• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWood12

Thanks for the IB replies guys. I now have a game plan for wreking some shit and getting good loot this week. Now, do I just skip raiding altogether? Hmmm.

I'm not great or anything at PVP, but I was able to hit rank 4 on the last IB by playing a good bit on Sunday & Monday Night (when the multiplier is really high). Did almost all of it on Vita too.

mfn_pie

Thank you so much DGAF. Had an awesome night raiding with you. An awesome patient group. Can't wait to pay it forward once my abilities allow me to do so. Haul from last night:

Two Praedyth's Revenge
Deathsinger's Grip (guantlets I needed for my warlock)
Word of Crota
Suros Regime
Vex Mythoclast
Shards and Energies

I'm still chasing the elusive Gally and Black Hammer or Icebreaker, but man I'm not complaining. Thanks again.

Did Fusion Rifles and/or Plan C get a buff in the past month or so? I played a Rumble match on the Cauldron and I was landing kills from crazy distances. And I don't mean like normal crazy, I mean like full one side of the room to the other crazy. I kept shooting just expecting to drop their health down and finish them off with VoC, but they kept just falling over dead.
the range was nerfed, so you must be getting some good shots in.

LtOrange

I'm coming back from a massive break and was wondering if there are any viable vender weapons for pvp. I used to use the Suros when I last played, but I hear it has been nerfed to hell.

ich00

Thanks for the IB replies guys. I now have a game plan for wreking some shit and getting good loot this week. Now, do I just skip raiding altogether? Hmmm.

I'm debating the same, the only thing I need still is the 4th Horsemen...

Anyone up for some control practice later tonight? I was getting real good with my Last Word last IB and want to get some practice in tonight to hone the skills again for tomorrow. The collector in me wants those helmets (even though they're kinda ugly).

I'm debating the same, the only thing I need still is the 4th Horsemen...

Anyone up for some control practice later tonight? I was getting real good with my Last Word last IB and want to get some practice in tonight to hone the skills again for tomorrow. The collector in me wants those helmets (even though they're kinda ugly).
i'm down for practicing. i've never done IB at all, and this is actually the first week that i've earnestly played PvP.

LTWood12

Thank you so much DGAF. Had an awesome night raiding with you. An awesome patient group. Can't wait to pay it forward once my abilities allow me to do so. Haul from last night:

Two Praedyth's Revenge
Hand of Crota
Suros Regime
Vex Mythoclast
Shards and Energies

I'm still chasing the elusive Gally and Black Hammer or Icebreaker, but man I'm not complaining. Thanks again.

Really enjoyed playing with you! From Templar on we totally killed it. Only one wipe. Praedyth's Revenge is an awesome Sniper, and Suros and Vex are both spectacular weapons to have. Wondering what Hand of Crota is though. Did you mean Hunger?

border

Oh they added a silly mechanism with TDB which is going away with HoW.

Each time you level up a Faction rank you get an item called "Crucible Commendation". To buy a weapon you need to pay a Commendation along with your marks. It's a dumb ass move which we all hated but it'll be gone in a few weeks when the vendors are updated with HoW, they'll only require Rep and Marks like they used to.

It's so lame that they won't let you trade tCommendations in for marks. Or better yet, trade them in for marks from the opposing faction (Vanguard Commendation gets Crucible Marks).

I liked Gothalion on the livestream, but I wish he hadn't built up the commendation solution like it was going to be a "big thing".

mfn_pie

Really enjoyed playing with you! From Templar on we totally killed it. Only one wipe. Praedyth's Revenge is an awesome Sniper, and Suros and Vex are both spectacular weapons to have. Wondering what Hand of Crota is though. Did you mean Hunger?

Oops.. Word of Crota. It's my third PR and second of the Suros and Vex.

Two Praedyth's Revenge
Hand of Crota
Suros Regime
Vex Mythoclast
Shards and Energies

Anytime~! You did good last night.

Lima

It's so lame that they won't let you trade tCommendations in for marks. Or better yet, trade them in for marks from the opposing faction (Vanguard Commendation gets Crucible Marks).

I liked Gothalion on the livestream, but I wish he hadn't built up the commendation solution like it was going to be a "big thing".

It absolutely is a big thing. Marks are so easy to come by ill gladly take the rep. You can level up multiple times with the commendations and potentially get gear/shaders/ships or a whole bunch of nothing. Great deal.

patchday

Still can't decide if I feel like coming back to get my IB helmets this week. Anyway what time is the reset and can anyone remind me on what gear you needed to swap to make lord saldin think you still have your old rep at reset

its pretty bad when people use exploits to get around earning the rep the hard way during IB

Myself I'll probably pass on IB. just too many hours required to hit rank 4 no matter how good you are

* Now I will participate casually though. but will probably stop at rank 1 like I've done the past few IBs

Impala26

Any "basic tips" for an Iron Banner nubcake, either when it comes to games themselves (I'm a "competent" PvP player) or the rep, bounties, vendor, items for sale, etc?

c1rcae

Grind marks and buy vendor gear to get as many 33/36 light pieces as possible, and/or see if somebody will carry you through normal crota for some raid armour. Once you hit 30-31 you can start getting carried through hard crotas and loading up on raid primaries too.

[Basically only like two or three people need to be appropriately levelled for crota's end, so there's pretty much always somebody getting carried, even if it's just because their ammo synth is recharging]

Got it, thanks!

ethomaz

Banned
Any "basic tips" for an Iron Banner nubcake, either when it comes to games themselves (I'm a "competent" PvP player) or the rep, bounties, vendor, items for sale, etc?
I will tell you my two setup that means a lot of kills :p

|Hunter Bladedancer|
Hankmoon
Any good sniper
Corrective Measure

Just play with Hankmoon with 2 headshot kills from low/mid distance... I almost don't use the sniper (just when somebody is sniping me) and when you got heavy mother of god it is the time to get these 10 kills in a row bounty.

If you have a friend with Titan bubble with get orbs per hit then you will Bladedance forever... it is just too fun.

|Titan Striker|
Any good Pusle Rifle (Red Death for example)
Secret Handshake or Found Veredict
Corrective Measure

Just use the Red Death for mid range but always try to get close and one hit kill shotgun... it is just perfect and fun... most of maps allow you to play close range.

Corrective Measure to when you get Heavy.

Both setups works for me and I got like 15-25 kills per match... always in the TOP 3 players of the match unless I play pretty bad lol (that always happens in the first matches of day lol lol lol).

Sometimes I got surprised how good I play with these two setups... the first one (Hunter) is almost unbelievable good.

PS. I used the Suror Regime for the AR bounty but now it is a any primary bounty... so it is easy to do with Hankmoon or Red Death.

Thorn all leveled up and ready for IB tomorrow! Ok, not fully, just up to Mark of the Devourer. However, that's all the really matters.

Quick question. If I have an exotic bounty that is one step away from being complete, should I sit on it until HoW?

Assume that I already have at least a 300atk version of said exotic.

LTWood12

I will tell you my two setup that means a lot of kills :p

|Hunter Bladedancer|
Hankmoon
Any good sniper
Corrective Measure

Just play with Hankmoon with 2 headshot kills from low/mid distance... I almost don't use the sniper (just when somebody is sniping me) and when you got heavy mother of god it is the time to get these 10 kills in a row bounty.

If you have a friend with Titan bubble with get orbs per hit then you will Bladedance forever... it is just too fun.

|Titan Striker|
Any good Pusle Rifle (Red Death for example)
Secret Handshake or Found Veredict
Corrective Measure

Just use the Red Death for mid range but always try to get close and one hit kill shotgun... it is just perfect and fun... most of maps allow you to play close range.

Corrective Measure to when you get Heavy.

Both setups works for me and I got like 15-25 kills per match... always in the TOP 3 players of the match unless I play pretty bad lol (that always happens in the first matches of day lol lol lol).

PS. I used the Suror Regime for the AR bounty but now it is a any primary bounty... so it is easy to do with Hankmoon or Red Death.

I'd like to add this setup that works for me:
Defender Titan w/ Saint-14
Sticky Grenades, orb generating subclass buffs

Hawkmoon or The Last Word
Shotgun
Against All Odds, Jolders Hammer, etc.

Crazy good orb generation for your teammates, and so many people love to run into blinding bubbles trying to be a hero. You're there waiting w/ your shotgun and your fist.

Homeboyd

Quick question. If I have an exotic bounty that is one step away from being complete, should I sit on it until HoW?

Might as well get it now. You'll still have to use a shard to bump it to 365 no matter what.

I might try my hand at the Iron Banner this week. Get some gear.

Might as well. People did the same for TDB and got the upgraded version.

Finish it now. Odds are high they won't be changing the 331 max value. Even stuff you can buy from the Vanguard has 331 base, there's no damage upgrades apart from Ascension.

I believe it will come out as a 331 atk version even after HoW drops and you have to use an exotic shard to get it to 365 if its fully maxed. what you want to do is is use an exotic shard after HoW drops to upgrade your maxed 300 version to the 365 version. however if you wait on the new one until after HoW it will take much less time to upgrade, glimmer, materials top upgrade to full. so botton line. wait until HoW

I have not even finished a raid yet, I could use some help for vault of glass or anything really. Im game for whatever? psn akafullmetal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom