• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent

Does anyone have the gorgon checkpoint I can grab 3x quick? I'm starting to hoard materials in anticipation of HoW releasing. PSN: phantom8324

Deku Tree

He is one of the youtubers who went to Bungie to play HoW, and about 5 minutes ago in his stream he said this:

PoE is nothing like Zombies. I wouldn't even equate it to Zombies. It's something completely different.
He also said that the mechanics and things that his team had to do in the PoE were really interesting and fun, but that his team finished it relatively quickly. So what is your opinion on this info?

UPDATE: EC says that the new strike will be his "next favorite strike."

UPDATE 2: EC confirms ToO is 3v3

UPDATE 3: EC says that the length of PoE is akin to the length of an average raid.

UPDATE 4: When asked if HoW was better than TDB, he responds, "It's different. It's definitely a fun experience. I can't say much right now but I know a lot of people will like it."

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...discussion_enragedcinema_confirms_poe_is_not/

[Discussion] New modifiers in HoW says EnragedCinema (self.DestinyTheGame)
submitted 11 hours ago by Joseei
A few minutes ago on EnragedCinema's (Prodigy) twitch stream, who just came back from Bungie, he said there was new Modifiers (like currently there is Epic, Angry etc) in Nightfalls etc. He couldn't go into detail though. What do you think the new ones will be?
94 commentsshare

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...sion_new_modifiers_in_how_says_enragedcinema/

X-Frame

Can anyone help me get rid of the "Vanguard Armory: Cannot Download" error that occurs every day for me?

I had this in September when it released but fixed it by restoring licenses or something. It came back a few weeks ago and I can't seem to get rid of it.

Deku Tree

Can anyone help me get rid of the "Vanguard Armory: Cannot Download" error that occurs every day for me?

I had this in September when it released but fixed it by restoring licenses or something. It came back a few weeks ago and I can't seem to get rid of it.

Restore licenses again? Delete and reinstall?

E92 M3

Darn it...forgot to visit Xur this weekend to buy my weekly telemetries and heavy ammo. I like to spend 7-9 coins a week on supplies.

GutZ31

Delete the game again,
turn off the PS4,
and unplug it for 3 minutes.
After the 3 minutes, plug it back in, press and hold the power button for 7-8 seconds, or until you hear a second beep.
In "Safe Mode", select "Rebuild Database", the system restarts, and takes you back to normal boot to rebuild.
After it was done rebuilding, Download the game from your library without doing anything else until done.
Renewed Licenses after the download is done.
Everything is as it should be finally.

This is the official method that customer support gives at Sony to fix severe licensing issues.

Deku Tree

Been playing Destiny PvP with Randoms. Getting better. Trying to get to Crucible Rank 3 and have a lot of Crucible marks on 3 toons for HoW.

Maybe I'll jump in the Crucible GAF train next reset if people are playing.

GhaleonEB

Now that CoD BO3 is current gen only I hope that Bungie and Acti make the same call for the Future of Destiny.

I have no doubt that Destiny 2 will be on current gen only. The transition is happening fast and it clearly held back the design in many ways, from menus (vault) to world design.

I have no doubt that Destiny 2 will be on current gen only. The transition is happening fast and it clearly held back the design in many ways, from menus (vault) to world design.
While I'm not buying Destiny 2 at launch. I'm very excited to see what they can do with just focusing on current gen and not last as well.

I'm hoping for bigger playing spaces, full fledged actual city to explore. wildlife/npcs on the map this time and space battles(the dream shall not die).

GutZ31

While I'm not buying Destiny 2 at launch. I'm very excited to see what they can do with just focusing on current gen and not last as well.

I'm hoping for bigger playing spaces, full fledged actual city to explore. wildlife/npcs on the map this time and space battles(the dream shall not die).

Are you trying to seduce me?
Wildlife? Space Battles? In MY Destiny?!

I really would like to see deer, wolves, rabbits, and such being chased around by fallen or hive.
Have wolves randomly attack singled out players/enemies. Deer and rabbits that are hunted by the fallen and cooked at camp fires to show they eat, and live like everything else.
Would also make it feel like you are protecting the wildlife with taking out the fallen/hive that are killing our wildlife.

Are you trying to seduce me?
Wildlife? Space Battles? In MY Destiny?!
tumblr_lju9gynzBJ1qdvraco1_400.gif

Deku Tree

I just input a 12 month PS+ card into Sony's web site... how long should it take for their systems to show that my PS+ subscription end date extends for another 12 months? it is not showing it right away...

GutZ31

I just input a 12 month PS+ card into Sony's web site... how long should it take for their systems to show that my PS+ subscription end date extends for another 12 months? it is not showing it right away...

Its not like its live updated, turn off and back on the PS4 if you can confirm that it was input successfully on the webpage.

phen0m24

haha we wouldn't want our next title to be too negative :p Zoba posted some good suggestions, some variation incorporating "Trials" and "Prison" could be a winner. We'll keep brainstorming as things progress, the biggest determining factor will be the timing of OT20's death relative to HoW release. The next reveals for ToO and PoE should generate plenty of activity. Hopefully they keep the good vibes flowing and people rev back up in preparation for its release.
;) just liked it because of the alliteration

GutZ31

tumblr_inline_mk7yw5gPZ61qz4rgp.gif

You don't know what you've started!

Well I got an email from Sony saying thx for your purchase.
Where do I check my PS+ sub date on my PS4 menu?
Thx!

If you got an email confirmation, you are golden in all likelihood.

Its easier to just check your status on the sony playstation website.
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/home/main?smcid=psforums:nav-playstationstore

Or, for PS4, go to Settings > PSN > Account Information > Services List > Playstation Plus.

Holy balls we just got rekt in Skirmish by the "13 Devils" clan or something. All Bladedancing, blinking TLW users, I wonder why o_O

So Thorn is currently the OP weapon of the PVP? That thing is bullshit.

Yeah like Nooblet said, TLW is the usual choice for top players with the highest skill ceiling potential but its much harder to master than Thorn. Thorn and HMoon are both still fantastic (slight edge to Thorn) but fit very different play styles with more range and spacing. TLW is perfect for aggressive players, especially combined with blink jump.

It shows right away. Check info on any ps plus free game that you have downloaded, it will show the date till it's valid.

You guys have convinced me. Picking it up today.

I have the Halo collection (only played original on Xbox), Shadows of Mordor ($19 at BB), Titanfall ($8 at BB), Advanced Warfighter, and now Destiny to keep me busy for awhile, woot.

GutZ31

You guys have convinced me. Picking it up today.

I have the Halo collection (only played original on Xbox), Shadows of Mordor ($19 at BB), Titanfall ($8 at BB), Advanced Warfighter, and now Destiny to keep me busy for awhile, woot.

Have you read nothing on this thread!? You have doomed us all!

Welcome aboard the derailed train!

RedFury

Holy balls we just got rekt in Skirmish by the "13 Devils" clan or something. All Bladedancing, blinking TLW users, I wonder why o_O

Yeah like Nooblet said, TLW is the usual choice for top players with the highest skill ceiling potential but its much harder to master than Thorn. Thorn and HMoon are both still fantastic (slight edge to Thorn) but fit very different play styles with more range and spacing. TLW is perfect for aggressive players, especially combined with blink jump.
Lol that's partially a gaf clan. Twilight_gap, zoba, etc.

RedFury

Anyone running crota HM kills I can tag along in? Won't be much help 2 lvl 30s, and 1 lvl 31 but I really want that sweet handcannon.

Isn't Zoba in that Clan?

Edit: https://www.destinytracker.com/clans/377512/13-devils

Yup PvP wrecking crew clan confirmed.

I thought I recognized their names for some reason. Why would you let your friends be so mean to us Zoba ;_;

NKmj87W.png

In our (not really) defense, I stopped playing and just inspected their load outs for a while to memorize what they were running, lol. Excuse #2: it was already the last match we were gonna do now so we weren't really trying. Excuse #3: I'm legally blind.

Mindlog

So Thorn is currently the OP weapon of the PVP? That thing is bullshit.
TLW has a big edge in mid-range 1v1 encounters.
Other than that I've had success with just about everything. Recently started using Red Death again and I have been doing well.

Except PvP matchmaking... I still have issues.
In one span I was matched against a full team, dropped into an early game in progress with our team's score doubled, dropped into a game in progress with our team losing by ~7k and finally matched against another team of 6. What the hell? It seems like my only options are to roll with a full team and faceroll everything or roll with randoms and lose almost everything. It gets old. The handful of games where I'm paired with another good player can be really fun! Quit being an ass matchmaking.

I have mostly very nice things to say about PvE matchmaking.

Hyun Sai

I honestly don't care much that I dismantled The Devil you know and Shadow Price. In the end, I didn't use them anymore because I had Fatebringer X3 and Vison of Confluence X3 for my 3 characters. I kinda only use elemental primary now based on the opponent, and now that I have Word of Crota X3, well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom