• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

Damn it matt, stop stealing all the legendary engrams..

maybe that special engram will be 4th horseman

Two to the morgue.

Was Arc though, so it was pretty close.

Gonna bring my little bro along for a couple of strikes. His alt warlock is still rocking green boots.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
So what's the pricing on the IB armor sets?

Marks? Motes? Rare coins?

PvP is a strange beast. Maybe I'm just always running around with half health or something, because it feels like everything is a OHK to me, but I can never get a OHK on others.

I stuck a tripmine to a blade dancer's face, and who did it kill? Me. When I blade dace, I'm shut down by the first shotgun I come across. I heard that the sniper final round perk makes it a one hit body shot...Not for me. Hell, sometimes headshots with PR aren't even one shot kills. I go to snipe someone and three other guys show up and my sight gets drug all over the place due to the auto aim magnetism. Why do you do? I decided to fire six shots at center mass (3 guys, two shots per guy right?) and it didn't kill any of them.

I'm sure I'll get it sorted out, but it's very frustrating.

I know the feeling. I always seem to get one hit killed with a shotgun but feel I lay a full clip into someone and they dont die. I just use vex. its ttk is longer but it works for me. the more I do it the better I get but feel there is a learning curve I cant get over the hump on.

glimmer I believe. alot of it too

noomi

Your friend is Mainly a PvP player?

Nope... not even. Just does the nightfall, weeklies, dailies....etc. I don't know how that could have been enough for him...

I'm going to get him in here, and into a proper raid. It will be like being re-born

ocean

Banned

First you need to grind your soul out for reputation. As you gain ranks, start equipping IB stuff and you'll speed up your rep gains (Class Item, Shader and Emblem buff rep gains by 10% a piece).

Once you have the required reputation rank (it'll take a few days), you just pay with glimmer. A lot of it though, it's around 10-11k per piece.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
First you need to grind your soul out for reputation. As you gain ranks, start equipping IB stuff and you'll speed up your rep gains (Class Item, Shader and Emblem buff rep gains by 10% a piece).

Once you have the required reputation rank (it'll take a few days), you just pay with glimmer. A lot of it though, it's around 10-11k per piece.

Yes buy and wear the shaders, emblems and buff. Helps immensely

c1rcae

I'm 27/28 (I forget, it's been quite a while) and looking to get back in the swing of things. Stopped playing before Crota came out, though I have both expansions.

What should I be doing to get up to speed?

ich00

Since the Iron Banner is starting tomorrow I figured I would post this for anyone who could use it the info. It's basically a guide on how to get to rank 5 by Monday with playing roughly 6 matches a day and turning in 3 bounties while having all 3 IB items equipped (shader, class item and emblems) and the tempered buff. It helped me a lot and made the whole process less daunting.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...de_levelling_up_iron_banner_effectively_with/

Gordon

I'm 27/28 (I forget, it's been quite a while) and looking to get back in the swing of things. Stopped playing before Crota came out, though I have both expansions.

What should I be doing to get up to speed?
Grind marks and buy vendor gear to get as many 33/36 light pieces as possible, and/or see if somebody will carry you through normal crota for some raid armour. Once you hit 30-31 you can start getting carried through hard crotas and loading up on raid primaries too.

[Basically only like two or three people need to be appropriately levelled for crota's end, so there's pretty much always somebody getting carried, even if it's just because their ammo synth is recharging]

Could someone refresh me on how the IB loot is determined...multi part FAQ style?

True or False: If he's selling the HC, Sniper and Machine Gun, then the only drops are SR, Shotgun and Rocket Launcher?

What are the must have's? I have the Lash, so I'm thinking Sniper, Scout and Shotty.

What are the optimal rolls on those?

Does rep go to Crucible and IB, or just IB? For playing and for turning in bounties with IB stuffs equipped.

Thanks!!

Lothars

I know they announced helmets for IB, has anything been said of what weapons are going to be out in IB?

Could someone refresh me on how the IB loot is determined...multi part FAQ style?

True or False: If he's selling the HC, Sniper and Machine Gun, then the only drops are SR, Shotgun and Rocket Launcher?

What are the must have's? I have the Lash, so I'm thinking Sniper, Scout and Shotty.

Thanks!!

Whatever, he was selling last time will be dropping this time and I would say must have's are the Sniper, Scout, Shotgun and Heavy Machine Gun.

LTWood12

Thanks!!

The weapons that drop are the ones that he sold prior. So this IB you'll be able to get the Heavy Machine Gun and Auto Rifle as random loot rewards from matches once you hit rank 3. The three weapons you're wanting won't have a chance to drop randomly, but it's possible they could be sold.

Arrrammis

Does rep go to Crucible and IB, or just IB? For playing and for turning in bounties with IB stuffs equipped.

Thanks!!

The loot that does during the matches is whatever was sold in the last IB, so auto rifle and LMG. Whatever is being sold is random as far as I know.

For each match, you get rep for both IB and crucicble. (or whatever faction you're wearing- once you get the IB class item, wear it- it increases IB rep gains by 10%)

LTWood12

The loot that does during the matches is whatever was sold in the last IB, so scout rifle and LMG. Whatever is being sold is random as far as I know.

For each match, you get rep for both IB and crucicble. (or whatever faction you're wearing- once you get the IB class item, wear it- it increases IB rep gains by 10%)

He sold the auto rifle. Scout rifle was sold in the February Iron Banner.

Edit: you fixed it :)

Gordon

The loot that does during the matches is whatever was sold in the last IB, so auto rifle and LMG. Whatever is being sold is random as far as I know.

I don't think you actually get any crucible rep. Just marks. My wife only plays IB and she has hit rank 4 a couple times, but her crucible is still absolute 0 rep on one char and 100 on the other from a bounty.

Since the Iron Banner is starting tomorrow I figured I would post this for anyone who could use it the info. It's basically a guide on how to get to rank 5 by Monday with playing roughly 6 matches a day and turning in 3 bounties while having all 3 IB items equipped (shader, class item and emblems) and the tempered buff. It helped me a lot and made the whole process less daunting.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...de_levelling_up_iron_banner_effectively_with/

Awesome! I'm really excited to try IB this time. I'm not great, but I have TLW leveled up, and I'm pretty nasty with my Bladedancing (I think I got a 4-down riding the GAF train last night). Really excited to try to rank up!!!

Also, has anyone else experienced a shift from exotic to legendary gear obsession? First off, having gotten a bunch of exotics over the last month, I seem to be down to only a few left that can drop from rewards, and I keep getting dupes. Kind of giving up on getting a Hawkmoon (oh well), and everyone has Ghally, so Hunger does just fine. What I really want are: IB guns, Red Hand, Devil You Know with good perks, and all the other vendor guns that can't be bought or aren't Dead Orbit make (gotta get that shader).

And knowing that any legendary gear can be ascended with HoW, it's not all about CE gear anymore either. It will be really cool to finally see people who are max level in different getups, you know?

dB Viper

Anyone else like me have all of their reps close to the next level, so when HoW drops you can (hopefully) get some good loot out of the package that comes from leveling up? I missed out on this last time for TDB....

ocean

Banned

Thanks!!
Must haves IMO are Felwinter's Lie, the Spear and Jolder's Hammer.

On Felwinter's Lie, you want Shot Package and some range boost like Hammer Forged.
On the sniper, I like Ambush Scope. PvE, Field Scout and Rodeo are perks I look for.
On Jolder's Hammer, I like Field Scout + Feeding Frenzy or Crowd Control.
I have a Timur's Lash with Final Round, Field Scout and Outlaw that I like a lot. Don't know if this is a competitive perk set because I didn't re-roll it too many times.

The AR and PR are low impact variants so they're not worth it IMO. And the Scout Rifle is perfect as sold - Firefly+Outlaw making it a high impact Rapier.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Server's not available?

WTF?

ocean

Banned
I don't think you actually get any crucible rep. Just marks. My wife only plays IB and she has hit rank 4 a couple times, but her crucible is still absolute 0 rep on one char and 100 on the other from a bounty.

You get Crucible rep from IB. If she still has 0 Crucible rep despite playing IB matches it's because she's wearing a faction class item (FWC, Dead Orbit or New Monarchy), so the Crucible rep is going there instead.

Gordon

Quick question: so since level matters, I want to be 32, even if my 31 setup has the faster reload for HCs (Gravebreaker vs. CE arms)?
No, the damage differences between 31 and 32 are pretty minimal. A solid build will probably give you a better DPS. Handicapping yourself with crap perks for the sake of attack rating and armour rating is basically a wash. I prefer to use my best gear. I find that nets me more kills. A lot of people in IB are below 32 anyhow - they need the armour to level up, so it's not like you'll be the only underlevelled guy or anything. There's usually at least one 26 bladedancer running a very risky pain train whenever I play lol

BiGBoSSMk23

Nevermind; working now. Weird. I had to restart the PS4.

Mindlog

Yeah, I've read it thoroughly.
I got a couple games in and ended up getting basically the same results I get with Thorn, Red Death, Three Little Words and Stranger's Rifle. It's fun to fire so that's a nice change of pace. Just need to be more aggressive. At the same time I'm switching from Gunslinger to Bladedancer. This may take some time. Never used it in PvP or PvE. Also this will need further testing, but I could have sworn Warlock blink canceled Thorn DoT. Hunter blink does not so maybe I was just imagining it.

Weird thing happened. On my last match I joined a game in progress and my team was winning @_@

Gordon

You get Crucible rep from IB. If she still has 0 Crucible rep despite playing IB matches it's because she's wearing a faction class item (FWC, Dead Orbit or New Monarchy), so the Crucible rep is going there instead.
Hmm - she may have been, but she has the IB one now. Maybe she'll eventually be able to buy something with crucible marks lol

(factions require crucible 3 to purchase gear now? can anybody confirm that? that's what she's telling me. Seems retarded, so it's probably true lol)

ocean

Banned
Hmm - she may have been, but she has the IB one now. Maybe she'll eventually be able to buy something with crucible marks lol

(factions require crucible 3 to purchase gear now? can anybody confirm that? that's what she's telling me. Seems retarded, so it's probably true lol)

Each Faction requires having Rank 2 for armor and rank 3 for weapons, but I think that's always been the case. So to buy a FWC weapon you need FWC rank 3 for instance.

BTW, a quick way to check her Rank with every faction: type her PSN/GT at destinystatus.com and the Factions pane shows you a clear summary of your rank with each Faction per character.

Awesome! I'm really excited to try IB this time. I'm not great, but I have TLW leveled up, and I'm pretty nasty with my Bladedancing (I think I got a 4-down riding the GAF train last night). Really excited to try to rank up!!!

Also, has anyone else experienced a shift from exotic to legendary gear obsession? First off, having gotten a bunch of exotics over the last month, I seem to be down to only a few left that can drop from rewards, and I keep getting dupes. Kind of giving up on getting a Hawkmoon (oh well), and everyone has Ghally, so Hunger does just fine. What I really want are: IB guns, Red Hand, Devil You Know with good perks, and all the other vendor guns that can't be bought or aren't Dead Orbit make (gotta get that shader).

And knowing that any legendary gear can be ascended with HoW, it's not all about CE gear anymore either. It will be really cool to finally see people who are max level in different getups, you know?
The Devil You Know is unobtainable and the Devil You Don't is kind of poo. The Red Hand, Venation, and Chance are all decent.

Gordon

Each Faction requires having Rank 2 for armor and rank 3 for weapons, but I think that's always been the case. So to buy a FWC weapon you need FWC rank 3 for instance.

BTW, a quick way to check her Rank with every faction: type her PSN/GT at destinystatus.com and the Factions pane shows you a clear summary of your rank with each Faction per character.
I know the requirements - her dead orbit is at 7 (she just got the shader) but she says she can't buy a gun. Her crucible marks are maxed.

ocean

Banned
I know the requirements - her dead orbit is at 7 (she just got the shader) but she says she can't buy a gun. Her crucible marks are maxed.
Oh they added a silly mechanism with TDB which is going away with HoW.

Each time you level up a Faction rank you get an item called "Crucible Commendation". To buy a weapon you need to pay a Commendation along with your marks. It's a dumb ass move which we all hated but it'll be gone in a few weeks when the vendors are updated with HoW, they'll only require Rep and Marks like they used to.

Oh they added a silly mechanism with TDB which is going away with HoW.

Each time you level up a Faction rank you get an item called "Crucible Commendation". To buy a weapon you need to pay a Commendation along with your marks. It's a dumb ass move which we all hated but it'll be gone in a few weeks when the vendors are updated with HoW, they'll only require Rep and Marks like they used to.

Two wasted spaces in my storage, thanks bungie

Iceman829

Still can't decide if I feel like coming back to get my IB helmets this week. Anyway what time is the reset and can anyone remind me on what gear you needed to swap to make lord saldin think you still have your old rep at reset

Nuszka

Nope... not even. Just does the nightfall, weeklies, dailies....etc. I don't know how that could have been enough for him...

I'm going to get him in here, and into a proper raid. It will be like being re-born

If you want to run some vog pm me, still need some stuff as you know lol.

Crota HM. last CP. who's down? 3x, or as many as people want.

1. rasengan1337
2. you get a Gjallarhorn!
3. you get a Gjallarhorn!
4. you get a Gjallarhorn!
5. everyone gets a Gjallarhorn!
but you better not take mine!
would appreciate a sword bearer, too.

Thanks for the IB replies guys. I now have a game plan for wreking some shit and getting good loot this week. Now, do I just skip raiding altogether? Hmmm.

Still can't decide if I feel like coming back to get my IB helmets this week. Anyway what time is the reset and can anyone remind me on what gear you needed to swap to make lord saldin think you still have your old rep at reset
They may be countering the rep trick by having Iron Banner start at 11 am PST instead of 1 am with the reset.

Did Fusion Rifles and/or Plan C get a buff in the past month or so? I played a Rumble match on the Cauldron and I was landing kills from crazy distances. And I don't mean like normal crazy, I mean like full one side of the room to the other crazy. I kept shooting just expecting to drop their health down and finish them off with VoC, but they kept just falling over dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom