• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the rotation, are we looking at IB pulse rifle and fusion rifle for sale this round? Also, are we finally going to get the helm?

We don't know about the weapons, but we are definitely getting the helms.

iron_titan.jpg

iron_hunter.jpg

iron_warlock.jpg

E92 M3

Well guys, looks like I'm back into the swing of things. Actually played Destiny the last three days, as well as a bit this morning before work.

So, I have no idea what I did during my hiatus, or apparently immediately before my Hiatus. Let me tell you guys a little story of me logging back into Destiny after 45 days of off time.

First, Upon logging in, I noticed I had mail. Here is what was sitting in my mailbox:
  • Red Death
  • Vision of Confluence
  • The Devil you Don't
  • Hard Light (never had this Exotic before)

Judging by the Vision of Confluence, I guess I ran a raid sometime before I took my break, just not sure how 2 exotics got in there. Normally I keep my mailbox cleaned out.

Anyway, so after that pleasant surprise, I started looking over my gear again, and I decided that with the upcoming changes in HoW that I was going to switch over from Dead Orbit to New Monarchy.

Dead Orbit had been good to me. I has given me "The Hanged Man" and "The Nowhere", and I had only reached rank 28. I've made piece with the notion that I will never get the awesome Dead Orbit ship.

Anyway, so I had 2 bounties sitting completed in my inventory, so I went ahead and turned them in before making the switch to New Monarchy. At Rank 28 Dead Orbit was kind enough to give me "Revenant" as a parting gift.

All of this happened in a matter of 5 minutes. I felt like the game was telling me it missed me or something.

However, there was one very odd hiccup. When I stopped playing the game in March everyone of my characters had a G'horn, yet somehow my Titan was missing one. My Titan is my main. I check the vault and my Hunter and Warlock and I couldn't find it. It wasn't the worst thing in the world. I mean, having 2 leveled G'horns is still plenty, I just found it odd. I decided I must have sharded it sometime after the weapon swapping thing went into place. This was on Saturday.

Now, this morning, I was in my Vault again, and there is my third G'horn. I have no idea where it came from. I 100% certain it wasn't there the day before. Just hiccups in the database or something, I guess.

Anyway, so it's nice to be back. I've missed you guys.

Welcome back; glad to see that the Destiny dealer gave you that free sample ;)

Never did any of the raids, About to hit 31, just need a few more damn shards. Any chance one can tag along to one these days or is it a pro's only affair now? I got to the end once in VOG but never finished because we bleeeeew.

I'm a eurogaffer btw.

PS: Wicked application ;D

At your level you will have no issue getting into either raid. There is No pros only club. See a group forming, hop in. Guaranteed good time

Make sure to say your a noob to the raid so we can show you the ropes or sign up for hawkians weekly noob raids

RetroMG

Never did any of the raids, About to hit 31, just need a few more damn shards. Any chance one can tag along to one these days or is it a pro's only affair now? I got to the end once in VOG but never finished because we bleeeeew.

I'm a eurogaffer btw.

PS: Wicked application ;D

Anyone can tag along as long as you are decently leveled* and willing to learn. Hawkian does a noob raid every Thursday night alternating VoG and CE. Otherwise, next time you see a signup, jump in and let them know you want to learn.

(*31 is decently leveled for just about anything. Some folks want 32s for Hard Mode Crota, but IMO a couple of 31s don't hurt anything.)

welcome back. the thread has been like a family reunion of sorts this last week. nice to see the lifers pouring back in.

well there it is, between mine, yours, hudsons, and gheleons. we will have a full fireteam in about 7 years. granted Bungies 10 year plan works out :)

I must have missed you talking about your kids...How old are they? Are they playing yet?

There's also MiamiJazz's and ColonelOPhen0m's kids. Plus I'm pretty sure Macello's kid is primed and just waiting to start yelling at scrubs.

Anyone can tag along as long as you are decently leveled* and willing to learn. Hawkian does a noob raid every Thursday night alternating VoG and CE. Otherwise, next time you see a signup, jump in and let them know you want to learn.

(*31 is decently leveled for just about anything. Some folks want 32s for Hard Mode Crota, but IMO a couple of 31s don't hurt anything.)

Ah hot! I'll see if i can tag along someday then :)

Cheers guys.

I must have missed you talking about your kids...How old are they? Are they playing yet?

There's also MiamiJazz's and ColonelOPhen0m's kids. Plus I'm pretty sure Macello's kid is primed and just waiting to start yelling at scrubs.

daughter is 11, but her only interest in games is minecraft and just dance. my son is 3 but can finish a full level of super mario 3d world and can complete a race on mario kart. he will be a prdigy. sometimes he will play destiny on patrol but he only likes riding around on the sparrow. hasnt figured out the right stick yet :)

Gordon

It's fantastic. Radar whores are fucked because they don't know how to play without it. So much fun and run and gun every match. Plus the matches are over before first heavy comes in because it is so easy and quick to triple cap.
Cutting back supers and stuff would focus the game on engaging enemies and actually using primaries for something other than cleaning up survivors. Radar or not, as it is everybody wants to initiate with a OHKO because between sticky nades, space magic, lag dancing, Felwinter's bullshit, fusion rifles, and warlocks' melee, somebody is pretty well always angling to line up an easy kill. Yanking radar just disorients them and makes them play defensively, or just poorly.

I say, as I've said before, the best crucible would be Quartermaster bots, primary/special only, with just a basic grenade, uncharged titan-level melee, and no supers.

I love Destiny's radar, it's one of the best aspects of pvp. I wish more games' radars worked like it. It just gives you a general idea of where players are. This allows for a lot of different approaches in situations.

daughter is 11, but her only interest in games is minecraft and just dance. my son is 3 but can finish a full level of super mario 3d world and can complete a race on mario kart. he will be a prdigy. sometimes he will play destiny on patrol but he only likes riding around on the sparrow. hasnt figured out the right stick yet :)

He'll be Raiding in no time! If your daughter is playing minecraft on the PS4 and wants some squeakers as friends, pm me and I'll give you the kids' tags.

PvP is a strange beast. Maybe I'm just always running around with half health or something, because it feels like everything is a OHK to me, but I can never get a OHK on others.

I stuck a tripmine to a blade dancer's face, and who did it kill? Me. When I blade dace, I'm shut down by the first shotgun I come across. I heard that the sniper final round perk makes it a one hit body shot...Not for me. Hell, sometimes headshots with PR aren't even one shot kills. I go to snipe someone and three other guys show up and my sight gets drug all over the place due to the auto aim magnetism. Why do you do? I decided to fire six shots at center mass (3 guys, two shots per guy right?) and it didn't kill any of them.

I'm sure I'll get it sorted out, but it's very frustrating.

patchday

Yo I dig this radar-free Inferno Control. Now if only this game had more game types of this vein more often! No supers, no grenades, no heavies, no radar... Just straight up skill being brought to the table I'd play more often

nOoblet16

No super, no heavies are game mode I'd like but no radar is actually hindering my ability as a player because I cannot tell the direction of an enemy based on footsteps like I can in COD even with surround sound...basically I cannot rely on sounds, which means no radar becomes a matter of luck rather than skill as it's impossible to manually check all directions by vision...radar helps to negate this, so I do not believe no radar means more pure and more skill based.

RemiLP

No super, no heavies are game mode I'd like but no radar is actually hindering my ability as a player because I cannot tell the direction of an enemy based on footsteps like I can in COD even with surround sound...basically I cannot rely on sounds, which means no radar becomes a matter of luck rather than skill as it's impossible to manually check all directions by vision...radar helps to negate this, so I do not believe no radar means more pure and more skill based.

Is it not possible to tell direction by sound in destiny?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
My new favorite thing is to run crucible with white, green and blue gear while using the original auto rifle you get in the game.
Feels nice getting kills with that thing.

Iron Banner helmets look awesome!

nOoblet16

Is it not possible to tell direction by sound in destiny?

Not like COD because of announcer, music background noise. It's nowhere like COD where you can play the entire game without a mini map and not really feel handicapped if you have a good pair of headphones.

noomi

So I have a friend who has played Destiny regularly since launch and has never done either one of the raids.

He says "meh.... I don't need that stuff", it is now my mission to get him into VoG Normal Mode and have him experience the awesomeness first hand.

I know there are probably tons of people that have never raided... and that sucks...Let's find them, and help them.

nOoblet16

So I have a friend who has played Destiny regularly since launch and has never done either one of the raids.

He says "meh.... I don't need that stuff", it is now my mission to get him into VoG Normal Mode and have him experience the awesomeness first hand.

I know there are probably tons of people that have never raided... and that sucks...Let's find them, and help them.
DestinyGAF is their salvation.

My new favorite thing is to run crucible with white, green and blue gear while using the original auto rifle you get in the game.
Feels nice getting kills with that thing.

Iron Banner helmets look awesome!

Khvostov 7G-02 definitely needs to be upgradable! It's just such a cool weapon, love the older aesthetics of it. Still have mine in my vault.

Bungie plz

Deku Tree

Your friend is Mainly a PvP player?

Gordon

Khvostov 7G-02 definitely needs to be upgradable! It's just such a cool weapon, love the older aesthetics of it. Still have mine in my vault.

Bungie plz
It would be a pretty sweet little easter egg to have the Khostov upgradeable all the way to legendary by going to some obscure place with it equipped or something.

patchday

man for real this Inferno Control is so great. All you can hear is the sound of titans shoulder charging everyone with impunity :)

Only my Hunter was able to have this much fun before since he cant be tracked on radar (cloak)

DiscreteCat

Neo Member
Tomorrow is going to be my first Iron Banner since before the Dark Below dropped

Does Corrective Measure still absolutely wreck people or does only being 300 attack make it less viable? Trying to plan out my loadout.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor

Bungie plz

It is a very cool gun. I re-rolled my warlock last week because I was bored and wanted a male rather than a female character model and decided to keep as much as my low level gear as possible. Originally tried using the Khvkstov just to troll and found that I really like it.

And I love not looking exactly like every one else. There is so much nice looking gear between levels 8 & 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom