• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was funny because we played that Matty guy from the same clan earlier and he wasn't very good (that round anyway). I assume just because he was doing Control by himself or something but we won pretty easily:

7pWI1Gt.png

Twilight is Zoba. :)

Twilight who? Dude's not even good.

1v1 me bro. 1v1 me.
please don't

Namikaze1

How's everyone on this fine day?

Just finished watching Whiplash (great movie and that ending!) and am now diving back into Destiny to do today's round of Vanguard + Eris bounties and Daily.

E92 M3

How's everyone on this fine day?

Just finished watching Whiplash (great movie and that ending!) and am now diving back into Destiny to do today's round of Vanguard + Eris bounties and Daily.

Beautiful weather, so taking a drive and doing some errands :)

He is one of the youtubers who went to Bungie to play HoW, and about 5 minutes ago in his stream he said this:

PoE is nothing like Zombies. I wouldn't even equate it to Zombies. It's something completely different.
He also said that the mechanics and things that his team had to do in the PoE were really interesting and fun, but that his team finished it relatively quickly. So what is your opinion on this info?

UPDATE: EC says that the new strike will be his "next favorite strike."

UPDATE 2: EC confirms ToO is 3v3

UPDATE 3: EC says that the length of PoE is akin to the length of an average raid.

UPDATE 4: When asked if HoW was better than TDB, he responds, "It's different. It's definitely a fun experience. I can't say much right now but I know a lot of people will like it."

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...discussion_enragedcinema_confirms_poe_is_not/

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...sion_new_modifiers_in_how_says_enragedcinema/

I'm working on staying optimistic, but I don't know about the "average raid" length and "a lot of people will like HoW".

How long did the first run through of Crota take? Hours? How long does NM Crota take now? 1/2 hour, 20 min? If they finished PoE while taking a tour of Bungie in a half hour, that's a bit disappointing.

I also wonder if the people who will like HoW are PvE or PvP people?

Deku Tree

3x because I'm putting xp towards a lot of class based armor.

If you have saved CP then almost all of the 5K bounties take about two minutes to do. But it's boring to do them over and over across 3 toons.

I can't bring myself to melee kill 30 enemies across three characters.

If you have saved CP then almost all of the 5K bounties take about two minutes to do. But it's boring to do them over and over across 3 toons.

Those are the ones I can actually do three times. The story mission ones are the ones I tend to do only on one character, unless if it's missions like Zydron where I always have the pre-boss checkpoint stored.

That said, I'm pacing myself so I don't get burned out before HoW arrives. Playing some other games in the mean time.

Namikaze1

Today's bounties are pretty easy. I restart the Archive one since I can easily get 9 Fallen Majors in that mission. I can get about half of the Vex Majors in the Daily and complete or come close to the two kill 100 enemies bounties.

I hope PoE has modifiers as well.

Has anyone here even finished the Thorn bounty since the patch? How difficult has it become? All I've seen lately are posts from people saying they are struggling with it. I'm thinking of finally taking a stab at it this week with IB coming up. Need Thorn.

DNAbro

Haven't played in awhile and decided to get back on. Did the daily story mission, got a legendary helmet enegram, turned into an exotic hunter helm.

Coolio.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.

I usually just do the melee kills + eris sword kills + kill 3 blades of crota at the same time in the fist of crota mission since sword kills count as melee kills.

Mindlog

Zydron + Vex Majors is one of the easiest combinations.
Just damage Zydron and camp out on the platform to the right of his gate. The three major Hobgoblins will keep respawning and Zydron also counts as a major. So three quick spawn waves and then killing Zybron is two +100 rep bounties.

Has anyone here even finished the Thorn bounty since the patch? How difficult has it become? All I've seen lately are posts from people saying they are struggling with it. I'm thinking of finally taking a stab at it this week with IB coming up. Need Thorn.

Haven't done it since the patch but did it 3x previously (one per class) and I never relied too much on the secondary. Of course Warlocks are easiest and Hunters are hardest but you can get a lot of kills of void walker and defender abilities. A few good runs with Corrective Measure or another void MG can work wonders. Even with the secondary ammo nerf, you can still use it plenty as long as you actually pay attention to the spawn points/timers and don't be too wasteful. You didn't have to remotely try to keep your secondary filled before the patch, so I think it's a nice change that won't slow your progress much.

GreyWind

Have you guys ever had to deal with someone accusing you of cheating for doing good in one game?

Z0wGn5d.png

According to this one person from the other team I was hacking the game and that is why I was able to spawn multiple bubbles in a short amount of time.

Mindlog

vy5RCSB.gif

My last Crucible game for a while. At least this one was close. Losing every single game is just not very fun. All my characters are over 180 marks so no need to go through that anymore. I have more than enough commendations to get them over level 3 rep if that system works the way it should.

ocean

Banned
vy5RCSB.gif

My last Crucible game for a while. At least this one was close. Losing every single game is just not very fun. All my characters are over 180 marks so no need to go through that anymore. I have more than enough commendations to get them over level 3 rep if that system works the way it should.
I only play when there's a GAF train I can hop on.

^edit: lol good timing :p

My last Crucible game for a while.

Tell me about it. Look at these scrubs I have to carry with my 133t skills:

y4VDXd.gif

But seriously I don't know how anyone tolerates rando matches. Especially in 3v3 modes, you get some very competitive matches against full fireteams or even get run over by a top squad like we did today. I'd rather err on the side of winning too much, plus the benefit of having buddies to commiserate with about your Crucible woes.

ocean

Banned
vy5RCSB.gif

I only play when there's a GAF train I can hop on.

I honestly don't care if I win or lose in pvp. The difference between winning and losing is so minuscule it doesn't matter. It's an extra mark and a few more rep points. As long as I do well, I don't really care. Of course in IB and ToO it matters more.

Mindlog

^edit: lol good timing :p

Tell me about it. Look at these scrubs I have to carry with my 133t skills:

But seriously I don't know how anyone tolerates rando matches. Especially in 3v3 modes, you get some very competitive matches against full fireteams or even get run over by a top squad like we did today. I'd rather err on the side of winning too much, plus the benefit of having buddies to commiserate with about your Crucible woes.
The Salvage match I earned my platinum was with my favorite random ever. It was amazing. Fiendish_Glance I guess it was. The way we both knew exactly what the other would be doing at all times was pretty mind-boggling. Even here we both hit five kill streaks at the same time. Never played Salvage or 3 v 3 again after that so I'll just pretend it's always that good :]

Trials of Osiris will likely be GAF train only.
I wonder if PoE will be the same way. All Necrochasm team, ASSEMBLE!

-griffy-

Banned

I did it on my hunter after the patch. It took awhile and it was not fun. Did it in clash matches.

The Salvage match I earned my platinum was with my favorite random ever. It was amazing. Fiendish_Glance I guess it was. The way we both knew exactly what the other would be doing at all times was pretty mind-boggling. Even here we both hit five kill streaks at the same time. Never played Salvage or 3 v 3 again after that so I'll just pretend it's always that good :]

Trials of Osiris will likely be GAF train only.
I wonder if PoE will be the same way. All Necrochasm team, ASSEMBLE!

I wonder how we will hold up due to the "penalty" aspect of ToO? Will two scrubs that are teamed up be able to find a third that is competent? With the small teams, less than awesome players won't be able to hang in the wings like they can during IB or raids. Will people get pissed that they lost their motes or whatever due to me rushing into the same sniper over and over again?

Have you guys ever had to deal with someone accusing you of cheating for doing good in one game?

Z0wGn5d.png

According to this one person from the other team I was hacking the game and that is why I was able to spawn multiple bubbles in a short amount of time.
Lol "everyone that does better than me is a hacker" :p

Any chance I could get a hand or two for the Xyur strike on PS4 (name is gmrtom7)? Had this bounty sitting in my queue for months and I just caved and reupped my PS+ to get rid of it.

I'll be around all day and would be down for PvP (any mode) if there are any trains forming now or later.

I guess nobody is playing PvP.

Need to finish up a little more life stuff but I'd be down to hop back on if you guys are looking to play. Hopefully won't be more than 30-60 min.

The Salvage match I earned my platinum was with my favorite random ever.

lol I remember that video, it's fantastic. When that epic sax kicks in... ooh yeah! Good feeling.

I much prefer the 3v3 modes. Salvage is the only reasonably well designed PvP mode in Destiny, it really needs to be permanent. More intense, more focused, more teamwork, less chaotic cluster-fuckery. Control is so broken it gets really boring after a lot of IB matches. "We got A spawn on Firebase, time to sit on the points... zzzz..."

I honestly don't care if I win or lose in pvp. The difference between winning and losing is so minuscule it doesn't matter.

Yeah, definitely true for the rewards you get. I get that they don't want to discourage less skilled players by giving losing teams too little but they need to add set rewards you can work towards with good or even consistent play. Stuff like the PvP portions for Thorn and Bad Juju bounties except it'd give you a Crucible package, or a bunch of marks, or a guaranteed legendary engram, etc.

Apparently I'm a weirdo in this regard, but I only really care about winning or losing. Mainly because losing burns my soul in fiery agony and awakens the rage monster...

GlamFM

Banned
Thanks for the VoG run guys.

I only sucked a little bit.

Got exactly what I wanted.

Normal Crota anybody?

Need the hunger.

Deku Tree

Wow Playing Control with ransoms today has been horrible. Everyone just running around trying to take over the nearest zone. No strategy. Too many heartbreaking losses. Done for now.

Thanks for the VoG run guys.

I only sucked a little bit.

Got exactly what I wanted.

Normal Crota anybody?

Need the hunger.

Good and smooth run everyone!
When you died, it said Ghaleon died twice, really strange...
Got the Titan chest and gauntlets, never got those before TDB dropped.

I wonder how we will hold up due to the "penalty" aspect of ToO?

I've been thinking about this a lot since I posted my PvP stats and realized it could come off as some elitist "you must be this MLG pro to ride the train" kinda thing. It was an interesting curiosity to see all the detailed stat tracking, and my stats aren't anything remotely special anyway.

Once the ToO reveal gives the gritty details, I'll post something about myself on the issue. My biggest thing in PvP is I like team-oriented players who enjoy being active on the mic, giving call-outs and not focusing on their own stats (although those are always fun to joke about). Not about being a top player (Lord knows I'm nowhere near that), just about being engaged and having a good attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom