• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
Psh, real pros don't need tracking.

Edit-I quoted incorrectly, but a statement like yours doesn't deserve a proper quote box /smug
In its defense: MIRVs cover a crazy range. I love dropping HV shots during Legions down where the green bustards spawn, it kills so many <3 VoG flashbacks

RdN

Haven't played for most of the week, decided to jump into LFG and find a group to do Crota Hard.

Group was mostly 31's, but we dropped Crota on the first try and I finally got my Crux!

drizzay, funny story

you were actually with me when i met those guys a while back. we had been playing crucible all day and then we went into skirmish. i remember we were getting wrecked pretty bad on blind watch, but i sent them a message afterwards because i'd never met players better than me at the time.

lol holy shit I remember this really well now that you jogged my memory. I think our blueberry quit since we were losing so bad and I rage quit reaaally hard because I was getting obliterated. The camp fest was boring to me (plus I suck at sniping) so I actually quit before the end of the match which might be the only time that's ever happened.

I just remember you repeating "I've never met guys who could out snipe me... I've never gotten out-sniped..." lol

11148575_390415191165240_1822592537132475871_o.jpg

CHOO CHOO

train-hits-school-bus.gif

MickeyPhree

If anyone is running vog, I'd love to join. Did it first the first time with Hawkian earlier this week and definetly want to go again.

lol holy shit I remember this really well now that you jogged my memory. I think our blueberry quit since we were losing so bad and I rage quit reaaally hard because I was getting obliterated. The camp fest was boring to me (plus I suck at sniping) so I actually quit before the end of the match which might be the only time that's ever happened.

I just remember you repeating "I've never met guys who could out snipe me... I've never gotten out-sniped..." lol

ya that must have been our 30th game that night. we were in a 6v6 lobby for a while.

GhaleonEB

VM+FB= jackpot. You deserve it after your well documented bad luck with Heroic raids, congrats!!!
Thanks. I feel like RNGesus wrote me an official apology, with loot attached. I accepted.

Saving the hand cannons for my Titan - I have yet to actually use one, because I want each character to have different weapons and play styles. So far I've got Fatebringer for the legendary and Hawkmoon as her exotic, and a collection of legendary machine guns in waiting. She's gonna hit 20 and have an (unleveled) arsenal.

Finished Hard Crota twice hoping for Fang of Ir Yut but I got Word of Crota twice. It wasn't all bad though, finally got the freaking THUNDERLORD.

The only exotics weapons I'm missing are Necrochasm and Pocket Infinity. Don't give a shit about Necrochasm and I dismantled the pocket infinity I had cos I think that weapon is useless.

Xur is now even more useless than before. I haven't actually bought anything from him in a while, now I won't even bother logging on during weekends to see what he has.

House of Wolves can't come soon enough.

ocean

Banned
Thanks. I feel like RNGesus wrote me an official apology, with loot attached. I accepted.

Saving the hand cannons for my Titan - I have yet to actually use one, because I want each character to have different weapons and play styles. So far I've got Fatebringer for the legendary and Hawkmoon as her exotic, and a collection of legendary machine guns in waiting. She's gonna hit 20 and have an (unleveled) arsenal.
Shame you never got to use HCs in their full glory. They nerfed accuracy too hard, FB used to get crits from any distance in PvE :/

Trust me though. Ice you unlock Outlaw and Firefly you'll see the light. One Thrall crit = 10 Surrounding Thrall dead, it's magical. Just don't equip Explosive Rounds on FB, it ruins the fest.

GutZ31

As a strategy, anything that takes longer to reload is usually better suited on a Gunslinger Hunter, using Gunslinger's Trance: Better stability with precision kills, and Chain of Woe: Precision kills increases weapon reload speed. Stacks up to three times for both of these.

Handcannons receive great benefits from these perks, more so than some other gun types.
But, if you use your titan more, bring that fatebringer along, never leave it sitting collecting dust.

GutZ31

Me and t-44 will be running full VoG HM shortly. I'll be without a mic part of the time. Let's have some fun.

Ltwood12
T-44

Part of the time? What the hell dude, I want to hear that pretty voice ALL the time!

If anyone is running vog, I'd love to join. Did it first the first time with Hawkian earlier this week and definetly want to go again.

as long as you are around 30, I am sure you could join with these guys. just remember, you get nothing if you already did hard for the week.

LTWood12

Part of the time? What the hell dude, I want to hear that pretty voice ALL the time!

as long as you are around 30, I am sure you could join with these guys. just remember, you get nothing if you already did hard for the week.

We'll wait for you at oracles how's that?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Finally home from this thing, just reposting
Gahhh, I'm sorry guys, there's this work-sponsored event I gotta go to tonight and I need to cancel Sword School. Will hold it tomorrow, 4/27 at 9:00PM EST instead. Sorry again, I thought I might've been able to get out of it but nah.

The signups I had so far were:
Mass appeal
Shirow
jeanrick
Fahlco
xxx shiv xxx

You all have the spots if you can make it tomorrow and still want them! If not just let me know. Send me a PM if you see this.

I'll post late tonight and during the day tomorrow to try and firm up the roster.

Vex Mythoclast, Fatebringer, Hezen Vengeance on a single VoG HM run is good, right? Hypothetically speaking.

yes, that's, yes.

moris

Thanks guys for letting me board the crucible train tonight. It's way more fun and less frustrating than playing with randoms. :)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't been so annoyed at being bad at a video game in a long, long time. I simply cannot use The Last Word effectively in PvP. I'm good at PvP, too. What's wrong with me. :-(

I haven't been so annoyed at being bad at a video game in a long, long time. I simply cannot use The Last Word effectively in PvP. I'm good at PvP, too. What's wrong with me. :-(

I can't use it for the life of me, either. A friend of mine swears by it. I swear by Thorn, though. Love that gun.

It's got a learning curve that's worse now after the patch. If you can manage it though you can basically win any 1v1 out to mid range that isn't against another TLW user better than you tho.

Mindlog

I am also pretty terrible with it.
Time to learn. For small scale matches being as strong as possible 1 v 1 is important.

This is a good way to get around the frustration of losing every match. Now I can lose every match while being at the bottom of the score board. Feels good that way :]

Next weekend somebody needs to lwt me join a crucible train. I wanna grt better. Played a bit today best game was 20 kills but most being under 10. I wanna be prepared for too

shermas

Hezen Vengence getting a lot of love... I have a Hunger of Crota and just recently got the HV, so I never bothered to level it up bc it doesn't have tracking rockets. Should I reconsider?

patchday

I only bother using rocket launchers that have tracking. Even something as big as Crota can be missed by a rocket that doesn't have homing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom