a single big open room/playing space, like an actual arena, that would be a serious bummer. Maybe some randomly generated topography and structures for cover could alter it, like you said. Fingers crossed.

Haha we've been trying to get a group going but just never works out with coordinating schedules with the few people goofy enough to want to try it :p

Hudson said he was working 12 hr shifts this weekend so I know he wouldn't be available. You mainly have time on weekends? My schedules can be all over the place but can usually make time if we plan something in advance. Technically we only "need" 4 to do flawless VoG, might be interesting to try with 4-5 if we can't find a full team. Except for the jumping puzzle, having 6 is definitely easier though.

Yeah, I'm out of Flawless for the next couple of weekends until my schedule rotates back to weekdays. I still get to play a bit, but boy do I stink when I'm tired and looking at the clock the whole time.

Played some PvP last night and had a 0.13 K/D on my first game. I had a good time, but I hope that I didn't bring Unstable and Pity's W/L down too much. I finally started to get into a groove on our last match, so I hope to build on that and deploy some new tactics. I ran straight through a ST-14 bubble and dropped a trip mine inside. The guy looked really confused as to where I went until he blew up.

amar212

All done. Gimma dat Thorn!

I have few new Exotics bounties done, ready to be picked up from vendors.

Observing the Wednedsay HoW reveal, it looks to me it is not viable, since I can upgrade my already owned and graded Exotics via one Exotic shard and some consums. Am I reading it right?

Yeah, I'm out of Flawless for the next couple of weekends until my schedule rotates back to weekdays. I still get to play a bit, but boy do I stink when I'm tired and looking at the clock the whole time.

Played some PvP last night and had a 0.13 K/D on my first game. I had a good time, but I hope that I didn't bring Unstable and Pity's W/L down too much. I finally started to get into a groove on our last match, so I hope to build on that and deploy some new tactics. I ran straight through a ST-14 bubble and dropped a trip mine inside. The guy looked really confused as to where I went until he blew up.

Yeah, it's gonna be tough to find a good time when there are so few people interested in the first place, but the stars will align someday.

PvP is a nice change of pace for PvE-focused players that want some new challenges and experiences at this point, considering how many times we've all run through the usual weekly content. It's fun to experiment with different guns, subclasses, grenades etc. Definitely hit me up sometime for some four-letter-filled fun times.

witness

Two exotics in two days, man I'm hyped. Both chest pieces coincidentally enough, luckily one of them was for my Titan. I then got another one for a hunter......so now I created a hunter....

F is fire that burns down the last city
U is for Uranium, BOMBS
N is for no survivers

Down here in the piece of shit named Earth after Humanity got rekted.

nOoblet16

Been wondering, what is the point of having shield in crucible ? Not like Halo where you take hits to the shield first (even if you have a sliver of shield left and you do a melee it's the shield that goes down first and the health is unaffected) or like Halo Reach where shield regenerates but health doesn't until you pick a health pack.

You only get one health bar to see for yourself and it doesn't matter if the enemy still has some shield left because if you hit them then the shield goes away and takes a chunk of their health too. I don't even know at which point I lose my shield.

Basically why even have the shields in crucible?

BokehKing

Banned
Been wondering, what is the point of having shield in crucible ? Not like Halo where you take hits to the shield first (even if you have a sliver of shield left and you do a melee it's the shield that goes down first and the health is unaffected) or like Halo Reach where shield regenerates but health doesn't until you pick a health pack.

You only get one health bar to see for yourself and it doesn't matter if the enemy still has some shield left because if you hit them then the shield goes away and takes a chunk of their health too. I don't even know at which point I lose my shield.

Basically why even have the shields in crucible?
True, I mean you hear the shield break I believe (maybe thinking of Halo though) the true shield is when you're a Titan or warlock and you get that additional blue shield

Yeah, it's gonna be tough to find a good time when there are so few people interested in the first place, but the stars will align someday.

PvP is a nice change of pace for PvE-focused players that want some new challenges and experiences at this point, considering how many times we've all run through the usual weekly content. It's fun to experiment with different guns, subclasses, grenades etc. Definitely hit me up sometime for some four-letter-filled fun times.

I think the biggest driver for me to jump into PvP is the ability to ascend gear. I spent a bunch of time trying to win a 300 hand cannon in IB, and then it was outclassed by 331's before I even had a chance to level it. Now that I can bring that gear along for the ride, I don't mind investing some time into those events.

four-letter-filled fun times.

Perfection!

Just purchased the Xbox One with the promo they running for system trade ins.

Considering Destiny but I admit I havent followed it all since it was released. Good? Bad? Getting better?

I like the typical MMO on the PC. Does this have end game raiding content, etc etc

haha we wouldn't want our next title to be too negative :p Zoba posted some good suggestions, some variation incorporating "Trials" and "Prison" could be a winner. We'll keep brainstorming as things progress, the biggest determining factor will be the timing of OT20's death relative to HoW release. The next reveals for ToO and PoE should generate plenty of activity. Hopefully they keep the good vibes flowing and people rev back up in preparation for its release.

Deku Tree

Considering Destiny but I admit I havent followed it all since it was released. Good? Bad? Getting better?

I like the typical MMO on the PC. Does this have end game raiding content, etc etc

Good and getting better with the HoW expansion on May 19.
Yes the game has end game raiding content and a very active GAF community.

Getting hell of a lot better. Great time to jump in.

Homeboyd

Check the OP and first reply for the Xbone community. Most players here are on ps4, but we have a pretty solid group running just about everything each week.

The community here loves the game and as others have said, it's about to get much, much better with this next DLC. Quality of life update we've been asking for for a long time as well as some new game modes and story content.

Definitely recommend jumping in. Use some of the guides in the OP to get a better understanding of leveling to end-game etc. Yes there are raids (2 currently), 1 with the original launch (the better of the 2) and a 2nd in the first DLC. We have tons of players running these constantly throughout the week, so once you get to the appropriate level, you should be able to jump in with no problem.

Let us know if you pick it up.

Yes that as well. Forgot to say that.

Also probably many disagree with me. But I'd like a playlist with visible rankings.

I agree, that's one thing Destiny's pvp is missing. Competition. There's really is no reason to form a team or play competitively. ToO is coming so that should help. Having a competitive playlist with ranks, better MM, and exclusive rewards would be great.

Frankly speaking, the game has great gunplay, artwork and design. Its severely lacking in story and is a grindfest till the end game content due to RNG. However I will say its extremely great at coop, the raids are best content and the community is very friendly and helpful :) Its worth it if you dont mind a little grind which may change with the new DLC? I have not been following the news lately :p

I'd love to raid today if people don't mind a level 29 who knows nothing about raiding tagging along. My ps4 tag is TheMostHumanAI

Edit: okay maybe not hard mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom