• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shermas

How does the GK glimmer farming work? Just keep killing the goblins, etc, and forget about the gatekeeper? They all keep respawning?

It can be done solo, too, right?

blazeuk

How does the GK glimmer farming work? Just keep killing the goblins, etc, and forget about the gatekeeper? They all keep respawning?

Yep you take out the goblins and ignore the gatekeeper, they don't keep respawning though, you have to kill yourself once you've done a full circle of the room. It can be done solo but it's much quicker in a group.

drizzay, funny story

you were actually with me when i met those guys a while back. we had been playing crucible all day and then we went into skirmish. i remember we were getting wrecked pretty bad on blind watch, but i sent them a message afterwards because i'd never met players better than me at the time.

Namikaze1

that hall of guardians

c505957f21a764e68c5fbec1383ce493.png

nami pls
I have a thing call life now. It's sad but true.

Whats oliver heldons?
I don't know. Seriously, I don't know.

Use shotugns, ideally Univ Remote and Felwinter Lie or really any other secondary shotty. Can definitely be done solo although even one more person can crack the efficiency to max by chaining supers, giving orbs to each other.

There are 16 majors (yellow health bars) you want to kill: 4 Goblins and 4 Hobgoblins on both the left and the right side. Ignore the Gatekeeper and all the red bar enemies. Run a clock wise circle, heading left from the spawn point. With Blue Polyphage, the 16 majors give 16*37 = 592 glimmer. By far the best farm spot in the game, as long as you can snag the CP (which is usually easy around here).

blackjaw

I've been finishing up bad juju bounty again and thorn really has ruined pvp...it went from a fusion rifle fest to a slide/shotgun fest to a thorn fest...every patch unbalances something else

I've been finishing up bad juju bounty again and thorn really has ruined pvp...it went from a fusion rifle fest to a slide/shotgun fest to a thorn fest...every patch unbalances something else

What happens when you nerf the shit out of every other weapon. They buffed thorn when it didn't need one cause they listened to people whine about it being weak when it wasn't

well the last one nerfed special ammo, which means people are going to gravitate to longer ranged weapons now. thorn is the king in that area.

ocean

Banned
Zoba I was with Drizz when 13Devils wrecked us and I think it was a taste of what playing against you would be :p (meaning embarrassing haha)

It was the second time I've lost a game so badly to sheer talent on the other side. Those guys are damn good, no salt. The other was during the first IB. I was matched with a team of randoms against a the guys with the VoG 1st clear record, it went 20k-2k :p

blackjaw

well the last one nerfed special ammo, which means people are going to gravitate to longer ranged weapons now. thorn is the king in that area.

Yeah I have to use a hawkmoon to even stay somewhat competitive in that long range battle territory...I still do ok but when half the match is my screen being green...not much fun

shermas

Use shotugns, ideally Univ Remote and Felwinter Lie or really any other secondary shotty. Can definitely be done solo although even one more person can crack the efficiency to max by chaining supers, giving orbs to each other.

There are 16 majors (yellow health bars) you want to kill: 4 Goblins and 4 Hobgoblins on both the left and the right side. Ignore the Gatekeeper and all the red bar enemies. Run a clock wise circle, heading left from the spawn point. With Blue Polyphage, the 16 majors give 16*37 = 592 glimmer. By far the best farm spot in the game, as long as you can snag the CP (which is usually easy around here).

Thanks for the tips... Will try to check this out later tonight. I was hitting the 25,000 glimmer cap over and over not too long ago. Since I started playing with 3 alts, I'm buring thru glimmer at a much faster rate.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Anyone doing HM VoG? I just need Gatekeepers and Atheon since my internet dropped me out of a group earlier and I can't find another group on LFG.

I spent much of this weekend playing Crucible. I am horrible. I managed to finish the Bad JuJu bounty yesterday but could not make any headway on the Thorn bounty.

I am glad my team mates were of good spirits as I only had one positive k/d ratio the entire weekend. And my team still won most of their matches. So here is to RonaldPerlman, TzuDohNihm, Davebc, EMC115, and weremichael for carrying my sorry ass all weekend. It is too bad my Thorn bounty is glitched and we will have to do it again. ☺️

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom