• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next weekend somebody needs to lwt me join a crucible train. I wanna grt better. Played a bit today best game was 20 kills but most being under 10. I wanna be prepared for too

Would people be interested in doing some PvP-learning matches before HoW? The strats are simpler to learn but harder to execute than raid encounters, but even so there are some really important concepts to understand and map details. Also Control (Iron Banner) plays very differently than the 3v3 modes, some version of which will be used for ToO.

Lest we forget!

Lol excccelllent. Pass it on DJ, pass it on.

Thanks guys for letting me board the crucible train tonight. It's way more fun and less frustrating than playing with randoms. :)

Yeah thanks everyone on the PvP train!

Yeah, great games everyone. We had some intense showdowns and great wins.

Hezen Vengence getting a lot of love... I have a Hunger of Crota and just recently got the HV, so I never bothered to level it up bc it doesn't have tracking rockets. Should I reconsider?

Not really. It's fine and I like it just because it's from VoG but there's nothing remarkable about it. The MIRVs are cool but tracking is cooler. Personally I think it's the worst VoG weapon... Even worse than AE because at least AE was uniquely valuable before all the AR nerfs and still is for Thorn bounties.

Would people be interested in doing some PvP-learning matches before HoW? The strats are simpler to learn but harder to execute than raid encounters, but even so there are some really important concepts to understand and map details. Also Control (Iron Banner) plays very differently than the 3v3 modes, some version of which will be used for ToO.

Lol excccelllent. Pass it on DJ, pass it on.

Yeah, great games everyone. We had some intense showdowns and great wins.

Not really. It's fine and I like it just because it's from VoG but there's nothing remarkable about it. The MIRVs are cool but tracking is cooler. Personally I think it's the worst VoG weapon... Even worse than AE because at least AE was uniquely valuable before all the AR nerfs and still is for Thorn bounties.
I would totally ne down. I always worry about hopping on a gaf train bwcuase i dont want to bring anyone down. But some skills from master driz is just what the doctor ordered.

Pun intended.

Next weekend

Regarding map details:

Seeing as how there seems to be a spike in interest for PvP since the HoW reveal, I'd be interested in working out/learning callouts for some maps. Some maps I only know to callout A, B, C, and heavy locations. It's just too ambiguous in some instances. For example, saying there is a sniper in the 'back of C' on Shores of Time could mean 3 general locations.

A_Gorilla

Banned
May 19th can not come soon enough. NF, Raids, and Xur aside (since they're the best chance to get exotics that I don't have) I'm finding very hard to do bounties for all three of my characters anymore...

I'm wondering how ToO gear will work to get. Clearly there's a whole lot of interest in that armor and weapons set, and I'm sure those without the skill or a squad to rely on are gonna have a real annoying time trying to get it, especially those who are primarily PVE.

I'm wondering how ToO gear will work to get. Clearly there's a whole lot of interest in that armor and weapons set, and I'm sure those without the skill or a squad to rely on are gonna have a real annoying time trying to get it, especially those who are primarily PVE.

Hopefully it's not too hard to get. I definitely want a set for all my characters.

I'm guessing the difficulty will be on par with Iron Banner

But iron banner you can just grind for long enough and get there. ToO may be harder and need those 10 wins with no more than 3 defeats like I've heard mentioned

Yeah, although I wouldn't be surprised if more wins just means a higher chance of getting gear. So if you play enough matches you'll be able to grind out the gear, whereas if you're more skilled you'll be able to get all the gear more quickly. idk

I'd be interested in working out/learning callouts for some maps.

Funny you mention this because Unstable and I were talking about working on exactly this issue during Iron Banner matches, and as prep for ToO. Especially for the main group of DGAF'ers who plan to run a lot of IB and ToO it would be great to have a set terminology that's descriptive and efficient. Like you said, lots of call-outs can be too vague so they need to be specific but also succinct so we don't crowd the mic and so they're quick enough to be useful.

Anyway, definitely sometime to think about for the current maps and then develop it for the new maps when they drop.

Vex Mythoclast, Fatebringer, Hezen Vengeance on a single VoG HM run is good, right? Hypothetically speaking.

Good to hear you got something nice out of it! I'm kind of known to steal all the good stuff, but now that I have everything, it is nice to see others get it.
Did you say it was only your second HM run? The team did a good job, I don't think I ever did a full HM VoG with DGAF.

Bollocks

Finally deleted my 2nd hunter and made a titan.
Got myself to 26, started VoG, got the raid gauntlets which I needed to push past 27 and then started Crota.
We did everything legit and man was it fun, granted they carried me through but still, Destiny felt fresh again.

Finally deleted my 2nd hunter and made a titan.
Got myself to 26, started VoG, got the raid gauntlets which I needed to push past 27 and then started Crota.
We did everything legit and man was it fun, granted they carried me through but still, Destiny felt fresh again.

Yeah, it feels damned fresh. And the wait for the new expansion just....exudes freshness~!

Bradach

done my first VoG HM from start to finish over the weekend. It was tough but good.

Black Hammer + Atheons belly button = Happy times

Omni

done my first VoG HM from start to finish over the weekend. It was tough but good.

Black Hammer + Atheons belly button = Happy times

Dunno if it's lag or what, but I swear the hit box doesn't match up with the visual indicator (his belly button). Half the time I snipe that thing it doesn't count as a crit.

ocean

Banned
Dunno if it's lag or what, but I swear the hit box doesn't match up with the visual indicator (his belly button). Half the time I snipe that thing it doesn't count as a crit.
I try aiming just below the visible crit spot and have a far better success rate, it's weird.

Pro tip: your team should do all rockets or all snipers but not a combination. Rockets make him run around, messing up snipers' aim.

Bradach

I didn't notice this myself, might have been lag.

One tip I got from the team i was on was for everyone to just use snipers because he says very still if you do, making it a lot easier to use black hammer. If anyone goes machine gun or rocket launcher then he moves around a lot.

EDIT: beaten with the pro tip!!

Bradach

I have a question about the advisers part of bungie.net / phone app

I done CE NM from start to finish earlier in the week. One of the team saved the DS CP so when we downed crota I changed characters and joined him for DS and crota again and did that a 3rd time.

Bungie.net / phone app does't seem to acknowledge that though, the blocks aren't coloured in. By loading CP like that does the server not recognise that that section is complete? I assume that even if I did it again I wouldn't get any reward?

I done CE NM from start to finish earlier in the week. One of the team saved the DS CP so when we downed crota I changed characters and joined him for DS and crota again and did that a 3rd time.

Bungie.net / phone app does't seem to acknowledge that though, the blocks aren't coloured in. By loading CP like that does the server not recognise that that section is complete? I assume that even if I did it again I wouldn't get any reward?

If you already netted a reward from that section, whether or not it was completed, you wont' get a reward again.

~~~
So excited, reset in 24 hours. 4th Horseman I'm coming~!

The only thing that makes me rage harder than HM Scrota is when I play poorly in PvP. I've finally caught TLW fever even though I still suck with it. It's a wild ride when that thing actually does what you want it to do.

P.S.- Dear Bungie: "No radar" is a terrible mode for Destiny. No supers+no heavy would be fantastic by putting focus on skilled use of the superb gunplay. Not having matches hinge so much on these widely available easy-kills.

ocean

Banned

You only get a block for completing a section and they're not in order. If you load a Crota checkpoint and kill him you only get the first brick filled in for example.

The only thing that makes me rage harder than HM Scrota is playing poorly in PvP. I've finally caught TLW fever even though I still suck with it. It's a wild ride when that thing actually does what you want it to do.
I was initially trying to spam opponents at center-of-mass with it, but it works pretty well with headshots if you just treat it like any other handcannon (albeit one with an insane rate of fire).

I was initially trying to spam opponents at center-of-mass with it, but it works pretty well with headshots if you just treat it like any other handcannon (albeit one with an insane rate of fire).

Yeah exactly, it's this weird hybrid of the typical HC feel I was very used to and this crazy RoF death-spam-machine. Finding the compromise between those two so that you can reduce your TTK without your shots flying around wildly is very compelling. There's a very particular rhythm to pacing and aiming your shots.

Bradach

You only get a block for completing a section and they're not in order. If you load a Crota checkpoint and kill him you only get the first brick filled in for example.

I just checked this and you're right. I joined a group with the HM Crota CP and killed him. Just checking bungie.net now and the first block of HM is lit up.

I thought that the 4 blocks equated to the 4 sections of the raid in order. So there is no way for me to see what phase of a raid is complete using the blocks?
It would have been a lot more useful if the lit up the section that is complete! (in this case the fourth block, for example)

Thanks. I feel like RNGesus wrote me an official apology, with loot attached. I accepted.

Saving the hand cannons for my Titan - I have yet to actually use one, because I want each character to have different weapons and play styles. So far I've got Fatebringer for the legendary and Hawkmoon as her exotic, and a collection of legendary machine guns in waiting. She's gonna hit 20 and have an (unleveled) arsenal.

Fatebringer is fantastic. Fully leveled mine in a day when I got it, it's been since Gjallarhorn that I did that.

You got a Vex Mythoclast, too? Nice. One of my favorite weapons in the game, even though I hardly use it anymore.

TheOddOne

Reset day incoming.

animation1t8s1r.gif

Has anyone made the transition to bumper jumper from the default controls? I'm used to bumper in halo and think it might help me get more kills with TLW in the crucible. Not sure if it's worth changing my control scheme just for the sake of being better with one weapon in PVP

Deku Tree

Bungie should rename Inferno Control to Camping Control because that's all it is a bunch of campers waiting around to cap you from behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom