• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about this a lot since I posted my PvP stats and realized it could come off as some elitist "you must be this MLG pro to ride the train" kinda thing. It was an interesting curiosity to see all the detailed stat tracking, and my stats aren't anything remotely special anyway.

Once the ToO reveal gives the gritty details, I'll post something about myself on the issue. My biggest thing in PvP is I like team-oriented players who enjoy being active on the mic, giving call-outs and not focusing on their own stats (although those are always fun to joke about). Not about being a top player (Lord knows I'm nowhere near that), just about being engaged and having a good attitude.

We all know you aren't an elitist...you've probably burned more in-game currency (strange coins > heavy synths) on helping scrubs through raids than any other Destiny player.

But thinking of ToO in raid terms, I feel like there may be much less opportunity to do "newb" friendly matches since PvP has a much more steep learning curve. Unlike the Hawkian raid school, you can't have the team hang out at the "A" capture point and discuss map flow and strats, and wipe a few times before getting it right.

It may take hundreds of matches before a player can get gud. I realized last night that I have no idea where the capture points are on half of the maps. I can't even "call out" because I don't know where I am. I really only know the Beta maps and the moon one has been pulled.

3v3, First Light, no vehicles, no respawns to the Death would be AWESOME!

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Is it possible to get armor for the wrong class from VoG?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gahhh, I'm sorry guys, there's this work-sponsored event I gotta go to tonight and I need to cancel Sword School. Will hold it tomorrow, 4/27 at 9:00PM EST instead. Sorry again, I thought I might've been able to get out of it but nah.

The signups I had so far were:
Mass appeal
Shirow
jeanrick
Fahlco
xxx shiv xxx

You all have the spots if you can make it tomorrow and still want them! If not just let me know. Send me a PM if you see this.

I'll post late tonight and during the day tomorrow to try and firm up the roster.

Doing crucible right now. I would gladly join any GAF team after a shitty weekend of rumbles and skirmishes.
PSN TSUKUMO76

Doing Crucible, too. PSN: WheelHoss1

Also, anyone doing any Glimmer Farming today? Upgraded some new VoG toys, and now I'm cashed out . . .

We all know you aren't an elitist...you've probably burned more in-game currency (strange coins > heavy synths) on helping scrubs through raids than any other Destiny player.

But thinking of ToO in raid terms, I feel like there may be much less opportunity to do "newb" friendly matches since PvP has a much more steep learning curve. Unlike the Hawkian raid school, you can't have the team hang out at the "A" capture point and discuss map flow and strats, and wipe a few times before getting it right.

It may take hundreds of matches before a player can get gud. I realized last night that I have no idea where the capture points are on half of the maps. I can't even "call out" because I don't know where I am. I really only know the Beta maps and the moon one has been pulled.

3v3, First Light, no vehicles, no respawns to the Death would be AWESOME!

yeah I'm kinda worried about ToO being hyper competitive.. the salt levels could get dangerous

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Im just starting the daily heroic, then probably going to do the heroic strike and take a crack at nightfall. If anyone wants to hop in i've set fireteam to public feel free! PSN Bicep_Curls

Your artsy but incomprehensible avatar has changed!

Haha yeah it's the same picture actually, just cropped it to be only the girl's face so it looked more like an avatar. Like you said the full image was pretty incomprehensible!

Edit: it's fan artwork for Ico.

Never seen her post to be honest. The only other girl I'v seen play Destiny from DestinyGaf is Fig.

There are others. Not many but they exist.

Believe it or not, I'm not a girl despite what my avatar might imply...

Namikaze1

LOL!

I go to search for a gif and well:
CDjEqq3VEAAI27M.jpg:orig

Of course that would be one of the suggestions!

Word to the wise, don't google search for "Can't stop playing" gifs. I regret ever doing so.

Deku Tree

LOL!

I go to search for a gif and well:

Of course that would be one of the suggestions!

Word to the wise, don't google search for "Can't stop playing" gifs. I regret ever doing so.

Auto complete is context and user sensitive based upon t previous searches.

"Can't stop playing Destiny" doesn't auto complete for me.

Ok back from walking the dogs. Might go back to BB for a bit, but let me know if room opens up on the Crucible train. Playing with you guys is a learning experience xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom