• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reset day incoming.

animation1t8s1r.gif

yGiocvF.png

nOoblet16

Had a phD interview today, went fine I think for the most part except for the bit where I completely overestimated the project goals and went in too far and also locked myself into a corner a few times...lol .So bloody anxious now, reset day is my salvation now.

Lima

P.S.- Dear Bungie: "No radar" is a terrible mode for Destiny. No supers+no heavy would be fantastic by putting focus on skilled use of the superb gunplay. Not having matches hinge so much on these widely available easy-kills.

It's fantastic. Radar whores are fucked because they don't know how to play without it. So much fun and run and gun every match. Plus the matches are over before first heavy comes in because it is so easy and quick to triple cap.

noomi

Good morning DGaf :)

It's been a long weekend, unfortunately not filled with Destiny. being an adult really sucks sometimes..... stupid responsibilities!

Will try and get a raid done today before reset, I'll be around after 3PM EST.

Deku Tree

It's fantastic. Radar whores are fucked because they don't know how to play without it. So much fun and run and gun every match. Plus the matches are over before first heavy comes in because it is so easy and quick to triple cap.

Except when the whole other team spends the entire match camping in corners waiting for quick boring kills from behind.

Had a phD interview today, went fine I think for the most part except for the bit where I completely overestimated the project goals and went in too far and also locked myself into a corner a few times...lol .So bloody anxious now, reset day is my salvation now.

For? and wish you luck :) I personally hate interviews :/

Lima

Except when the whole other team spends the entire match camping in corners waiting for quick boring kills from behind.

So? Know the map and flank them. They also won't get much points for those kills while triple capped and at the end they will be negative too.

Deku Tree

At least the Word would be actually useful.

I went there.

Nope.

5 weeks of getting nothing out of normal Crota.

At least the PoE will drop these Armor and Weapon "core" things that will allow you to buy stuff from the House of Judgement so it's not completely RNG based. I am interested to hear from Bungie on how this will work in two weeks.

ocean

Banned
At least the Word would be actually useful.

I went there.

Nope.

5 weeks of getting nothing out of normal Crota.

Took me 44 Normal Crota runs to get Black Hammer. Stay strong, it's worth it. Second-favorite Legendary in the game for me (after Fatebringer).

TheOddOne

At least the PoE will drop these Armor and Weapon "core" things that will allow you to buy stuff from the House of Judgement so it's not completely RNG based. I am interested to hear from Bungie on how this will work in two weeks.
Yeah, really looking forward to that.
Took me 44 Normal Crota runs to get Black Hammer. Stay strong, it's worth it. Second-favorite Legendary in the game for me (after Fatebringer).
On the flipside, I get hyped to play Crota normal every Tuesday.
And then get disappointed and yell at clouds.

Anyone looking to run normal or hard crota abyss and bridge on PS4?

Now that shards and energies are worth something, I wanna increase my stockpile of 2500 mats by as much as I can :p

Would people be interested in doing some PvP-learning matches before HoW? The strats are simpler to learn but harder to execute than raid encounters, but even so there are some really important concepts to understand and map details. Also Control (Iron Banner) plays very differently than the 3v3 modes, some version of which will be used for ToO.

*snip*
i would love to have some learning matches, as i readily evidenced my newb status with my pitiful k/d last night.... X(

HigXx

Anyone doing a full VoG run? I haven't done one in agesssss

Does anyone else still need the Clan Raiding trophy? If we could get a group to do that then that would be great!

DiscreteCat

Neo Member
It was a LFG group I think, and they kept on dying, everyone left.

We can do crota run if there are few more players interested?

Need 3 for normal crota.

Yeah was quite frustrating at the end. Thanks for helping out. I'm up for trying again with some gaffers at some stage if people are interested though.

E92 M3

What if they buff a bunch of exotics for HoW launch? With the BH being fixed, there is actually a chance that weapons such as the Necrochasm might get buffed.

Yeah was quite frustrating at the end. Thanks for helping out. I'm up for trying again with some gaffers at some stage if people are interested though.

Ill run it if you still need people.

I can run some Crota as well

Just got an invite, I'm in.

One caveat, I cannot talk but I can hear you.

I can join up for Crota. Just doing patrols, inv me if you have space.

That's 6. We'll start fresh if everyone is okay with that? I'll send out party invites.

Well guys, looks like I'm back into the swing of things. Actually played Destiny the last three days, as well as a bit this morning before work.

So, I have no idea what I did during my hiatus, or apparently immediately before my Hiatus. Let me tell you guys a little story of me logging back into Destiny after 45 days of off time.

First, Upon logging in, I noticed I had mail. Here is what was sitting in my mailbox:
  • Red Death
  • Vision of Confluence
  • The Devil you Don't
  • Hard Light (never had this Exotic before)

Judging by the Vision of Confluence, I guess I ran a raid sometime before I took my break, just not sure how 2 exotics got in there. Normally I keep my mailbox cleaned out.

Anyway, so after that pleasant surprise, I started looking over my gear again, and I decided that with the upcoming changes in HoW that I was going to switch over from Dead Orbit to New Monarchy.

Dead Orbit had been good to me. I has given me "The Hanged Man" and "The Nowhere", and I had only reached rank 28. I've made piece with the notion that I will never get the awesome Dead Orbit ship.

Anyway, so I had 2 bounties sitting completed in my inventory, so I went ahead and turned them in before making the switch to New Monarchy. At Rank 28 Dead Orbit was kind enough to give me "Revenant" as a parting gift.

All of this happened in a matter of 5 minutes. I felt like the game was telling me it missed me or something.

However, there was one very odd hiccup. When I stopped playing the game in March everyone of my characters had a G'horn, yet somehow my Titan was missing one. My Titan is my main. I check the vault and my Hunter and Warlock and I couldn't find it. It wasn't the worst thing in the world. I mean, having 2 leveled G'horns is still plenty, I just found it odd. I decided I must have sharded it sometime after the weapon swapping thing went into place. This was on Saturday.

Now, this morning, I was in my Vault again, and there is my third G'horn. I have no idea where it came from. I 100% certain it wasn't there the day before. Just hiccups in the database or something, I guess.

Anyway, so it's nice to be back. I've missed you guys.

Anyway, so it's nice to be back. I've missed you guys.

welcome back. the thread has been like a family reunion of sorts this last week. nice to see the lifers pouring back in.

I may have a newborn. Grass, greener, breh.
I am expecting to have a two week old baby girl when HoW drops.

well there it is, between mine, yours, hudsons, and gheleons. we will have a full fireteam in about 7 years. granted Bungies 10 year plan works out :)

boofa

Neo Member
Based on the rotation, are we looking at IB pulse rifle and fusion rifle for sale this round? Also, are we finally going to get the helm?

Never did any of the raids, About to hit 31, just need a few more damn shards. Any chance one can tag along to one these days or is it a pro's only affair now? I got to the end once in VOG but never finished because we bleeeeew.

I'm a eurogaffer btw.

PS: Wicked application ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom